Top Commentators Plugin WordPress for More Comments and Traffic
what you will do if I ask you how you will go about increasing comments flow on your blog? No doubt different people can have different opinion about this question. Some will ask you run a contest on your blog to improve them. While others will suggest you write engaging content and ask questions in your blog posts. There can be 10’s of other answers for the same problem. And if you ask me, what is the most effective and easiest way to increase comments on your blog; I would say its Top Commentators plugin. You should just go and install the Top Commentators plugin widget on your WordPress blog.
Top Commentators Plugin Installation and Customization Options
You can download the latest version of Top Commentators plugin widget from WordPress plugin here. After installing and activating this plugin, you just need to drag and drop it to a place on your blog where you want to show top commentators widget. You can access the Top Commentators Plugin Settings in your WordPress panel from Widgets under Appearance.
Following customization options are available with Top Commentators plugin:
- You can assign it a title of your own.
- You can add a description which will be shown just after title.
- Then you can specific the reset time period. Suppose you specify the time period as one month, in that case top commenters will be able to hold on their spots in the top commentators widget for one month. I also have set the reset time period as one month for top commenters widget for Bloggers Passion.
- Then you can limit the number of names you want to show in the top commentor widget like 5, 6, 10 or you can enter any number of your choice. Apart from this, you can define the character limit for names in this section.
- You can display top commenters widget in a bullet or numbered list style
- Then you can decide whether you want to hyperlink names or not.
- You can decide like whether you want to show this commenters name widget on your blog home page only or on all pages.
- Then you want to display Gravatar icons for commenters or not
Top Commentators Plugin Benefits List
You will notice the amount of comments coming on your blog has increased to great extent as you are rewarding your blog readers by adding links for their websites and blogs in the top commentators widget section on your blog sidebar or in the footer section.
- You will also notice improvement in engagement metrics like bounce rate, page views per visit and time spend on your website.
- If you are accepting high quality and targeted comments on your blog that should improve the overall traffic on your blog as in that case you are able to update your blog pages with targeted and fresh content in the form of comments.
- Your subscriber’s rate should also increase. You should see improved numbers in your Email subscribers, Facebook, Twitter and Google plus accounts.
The only downside I see of adding top commentator plugin on your blog is that you may start getting more spam comments on your blog and there may be lots of people who are leaving comments on your blog just for the sake of SEO benefits only. They are not there to give their honest thoughts or concerns about different topics.
- Read: CommentLuv Plugin WordPress: More Comments and Traffic on Your Blog
- Also Check: 10 Killer Tips to Get Lots of Comments on your Blog Posts
My Experience with Top Commentators Plugin
I have been using this plugin on BloggersPassion.com for almost one year now. I’m that much happy with Top Commentators widget plugin is that I never through of deactivating or deleting this plugin from this blog. I think I’m getting all the benefits shared above after using this plugin. As far the spam comments are concerned, I’m using Akismet plugin to tackle them and most of time this anti-spam plugin is smart enough to differentiate between a good comment and spam comment.
Are you thinking of trying top commentators plugin on your blog or you have already tried it on your blog, how it’s doing for you, share your thoughts and views in the comments section.