5 Tips On Writing Blog Content And Placing Ads That Bring In Business
Putting content on your blog or website on a regular basis is the key to your online success. In fact unless you have a very popular brand that pulls in huge direct traffic (where visitors come to your website or blog just by typing your name), you will definitely need good content to get success. Advertisement or Ads as they are popularly known give you a means to monetize your web traffic and web presence. Ads can be of various types ranging from plain text ads to complex rich media ones. So, what does good blog content means and how do you find the place to put Ads which gives you maximum business returns? In this post we try to answer this question so that you can follow the instructions and get your share of online success.
1. Set Goals and Align Your Content Strategy:
It may sound simple, but unless you set clear cut goals that you want from your website – it could be like more product sales, affiliate sales, driving a visitor customer acquisition funnel, getting his email or getting him to sign up for a newsletter etc. you may be aiming for nothing and that’s what you will get. So the simple steps to follow are:
- Set clear goals on writing content for blogs and communicate it to all the stakeholders.
- Research keywords in your niche that are more geared towards conversion and choose to write a blog content post every week on one of these particular keyword. Try to make is as authoritative as possible
- Write website content that tries to give you success on these goals.
- Set up a clear cut blog content calendar, assign ownership and follow it religiously.
- Follow competitor blogs in your niche and ask them for guest blogging. While starting on a website or a blog make sure that you gain social exposure or become a known name in your niche. So initially focus more on building relationship with writing guest posts, blog commenting, promoting and writing reviews for other popular products in your niche etc. This way you slowly build foundations both for your blog and among your competitors.
2. Set Up Your Google Analytics Content And Analyze It Regularly:
First set up your goals and funnels and then analyze what keywords are bringing in traffic for your website. By traffic we are meaning only organic traffic, since this post is centered on getting success from it. We are NOT talking about paid traffic. Try to figure out which keywords are sending traffic to what pages and which pages are sending traffic to your converting pages or order pages, thereby fulfilling your goals. Find out more derivative keywords for those particular keywords and write content around them, interlink these new pages to the pages that are sending traffic to your conversion pages thereby giving more push internally. Do this externally also. Try to get more backlinks with the relevant anchor text to such pages from different high authority domains from your niche. Remember being contextually relevant is extremely important here. Here are some resources that will help you in backlink building process:
- Getting High Quality Backlinks: Things You Shouldn’t Miss
- How To Build Quality Backlinks – Penguin Friendly
- How To Get Free Backlinks By Helping Other Bloggers
- How You Are Doing Link Building in Google Panda and Penguin World?
- Link Building Tips and Techniques Followed by Successful Bloggers
3. Try Finding Locations Where Your Customers Flock Or Click:
Selling Ice-creams on Antarctica would not get you much business. Similar is the case with online business unless you find where your customers are centered and what is their profile, be it social media, forums, popular blogs, groups just find all the places be a part of these and start interacting with them. Helping them out with their businesses problems and in the meanwhile creating a coveted place for yourself in the niche will get you more exposure. Don’t start advertising your product or content immediately. First build trust then share your links and product promotions. This also goes for tracking clicks which the users make on your website and other places you have bought advertising so that you can find out which one is working for you or not – we will deal with this completely in a later point.
4. Write Engaging And Enticing Titles For Your Content:
No matter how interesting information you put in your content or how valuable it is going to be for the customer, chances are great users will not click on it unless they find the title very exciting, sensational, thought provoking or otherwise interesting. So put a good effort in deciding on what goes into your title. These 60 characters are going to be most important for your users, the search engines and for your online success. Here are some important tips on what are the constituents of a good title:
- Tap into fears or desires of users
- Lists are very popular among readers
- Use Keyword at least once in the title
- Address a specific problem point for your readers with the possibility of an easy solution
- Grab attention – encourage readers to read the next line
- Make sure it is extremely relevant to what your readers expect and relevant to the goal
- Real data, numbers and lists work well
- Learn from what has worked before
- Simple and direct works well, but just don’t be boring
- Exciting, interesting, controversial, sensational all work well but keep them believable
- Use powerful, direct and definitive language
- Use Brackets in the title to grab attention and emphasize a particular thing
Here are few links that will help you learn the art of good title or headline writing:
- How to Write Title Tags For Search Engine Optimization
- How to write good page titles and metatags
- 7 Tips on how to write optimized webpage titles
- Spilling SEO Juice – 3 Dos and Don’ts for Writing Great Page Titles
- How To Write Good Web Page Titles – My Top 9 Tips
5. Tracking Your Ads and Other Conversions:
Unless you are running a single page website without menus and navigation it is more probable that you will have many locations on your website and web page which will be linked to different conversion options or pages and some of your backlinks that come from out of your website will also be pointing to these important pages and links. Therefore it becomes very important for a website owner to track these action elements to get an insight on what is giving conversions, business and bringing in profitability and what is simply driving the valuable visitor traffic.
Google Analytics gives you a good tool to find out which pages have high bounce rates and which links are being clicked very often. Putting a tracking mechanism on every website element, be it navigation, in content links, banners, header and footer links will give you a clear and valuable insight on what is being delivered by the website in terms of conversion and internal navigation. Expertise on this matter will come over time but once it is there you will be able to see a clear picture on what is working and what is not.
Blog content, content for websites and advertisements that are placed on them which are all geared towards bringing in business and profitability can be really excellent tools if used with proper techniques and analytics. Goals are very important in this process and content and ads targeted to achieve these goals will solve the equation for you.