Top 10 Affiliate Marketing Tools And Plugins to Skyrocket Your Sales In 2017
“You just got an affiliate sale”.
I love reading those emails in my inbox. Whenever I get a new affiliate sale, it makes me happier. Who doesn’t like getting more money into their pockets?
If you’re wondering about how to get more affiliate sales, I’ve a simple tip for you. Get access to the RIGHT affiliate marketing tools and plugins and you will be saving a lot of time and money.
This detailed post is written just to help people like you who are struggling to increase their affiliate sales. You will discover some of the best affiliate marketing tools and plugins I personally use (or tried in the past). So are you ready? Let’s get into the details.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Affiliate Marketing Tools And Plugins
- 1. GetResponse
- 2. Amazon Product In a Post
- 3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
- 4. Thirsty Affiliates
- 5. AdSanity
- 6. SEMrush
- 7. Floating Banner Advert Rotator Box
- 8. Affiliate WP
- 9. Affiliates Manager
- 10. WP in Post Ads
Top 10 Affiliate Marketing Tools And Plugins
Hands down, email marketing is the king when it comes to increasing affiliate sales. Affiliate marketing is all 3 major things.
You can’t achieve any one of them without building rapport with your audience. This is where email marketing comes into play. If you want to boost your affiliate sales, make sure to grow your email list from day 1.
Even to this date, GetResponse remains a top-notch product. It’s one of the best email marketing programs on the market today. You can avail all of its features at a very reasonable price. I’ve been using this for over 3 years to grow my list and I’m a satisfied user.
With GetResponse, you can get access to extensive A/B testing options, single-click list segmentation, and a tremendously helpful array of tools and reports. GetResponse is absolutely better for all digital marketing professionals due to these reasons:
- GetResponse offers a 30-day free trial for a list of up to 250 subscribers, no credit card required.
- The basic email plan gives you unlimited email marketing, autoresponders and a landing page that can accommodate up to 1,000 visitors/month. There are categories in this like Pro, Max and Enterprise where it removes all kind of limitations.
- GetResponse offers an impressive 1 GB of image storage with each account.
- They offer very good 24/7 chat services to their clients.
- They offer two types of Editors, one is “Drag-and-Drop Email Editor” and the other is “HTML Source Editor.” while creating your campaign. With this you can customize any option and you can choose tracking options, activate A/B testing, and/or set the campaign to be shared via linkedin, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- You can check how the custom email will look on a mobile device.
- You will have vast variety of templates that are arranged into categories such as sports, seasonal/birthday, internet marketing, publishing, and non-profits.
- With GetResponse, designing your email is very easy. Just use drag and drop elements (text boxes, images, etc.) into the editor.
GetResponse makes it so easy to send the Email in a scheduled time. You can preview them using the extremely handy Inbox Preview. When it comes to reporting, it covers all the basics as well as a number of advanced statistics.
- There are few hidden charges.
- The interface is not intuitive.
Here are their great selection of features:
- With over 500 templates and a WYSIWYG interface, you can create emails very easily.
- The landing page creator allows you to quickly create a landing page, choosing from more than 100 templates.
- It’s A/B testing feature allows you to test and compare up to five variants of the subject line, email content, from field, or time of sending.
- It offers the ability to engage your contacts with webinars starting at the Pro level.
- It allows users to segment their campaign sends according to time zones through its Time Travel option. This feature ensures that a mass mailing goes into everyone’s mailbox at the same local time.
- GetResponse provides both time-based and action-based autoresponders to increase subscriber engagement, along with detailed guides on how to use them.
- The “Form Builder” feature allows you to easily create email signup forms for websites or Facebook pages.
- GetResponse has a comprehensive anti-spam policy in order to keep its deliverability rates high.
Here’s a detailed unbiased review of GetResponse if you want to know more about it before give it a try.
Some of the affiliate marketing WordPress plugins make the complex process so simple. They not only save your time but also your money. If you have an Amazon Affiliate account and you don’t think the available Amazon widgets are that great, then this plugin might be for you.
The plugin uses the Amazon Product Advertising API. Amazon Product In a Post Plugin is used to quickly add a formatted Amazon Product and Item to a post or page by using just the Amazon product ASIN.
To use the plugin, you must have an
- An Amazon Affiliate Account
- Amazon Product Advertising API keys (Root Keys Only)
What can you do with this plugin?
- Whether to an existing post or already written post, you can add any Amazon product or item.
- With custom Amazon product, you can monetize your blog posts and add your own Reviews, descriptions.
- You can make the post content become part of the product layout.
Without SEO, you can’t get more website traffic. Without traffic, you can’t get more affiliate sales. It’s as simple as that.
If you are into affiliate marketing, then you know the value of good organic ranking for the products or services your business offers. Having better ranking for the services and products your business is more important as more potential customers are searching for the products related to your industry every day.
The sooner your website is ranked on page 1 of Google, better the results. Here’s where a proper SEO tool like WordPress SEO by Yoast comes into handy. It’s NOT only a free plugin but it is also helpful for increasing your search traffic through on page optimization.
Here is how Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress can help you to improve on-page SEO and organic search engine rankings:
- You can know how your content will look when someone searches for it on Google as while writing meta information, the Yoast plugin will show you a Google search result snippet preview.
- It has the ability to get you verified Google Authorship for your website.
- It helps in ranking your SEO value page by page from Bad, Poor, Ok, and Good. It will also give you recommendations on how to improve from Poor to Good – counting the keyword density and how often your focus keyword appears on the page title, meta description, and within the content of that specific page or post.
- Once your content is published, it has the ability notify search engines automatically when linked with Google Webmaster tools.
- If you want to tell Google and other search engines about the organization of your site content and what pages to view for specific information then yoast will automatically generate an XML sitemap file where you can list the web pages of your site.
Wanna hide affiliate links and still make them look pretty? Here is the plugin for you. If you are a professional blogger then you will obviously know the importance of it as affiliate marketing is a great source of income.
It is an affiliate link management plugin for WordPress that allows you to store affiliate links, organize them in categories. In order to manage affiliate links, you need an affiliate marketing related WordPress plugin. That’s where Thirsty affiliates plugin comes into play to manage all your affiliate links easily.
How this plugin helps you?
- It helps you to create branded affiliate URLs and automatically replace specific keywords with affiliate links.
- It has a built-in search feature which allows you to easily search for an affiliate link.
Why to hide affiliate links any way?
Most of the people think, hiding affiliate links is not appropriate. But wait, there are so many good reasons to use.
- You can track the number of times visitors clicked on your links by running affiliate links through an internal redirect. If you want to calculate conversion rates, then this is valuable information.
- Make simple and short URLs. Some affiliate programs provide ugly and long URLs.
- Many affiliate programs include your affiliate ID in the link. If you use the same ID on multiple sites, it can make it very easy for people to discover all of the affiliate sites that you’re running through a simple Google search.
This plugin allows you to create and manage ads shown on a website as well as keep statistics on views and clicks. It’s a simple and fast ad rotator plugin.
- Through WordPress dashboard, you can add and manage local image-link ads or external network ads.
- You can set publish and end dates for ads. You can also create and manage ad groups.
- Using sidebar widgets, you can insert ads or ad groups into the sidebar.
- You can monitor views and clicks of ads.
Here are the amazing features of this plugin:
- You can keep management simple with it’s easy setup feature. To develop the administration of AdSanity, they always focus on user experience. Users familiar with managing posts and categories will find managing ads and groups easy.
- With the Single Ad widget, users can easily drop the widget into the sidebar and select which single ad to display. If the ad list grows too large, the Single Ad widget has a handy search function to sift through the ad list to find the right ad.
- There is also an Ad Group widget that will show a particular group of ads.
- It allows for two publishing options namely infinite or date-based. However, Infinite allows for an ad to be shown until it is manually removed from view.
- You can also call up custom stats for selected ads in a defined date range.
There are several add-ons to extend the core functionality of this plugin, as users like to advertise in many ways. The plugin also includes strategic actions and filters WordPress developers who wants to customize and increase the functionality of the AdSanity platform.
Are you wondering about why an SEO tool like SEMrush included in this best affiliate marketing tools list? Don’t wonder, I’ll explain. To increase your affiliate sales, you need to bring more search traffic. To get more search traffic, you need to have access to the right tools like SEMrush and that’s why I’m listing it here.
Here is what SEMrush can offer you:
#1. Check your competitor’s Ad texts: Using SEMrush, you can check their accurate Ad data and also track ads through Google and Bing with a wide variety of metrics and data sets including CPC, competition score, positions, traffic, ad text and more.
Take a look at the call to action they are using. What kind of deals are they offering. You can visually see what offers are driving traffic to your competitors websites and then make changes to your own ads to turn that traffic around.
#2. Find profitable long tail keywords: SEMrush provides highly accurate and relevant keyword data. It tracks over 100 million keywords by volume in a number of different databases for both local and international versions of Google and Bing.
The one good thing about the long tail keyword phrases in your particular niche is that they typically have a much lower level of competition. So it is easier to rank within the top ten results of a search engine.
Long tail keywords bring much more targeted traffic. These are usually what people are searching for things that they already know about or that doesn’t know.
#3. Competitor Research: Using SEMrush, you can review what your competitors are doing online. You can see the top keywords they are using and see where they are beating you in search.
SEMrush also allows you to find out the top 20 pages that are ranking for certain keywords. Instead of focusing on a specific competitor, you can focus on the keywords.
#4. Compare Domains: SEMrush allows you to compare up to five domains in a side by side comparison. With the domain versus domain comparison tool you can see what keywords you have in common. You can also see where they rank for both organic and paid search.
#5. Keyword Difficulty Tool: SEMrush’s keyword difficulty tool puts a number to each keyword and shows you the difficulty in ranking your website to it. It is important if you are trying to target the right people to your website.
In order to generate a good portion of the site’s income, most blogs display advertisements, banner ads. If you want to promote affiliate products or to sell advertising then here is the plugin that allows you to display ads on your site in the most effective places to optimize your space.
Each time someone visits your site a banner advert will be chosen at random and be shown.
- This plugin works great with split testing banner adverts. In the admin area it lists each banner with statistics for views, clicks and clickthroughs.
- It clearly places on the page where site visitors will see your affiliate advertisements.
- To make sure that ad doesn’t appear whenever users refresh the page or open a new page or post, this plugin makes use of session storage within the user’s browser to only display the advert once each time they visit.
8. Affiliate WP
AffiliateWP is a reliable WordPress plugin that gives you the affiliate marketing tools that helps you to grow your business and make more money. It is packed with wide variety of features:
- It can track affiliate referrals reliably.
- It is integrated fully with popular WordPress eCommerce and membership plugins.
- It can track affiliate-referred visits, referrals, earnings and affiliate registrations in real time without any delay.
- With affiliate coupon tracking, connect coupon codes to specific affiliate accounts.
- You can moderate affiliate registrations, edit individual affiliate accounts and see your top earning affiliates.
- It enables automatic affiliate account creation for all users who register a new WordPress user account on your site.
- It uses WordPress-friendly shortcodes for the affiliate login form.
AffiliateWP is seamlessly integrated where it looks and feels like WordPress. It is extremely extensible where you can add custom features and functionality.
Affiliates Manager is one of the best affiliate marketing plugins out there.
There are many bloggers effectively borrow their affiliate’s audiences to draw new visitors to their sites. WP Affiliate Manager helps you to manage an affiliate marketing program to drive more traffic and more sales to your store.
How it helps you?
- It facilitates the affiliates recruitment, login, registration and management process.
- It tracks the referrals that your affiliates send to your site and give commissions appropriately.
- It integrates with some popular e-commerce solutions like WooCommerce, Simple Shopping Cart, WP eCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, WP eStore, Paid Membership Pro, S2Member.
- Whatever the number of affiliates you have, you can track all of them.
- You can add as many banners or text link ads as you wish.
- You can track how many times a particular affiliate ad is getting viewed.
10. WP in Post Ads
Did you see blogs that has ads inside their post content? These ads are either after the first paragraph or the second paragraph in most cases. There are various ways by which you can add AdSense in between the post. Here is the ultimate ad management plugin for in-post ads in WordPress posts and website.
It has the ability to split test ads, reposition ads, count views and customize it for each post. You will see higher earnings with your optimized ads.
- You can test positions for your ads just to make sure that which gets the most clicks and generates the most profit.
- You can keep track of impressions to view just how much your ads are getting seen.
- Wanna generate lots of clicks? Then position your ad after the post title on the left, right or right in the center.
- You can embed your ad right into the content and choose precisely how far down to position it.
- You can get detailed statistics and data on your ad performance through Google Analytics.
Final thoughts about top affiliate marketing tools and plugins
Out of all the above mentioned affiliate marketing tools and plugins, I personally love GetResponse, SEMrush and Thirsty Affiliates. Although they are paid affiliate marketing tools but they are worth every single penny.
After all, you need to first invest money in affiliate marketing before making any money from it, right? So spending a few bucks on the best affiliate marketing tools is a smart choice.
So what are your thoughts? Did I miss any of your favorite affiliate marketing tools and plugins? If you like these tools, do share it with others so others can benefit. Do share your thoughts in the comments below.