Top 20 Affiliate Marketing Tools And Plugins to Skyrocket Your Sales In 2018
“You just got an affiliate sale”.
I love reading those emails in my inbox. Whenever I get a new affiliate sale, it makes me happier. Who doesn’t like getting more money into their pockets?
If you’re wondering about how to get more affiliate sales, I’ve a simple tip for you. Get access to the RIGHT affiliate marketing tools and plugins and you will be saving a lot of time and money.
This detailed post is written just to help people like you who are struggling to increase their affiliate sales. You will discover some of the best affiliate marketing tools and plugins I personally use (or tried in the past). So are you ready? Let’s get into the details.
Table of Contents
- Top 20 Affiliate Marketing Tools And Plugins for 2018
- 1. GetResponse
- 2. Amazon Product In a Post
- 3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
- 4. Thirsty Affiliates
- 5. AdSanity
- 6. SEMrush
- 7. Floating Banner Advert Rotator Box
- 8. Affiliate WP
- 9. Affiliates Manager
- 10. WP in Post Ads
- 10 More Tools to Increase Your Affiliate Sales
- 11. Sumo tools
- 12. WordPress SEO by Yoast
- 13. OptinMonster
- 14. Tablepress
- 15. WPX hosting
- 16. Author hReview
- 17. Auto affiliate links
- 18. Floating Banner Advert Rotator Box
- 19. Crazy Egg
- 20. Meks Easy ads widget
Top 20 Affiliate Marketing Tools And Plugins for 2018
Hands down, email marketing is the king when it comes to increasing affiliate sales. Affiliate marketing is all 3 major things.
You can’t achieve any one of them without building rapport with your audience. This is where email marketing comes into play. If you want to boost your affiliate sales, make sure to grow your email list from day 1.
Even to this date, GetResponse remains a top-notch product. It’s one of the best email marketing programs on the market today. You can avail all of its features at a very reasonable price. I’ve been using this for over 3 years to grow my list and I’m a satisfied user.
With GetResponse, you can get access to extensive A/B testing options, single-click list segmentation, and a tremendously helpful array of tools and reports. GetResponse is absolutely better for all digital marketing professionals due to these reasons:
- GetResponse offers a 30-day free trial for a list of up to 250 subscribers, no credit card required.
- The basic email plan gives you unlimited email marketing, autoresponders and a landing page that can accommodate up to 1,000 visitors/month. There are categories in this like Pro, Max and Enterprise where it removes all kind of limitations.
- GetResponse offers an impressive 1 GB of image storage with each account.
- They offer very good 24/7 chat services to their clients.
- They offer two types of Editors, one is “Drag-and-Drop Email Editor” and the other is “HTML Source Editor.” while creating your campaign. With this you can customize any option and you can choose tracking options, activate A/B testing, and/or set the campaign to be shared via linkedin, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- You can check how the custom email will look on a mobile device.
- You will have vast variety of templates that are arranged into categories such as sports, seasonal/birthday, internet marketing, publishing, and non-profits.
- With GetResponse, designing your email is very easy. Just use drag and drop elements (text boxes, images, etc.) into the editor.
GetResponse makes it so easy to send the Email in a scheduled time. You can preview them using the extremely handy Inbox Preview. When it comes to reporting, it covers all the basics as well as a number of advanced statistics.
- There are few hidden charges.
- The interface is not intuitive.
Here are their great selection of features:
- With over 500 templates and a WYSIWYG interface, you can create emails very easily.
- The landing page creator allows you to quickly create a landing page, choosing from more than 100 templates.
- It’s A/B testing feature allows you to test and compare up to five variants of the subject line, email content, from field, or time of sending.
- It offers the ability to engage your contacts with webinars starting at the Pro level.
- It allows users to segment their campaign sends according to time zones through its Time Travel option. This feature ensures that a mass mailing goes into everyone’s mailbox at the same local time.
- GetResponse provides both time-based and action-based autoresponders to increase subscriber engagement, along with detailed guides on how to use them.
- The “Form Builder” feature allows you to easily create email signup forms for websites or Facebook pages.
- GetResponse has a comprehensive anti-spam policy in order to keep its deliverability rates high.
Here’s a detailed unbiased review of GetResponse if you want to know more about it before give it a try.
Some of the affiliate marketing WordPress plugins make the complex process so simple. They not only save your time but also your money. If you have an Amazon Affiliate account and you don’t think the available Amazon widgets are that great, then this plugin might be for you.
The plugin uses the Amazon Product Advertising API. Amazon Product In a Post Plugin is used to quickly add a formatted Amazon Product and Item to a post or page by using just the Amazon product ASIN.
To use the plugin, you must have an
- An Amazon Affiliate Account
- Amazon Product Advertising API keys (Root Keys Only)
What can you do with this plugin?
- Whether to an existing post or already written post, you can add any Amazon product or item.
- With custom Amazon product, you can monetize your blog posts and add your own Reviews, descriptions.
- You can make the post content become part of the product layout.
Without SEO, you can’t get more website traffic. Without traffic, you can’t get more affiliate sales. It’s as simple as that.
If you are into affiliate marketing, then you know the value of good organic ranking for the products or services your business offers. Having better ranking for the services and products your business is more important as more potential customers are searching for the products related to your industry every day.
The sooner your website is ranked on page 1 of Google, better the results. Here’s where a proper SEO tool like WordPress SEO by Yoast comes into handy. It’s NOT only a free plugin but it is also helpful for increasing your search traffic through on page optimization.
Here is how Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress can help you to improve on-page SEO and organic search engine rankings:
- You can know how your content will look when someone searches for it on Google as while writing meta information, the Yoast plugin will show you a Google search result snippet preview.
- It has the ability to get you verified Google Authorship for your website.
- It helps in ranking your SEO value page by page from Bad, Poor, Ok, and Good. It will also give you recommendations on how to improve from Poor to Good – counting the keyword density and how often your focus keyword appears on the page title, meta description, and within the content of that specific page or post.
- Once your content is published, it has the ability notify search engines automatically when linked with Google Webmaster tools.
- If you want to tell Google and other search engines about the organization of your site content and what pages to view for specific information then yoast will automatically generate an XML sitemap file where you can list the web pages of your site.
Wanna hide affiliate links and still make them look pretty? Here is the plugin for you. If you are a professional blogger then you will obviously know the importance of it as affiliate marketing is a great source of income.
It is an affiliate link management plugin for WordPress that allows you to store affiliate links, organize them in categories. In order to manage affiliate links, you need an affiliate marketing related WordPress plugin. That’s where Thirsty affiliates plugin comes into play to manage all your affiliate links easily.
How this plugin helps you?
- It helps you to create branded affiliate URLs and automatically replace specific keywords with affiliate links.
- It has a built-in search feature which allows you to easily search for an affiliate link.
Why to hide affiliate links any way?
Most of the people think, hiding affiliate links is not appropriate. But wait, there are so many good reasons to use.
- You can track the number of times visitors clicked on your links by running affiliate links through an internal redirect. If you want to calculate conversion rates, then this is valuable information.
- Make simple and short URLs. Some affiliate programs provide ugly and long URLs.
- Many affiliate programs include your affiliate ID in the link. If you use the same ID on multiple sites, it can make it very easy for people to discover all of the affiliate sites that you’re running through a simple Google search.
This plugin allows you to create and manage ads shown on a website as well as keep statistics on views and clicks. It’s a simple and fast ad rotator plugin.
- Through WordPress dashboard, you can add and manage local image-link ads or external network ads.
- You can set publish and end dates for ads. You can also create and manage ad groups.
- Using sidebar widgets, you can insert ads or ad groups into the sidebar.
- You can monitor views and clicks of ads.
Here are the amazing features of this plugin:
- You can keep management simple with it’s easy setup feature. To develop the administration of AdSanity, they always focus on user experience. Users familiar with managing posts and categories will find managing ads and groups easy.
- With the Single Ad widget, users can easily drop the widget into the sidebar and select which single ad to display. If the ad list grows too large, the Single Ad widget has a handy search function to sift through the ad list to find the right ad.
- There is also an Ad Group widget that will show a particular group of ads.
- It allows for two publishing options namely infinite or date-based. However, Infinite allows for an ad to be shown until it is manually removed from view.
- You can also call up custom stats for selected ads in a defined date range.
There are several add-ons to extend the core functionality of this plugin, as users like to advertise in many ways. The plugin also includes strategic actions and filters WordPress developers who wants to customize and increase the functionality of the AdSanity platform.
Are you wondering about why an SEO tool like SEMrush included in this best affiliate marketing tools list? Don’t wonder, I’ll explain. To increase your affiliate sales, you need to bring more search traffic. To get more search traffic, you need to have access to the right tools like SEMrush and that’s why I’m listing it here.
Here is what SEMrush can offer you:
#1. Check your competitor’s Ad texts: Using SEMrush, you can check their accurate Ad data and also track ads through Google and Bing with a wide variety of metrics and data sets including CPC, competition score, positions, traffic, ad text and more.
Take a look at the call to action they are using. What kind of deals are they offering. You can visually see what offers are driving traffic to your competitors websites and then make changes to your own ads to turn that traffic around.
#2. Find profitable long tail keywords: SEMrush provides highly accurate and relevant keyword data. It tracks over 100 million keywords by volume in a number of different databases for both local and international versions of Google and Bing.
The one good thing about the long tail keyword phrases in your particular niche is that they typically have a much lower level of competition. So it is easier to rank within the top ten results of a search engine.
Long tail keywords bring much more targeted traffic. These are usually what people are searching for things that they already know about or that doesn’t know.
#3. Competitor Research: Using SEMrush, you can review what your competitors are doing online. You can see the top keywords they are using and see where they are beating you in search.
SEMrush also allows you to find out the top 20 pages that are ranking for certain keywords. Instead of focusing on a specific competitor, you can focus on the keywords.
#4. Compare Domains: SEMrush allows you to compare up to five domains in a side by side comparison. With the domain versus domain comparison tool you can see what keywords you have in common. You can also see where they rank for both organic and paid search.
#5. Keyword Difficulty Tool: SEMrush’s keyword difficulty tool puts a number to each keyword and shows you the difficulty in ranking your website to it. It is important if you are trying to target the right people to your website.
In order to generate a good portion of the site’s income, most blogs display advertisements, banner ads. If you want to promote affiliate products or to sell advertising then here is the plugin that allows you to display ads on your site in the most effective places to optimize your space.
Each time someone visits your site a banner advert will be chosen at random and be shown.
- This plugin works great with split testing banner adverts. In the admin area it lists each banner with statistics for views, clicks and clickthroughs.
- It clearly places on the page where site visitors will see your affiliate advertisements.
- To make sure that ad doesn’t appear whenever users refresh the page or open a new page or post, this plugin makes use of session storage within the user’s browser to only display the advert once each time they visit.
8. Affiliate WP
AffiliateWP is a reliable WordPress plugin that gives you the affiliate marketing tools that helps you to grow your business and make more money. It is packed with wide variety of features:
- It can track affiliate referrals reliably.
- It is integrated fully with popular WordPress eCommerce and membership plugins.
- It can track affiliate-referred visits, referrals, earnings and affiliate registrations in real time without any delay.
- With affiliate coupon tracking, connect coupon codes to specific affiliate accounts.
- You can moderate affiliate registrations, edit individual affiliate accounts and see your top earning affiliates.
- It enables automatic affiliate account creation for all users who register a new WordPress user account on your site.
- It uses WordPress-friendly shortcodes for the affiliate login form.
AffiliateWP is seamlessly integrated where it looks and feels like WordPress. It is extremely extensible where you can add custom features and functionality.
Affiliates Manager is one of the best affiliate marketing plugins out there.
There are many bloggers effectively borrow their affiliate’s audiences to draw new visitors to their sites. WP Affiliate Manager helps you to manage an affiliate marketing program to drive more traffic and more sales to your store.
How it helps you?
- It facilitates the affiliates recruitment, login, registration and management process.
- It tracks the referrals that your affiliates send to your site and give commissions appropriately.
- It integrates with some popular e-commerce solutions like WooCommerce, Simple Shopping Cart, WP eCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, WP eStore, Paid Membership Pro, S2Member.
- Whatever the number of affiliates you have, you can track all of them.
- You can add as many banners or text link ads as you wish.
- You can track how many times a particular affiliate ad is getting viewed.
10. WP in Post Ads
Did you see blogs that has ads inside their post content? These ads are either after the first paragraph or the second paragraph in most cases. There are various ways by which you can add AdSense in between the post. Here is the ultimate ad management plugin for in-post ads in WordPress posts and website.
It has the ability to split test ads, reposition ads, count views and customize it for each post. You will see higher earnings with your optimized ads.
- You can test positions for your ads just to make sure that which gets the most clicks and generates the most profit.
- You can keep track of impressions to view just how much your ads are getting seen.
- Wanna generate lots of clicks? Then position your ad after the post title on the left, right or right in the center.
- You can embed your ad right into the content and choose precisely how far down to position it.
- You can get detailed statistics and data on your ad performance through Google Analytics.
10 More Tools to Increase Your Affiliate Sales
I want to make this post even more detailed to help you increase your affiliate sales, so here are 10 more of my favorite and useful affiliate marketing tools and plugins for you!
11. Sumo tools
Hands down, Sumo is one of my favorite marketing tools. Sumo gives you access to a ton of tools to boost your website conversion rates.
Sumo is widely used worldwide (currently there are nearly 1 million sites are using Sumo tools). This is enough to give you a better understanding about how great their tools are.
The best part is, it’s free. Although they have premium pricing plans for others too. But when you’re just starting out, their free plan is enough for you to start getting better results (aka more affiliate sales) from your sites.
Sumo primarily gives access to the following tools (which are completely free).
- List builder (popups, scroll boxes etc)
- Welcome mat (to boost your email subscribers)
- Share (to create super awesome share buttons to increase your social shares)
- Smart bar (to give you heat maps and to see how many people clicked on your pages)
So how to get access to their tools?
Simple. Click here and enter your details to start using their tools for free.
12. WordPress SEO by Yoast
What’s the most important thing for an affiliate marketer?
If you said, search engine traffic, you’re 100% right.
Search engine traffic to your sites is the surest way to increase your affiliate sales. If you’re struggling to make more money from affiliate marketing, it might be mainly because you are lacking search engine traffic.
So how to get more search traffic? Properly optimize your content.
You can do so easily by using an amazing plugin called WordPress SEO by Yoast. They have both free version and premium version to help you optimize your content to bring more traffic from search engines.
Here are some of the benefits of using this plugin.
- Do keyword optimization easily
- Get better suggestions for on page SEO to boost your search traffic
- Avoid confusing Google with duplicate content, by setting canonical URLs.
- Yoast plugin takes care of your technical issues. It doesn’t matter whether you know about robots.txt, .htaccess files, clean permalink URLs or sitemaps – Yoast SEO makes sure your technical related stuff is adhere to search engines.
So how do you get access to this plugin?
If you’re a WordPress user, you can grab it free from here. You can also read this detailed post on comparison of free version vs premium Yoast plugin.
This is the most powerful lead generation tool to increase your affiliate sales. If you’re doing affiliate marketing for a while, you already know the importance of building and growing an email list.
Here’s where a tool like OptinMonster comes into handy.
Here are some of the benefits of using this tool to increase your email list as well as affiliate sales.
- High converting template library which consists of 100% responsive mobile-friendly templates that you can use on your sites.
- 8 different types of optin forms. Powerful page level targeting to build a hyper-segmented email list.
- Also offers Exit Intent technology to convert abandoning website visitors into subscribers and customers.
- This tool has powerful A/B testing that helps you eliminate guess work and make data driven decisions on what works best to increase your affiliate sales.
- You’ll also get access to Monster Links 2-step optin technology where your readers see an opt in form upon clicking on text, button or image.
So how do you get access to this tool?
First things first. There’s a free WordPress plugin available which you can download from here. But the best features of this tool are on its premium version. Yes, you have to pay. Yes, you need to invest on some premium tools and this is one tool that’s worth every penny.
It costs you $9 per month and goes all the way up to $29 per month where you can get all of their features.
I just love this plugin. Why? It helps me create tables with ease.
As an affiliate marketer, you write a ton of product reviews (especially product comparisons). This is where you need to create tables to easily show the important features of various products that you promote your site.
Fortunately, by using this free WordPress plugin, you can create any number of tables on your site with ease. Just pull a short code (by creating a table for each post you want to use) and you’re done.
This plugin allows you to easily create and manage beautiful tables. You can easily embed the tables into posts, pages, or text widgets with a simple Short code.
So how to get access to this plugin?
Click here to download this plugin for free. After installing this plugin, you can create and manage tables on the “TablePress” screen in the WordPress Dashboard.
To start displaying one of your tables in a post or on a page, you just need to embed the Shortcode which will be displayed as [table “ltthe-IDgt” not found /]
into the post, where <the-ID> is the ID of your table (this can be found on the left side of the “All Tables” screen).
15. WPX hosting
Your website speed (or loading time of your site) decides your search ranking factors and user experience. If your site is taking too much time to load, no one will stay longer on your site and your affiliate earnings would definitely suffer to a great extent.
That’s the reason why you need to speed up your site.
When it comes to increase your website speed, your web hosting plays #1 role. That’s why you need to invest money in getting a reliable and more importantly faster servers.
This is where WPX hosting comes into play (this is the same hosting I’ve been using on Bloggers Passion for over an year now and I’m fully satisfied with the speed).
Thanks to WPX hosting, now my site loads under 3 seconds.
That being said, WPX hosting excellent features at an affordable price tag, here are some of its features that makes this hosting a great choice for affiliate marketers.
- It offers dedicated hosting (means your site loads really quickly)
- Offers daily backups (yes, you heard it right)
- 99.95% uptime guarantee
- Free site migration
- Super fast and friendly customer support and many more.
Here’s a detailed review of WPX hosting just in case if you want to know more about it.
16. Author hReview
This plugin provides you a collection of reviews and star rating plugins for WordPress. You can easily add rich snippets markups for reviews and ratings (that show up in search engine results page).
They look something like this;
The stars you see in the meta description (or above it) is what you get by using Author hReview plugin. This is so much helpful especially for affiliate marketers since they write a ton of product reviews.
So if you’re getting review star ratings for your affiliate products in Google search results, they tend to get you more clicks (hence better search engine rankings and sales). So this is a must have tool to increase your affiliate marketing sales.
This plugin makes use of post meta fields, which allows you to easily insert your review and rating information in your blog posts and pages really quickly and makes it very simple to edit in the future (whenever you want to update your blog posts).
How can you get access to this tool?
You can grab a free version of plugin from here. They also have a paid version of plugin (which I’m currently using) that has even more amazing features. So if you’re really serious about getting star ratings and more flexibility of this plugin, it’s worth the investment of around 60 bucks.
This plugin will automatically add affiliate links into your content. You can also manually set affiliate links and keywords where they should be added into your content (either in your blog posts, pages and other contents etc).
You will also have the option to set a link to have rel=”nofollow” attribute to make your affiliate into nofollow. That way you can keep your link juice as it is without passing it to affiliate product sites.
All in all, this plugin is NOT only useful for adding affiliate links automatically but also for internal linking purpose which is good for SEO purpose. Just make sure not to add too many affiliate links (when you’re manually updating) within your content.
Here’s where you can get this plugin for free.
18. Floating Banner Advert Rotator Box
The great thing about using this ad rotator box is that, it shows banners randomly to avoid distraction to your audience. It means each time when someone visits your site, a banner ad will be chosen at random and it will be displayed. Your banner ads (or affiliate ads) will only be shown once per session to avoid being distracting.
How to get access to this plugin?
Click here to download the plugin for free and start showing banner ads. Make sure NOT to display more than 5 banner ads as it can tend to give you bad results (both in user experience and site speed).
19. Crazy Egg
So what makes your website visitors leave? If you don’t know the answer, you can never know how to fully utilise your existing traffic to increase your affiliate sales.
Here’s where Crazy Egg comes into play that provides heat maps.
Crazy Egg is like a pair of x-ray glasses that lets you see exactly what people are doing on your website.
They show you how your website visitors are behaving on your site (where they are clicking most and how they are aborting your site etc).
You can install these heat maps on your most important product pages to know more about your audience behaviour so you can perform A/B testing (by changing headlines, images etc) to boost your website sales.
Here’s what it can do for you:
- You can easily know from where your audience are coming from to begin with, and who clicks on what the most
- It helps you in showing you where people are clicking and where they aren’t
- And it also helps you analyse how many people scroll down your pages (and where most people stop).
So what are you waiting for? Go give it a try to their 30 days free trial and you’ll be amazed with the results.
20. Meks Easy ads widget
As an affiliate marketer, I know the importance of using banner ads. I show them every time when I want to increase sales of particular products.
If you want to use banner ads with ease, this plugin is for you (which is also free). Here are few features of this plugin.
- Create unlimited number of ads inside one widget
- Choose from predefined sizes or define your custom sizes to get more clicks
- Randomize ads order so you can show more flexibility with your affiliate ads
- You can also limit number of ads per view Slide/rotate ads
Here’s where you can download the plugin for free.
Final thoughts about top affiliate marketing tools and plugins (2018 Edition)
Out of all the above mentioned affiliate marketing tools and plugins, I personally love GetResponse, SEMrush and Thirsty Affiliates. Although they are paid affiliate marketing tools but they are worth every single penny.
After all, you need to first invest money in affiliate marketing before making any money from it, right? So spending a few bucks on the best affiliate marketing tools is a smart choice.
So what are your thoughts? Did I miss any of your favorite affiliate marketing tools and plugins? If you like these tools, do share it with others so others can benefit. Do share your thoughts in the comments below.