AWeber vs MailChimp
If you’re confused about picking the right email marketing software between AWeber and MailChimp, make sure to read this comparison where you’ll find free trials for both the tools along with features, pros, cons and so on
Are you looking for a perfect email marketing companion among AWeber and MailChimp? Not sure which one works best for you? Well, you’re in the right place.
No matter how many visitors you are getting from search engines, if they don’t convert you are not really making huge profits from your website traffic.
Converting website traffic into sales is the REAL secret behind most successful bloggers and marketers. The bloggers who make a living from blogging like Pat Flynn, Darren Rowse, Neil Patel etc are experts in turning their website visitors into sales.
Have you ever wondered how these bloggers are able to convert normal traffic into sales?
They use one powerful marketing tactic called “email marketing”. They build email lists and they convert normal people into subscribers, then they create a rapport with them to turn them into sales.
With email marketing, you can do a lot of things;
- you can build strong relationships
- you can create awareness about your products and services
- you can increase your sales and traffic
- you can promote your events
This is the reason why you need to start building email list right away. But here comes the most important question: which email marketing software should you go for?
Both of these are two widely popular email marketing solutions used literally by millions of people worldwide. Both of them offer excellent features, email deliverability rates, customer support and so on which is why it’s so hard to pick one among them.
Let’s use this unbiased AWeber vs MailChimp review to talk about all their features, benefits, pros, cons along with pricing so you can decide which one to go for. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- AWeber vs MailChimp: Which One Should You Go For [With Free Trials]
- Conclusion: Comparison of Aweber and MailChimp in 2019
AWeber vs MailChimp: Which One Should You Go For [With Free Trials]
AWeber or MailChimp: Features Comparison
Let’s first talk about the features comparison of both so you can understand which one is the right email marketing software for you (in terms of features).
Let’s first start with AWeber features.
Features of AWeber:
- Email automation
- Sign up forms
- Subscriber segmenting
- Email newsletters
- Email split testing
- HTML email templates
- Landing pages
- Email analytics
- Manage subscribers
- Drag and drop editor
- Email marketing API
- Aweber mobile apps
- Email deliverability
- Blog newsletters
- Education hub
- Custom template design
- Free live webinars
Features of MailChimp:
Here’s the list of features you get with MailChimp:
- Marketing CRM
- Audience dashboard
- Tags & segments
- Lookalike audiences
- Address finder
- Subscriber profiles
- Automation and personalization
- Best time feature
- Advanced analytics
- Provides you A/B testing
- Mobile optimized newsletters
Top 3 Reasons to Go for AWeber
Are you curious to know why should you go for AWeber over MailChimp or any other email marketing software in 2019 and beyond? Here are few top reasons to use AWeber email marketing software.
1. Simple drag and drop builder
The best part about using AWeber is that it offers you an easy to use and simple drag and drop builder which allows you to easily create automated email or followup sequences. It also offers you another effective feature where you can easily add (or remove) tags.
In case if you want to know how its interface looks like, check it out.
As you can see above, you can find almost everything you need to setup an automated email sequence to send to your email subscribers.
- Using AWeber, you can easily create welcome messages, apply tags and create broadcasts with ease
- It also helps you setup an email sequence so that you can either send emails every day after applying tags to wait 1 day (or any number of days you want) before performing the next action by your email subscribers.
Tags are especially useful while managing your email list and these tags on AWeber can be automatically added to subscribers who either open an email or click specific links in an email.
If you’re wondering about how these tags look like in AWeber, have a look at it.
As you can see above, you can easily assign multiple tags to subscribers either manually or based on activity such as whenever someone clicks or purchases something through your email.
That way, these tags help you easily target specific emails to a specific set of subscribers through broadcasts or regular newsletters.
Not only that, you can also create advanced segments of email subscribers based on tags, sales, behaviour, clicks and so on. All in all, AWeber offers you easy to use intuitive email marketing interface to manage all your contacts to send newsletters and broadcasts.
2. A ton of stunning email templates (plus stock images)
AWeber offers you a wide range of gorgeous looking email templates that you can customize however you want. They are not only easy to use and customize but most of these email templates are mobile friendly which means your email subscribers can easily browse and read your emails or newsletters even on smartphones without any hassles.
The good news is that almost all of their templates are HTML based email templates so you can easily add HTML tags to customize them however you like.
In fact, AWeber offers you over 700 mobile responsive email templates that you can easily customize according to your website or brand.
You can choose from multiple color schemes, layouts, designs and you can easily add your logo or any free stock images. The best part is that AWeber offers you hundreds of free stock images that you can use within your emails.
All you need to do is just add content to your email newsletter templates and you’ll be ready to publish them to the world.
3. Excellent customer support
One thing where AWeber excels over other email marketing solutions especially like MailChimp is their customer support. You get access to a wide range of options to get in touch with their customer support.
- Phone support (yes, they provide you phone support even with the starter plan from AWeber)
- 24/7 chat
- Email support
Their customer support gives you assistance 24/7 all around the year, which is great especially for non tech-savvy people who need assistance with email marketing such as sending broadcasts, designing email templates, deliverability issues and so on.
So what are you still waiting for? If you’re interested in AWeber, using the following link to get started with it.
Top 3 Reasons to Choose MailChimp
If you’re thinking twice about whether or not to use MailChimp for email marketing in 2019 and beyond, here are a few top reasons to consider MailChimp.
1. A/B testing
If you want to get the best results from email marketing, you should learn to test your emails and it’s only possible with split testing aka A/B testing. Fortunately, A/B testing is extremely easy and gets you powerful results with MailChimp.
Here’s how it works in MailChimp.
You’ll choose a single variable type to perform A/B testing on your emails or newsletters including Subject line, From name, Content or Send time and you can easily create up to 3 variations.
Once you’re done with it, MailChimp instantly creates various combinations and send them to different sets of email subscribers, so no subscriber receives more than 1 combination of your campaign.
2. Email marketing automation
Managing your email lists should be simpler and not time-consuming. Here’s where email marketing automation comes into handy where you can send automatic emails on few occasions including whenever someone joins your email list, buys something from you, abandon your shopping cart and so on.
MailChimp offers you excellent email marketing automation to manage your email lists smartly so you can save time and also increase the overall engagement rates and conversions on your email lists.
Quick note: Automation is NOT available in both free plan and their start plan and it’s available on plans starting from Standard which costs you $14.99 per month.
If you’re curious about how the email marketing automation on MailChimp looks like, have a look;
As you can see above, you can do a ton of things including;
- Email when you add a tag to a new contact
- Welcome new subscribers
- Say ‘happy birthday’ (especially useful for eCommerce portals) automation so you can giveaway exclusive offers on your contact birthdays
- Share blog updates (whenever you publish something new)
- Recover abandoned carts (by sending them a friendly reminder who leave your store without checking out)
- Enable order notifications (so you can promote recommended products)
- And the list goes on
So you can literally do automation like a pro even if you are just getting started with email automation from MailChimp.
3. Extremely affordable pricing
The biggest reason one can give a try to MailChimp over AWeber or any other email marketing solution is its pricing.
You can use it FREE forever (as long as your email list size is up to 2000 email subscribers) using their free plan. The Free plan from MailChimp includes up to 2000 contacts and 10,000 sends per month with a daily send limit of 2000 emails.
Here are the features the Free plan offers.
- 1 audience
- A few basic email templates
- Single email automations
- Basic reporting
The free plan is perfect for starters or those who want to learn and give a try to email marketing. Although you can’t send promotional emails with their free plan, otherwise, they will simply suspend your account.
Their premium pricing plans are also affordable which start at just $9.99 per month where you’ll get 24/7 access to email and chat support.
The best part about using MailChimp is that it also offers you flexible pricing plans such as Pay As You Go credit blocks which start at $150 for 5000 credits and these credits cannot be used with any other Mailchimp pricing plan.
So what are you still waiting for? If you liked the features of MailChimp, using the following link to get started with it.
Pricing Comparison [With Their Free Trials]
One of the main concerns for most people while picking email marketing software is pricing. While people can pay extra money to get incredible features while others mostly prefer affordable email marketing solutions.
Let’s talk about the pricing of AWeber.
AWeber offers you the following pricing options.
- $19 per month (where you can send unlimited emails, automation, segmenting, sign up forms etc and it is suitable for an email list up to 500 subscribers)
- $29 per month (where you can send unlimited emails, automation, segmenting, sign up forms etc and it is suitable for an email list up to 2500 subscribers)
- $49 per month (where you can send unlimited emails, automation, segmenting, sign up forms etc and it is suitable for an email list up to 5000 subscribers)
- $69 per month (where you can send unlimited emails, automation, segmenting, sign up forms etc and it is suitable for an email list up to 10,000 subscribers)
- $149 per month (where you can send unlimited emails, automation, segmenting, sign up forms etc and it is suitable for an email list up to 25,000 subscribers)
Here’s the pricing chart.
Quick note: If you have an email list of over 25k subscribers, you can contact their support team for custom pricing quotes.
If you’re interested in AWeber, use the following link to get started with it.
Does AWeber offer any free trial?
Yes, AWeber offers you a 30 day free trial where you’ll get all the features including;
- Access to their email experts 7 days a week
- Easy-to-use tools to help you create emails, sign up forms etc
- Industry-leading deliverability
- Simple email automation to get the right message to the right person at the right time
- Connect to social media, landing pages, shopping carts etc
AWeber accepts payment with Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover credit cards along with checks and money orders.
Now, let’s talk about the various pricing plans offered by MailChimp.
MailChimp offers you the following pricing options.
- Free (absolutely free up to 2000 subscribers but you can’t send promotional emails including affiliate links or offers)
- Essentials (costs you $9.99 per month where you’ll get all the features like email templates, A/B testing, custom branding etc and you can send up to 500,000 emails a month and this plan is suitable for up to 500 email subscribers and the monthly send limit is 10 times your audience size tier)
- Standard (costs you $14.99 per month where you’ll get all the features from Essentials plan, plus automation series, retargeting ads, custom templates etc and you can send up to 1,200,000 emails a month which is suitable for up to 2000 email subscribers and the monthly send limit is 12 times your audience size tier)
- Premium (costs you $290 per month where you’ll get all the features from Standard plan, plus advanced segmentation, multivariate testing etc and you can send up to 3,000,000 emails a month and suitable for up to 10,000 email subscribers and the monthly send limit is 15 times your audience size tier)
Here’s the pricing chart.
Quick note: If you have more than 200,000 contacts, MailChimp offers you a high-volume plan that can meet your needs and you need to contact their support team for custom pricing quotes.
Does MailChimp offer any free trial?
No, MailChimp doesn’t offer you any free trials but you can use their free plan which includes up to 2,000 contacts and 10,000 sends per month, with a daily send limit of 2,000.
If you’re interested in MailChimp, use the following link to get started with it.
MailChimp accepts all major credit cards, PayPal, and (in select countries) direct debit.
Pros And Cons
Let’s now talk about the pros and cons of both these email marketing solutions for 2019.
Pros of AWeber:
- Easy to use templates and you can customize your emails however you want
- Gives you access to A/B testing to improve the performance of your email
- Excellent customer support (which also includes phone support)
- Top notch email deliverability rate
- List segmentation options
- Integration with lots of third-party apps
Cons of AWeber:
- Bit expensive even with the basic plan (and no free plans as such, when compared to MailChimp)
- Few of the email templates are heavily and can take time to load (from your subscribers end)
Pros of MailChimp:
- You can schedule emails to deliver at a particular time zone (and this feature works great if your email subscribers are spread throughout the world)
- You can import your own email templates and it also lets you customize existing templates
- It’s free up to 2000 contacts (so most useful for beginners who are just getting started with email marketing)
- It offers a wide range of integration options including apps, shopping carts and so on
Cons of MailChimp:
- You can’t send promotional or sales emails to your subscribers (if you’re using their free version)
- Gets expensive as your email list grows
Here are few more factors to keep in mind while comparing AWeber and MailChimp.
Email deliverability rate:
AWeber currently has 99% delivery rate that means almost all of your newsletters will go directly into your subscribers email inboxes not into their spam folders.
As of now, MailChimp has 98% delivery rate (which means 1% less than AWeber) and you can send upto 12,000 emails every month for free using MailChimp which is one of the greatest advantages of using it.
One of the reasons why AWeber has the most customer base is they have amazing customer support team who will solve your email marketing related issues in minutes. They also have weekly webinars, chat features and lots of tutorials to solve your problems.
MailChimp also has great customer support but when you’re using their free service, you probably won’t get instant response from their customer team. As you know, premium services always offer faster customer support whereas free services provide less customer satisfaction. As MailChimp only has email support whereas AWeber has email, phone and live chat customer support options.
AWeber has the most user friendly interface and you can easily create stunning newsletter using AWeber built-in sign up forms. Nevertheless to say, AWeber control panel is so much easier to understand even for the beginners who doesn’t have much technical knowledge. AWeber currently has over 700+ stunning email templates and 6,000+ free stock images to create spectacular newsletters for your subscribers.
MailChimp is very easy to use and customize. It has lots of easier customization options that let you create mobile friendly newsletters and templates. It also has Drag and Drop editor to easily create stunning newsletters.
One thing we like most about MailChimp is it has a free pricing option whereas AWeber doesn’t offer any free plans. AWeber starter plan starts at $19 each month whereas you need to pay $9.95 for MailChimp starter plan for 500 subscribers and send unlimited emails.
AWeber Vs MailChimp: who wins?
When it comes to head to head fight, we think both AWeber and MailChimp has their own pros and cons.
AWeber has loyal customer base, highest delivery rate and spectacular signup forms whereas MailChimp is free to use, easy to customize and has more controlling power while creating newsletters and templates. So it depends upon your personal choices on which one to go. If you like to invest money on better customer rating, AWeber is for you and if you are just starting out, MailChimp is the way to go.
FAQs About AWeber and MailChimp
Here are few interesting questions around both email marketing providers that you might want to know in 2019 and beyond.
1. What is the cheapest plan from AWeber?
AWeber pricing plans start at $19 per month where you can build an email list of up to 500 email subscribers and you can send unlimited newsletters without any limits. It also offers you a 30 day free trial which you can grab from the below link.
2. What is the cheapest plan from MailChimp?
The cheapest plan from MailChimp is called as “Essentials plan” which costs you $9.99 per month where you can send up to 500,000 emails a month and this plan is suitable for up to 500 email subscribers with the monthly email send limit of 10 times your audience size tier.
It also offers you a free plan where you can build an email list of up to 2k subscribers and you can get started with MailChimp for free using the following link.
3. How easy is it to use AWeber for email marketing?
On a scale of 1 to 10, we would rate it 9 (when it comes to how easy it is to use AWeber for email marketing).
It offers you drag and drop editor which allows you to customize your emails however you want and you can also choose from over 700 mobile responsive email templates. Besides that, it also offers HTML templates that you can use to create and send professional email newsletters without any technical skills.
4. How easy is it to use MailChimp for email marketing?
On a scale of 1 to 10, we would rate it 10 (when it comes to how easy it is to use MailChimp for email marketing). Just like AWeber, MailChimp also offers you a wide range of pre-built templates, ready-made segments and 1-click automation to easily manage your email lists and broadcasts.
5. Which one is cheaper email marketing software?
MailChimp offers cheaper pricing plans as their starter plan starts at just $9.99 per month whereas the basic plan from AWeber starts at $19 per month.
Conclusion: Comparison of Aweber and MailChimp in 2019
Both are are great for beginners who want to jumpstart their email marketing campaigns. It all comes down to pricing and if you’re looking for free options to get started with email marketing, MailChimp wins the race anytime.
But if you want better performance and excellent customer support, AWeber is just for you. So what are you going to choose?
Did you like this comparison post between these email marketing software providers? If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments.