Are you a writer? Do you create a lot of content every day? Are you in a hunt for the best laptops for writers?
What’s the one thing you can’t live without as a content creator? Laptop, right? So if you’re looking for the best laptop for writers that work like a charm, you’re in the right place.
We’ve spent a lot of time to compile this list of best laptops for writers by keeping the following things in mind:
- Battery life (the more the better)
- Better screen resolution (better reading experience is so important for writers)
- Comfortable keyboard (so you can type faster)
- Compact laptop design (so you can hold your laptop even on your lap and type)
So there you go! That above reasons are enough for any writer who are looking for the best laptop to work on. Let’s find out the top 10 best laptops for writers in 2019.
Best laptops for writers and bloggers in 2019
Table of Contents
- Best laptops for writers and bloggers in 2019
- 5 Essential Gadgets for Bloggers And Writers 2019
1. Apple Macbook Air
Hands down, the MacBook Air is one of the most stylish and ruggedly built laptops out there which is suitable for all kinds of writers. It is still the #1 preference for most people (let alone writers) which has managed to stay on top of the best ultrabooks list.
Apple Macbook Air Laptop specifications:
If you’re wondering about what are the specifications of Apple Macbook Air 13 inch, here’s the specs details.
- Screen: 13.3 inch, LED-backlit glossy widescreen display (1440 x 900)
- CPU: 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000
- RAM: 8 GB 1600MHz DDR3
- Camera: 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Storage: 256GB PCIe-based flash storage which is configurable to 512GB flash storage
- Ports: Two USB 3.0 ports (up to 5Gbps); Thunderbolt 2 port (up to 20 Gbps); MagSafe 2 power port; SDXC card slot
- Connectivity: 802.11 ac Wi-Fi networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible; Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Weight: 1.35 kg (2.96 pounds)
- Size: 32.5 x 22.7 x 1.7 cm (W x D x H)
What makes Apple Macbook Air the best writing laptop?
The #1 reason most people choose Macbooks over any other laptop is their battery life.
Macbook Air gives you an incredible 12 hours battery life which means that from your morning coffee to your evening commute you can work unplugged and write any time you want.
Another thing that makes Macbook Air a great laptop for writers is that it offers you SSD storage and the SSD storage in a MacBook Air is 15 times faster than a 5400 RPM notebook hard drive which makes it so much quick quicker and responsive to operate.
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Apple Macbook Air laptop from Apple.
Apple Macbook Air Pros:
- Incredible battery life (if you’re using it only for reading and writing purpose, you can easily get up to 10 hours of battery life)
- Apple devices are known for their software updates
- Very comfortable to use (Apple’s keyboard is so much easy to use and helps you write really faster)
- Lightweight laptop (so you can easily carry and write from anywhere)
- Looks so stylish (even after all these years!)
- Aluminium built, so it’s durable for years (there are people who use their Macbooks for 5+ years without a single glitch)
- It’s super fast (uses SSD storage) and gives you ultimate performance
Apple Macbook Air Cons:
- Besides writing, if you’re also a gamer who loves to play hardcore games, you’ll be upset with Macbooks
- Not too much memory storage space (so you’ll have to rely upon cloud storage or external hard disks when you run out of storage space)
How much does it cost?
2. Asus ZenBook
There’s a reason for putting this #2 in the list of best laptops for writers. We all know Apple products are sleek in design, elegant and most powerful but they are expensive as well. Here’s where Asus ZenBook comes into play which is not only powerful but also gives you a ton of features for its price.
Asus ZenBook Laptop specifications:
Here are the specs of Asus ZenBook laptop:
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 7500U Processor
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home – ASUS recommends Windows 10 Pro
- Memory: 16 GB LPDDR3 2133MHz SDRAM Onboard Memory
- Display: 31.75cm(12.5) (16:9) LED backlit FHD (1920×1080) 60Hz Glare Panel with 72% NTSC with 178˚ wide-viewing angle display
- Security: Fingerprint Reader
- Graphic Integrated Intel HD Graphics
- Storage Solid State Drives: 512GB PCIE Gen3X4 SSD
- Keyboard: Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard
- WebCam: VGA Web Camera
- Networking: Wi-Fi (Integrated 802.11 AC) and Bluetooth (Built-in Bluetooth V4.1)
- Interface: 1 x COMBO audio jack
- Battery: 6 Cells 40 Whrs Polymer Battery
- Weight: 910 g with Battery
- Dimensions: 296 x 191.2 x 11.9 mm (WxDxH) (with 6 cell battery)
What makes Asus ZenBook the best writing laptop?
Most people consider this laptop as a perfect alternative to Macbook Air which comes with a Windows operating system at affordable price when compared to Macbooks.
The specs of this laptop also makes sense and resembles a lot when compared to Macbooks as it is lightweight, powerful machine and easy to operate with a powerful i7 processor.
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Asus ZenBook laptop.
Asus ZenBook Pros:
- Perfect alternative to Macbooks (lightweight and powerful machine)
- Affordable laptop when compared to Macbooks
- SSD drives for faster speeds
- Fingerprint reader for more security
- Extremely lightweight which weighs under 1 kg
- Good battery life
- Fantastic audio output and strong performance overall which makes it a decent buy for its price
Asus ZenBook Cons:
- Web camera functionality, features, clarity are below par
- No keyboard backlighting
How much does Asus ZenBook cost?
3. Dell Inspiron 2-in-1
If you’re in a hunt for 2 in 1 laptops which can quickly be converted into a functional touch screen, Dell Inspiron 2 in 1 should be your top pick as it is one of the widely preferred convertible and detachable laptops for most people including writers and bloggers.
Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 Laptop specifications:
- CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-8250U (quad-core, 6MB cache, up to 3.4GHz)
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: 12 GB DDR4
- Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) touch panel (WLED, IPS)
- Storage: 256GB SSD (PCIe, NVMe, M.2)
- Ports: 1 x USB 3.1 (USB-C), 2 x USB 3.1, 1 x SD, 1 x 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity: Intel 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2
- Camera: FHD IR webcam
- Weight: 6.61 pounds (1.45kg)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 14.9 x 9.9 x 0.7 inches
What makes Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 the best writing laptop?
Conventional laptops are a thing of the past. With the introduction of 2 in 1 laptops which can be used both as a laptop and a tablet which touch panel, you can carry it anywhere you want and start writing on the go.
If you want a combination of both tablet + laptop to manage various tasks like reading, web browsing and writing (emails, blog posts or anything), Dell Inspiron 2 in 1 can be a great choice for you. Although there are a ton of 2 in 1 laptops available, but this one has the best laptop configuration.
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 laptop.
Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 Pros:
- Ultimate performance, with 12GB DDR4 RAM your laptop can handle almost any task
- Versatile convertible that works with Dell’s optional pen (apart from being a writer, if you’re a student or artist who draws a lot, this laptop can be a great choice)
- This laptop has a display with IPS touch technology so you can actually use it as a tablet as well
- Priced really well
- Did we forget to mention it can be used as a tablet and convertible laptop? Extremely useful while working on the go at your office or while traveling
Cons of Dell Inspiron 2-in-1:
- Runs a bit hot when you’re using it for longer duration
- The in-built speakers distort heavily if you’re putting at higher volumes (we recommend you to grab headphones if you’re a writer who prefers writing while playing soothing background music)
- Relatively shorter battery life when compared to other laptop for writers on this list
How much does ‘Dell Inspiron 2-in-1’ cost?
4. Dell Latitude 7000
There’s a reason for Dell Latitude 7000 series to be more expensive when compared to any other model from Dell such as Inspiron, Studio series and so on and the reason is, the build quality and overall laptop performance has significantly improved.
Dell Latitude 7000 Laptop specifications:
Now, if you’re wondering about the specs of Dell Latitude 7000 series laptops, here they are;
- 12.5″ Gorilla Glass TouchScreen FHD (1920×1080)
- 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7600U 2.80 GHz (Turbo 3.90 GHz, 4MB Smart Cache, 2 cores 4 threads, 15W, vPro)
- 256GB SSD
- 16GB DDR4 Memory RAM (MAX 32GB)
- WiFi-AC + BlueTooth
- WebCam & Mic
- Backlit Keyboard
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit – Warranty till 2020
- Size 11.45 x 7.59 x 0.32-inches
- Weight 1.61 kg
What makes Dell Latitude 7000 the best writing laptop?
If you’re in a hunt for a sleek ultrabook that offers massive performance, Dell Latitude 7000 series laptops are for you. Although it is bit expensive laptop but it comes with powerful features such as SSD storage, 12 inch gorilla glass touch screen and i7 processor.
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Dell Latitude 7000 laptop.
Dell Latitude 7000 Pros:
- This is the thinnest laptop from Dell yet really sturdy, so it will last long for years
- Magnesium-alloy body laptop which makes it durable
- SSD storage for faster laptop speed
- Gorilla glass touch screen for better user experience which makes it easier to operate and smooth to handle
- Two USB Type-C ports with Thunderbolt 3
Dell Latitude 7000 Cons:
- Comparatively shorter battery life
- Audio is below par
How much does Dell Latitude 7000 cost?
5. Lenovo ThinkPad
ThinkPads from Lenovo are so much powerful including their base models. Lenovo ThinkPad latest model has got amazing full HD display panel along with powerful i7 processor and 16GB RAM. If you’re looking for a powerful machine from Lenovo, this is a great choice for you.
Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop specifications:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64
- Processor: Intel Dual Core i7-8550U Processor (1.8GHz – 4.0GHz, 8MB cache)
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz (32GB Max)
- Display: 15.6″ FHD (1920×1080), anti-glare IPS
- Graphics: Intel UHD 620
- Storage: 500GB Solid State Drive
- Wireless: Realtek® RTL8822BE, Wi-Fi 2×2 802.11ac + BT4.1, M.2 card
- Keyboard: 6-row, Spill-resistant, Multimedia Fn keys, Numeric keypad
- Mouse: TouchPad and TrackPoint
- Webcam: 720p HD Webcam and Microphone
- Ports: Two USB 3.1 (one Always On), one USB 2.0, HDMI 1.4b, Ethernet (RJ-45), One USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 2 (support data, video, and power delivery)
- Battery: 3 Cell Li-Ion Battery – 45Wh
- Bluetooth: 4.1 wireless
- Fingerprint reader: Yes
- Weight: 2 kg
What makes Lenovo ThinkPad the best laptop for writers and bloggers?
Lenovo ThinkPad has a best in class keyboard with a sturdy durable design which comes with a 15 inch full HD anti glare screen and gives you access to 500 GB of SSD storage to perform all kind of day to day tasks smoothly.
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using this laptop from Lenovo.
Lenovo ThinkPad Pros:
- You can easily update your laptop’s hardware to increase RAM, hard disk and more (so whenever you’re running huge tasks on your laptop, by upgrading your hardware is enough instead of buying a new one)
- Excellent performance
- HD webcam with 720p resolution (most laptops offer basic VGA webcams)
- Anti-glare IPS screen so your eyes don’t strain even after working for longer hours
- SSD drive storage for faster performance
- Keyboard is the best in the market
- Incredible battery backup
Lenovo ThinkPad Cons:
- Regional specific models (X240s, U.S. models with no GPU option and so on)
- Inconsistent display quality variations between identical models of same Lenovo Thinkpad laptops.
How much does Lenovo ThinkPad cost?
6. Dell XPS13
Dell XPS laptops are mostly considered as high end laptop modes from Dell brand (costs similar to that of Macbooks) which are exclusively designed for better resolution display, incredible build quality with powerful features such as 1 TB of SSD storage and 16GB of RAM to perform any kind of task.
Dell XPS13 Laptop specifications:
- CPU: 1.8GHz Intel Core i7-8550U (quad-core, 8MB cache, up to 4.0GHz)
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: 16GB DDR3 (2,133MHz)
- Screen: 13.3-inch, Ultra HD (3,840 x 2,160) UltraSharp InfinityEdge touch display
- Storage: 1TB PCIe SSD
- Ports: 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 1 x USB-C 3.1, micro SD card reader, headset jack
- Connectivity: Killer 1435 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1
- Camera: Widescreen HD (720p) webcam with 4 array digital microphones
- Weight: 2.67 pounds (1.21kg)
- Size: 11.9 x 7.8 x 0.3-0.46 inches (3.02 x 1.99 x 0.78-1.16cm; W x D x H)
What makes Dell XPS13 the best writers laptop?
You can consider this as an alternative to Macbooks which comes with a 13 inch ultra HD display but with more storage space of 1TB of SSD storage. You also get access to a high end webcam which is also a lightweight laptop suitable mostly for writers who spend countless hours in web browsing and writing.
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using this laptop from Dell.
Dell XPS13 Pros:
- Upgradeable storage
- Longer battery life (who doesn’t like it)
- Ultra HD experience
- Touch display screen
- Excellent storage of 1TB with 16GB RAM
- HD camera with digital microphones
Dell XPS13 Cons:
- Gets warm while using it for longer hours
- Webcam is in an awkward position so it would be clumsy to make Skype calls or video calls
- The quality and volume of the laptop speakers are below average
How much does Dell XPS13 cost?
7. ASUS VivoBook
Asus VivoBook has to be one of the best laptops for writers that give you excellent features like HD graphics, 1TB of hard drive along with 128GB of SSD storage which will result in very fast boot times and app loading performance.
ASUS VivoBook Laptop specifications:
- CPU: 2.9GHz Intel Core i7-7500U (dual-core, 4MB cache, up to 3.5GHz)
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620
- RAM: 8GB DDR4
- Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) with 178-degree wide-angle viewing
- Storage: 1TB hard drive; 128GB SSD (SATA 3)
- Ports: 1 x USB 3.1 USB-C, 1 x USB 3.1, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x audio combo jack, 1 x HDMI, 1 x SD card reader
- Connectivity: 2 x 2 dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 4.2
- Camera: VGA (640×480) webcam
- Weight: 3.3 pounds (1.5kg)
- Size: 14.23 x 9.59 x 0.7 inches (36.14 x 24.35 x 1.78cm; W x D x H)
What makes ASUS VivoBook the best laptop for writers?
If you’re looking for an incredible well built 15 inch laptop with A LOT of storage (it has in-built 1TB hard disk along with 128GB or SSD storage space), VivoBook from Asus should be your first choice.
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using this laptop from Asus.
ASUS VivoBook Pros:
- Comes with a backlit keyboard which is also easy to type
- Sturdy build quality which lasts longer
- Amazing laptop performance
- Ultimate hard disk storage with 1TB
- Wide angle viewing screen for better viewing experience (especially useful for watching movies, videos etc)
ASUS VivoBook Cons:
- Battery life is below par
- Cooling system is below par
How much does ASUS VivoBook cost?
8. Microsoft Surface Book 2
Most people especially those who are looking for convertible laptops are biased towards Microsoft products and Microsoft surface book 2 is definitely one of the best convertible laptops for writers and bloggers because it can also be used as a tablet and you can write on the go.
‘Microsoft Surface Book 2’ Laptop specifications:
- CPU: 1.9GHz Intel Core i7-8650U (quad-core, 8MB cache, up to 4.2GHz with Turbo Boost)
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620; Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5 VRAM)
- RAM: 16GB LPDDR3 (1866Mhz)
- Screen: 15-inch, 3,240 x 2,160 (260 ppi) PixelSense display (3:2 aspect ratio; 1600:1 contrast ratio)
- Storage: 1TB PCIe 3.0 SSD
- Ports: 2 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 2 x Surface Connect, SD card reader, 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity: 802.11ac 2 x 2 MIMO Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, Xbox Wireless
- Camera: Windows 8MP rear-facing autofocus camera (1080p), 5MP front-facing Hello face-authentication camera (1080p HD)
- Weight: 4.2 pounds (1.9kg) with keyboard base
- Size: 13.5 x 9.87 x 0.568 ~ 0.90 inches (343 x 251 x 15 ~ 23mm; W x D x H)
What makes ‘Microsoft Surface Book 2’ the best laptop for writers in 2019?
If you’re looking for a high end convertible laptop cum tablet with exceptional specs like 1 TB of SSD space along with ultra HD graphics and 1080p web camera, you should definitely consider buying this laptop.
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using this laptop from Microsoft.
Microsoft Surface Book 2 Pros:
- This one has really better CPU and UHD graphics so even if you play high end games, you’ll be satisfied with what you experience
- Can also be used as a tablet
- It’s extremely light when used as a tablet
- Highly responsive touch screen to operate it like a table or laptop
- Comes inbuilt with Xbox wireless support, so gamers will love it
- Amazing battery life
- Far more superior when compared to first version of Microsoft surface book in terms of graphics, performance, battery life etc
Microsoft Surface Book 2 Cons:
- Very expensive laptop
- USB-C without Thunderbolt
- Big screen wobbles a bit
How much does Microsoft Surface Book 2 cost?
9. Apple 15 Inch MacBook Pro
If you need a high performance laptop from Apple that offers extra storage, incredible processor and powerful RAM, you can go for Macbook Pro. People prefer Macbook Pro over Air because of the storage and performance it offers.
Apple 15 Inch MacBook Pro Laptop specifications:
- Retina display
- 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2880-by-1800 native resolution at 220 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors; 500 nits brightness; Wide color (P3)
- Processor: 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz, with 6MB shared L3 cache configurable to 3.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz, with 8MB shared L3 cache
- 256GB PCIe-based onboard SSD which an be configurable to 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB SSD
- 2.8GHz Radeon Pro 555 with 2GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching Intel HD Graphics 630
- 16GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Height: 0.61 inch (1.55 cm) Width: 13.75 inches (34.93 cm) Depth: 9.48 inches (24.07 cm)
- Weight: 4.02 pounds (1.83 kg)
What makes Apple 15 Inch MacBook Pro the best laptop for blogging in 2019?
If you’re an apple fanboy and looking for the easy to operate keyboard with extremely good build quality and battery life with additional storage space, you should pick Macbook pro over Macbook Air.
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using this laptop.
Apple 15 Inch MacBook Pro Pros:
- Apple Macbook pro is known for its reliability and durability
- Ultra premium build quality that lasts for years
- Incredible battery life which lasts for up to 8 hours
- Thinner and lighter and easy to carry
- Keyboard is one thing that is easy to type and comfortable to use
- Spacious trackpad
Apple 15 Inch MacBook Pro Cons:
- Bit expensive when compared to other products in the range
- MagSafe is missing in the latest version
How much does Apple 15 Inch MacBook Pro cost?
10. Acer Aspire E 15
Acer is in the laptop industry for more than a decade and it is a brand well known for providing feature rich laptops at affordable prices. Acer Aspire E 15 is a powerful laptop that has amazing graphics with high end configuration including 8GB RAM and SSD storage.
Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop specifications:
- CPU: 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-8250U (6MB cache, up to 3.4GHz)
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce MX150 (2GB GDDR5 VRAM); Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: 8GB DDR4
- Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) LED-backlit display
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Ports: USB Type-C, 2 x USB 3.0, USB 2.0, VGA, HDMI, Ethernet RJ-45, headphone/mic combo jack, SD card reader, Kensington Lock
- Optical Drive: 8X DVD-Writer DL Drive
- Connectivity: Dual Band 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 4.1
- Camera: 1,280 x 720 webcam
- Weight: 5.27 pounds (2.39kg)
- Size: 15.02 x 10.20 x 1.19 inches (38.15 x 25.9 x 3.02cm; W x D x H)
What makes Acer Aspire E 15 the best laptop for writers in 2019?
If you’re aware of it already, Acer makes affordable yet most powerful laptops not only for writers but anyone who wants to perform huge tasks for longer periods of time. With Acer Aspire E 15 version, you get a 15 inch laptop with full HD display and 256GB of SSD storage to run your machine effortlessly.
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using this laptop from Acer.
Acer Aspire E 15 Pros:
- Full HD resolution screen
- High performance laptop with ultimate graphics
- SSD hard disk for super fast performance
- HD webcam
- AC WiFi and USB-C port
- Perfectly priced with superior specs
Acer Aspire E 15 Cons:
- Heating issues for longer use
- Keyboard takes time to get used to
How much does Acer Aspire E 15 cost?
5 Essential Gadgets for Bloggers And Writers 2019
Here are some of the essential gadgets for bloggers and writers who want to get most out of their day to day writing life. These gadgets for bloggers help you boost your productivity to get more things done.
1. External hard disk
There are a few best laptops for writers that come with less storage options. The best example is Macbook Air, although it’s a high performance machine which is a great option for writers and bloggers but it comes with limited storage.
That’s why you need an external hard disk to save your files, data, photos and more so you don’t have to worry about storing your data or removing essential files to add more data.
Suggested Reading: Blogger vs WordPress: Why Self Hosted WordPress Blog is Better Than Blogger
Although there are a wide range of external hard disk options available from Lenovo to Sony to Toshiba but there are two companies are always preferred by majority of the people which are;
- Seagate and
The great thing about using these external hard disks is that you can use them for both Mac or Windows operating systems so they are convenient to use and file management. Both of these external hard disks cost you around $50 to $100 and give you around 2 to 4 TB of storage space which is more than enough for most writers and bloggers.
2. Wireless Wi-Fi router
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a writer, blogger or a gamer, if you’re working online on your laptop, you need a wireless wifi router for connecting multiple devices such as laptops, tablets, smartphones, smart TV and so on.
Here are few of the widely used wifi routers used worldwide for better connectivity.
- TP Link
- Google Wifi
These wifi routers typically costs you $80 to $100 but they are worth every single penny because you don’t have to connect your laptop with your LAN network to get access to internet. You can also use your internet connection with a wifi router to connect all your devices at once.
3. Wireless headphones
There are a few people who prefer “voice typing” which allows you to type content with your voice. This is where having wireless headphones can come in handy.
Alternatively, whenever you get bored typing with your hands, you can use voice typing to finish your writing projects, blog posts or anything. You can also get relaxed listening to soothing music when you’ve access to a nice pair of wireless headphones.
So it is definitely one of the most essential gadgets for bloggers and writers in 2019.
That being said, here’s a list of few amazing wireless headphones most people prefer.
- Beats and so on
These wireless headphones usually cost you $20 to $30 and can go all the way up to $200 or even more depending on the brand you pick.
4. Smart phone
If you want to manage your blogging tasks such as scheduling your social media posts, replying to your blog comments or writing something using Google Docs, a fast processing smartphone can come really in handy.
Most people iPhones for one reason: they are fast, responsive and last really long. There are also android phones such as one plus that are competing along with iPhones and giving apple devices a tough competition these days. So you can consider them as essential gadgets for bloggers as well.
5. Apple iPad
We personally think a tablet is really essential gadget for bloggers and all kinds of writers. It’s a great replacement for laptops when you’re traveling. You can write and work on the go by having access to an incredible tablet such as an Apple iPad.
Although there are other companies like Samsung, Lenovo etc are competing with Apple iPads but still iPads are way better in terms of performance, speed and screen resolution.
The recent version of iPad costs you around $300 and gives you amazing specs like;
- 32GB SSD Storage; 1.2MP FaceTime HD camera, 8MP iSight camera, 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MIMO, Two speaker audio
- 9.7-inch Retina Touchscreen display with 2048 x 1536 resolution;, wide color and true tone
- A9 third-generation chip with 64-bit architecture, M9 motion coprocessor, 1xUSB. Mobile Hotspot Capability. Video Recording Capability, Keyboard Compatibility
- Touch ID, Apple Pay; Voice Control App: Siri; Headphone Jack: Yes; Up to 10 hours of battery life
FAQs About Best Laptops for Writers And Bloggers in 2019
Here are some of the FAQs you should know about before buying a laptop for writing and blogging in 2019 and beyond. After all, every penny you spend on a laptop is your hard earned money, right? So you can’t simply waste your money on a pathetic laptop and regret later.
1. What brand of laptop is best for writing daily and regular usage?
When it comes to laptop brands, nothing comes closer to Apple. Apple Macbooks are far superior in terms of performance, handling and comfortability. So if you are looking for a laptop for daily writing and working for longer hours on your laptop, you can go for either a Macbook Air or Pro (depending on your storage choice).
If you’re also looking for a laptop that lasts for years, Macbooks are great as most people use Macbooks for 3+ years without having to visit any service center. Did we forget to mention the regular updates from Mac along with its operating system? You’ll immediately fall in love and never go for any other alternative once you get your hands on a mac.
2. What is the best windows laptop?
If you’re not a fan of Apple and prefer Windows based laptop, there are way too many choices available for you ranging from Lenovo to Dell to Sony. If you’ve gone through the above list of best laptops for writers, you will find 8 out 10 laptops listed are window based laptops. So depending on your budget and writing needs, you can choose one from them.
3. What are the best keyboard shortcuts every writer should know?
If you’re typing a lot on your laptop, you should definitely know some of the keyboard shortcuts so you can save more time and enhance your productivity while writing online. Here are some keyboard shortcuts to know as a writer if you’re using a Mac;
- Cut: ⌘ + X
- Copy: ⌘ + C
- Paste: ⌘ + V
- Paste without formatting: ⌘ + Shift + V
- Undo: ⌘ + Z
- Save: ⌘ + S
- Search for a word: ⌘ + F
- Bold: ⌘ + B
- Italics: ⌘ + I
- Underline: ⌘ + U
- New text file: ⌘ + N
- Move file to trash: ⌘ + del
- Increase or decrease size of only highlighted text: ⌘+ (+ or -)
- Split view vertical: ⌘ + shift + “
Here are some keyboard shortcuts to know as a writer if you’re using a Windows 10 OS;
- Alt + Tab Switch between open apps
- Alt + Left arrow key Go back
- Alt + Right arrow key Go forward
- Alt + Page Up Move up one screen
- Alt + Page down Move down one screen
- Ctrl + Alt +Tab View open apps
- Ctrl + C Copy selected items to clipboard
- Ctrl + X Cut selected items
- Ctrl + V Paste content from clipboard
- Ctrl + A Select all content, Ctrl + Z Undo an action and Ctrl + Y Redo an action
- Ctrl + D Delete the selected item and move it to the Recycle Bin
4. What are the best laptop hacks for writers?
The biggest laptop hack for writers or anyone who’s thinking to buy a laptop is this: instead of paying extra for getting a high storage option, get the cheapest model and use an external hard disk. You can go through the above section of essential gadgets for bloggers and writers to see the best options for external hard disks.
For example, instead of buying a 256 GB version of Macbook Air (which costs a lot more), you can get a 128GB Macbook Air and buy an external hard disk which roughly costs you $50.
Apart from that, dim the brightness of your screen, use the extra power saving mode, declutter your laptop space by dumping unwanted widgets and so on to enhance your average battery life of your laptop.
5. What are the most essential apps and tools for writers?
Google Docs is the #1 thing you need if you write a lot. It also stores your data offline so you don’t have to worry in case of sudden wifi interruptions. There are also a couple of writing apps which are listed below are really useful for writers and all kinds of bloggers.
- Zoho Writer
- yWriter and so on
Pro tip: Make sure to use a distraction free writing tool like Zenwriter or OmWriter if you really want to create more content quickly because you’ll get distracted a lot while writing online. It’s easier to get lost while writing because of the notifications (email, social media and so on).
Browse more Blogging Resources:
- How to Start a Blog in 2019 [Step by Step Process]
- How to Get Your Blog Noticed in 2019
- A Powerful Blog Setup Checklist
- How to Promote Your Blog for Free in 2019
- What is Personal Branding with Personal Brand Examples in 2019
- Top Ways to Interlink Your Blog Posts Like a PRO
Final thoughts about the best laptops for writers and bloggers in 2019
The best laptop for writers is the one that has a combination of power, comfortable to use and performance. There are so many people are searching best laptops for writers, so we made this list which we hope you’ll like it.
We also include an exclusive section of essential gadgets for bloggers and writers to take your productivity game to the next level.
Did we miss any of your favorite laptop in the list? What do you think about the list of best laptops for writers mentioned on this list? Share your thoughts in the comments below.