Building Your Reputation as a Guest Blogger
Guest blogging is relatively new yet if you are in the SEO business then you know that it has been around for quite some time now. However it is one of those trends that is beginning to rise to new levels. More and more people are beginning to take part in it and it is becoming somewhat of an Internet phenomenon. There are many benefits to guest blogging. It is one of the absolute best ways to market your web site; both through search engine optimization and through plain old Internet marketing strategies. If you are going to be guest posting a lot for a certain amount of time, you want to make sure that you are giving the highest form of quality that you possibly can put out there every single time. You also want to stay away from scammy article marketing tactics (especially Post-Panda) as they will not only notbe good for your brand, but won’t last future Google algorithm updates. Besides – Panda basically slapped article marketing out of existence anyways.
Email Templates, Pen Names, & Volume (Issues)
Link prospecting can be somewhat tedious and somewhat hard. You never really know how people are going to respond (although once you get good at it you will usually have a really good idea in your head about what is really going to pan out for you). It all starts out with your search and retrieval, and it also starts with what type of approach you are going to take. First of all, if you are going to use email templates you should make sure that your emails are spam compliant. You should also make sure that you aren’t just sending them to every single website that you come across, and that you are sending your emails with a purpose. Now I have sent my fair share of email templates, and many of us have, but let me just tell you for a second that sending template emails usually counterproductive. And you will find, that you will be better pleased with your results if you really take the appropriate amount of time to learn about the people you are contacting, to take the time to converse with them, and to really work together to come up with a topic that will best suit their blog and their audience, as well as benefit your website in return. When you are using email templates – you are taking a step closer to trying to sacrifice too much quality in terms of volume. Now this isn’t always the case, but let’s takes a look at the differences in return when you are aiming at volume rather than quality.
High Volume (Low quality)
- Your writing quality will be low, you will not be able to engage an audience
- You will get a far less conversion rate, as you will be using easy to spot email templates. A template is something that more and more blog owners of today’s world are able to recognize as they are seeing them more often these days.
- You will be making more edits, therefore you will have a longer turnaround time in terms of the time you come into contact with the webmaster and the time it takes for the link to go live
- Your links will be worth less. Less people will be naturally linking to them and the quality of blogs you will get your links up on will be worth less as your writing won’t be as good
- The more quality you sacrifice in order to conquer volume – the more it seems to Google that you are trying to game their algorithm. You can be assured that Google will have the last laugh if you are gaming them.
Lower Volume (Higher quality)
- You will naturally write better articles as you will give yourself more time to write them – involving more extensive research and overall better quality.
- You will get a better conversion rate using personalized emails. It will also help with your writing – believe it or not – because if you take the time to have a conversation with the blog owner, it will reflect in your writing.
- Your links will last longer and be worth more. You will be posting on better blogs and your guest posts will be able to pick up more natural links – giving them a lot more juice.
In the end, what you are trying to do by creating more volume is get better results with less work – AKA: Gaming the system. What you end up doing however, especially in the case of building a brand with guest posting – is doing more work. This work usually ends up getting results that may shine bright in the short run, but will ultimately lead to terrible results as you will more than likely get left out of the loop. Pen names are something that people are using more and more of these days. Creating a pen name is actually probably a good idea – many people do it, but just make sure you build that brand with that pen name. If you are hiring a company that provides white label link building services – many times the case will be that they will use pen names of your choice. This is the name that will be associated with you brand.
When it comes to building your brand, it all starts with the approach you take. Are you going to be adding value to the internet? If so then it is probably going to benefit your website and company very much so. If you are trying to build your brand by gaming the system, you are actually moving backwards in a lot of ways.