Do you want to know a secret tip to build a profitable blog quickly? Find a blogging partner. If you’re wondering about how find one who can help you with building a better blog, this post is just for you!
As your blog grows, you may find that you don’t have enough time to get everything done. There are countless thing you need to do to keep your blogging business running smoothly. These include some or all of the following:
- Writing content
- Finding affiliate products to promote
- Creating your own products
- Emailing your list
- Social networking
- Responding to comments
- Maintaining your site
- Link building
- Guest blogging
This is a sizeable but incomplete list of everything bloggers need to do. Depending on how well your blog is doing, it may be worth your time to get help.
Hiring a virtual assistant is clearly an option. However, virtual assistants approach their tasks from a managerial perspective. You may want to work with another entrepreneur who is just as vested in promoting your site as you are.
Here’s where getting help from another partner may be the perfect solution for you. You can both share the spoils of your blog. This keeps you both motivated towards making the blog as successful as possible and keeps your expenses down if your blog has a slow month or two. Let’s now get into the details.
Table of Contents
Finding a blogging partner to build a profitable blog in 2021
Assess your own strengths and weaknesses
Before you even think about getting help from a blogging partner, make a list of all of your own strengths and weaknesses so you’ll know what exact requirements you need in others who can assist you with blogging.
If you’re wondering about why should you find some partner, here are some of the benefits of having someone to assist.
- You can distribute your blogging related work (for instance, if you’re working on SEO related tasks, your partner can take care of the content creation or promotion part)
- You can share your ideas and implement the best strategies
- You can quickly grow your blog since both of you will be spending time
- You can get access to premium tools, plugins or better hosting and share the costs in half
- You both can teach other about the skills you own. If you’re good at SEO, you can teach your partner and vice versa
You need to assess your strengths and passions and find someone who is going to complement them.
For example, you may work primarily on developing the onsite content, responding to comments and handling technology troubleshooting problems. Your partner might be able to handle the social networking and marketing of the site.
What are the things to look for?
Undoubtedly finding a blogging buddy is not at all easy. It involves in a lot of time, efforts (and often times) money. Before finding someone to assist you in blogging, make sure to look for the following most important things so you can build a profitable blog that actually makes money in the long run.
- You must be able to communicate often (either through phone, email or Skype). Your partner must be able to connect with you and available for you almost anytime you need help.
- You should be able to trust your partner because blogging is involved in money and sharing few insider strategies.
- He must give a thought about your ideas. If you’re focused on increasing traffic and your partner is focused on something else, you both can never build a profitable blog. You both must respect and implement each other’s ideas.
- You both should come up with an exit strategy. That means, you both should know whether to continue working on the same website for a long time or sell it (and pick up another site) once it starts generating money.
Make sure to blog daily if you’re working along with a blogging buddy to attract more sales.
Top 5 ways to find a blog partner
Now, let’s talk about the main part: how do you find a partner to take your blog to the next level? Here are 5 proven ways which are mostly free.
1. Leverage your own network
The best way to find a partner for blogging is to look around your own circles as you mostly end up finding someone trustworthy which is extremely important. Your network includes the following;
- Your friends and colleagues (if you know someone who’s interested in blogging within your close circles, it would be great as you both can communicate regularly)
- Other bloggers in your niche (find a group of bloggers who are in the same industry as you and who have similar authority blogs so you both can decide to work on the same blog to make it successful)
- Through your own website (you can also create a page on your blog and start accepting invitation from others to work on your blog which includes other bloggers, influencers and your own blog followers)
2. Hire a content marketing strategist
This is the best long term strategy if you want to build a better blog that makes profits. I’ve personally been working with a content marketing strategist “Rahul Kuntala” since 2014 and the results have been tremendous both in terms of increasing search traffic and average monthly income.
If you’ve some investment to spend on improving your blog for the long run, you should definitely consider hiring a content marketing strategist who can help you with content creation, increasing traffic and sales and so on.
Here’s an illustration that tells you about the importance of content frequency. You can easily churn out more content if you’ve access to a content marketing strategist.
3. Build a small tribe
If you’re just getting started with blogging, you should probably build a small list of people who are really interested in the topics you share. So that you can use that small yet dedicated tribe to grow your blog in the years to come. Here are some of the ways you can build a small tribe online that you can also use for finding a partner for help.
- Use your email list
- Create a Facebook group
- Use blogging forums
- Your blog followers
4. Using online platforms like UpWork
Don’t go for cheaper platforms like Fiverr as you’ll mostly end up finding someone without any proper skillset or experience. Go for high end platforms like UpWork, SEOClerks, Freelancer and so on.
Here are few top Fiverr alternatives where you can find top notch writers (or you can use the same platforms to get writing work) who can help you with content creation, SEO, increasing your website’s search engine traffic and so on.
5. Try meetups and seminars
Whether you know it or not, there’s a fantastic online platform called Meetups which lets you connect with other people (such as bloggers, marketers and so on) in person. You can create your own meetups within your city and start collaborating with others directly and you might even find a blogging buddy.
The same goes with seminars as well, make sure to attend as many blogging and marketing related seminars within your industry so you can not only find others for blogging assistance but you can also build rapport with influencers.
Do’s and don’ts for finding a partner for blogging
Here are some of the do’s and don’ts in finding a blog partner in 2021.
Do’s of finding a blog partner:
- Do find out the track record and background of the blogging partner you’re going to consider to help you with your blog. If you both know each other well, there’s no issue but in case if you’re working together for the first time, you’ll be better off working with someone who has experience in particular areas that can help you grow your blog.
- Do find someone who’s good at coding. If you’re not good at coding, you can find someone with good programming skills as you mostly need to change your website design, take care of your website backend, security issues and so on. So it’s always good to have someone who knows coding.
- Practically speaking find someone who knows SEO because search engine optimization is the key to building a website that gets more traffic. You can make money from a blog without getting traffic. So find someone who’s good at keyword research, building backlinks, on page optimization and so on.
- Do invest in the right tools. You can use tools like Trello and Skype for team collaborations and communicate regularly about the things you should do take your blog to the next level. You should also invest in a good design, SEO tools, email marketing and so on.
Don’ts of finding a blog partner:
- There’s no point of finding a newbie with zero skills and zero online reputation to assist you with improving your blog. You’re literally wasting your own time, only find someone who has experience or skills in your industry.
- Avoid those people who don’t stay in touch with you when you need help the most. Toxic people or those who are not committed in building a better blog is not the right fit for your blog’s growth.
- Don’t allow more people. There’s no point of finding and working with too many partners. As a rule of thumb, you should always find just one or two people for assistance. Once your blog starts making money, you can hire people.
Pros and cons of finding a blogging buddy
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of having someone to assist you to build a money making blog.
- You can share the blogging tasks in half so you’ll be saving a lot of time
- You can build a money making blog even more quickly if you’re working with a partner
- You can share all the costs and investments that you put on your blog (for example, Semrush monthly plan costs you $119.95 per month, if you’re working with another partner, you can both split that into $50 per month, likewise, you can spend and invest money on so many things including email marketing tools, website design and so on)
- You can come up with interesting ideas to drive more traffic, make more sales and so on
- Finding a trustworthy partner is definitely cumbersome
- It’s not so easy to share your profits and how much percentage you both should take once your blog starts generating money
- You’ll be making less (since you’re sharing profits with your partner)
FAQs about finding someone to assist you
Here are some of the things you might want to know before you start looking for a partner for blogging assistance.
1. Why should you find a blogging partner? Does it still matter in 2021?
The biggest reason to find a blog partner is you can speed up the process of building a profitable blog. You can share all the blogging related tasks such as content creation, SEO, email list building, selling, promotion and so on.
Not only that, when it comes to building a money making blog, you’ll have to invest a lot of money be it hosting, email marketing, design, SEO tools and so on. Having a partner gives you the freedom to share the costs equally.
Here are few blogging stats that you should always remember.
2. Should you pay your blogging partner?
It depends. If you’re hiring someone for content marketing or SEO, you must either pay him or share your blogging profits. You should decide about it before you start treating someone as your blogging buddy.
If you’re just starting out, you both can work on the blog and two separate things where you both excel and share the profits in half once your blog starts making money.
3. How do I find a partner for blogging?
If you’ve gone through the post carefully, you would have come up with an awesome idea by now. If not, you still can look for places such as seminars, webinars, meetups, your own circles to find a blog partner.
4. Should you create a legal agreement contract with your blog partner?
If you’re working with a trustworthy partner, there’s no need of having legal agreements but it would be really a smart idea to have one just in case when things go wrong. You don’t need a 100 page contract though, just make sure to talk about the terms and conditions and what percentage you both are willing to take once your website starts earning profits.
Browse more Blogging Resources:
- How to Start a Blog in 2021 [Step by Step Process]
- How to Get Your Blog Noticed in 2021
- A Powerful Blog Setup Checklist
- How to Promote Your Blog for Free in 2021
- What is Personal Branding with Personal Brand Examples in 2021
- Top Ways to Interlink Your Blog Posts Like a PRO
- Blogging Tips and Tricks That Work Like A Charm
Although finding a blog partner has its merits and demerits but you’ll definitely stay ahead if you find someone with skills. So make sure to find a someone who you can trust and build a money making blog in the long run.
Working with a blogger that complements your skill sets can be a great idea. If you are considering working with a partner, you should make sure you understand them as well as possible so that you can know exactly what you are getting.
Do you have any more questions? Share your thoughts in the comments below.