How to Launch A Soccer Blog And Make Money from It In 2018
Soccer is an often neglected, yet a very lucrative niche when it comes to blogging. If you’re curious to launch a soccer blog and start making money in 2018, this post is for you.
Just look at the numbers indicating the ever growing popularity of the game and you will know what I am talking about. Football competitions draw maximum audience and media attention, and football players are easily some of the biggest sports celebrities.
Not to forget that football world cup is one of the biggest sports events in the history of mankind, so there’s no reason why a soccer blog can’t bring in more goods than some of those extremely boring and overdone topics like gadgets, Internet Marketing, or make money online.
Without much ado, let’s talk about how you can launch a soccer blog that makes a lot of money.
Table of Contents
- Starting A Soccer Blog And Making Money from It In 2018
- Top 4 ways to make money from a soccer blog in 2018
- Few more quick tips to making money from a soccer blog
- FAQs About Starting A Soccer Blog And Making Money from It In 2018
Starting A Soccer Blog And Making Money from It In 2018
Starting a soccer blog is extremely easy. All you need to do is to decide on two things.
- Which blogging platform are you going to use?
- What kind of website you’re going to need for starting a soccer blog
If you were to ask our suggestion, we recommend you to go with WordPress which is the #1 blogging platform in the world which is used by largest companies like;
- The New Yorker
- BBC America
- Bloomberg Professional
- MTV and so on
If you’re still wondering about why should you go for WordPress, here are few stats about WordPress you should know.
- WordPress CMS powers 28.5% of all websites with a 59.4% market share of all known CMSes
- Users make 41.7 million new posts and 60.5 million new comments each month
- More than 1.1 million new registered wordpress domains every 6 months
- WordPress is behind 30.3% of the top 1000 websites
Enough said about WordPress. Let’s now talk about how you can start a soccer blog with WordPress. For starting a soccer blog on WordPress, you basically need two things.
- Hosting and
When it comes to hosting, we recommend you Bluehost as it offers you the most affordable pricing plans which is also used by over 2 million sites worldwide and it’s also the official hosting recommendation of WordPress.
Here’s a step by step tutorial on how you can use Bluehost to install WordPress.
Step 1: Click here to install WordPress blog on Bluehost
You will be taken to Bluehost hosting home page where you need to simply click on the “Get Started Now” button to continue (where you’ll be getting an exclusive offer from us which costs you just $2.95 per month)
Here’s how it looks like;
Step 2: Enter your desired domain name
Now, enter any domain name that you want. Make it simple, easy to type and remember.
Step 3: Enter your account information and click “next”
Select any package. Please pick your account plan and here are the Bluehost discounted pricing details for you.
Here’s the discounted price if you buy from this special link
- 36 Months $2.95
- 24 Months $3.95
- 12 Months $4.95
Step 4: Pick a strong password
Always use numbers, capital letters and special characters (like $,@,* etc) while creating a password. If you’re using Chrome browser, you can use chrome generate automatic password for more protection (and you can change your password anytime of course).
Step 5: Once you logged into Bluehost control panel, install WordPress
Once you set your password and login to the Bluehost control panel, you will see “WordPress” option under “Site Builders” tab. Click on it to install WordPress on Bluehost.
You are done with the installation of WordPress on Bluehost.
Top 4 ways to make money from a soccer blog in 2018
Here are few PROVEN ways to make money from a soccer blog in 2018 and beyond and all of the following monetization strategies can be used even by new websites.
Affiliate marketing is the best way to earn passive income. Passive income simply means, you make money even while you sleep. But it’s not so easy as you need to pick the best affiliate programs in order to start making commissions.
Here are few more tips to sell more affiliate products related to soccer and sports from your blog in 2018.
- The best way of succeeding with affiliate marketing programs is to choose a niche (in your case “soccer) and create highly informative, useful and keyword-rich content on website. Then, you can use and promote relevant soccer related affiliate programs to earn commissions.
- Start writing product reviews around soccer related affiliate products as they convert really well.
- Make sure to find out what your competitors are promoting on their site to make money so you too can give a try to some of them.
Using display advertising
Display advertising simply means showing ads and you’ll get paid when someone sees or clicks on your site. The more search traffic you get, the better off you’ll be monetizing your soccer site.
Here are some of the platforms where you can make money from soccer site.
- Google Adsense: It is one of the best display advertising platforms for money making from your soccer site but it gives you less amount of money depending on the CPC (cost per click).
- Media.net: Very similar to Google AdSense but it’s a HUGE Yahoo and Bing network so it’s highly recommended for you if your website is generating traffic from search engines like Bing
- Infolinks: A lot of blogs use Infolinks with decent traffic because of its earning potential where you get high CPC and it mainly offers CPC (cost per click) not CPM (cost per impression) unlike other sites like AdSense so you’ll get paid for clicks not impressions made on your site.
- Amazon ads: These ads provide local shopping trends and CPM based ads which are really ideal if you are getting traffic from US and Europe so you get paid more per every impression or click
- Propeller Ads: With this platform you’ll get a ton of monetizing options like CPC, CPM, Push notifications and also pay you well for your website traffic
- Chitika: Chitika also the best alternative to Google Adsense and it offers ads in three ways including search-targeted, mobile ads and local ads
Here’s a great illustration on how much you can make using Chitika and AdSense.
Here are few ways you can earn more by using display ads such as AdSense, Chitika, Infolinks etc within your soccer blog.
- Place proper ad units within your every page content
- Increase the size of your ad unit and properly place them at right spots to get more exposure
- Improve your website analytics using heat maps (you can use tools like Crazy Egg)
- Make sure to keep your content relevant and unique to your target audience
Event blogging is a method of starting a blog which is made to target a single day or week or month to attract a TON of traffic from search engines like Google.
- Happy New Year (Duration: one day or week)
- Fifa world cup (Duration: Almost 30 Days)
In event blogging you write about latest running games around soccer in the special events like Fifa world cup etc.
People always want to know how their favorite players are doing, what diet they are taking and how favorite their team is currently and so on so the craze is always more for soccer.
So how does one can make money in event blogging?
In case of using event blogging to make money from your soccer blog, you’ll usually create a blog on a particular topic (soccer, your favorite soccer player or team and so on).
By doing keyword research, you’ll find a ton of keyword ideas that you can use to optimize pages within your soccer blog. By making sure your SEO is set properly, you’ll start ranking for specific keywords that appear for your website at the top position in the search engines like Google.
If your soccer website is on the first page, and bringing thousands (if not millions) of visitors from search to your websites within a short span of time. You can start monetizing your blog with display advertisements (Adsense, Chitika and so on) and make hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars within a day, week or month.
That’s how the whole event blogging concept works and use it to your advantage to monetize your soccer blog in 2018 and beyond.
Become a sports writer
One of the quickest ways to make money from a soccer blog is to get hired by a media or publishing company as a sports writer (where you can talk about soccer tips, soccer less known news, celebrity news around soccer and so on).
The best way to do that is to start your own blog and publish interesting and engaging soccer related articles so you can build a portfolio which helps you become a paid sports writer easily.
Few more quick tips to making money from a soccer blog
Use good theme and fewer ads:
Using good templates for your blog is more important after the Google’s layout algorithm update that discards blogs with lots of ads especially over the fold, but for soccer blog it is of utmost importance. Take the example of TV Commercials, nobody likes them but the annoyance can get to unbelievable proportions when they start playing excessive ads between a live telecast of some of your favorite sport, interrupting the action and spoiling the fun, and that is exactly what a plethora of ads on your blog will do.
Don’t limit yourself to posting news:
If you are blogging on soccer, or any other sport, don’t limit yourself to rephrasing news and the on-goings because there are some bigwigs doing the same, needless to say that you will fail to get any kind of traffic or readership. Instead, you should try to share your own thoughts, analysis, and commentary for the matches, different teams, or players.
Make suer to focus on SEO. Here’s a great illustration of why you must focus on SEO.
Enthusiasm must reflect:
You can manage blogging on topics like technology, gadgets, and the likes without really having a fondness for the topic, but in order to blog on a sport with a fan following like soccer, you need to have some enthusiasm and interest in the game, or your writings will fall flat. And this eagerness should show from each and everything at the blog, including the template, blog posts, social network profiles and all.
Community is the key:
Some of the best sport blogs and websites we know are driven by the high amount of activity and contributions coming from the community. So, you must be focusing on building a community, by interacting with your readers, using widgets, and social media buttons to get some free promotion at social networks.
As it is evident from the post, Roberto is a soccer fan and a blogger. At his coupon code website, he offers world soccer shop codes and london pass code, in fact there’s quite a lot of coupon codes and vouchers in addition to London Pass and World Soccer Shop.
FAQs About Starting A Soccer Blog And Making Money from It In 2018
Here are few important questions you must know to understand how you can make money by starting a soccer blog in 2018 and beyond.
#1. How to create content if I don’t have time or skills for my soccer blog?
If you don’t have time to create content for your soccer blog, you can do two things: you can hire someone or attract other bloggers to do guest posts to create content consistently. Just make sure to understand that, you’ll need a good DA (domain authority) of above 30+ to attract guest posts.
If you’ve no skills, you can start writing every single day. Write 500 words each day and you’ll be able to craft the art of writing better content or you can simply outsource your content creation part.
#2. How do I bring more traffic to my soccer blog?
Although there are a ton of ways to bring more traffic to your soccer blog but if you want high quality traffic that you can use to actually make money, you should focus on attracting more search traffic. Not only it’s free but it helps you bring highly targeted and relevant visitors to your site.
The best way to get more search traffic to your soccer site is to do keyword research. Find and use highly relevant keywords with decent search volume (preferably below 1000 monthly searches) by using tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs etc and you can do proper on page SEO to quickly start generating search traffic.
#3. What’s the #1 strategy to make money from a soccer or sports blog in 2018?
If you want to quickly monetize your soccer website, the best place is to look for is affiliate programs. Here’s a list of some of the best affiliate programs where you can find a ton of high paying affiliate products you can promote.
#4. How can I promote my soccer blog for more exposure?
There are two better ways you can promote your soccer blog to get more traffic and drive more sales in 2018.
- Social media promotion (where you can create social media profiles on Facebook, twitter and so on and start promoting your latest posts as soon as they go live)
- Join forums (there are so many forums available including Blokube, Blog Interact, Indiblogger and so on where you can promote your posts)
Final thoughts about starting a soccer blog 2018
Building a profitable soccer blog is not hard if you know how to do it right. Do keyword research, drive more search traffic and use the right monetization strategies and you’ll succeed.
If you still have any questions around making money from a soccer blog, do let us know in the comments below.