Product Name: Genesis
Want to make your WordPress design appealing, responsive and SEO friendly? Then, give a try to Genesis Framework which is not only SEO friendly but can also be customized with ease. Here’s our review about it along with few alternatives.
Are you looking for premium WordPress themes which are affordable? You’re in the right place.
There are literally thousands of premium WordPress themes out there. Few of them are really expensive and most of them charge you on a yearly basis (annual plans). There are really few premium themes that offer you lifetime access by charging you just one-time.
Genesis framework is one such premium theme. So if you’re looking for a search engine optimized, mobile responsive and well coded premium theme framework, Genesis is just for you.
Here’s our in-depth review of Genesis with all the features, pros, cons, pricing and few other alternatives to it.
Table of Contents
- Honest Review of Genesis Framework Along With Its Alternatives
- Why Should You Be Using Genesis Over Other Premium Themes?
- Top Genesis Theme Framework Alternatives
- FAQs About Genesis And StudioPress Themes
- Final Thoughts on Genesis Theme Framework
Honest Review of Genesis Framework Along With Its Alternatives
Here’s a list of some of the incredible features that you get with Genesis.
- Genesis ready
- Accessibility ready
- Fully mobile responsive
- Search engine friendly framework
- A lightweight premium WordPress theme framework
- One-column, Two-columns, Three-columns options
- Left-sidebar, Right-sidebar options
- Fixed-width option
- Provides theme customizer which helps you tweak the theme’s settings, colours, and content and see a preview of those changes in real-time
- Custom page templates
- Customizable header so you can upload your own logo
- One-click theme setup
So what are you waiting for?
Why Should You Be Using Genesis Over Other Premium Themes?
So what makes Genesis worth paying for? Before talking about it, let’s first talk about few basics.
Why your website design matters A LOT?
We all want beautifully designed websites. The problem with building great looking websites is either you need to hire a professional designer to design your site or you need to pay extra money for agencies on getting a unique look.
This is the reason why most bloggers don’t focus much on getting an appealing design for their websites. Remember, design is the king. Without having a good looking design on your site, your website visitors won’t be pleased.
Page speed, design elements, typography – these three are essential in any great web design. So you need to figure out ways to get these 3 elements right.
Fortunately, there’s a solution for this. Let us introduce you to the Genesis theme framework.
What is Genesis theme framework?
Before diving into the review of Genesis theme framework, let’s talk about what it is all about.
Genesis framework can be treated as a premium WordPress theme (aka supertheme) which handles all the design and layout aspects of your WordPress sites.
Genesis is a powerful framework designed by experts to provide you a search engine friendly, light weight and mobile responsive framework for your sites.
Think of your website as a car. WordPress acts as the engine of your car.
Genesis can be considered as your car’s frame and body (in other words, it’s responsible for your website basic design, security, SEO foundation).
The good thing about using Genesis is it supports a wide range of (hundreds of) child themes that you can install on their framework to customize and change the look of your website effortlessly.
To put it simply, a child theme can be treated as a paint job on that car (you can include any color you want such as red, blue, yellow, black and what not).
If you’re wondering about why should you be using Genesis over other premium WordPress themes or frameworks, here are some of the biggest benefits.
Search engine optimized framework
One BIG reason to purchase premium WordPress themes better SEO as most premium themes are better optimized for SEO when compared to free or cheap themes.
Their framework is fully optimized for the search engines like Google. It offers you clean, optimized code along with clever design architecture, which means, you don’t have to do extra coding work on your website design to get additional SEO benefits.
Genesis is developed by a team of WordPress experts and developers who have years of experience in building search engine friendly websites and they have carefully crafted their framework to meet all your SEO needs.
Besides that, Genesis also supports Schema.org code, which allows you to output microdata in your website’s code (so even if you’re a beginner, you can implement Schema for better organic rankings).
Genesis offers you unlimited everything which include the following.
Once you purchase Genesis theme framework for $60 (just the framework pricing), you’ll get lifetime access to their customer support team. Most other premium themes like Elegant themes require to purchase or subscribe for their premium themes after every 1 year.
Here’s where Genesis offers unparalleled value by providing you lifetime support. So it’s a one-time fee and you’ll also get access to their community forum where you can find lots of threads around customizing your framework and website design.
Frequent updates which are free for lifetime
One of the major reasons to go for Genesis is it gets updated a lot and you’ll get lifetime updates from them at free of cost as it’s a one-time fee.
You will get instant update notifications from your dashboard whenever Genesis releases a new update. With just one click, you can update your framework to their latest version.
Unlike any other premium theme, for example Elegant themes, Genesis theme framework comes with automatic and frequent updates. With constant and regular updates, you’re less prone to security bugs or design related issues.
You don’t have to pay them every year to get those latest updates which makes it an affordable premium theme choice for most people.
Another big reason to pay for Genesis is it lets you use their framework on any number of sites you own. If you want to use and install their framework on your client websites, you can do that too. Isn’t it a wonderful package?
Easy customization and lots of plugins
Most beginners who use premium themes find it really hard to customize their site. But when you’re using Genesis, you don’t need to go through a ton of tutorials or videos as it lets you customize your theme design however you want as it offers you a ton of widgets, layouts and so on.
Not only that, Genesis also offers you exclusive plugins (which are compatible only for Genesis theme installed sites) that offer you a plethora of benefits.
Have a look;
Some of their plugins include;
- Atomic Blocks – Gutenberg Blocks Collection (which is a collection of beautiful and easily customizable Gutenberg blocks for the new block editor)
- Simple Social Icons (helps you to insert social icons in any widget area)
- Genesis Simple Edits (lets you edit the 3 most commonly modified areas in any Genesis theme: the post-info (byline), the post-meta and the footer)
- Genesis Simple FAQ (lets you handle FAQ layout and interaction with a shortcode)
Above all, it offers you easily customize through live editor which looks like this;
As you can see above, there are plenty of theme settings it offers including;
- Updates (latest updates about their framework, where you’ve the option to periodically check for updates)
- Header (where you can customize your logo or add dynamic text)
- Google AdSense (where you can enter your AdSense publisher ID to activate AdSense Auto Ads, great for AdSense enabled blogs)
- Color scheme (currently it offers Red, Green and Blue colors to change the overall look of your theme including color of headings and links)
- Site layout (multiple layouts available)
- Breadcrumbs (multiple options to choose)
- Comments and trackbacks (you can enable or disable them in page, posts or archives)
- Content archives (you can show all your posts at one place)
- Header/footer scripts (for extra customization of header or footer)
Expert customer support assistance
One of the reasons most people choose Genesis theme over other premium frameworks or themes is because of their expert support.
In fact, you can also outsource your website design if you want to make it look unique and appealing from their developers. They will design and customize your website look from scratch by taking care of your brand.
You can also check out the sites in their showcase to see how those developers build websites.
Not only that, StudioPress also has forums where you can get helpful answers from other developers and users.
How much does it cost?
So how much does Genesis and StudioPress themes cost? There are 2 packages provided which are listed below.
- Framework package
- Pro plus membership
Let’s briefly discuss both these packages along with their pricing and features so you can pick the right one that suits your budget and website needs.
1. Framework Package
If you’re just getting started, Genesis exclusive framework is all what you need and it costs you $59.95 which is a one time fee and you’ll get the following features. This package is great for bloggers and beginners who are looking for premium framework for WordPress sites.
- Includes the framework
- Instant access
- Unlimited updates
- Unlimited support
- Use it on unlimited websites
- Access to detailed tutorials
- One-time fee
Note that, with this package, you’ll get access to only their framework but not any of their StudioPress themes.
2. Pro Plus Membership
This is the best value package where you can save over $1200. With this Pro plus membership, you can download their entire theme collection and it costs you $499.95 which is a one time fee. This package is an excellent choice especially for web designers and developers.
Here’s what you’ll get with this package.
- Includes the Genesis theme framework
- Instant access
- Unlimited updates
- Unlimited support
- Use their framework and all their themes on unlimited websites
- Access to detailed tutorials
- One-time fee
- Includes all future themes they make
- Savings over $1200
So what are you waiting for? Use the following link to get started with their framework and StudioPress themes.
Why do you need a premium WordPress theme like Genesis?
Have you ever wondered why should you invest money in a good theme such as Genesis theme framework when there are literally thousands of free themes out there?
This is a common question you can ask before wanting to change your theme on your WordPress sites. Most people who browse online notice the design of a site when they first land on any site. This is why it is essential for any blogger who wants to make money blogging to take care of their design.
Here are 4 good reasons why you need to use premium WordPress themes like Genesis.
1. Well coded: You need to have an SEO friendly design to get more traffic from search engines like Google. Without search traffic, your blog goes nowhere as organic traffic is the lifeblood of any profitable blog. Premium themes are well coded and offer you excellent functionality which helps you with more search engine traffic.
2. Provides appealing look: If you want to stand out from other blogs, you need a unique look for your websites. You simply can’t give a unique touch using free WordPress themes because free themes are everywhere, right?
Using premium themes like Genesis, you can not only get a unique design but you can easily customize according to your needs without any hassle.
3. Supremely secured: Almost every single premium WordPress theme is secured and carefully designed to destroy all the bugs and WordPress security vulnerabilities. Any good premium theme gets updated frequently so that you can have a bulletproof security on your WordPress sites. Same is NOT the case with majority of the free themes.
4. It takes money to make money online: Want to make money online? Then, first invest money on extremely important things like buying a premium theme. Without spending a dime, don’t expect money from blogging. Besides that, you will work harder if you put money on the things like web design.
How to Get Genesis Framework & StudioPress Themes for Free?
So this is an interesting section. Want to get Genesis and StudioPress themes at free of cost?
There’s ONLY one way which is grab WP Engine hosting.
Yes. If you sign up for WP Engine hosting (which is the #1 managed web hosting for WordPress sites), you’ll get free access to Genesis along with over 35 themes from StudioPress.
Why are they offering it for free?
Whether you know it or not, WP Engine acquired StudioPress in the last year and that’s the reason why they are offering their themes and framework for free to all their hosting customers.
To put it simply, when you sign up for any hosting plan from WP Engine, you get their Framework and 36 StudioPress Themes at free of cost (over $2,000 in value).
If you’re curious to know more about WP Engine hosting, you can read our review of WP Engine from here. In case if you want to give them a try, you can go ahead with their Starter plan which costs you $35 per month (you’ll get 2 months of free hosting if you go with their annual plan) and offers you the following list of features.
- You can install 1 site
- 3 environments per site
- Can handle up to 25K visits per month
- 50 GB bandwidth with starter plan
- CDN is free
- SSL is included
- Website migrations are free
- Page Performance is free
- 36 StudioPress Themes
If you’re interested in their other plans, here’s what you need to know.
- Startup plan costs you $35 per month, you can save $70 by getting 2 months free with annual plan
- Growth plan costs you $115 per month, you can save $230 by getting 2 months free with annual plan
- Scale plan costs you $290 per month, you can save $580 by getting 2 months free with annual plan
Click on this exclusive link to save up to $580 on WPEngine hosting
Pros and cons
Here’s the list of pros and cons of Genesis.
- It’s Gutenberg ready
- It’s completely mobile responsive so your website will be perfectly optimized for every browser, device and screen size
- It’s a one time fee (where most other themes like Elegant themes ask you to pay every 1 year)
- Unlimited customer support (not just for 1 year like most themes)
- You can use this framework on unlimited sites including on your client websites
- You’ll also get access to unlimited updates from Genesis for lifetime
- Custom page templates
- 24/7 customer support along with forums
- Lots of theme widgets to easily add ads to banners to literally anything you want
- No advanced customization (although you can grab any child theme and customize it however you want)
Top Genesis Theme Framework Alternatives
If you’re looking for some other alternatives to Genesis, here are a few of them which are affordable and also offer you plenty of useful features to build your WordPress sites.
1. Elegant themes
Elegant themes is used by over 600,000 people worldwide and it is one of the very few premium theme networks that offer you stunning themes at affordable prices. You will also get access to Divi, Extra, Bloom, Monarch etc along with their Elegant themes purchase.
How much does it cost?
The best thing about using Elegant themes is that it comes at an unbelievable price of just $80 (10% discount when you sign up using our link). You can get full access to their over 80 excellent premium WordPress themes by paying just $80.
Click here to get Elegant themes for just $80 (10% coupon applied)
That being said, Elegant themes offers 2 pricing options which are listed below.
- Yearly access (costs $80 for 1 year and you’ll get access to over 80 themes along with 5 plugins and Divi theme builder)
- Lifetime access (costs $224 for lifetime, along with lifetime updates, theme and plugin downloads with lifetime support and Divi builder)
- Access to over 80 themes
- Access to all plugins
- Theme updates
- Divi builder
- Premium support
- Use on unlimited sites
You’ll also get a 30 day money back guarantee with Elegant themes, so you can ask for a full refund if you’re not happy with their themes or features within 30 days after signing up.
- Access to Divi, Extra, Bloom & Monarch which help you easily customize your sites however you want
- Hundreds of website packs
- Constant product updates
- Premium customer support
- Unlimited sites usage
- You’ll get access to over 80 premium themes just for $80 (with our 10% discount)
- Using their yearly access, you need to pay them every year as it doesn’t offer provide you lifetime updates or support (although you can use their themes forever even if you don’t plan to upgrade every year)
GeneratePress is considered as one of the fastest loading premium WordPress themes as it’s cleanly optimized lightweight theme. It will work with almost every page builder and also offers you a ton of useful documentation to customize your sites however you want.
How much does it cost?
So how much does GeneratePress cost you?
GeneratePress WordPress theme offers you a free version as well as a premium version with all the features and it costs you just $49.95 for 1 year. You’ll also get a 40% discount from the next year if you’re an existing customer (which is really great).
Premium version of GeneratePress theme features include;
- All premium modules
- Full access to the Site Library
- Unlimited websites
- 1 year of updates
- 1 year of customer support
- 40% renewal discount
You’ll also get a 30 day money back guarantee with this theme.
All in all, GeneratePress is great for everyone who is looking for affordable themes which is faster and more secure and you are also free to use their Premium version on as many websites as you like, whether they’re for your own sites or your client websites.
- SEO optimized theme
- 100% mobile responsive
- Extensive documentation
- Excellent customer support
- Use it on unlimited sites
- Compatible with a ton of page builders
- WooCommerce support (so you can easily build eCommerce sites as well)
- Lightweight theme (which means, it takes very less time to load)
- Also available for free (but with limited features when compared to the premium version)
- Extremely affordable as it costs you just $49.95
- Free version of this theme has limited features (and their premium version is completely worth the money)
3. My Theme Shop
If you’re looking for SEO friendly, fastest loading and professional looking premium WordPress themes, you should definitely check out the themes made by ‘My Theme Shop’ which is used by over 600,000 people around the world.
How much does it cost?
MyThemeShop offers you around 16 free themes which you can check out from here.
Besides that, premium MyThemeShop membership offers several plans which are listed below.
You can pay for one theme that you want (and the pricing varies from $19 to $35 per year).
It also offers you “unlimited benefits” with 3 plans which are included below.
- License for 1 site where you can get access to over 150 WordPress themes & plugins with priority 24x7x365 support and it costs you $99.47 per year
- License for 3 sites where you can get access to over 150 WordPress themes & plugins with priority 24x7x365 support and it costs you $197 per year
- License for unlimited sites where you can get access to over 150 WordPress themes & plugins with priority 24x7x365 support and it costs you $420 per year
- You’ll get access to over 150 WordPress themes & plugins
- Access to all new products for a complete year or the lifetime if you never cancel
- Access to PSD files
- Lifetime usage
- Copyright removal
- Priority bug fixing
- Use the products on your clients’ websites as well (only with their unlimited plan)
- Support for clients & projects (only with their unlimited plan)
- 24/7 priority support
- HD video tutorials
- SEO optimized themes
It also offers you a 30 days money back policy so you can ask for a refund if you’re not satisfied with their themes or products.
- You can’t use their themes on unlimited sites (unlike Genesis, GeneratePress and so on) as MyThemeShop license allows you to use their themes only up to five websites owned by you (so you can’t use it for your client websites either)
FAQs About Genesis And StudioPress Themes
Here’s a list of few interesting questions around Genesis and StudioPress themes that you should know about.
Genesis framework can be considered as a “super theme” or parent theme which comes with a bare body but it’s fully SEO optimized, mobile responsive and loads really fast. To customize your site however you want, you can install Genesis “child themes” on their framework and instantly your website look changes.
It is premium WordPress theme framework which handles all the design and layout aspects of your WordPress sites such as sidebar, content layouts, menus, footer section, landing pages and so on.
If you want only Genesis exclusive framework, it costs you $59.95 which is a one time fee.
They also offer another pricing option which is called Pro plus membership where you can download their entire theme collection (you’ll find dozens of premium themes in their collection) and it costs you $499.95 and it’s a one time fee.
A child theme is another lightweight theme that sits on top of their framework and offers you easy to customize and new layout along with few other design elements such as landing pages, menu, footer etc for your sites.
If you want a mobile responsive, clean coded and lightweight theme with unlimited sites usage and lifetime access at an affordable rate, Genesis is just for you. It helps you install any child theme (that supports their framework) you want to give a fresh and unique look to your websites. They also release constant updates which makes it an awesome deal.
Final Thoughts on Genesis Theme Framework
There is a reason why 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress and use Genesis on their WordPress sites.
Genesis theme is not only affordable, but it also has in-built features like SEO friendly design, easily customizable element, mobile responsiveness, great customer support etc
If you’re desperately looking to give a unique and appealing look to your WordPress sites, Genesis is a great choice for you.
So what are you waiting for? Go grab Genesis theme framework for WordPress today and let us know if you have any questions in the comments.