Product Name: Genesis
Want to make your WordPress design appealing, responsive and SEO friendly? Try Genesis Framework then. It is not only SEO friendly but can also be customized with ease.
Here’s our detailed review of Genesis framework along with a few alternatives. You can also use the following link try Genesis Pro to get access to all the StudioPress themes, and support
Are you looking for the Genesis framework review? You’re in the right place.
The first impression is the last impression when it comes to online.
You need an appealing website design if you want better conversions and audience retention rates on your blog.
You also need a website design that’s FAST and SECURE.
If you’re looking for a clean coded and easy-to-use theme, the Genesis framework is exclusively for you.
It is perfectly optimized for search engines, mobile responsive, and well-coded for all kinds of websites.
Here’s our in-depth review of Genesis with all the features, pros, cons, pricing, and few other alternatives to it.
Table of Contents ☰
- Honest Review of Genesis Framework Along With Its Alternatives
- Why Choose Genesis Over Other Premium Themes?
- How to Get Genesis Child Themes for Free?
- Top 3 Genesis Theme Alternatives
- Final Thoughts
Honest Review of Genesis Framework Along With Its Alternatives
Quick note: Genesis framework is FREE as it is open-source now. But if you want Genesis Pro to get access to powerful website building tools for WordPress, you need to pay $360/year.
Here’s a list of some of the amazing features offered by the Genesis theme.
- FREE for everyone!
- Mobile responsive theme
- One-click theme setup
- Search engine friendly framework
- Access to Gutenberg block editor
- A lightweight premium WordPress theme framework
- One-column, Two-columns, Three-columns options
- Provides theme customizer which helps you tweak the theme’s settings, colors, and content and see a preview of those changes in real-time
- Custom page templates, custom-background, custom-header, and custom-menu
- Customizable header so you can upload your own logo
What is Genesis framework?
Genesis framework can be treated as a premium WordPress theme (aka super theme) that handles all the design and layout aspects of your WordPress sites.
Genesis is a powerful framework designed by experts to provide you a search engine optimized, lightweight, and mobile responsive framework for your sites.
Think of your website as a car. WordPress acts as the engine of your car.
Genesis can be considered as your car’s frame and body (in other words, it’s responsible for your website’s basic design, security, SEO foundation).
The good thing about using Genesis is it supports a wide range of (hundreds of) child themes that you can install on their framework to customize and change the look of your website effortlessly.
To put it simply, a child theme can be treated as a paint job on that car (you can include any color you want such as red, blue, yellow, black, and so on).
So why go for Genesis framework when you’ve access to so many other WordPress themes? Here are some of the biggest benefits.
It’s FREE now!
Whether you know it or not, the cost of the Genesis framework was around $60.
Now… it’s completely free. It’s an open source framework now.
You can grab it FREE from here. All you need to do is to enter your name and email and request the zip file download containing the Genesis Framework. That’s it!
If you’re interested, you can visit this link to see a live demo of Genesis.
Access to page building blocks
Genesis Framework gives you exclusive access to an incredible plugin called “Genesis Blocks” which helps you add a ton of site-building blocks to help you customize page layouts.
The plugin is totally free and you can download it from here. If you’re curious about what you can do with this plugin, here are some of its features.
- Customize page layouts
- Customizable buttons
- Full-page layout designs
- Additional content blocks
- Newsletter Block
- Pricing Block
- Post Grid Block
- Container Block
- Testimonial Block and many more
To put it simply, this is their plugin for Gutenburg which is used for premium block library and block editor enhancements.
This plugin has free and paid versions. You cannot buy its pro version separately as it comes for free with the Genesis Pro subscription.
Offers a ton of useful add-on plugins
One big reason most people choose the Genesis framework is that it offers exclusive add-on plugins. You can check out all the StudiPress plugins from here.
If you’re curious to find what they are, here are some of those plugins.
- Genesis Blocks is a collection of page building blocks for the Gutenberg block editor
- Genesis Custom Blocks provides all the tools you need to take control of the block-first reality of WordPress
Search engine optimized framework
One BIG reason to grab Genesis framework is that it is fully optimized for the search engines like Google. It offers you clean, optimized code along with clever design architecture, which means, you don’t have to do extra coding work on your website design to get additional SEO benefits.
Genesis is developed by a team of WordPress experts and developers who have years of experience in building search engine friendly websites and they have carefully crafted their framework to meet all your SEO needs.
Unlimited websites & Support
Another big reason to pay for Genesis is it lets you use their framework on any number of sites you own. If you want to use and install their framework on your client websites, you can do that too. Isn’t it a wonderful package?
Also, it offers unlimited support. Once you purchase Genesis Pro for $360, you’ll get access to their customer support team. You’ll also get access to their community forum where you can find lots of threads around customizing your framework and website design.
Most beginners who use premium themes find it really hard to customize their site.
But when you’re using Genesis, you don’t need to go through a ton of tutorials or videos as it lets you customize your theme design however you want as it offers you a ton of widgets, layouts, and so on.
Professional customer support assistance
One of the reasons most people choose the Genesis framework over other premium frameworks or themes is because of their expert support.
In fact, you can also outsource your website design if you want to make it look unique and appealing from their developers. They will design and customize your website look from scratch by taking care of your brand.
You can also check out the sites in their showcase to see how those developers build websites.
How Much Does Genesis Framework Cost?
First things first: Genesis framework is FREE as it is open-source now.
If you want to grab the Genesis framework for free, visit this page.
Once you’re on the page, enter your name and email address and you’ll get access to a zip file download containing the Genesis framework.
But if you want to get access to Genesis Pro, you need to pay $360 (plus tax) per year.
What You Will Get with Genesis Pro?
Here are some of the incredible things you’ll get with Genesis Pro.
- Access to Genesis Pro
- Access to block library
- Content sections and full-page layouts
- Custom block builder
- Free access to Genesis framework
- Use on unlimited sites
- Access to 35 StudioPress-made premium child themes
- You can use it on unlimited sites
- Access to 24/7 chat support
Once you’ve access to the Genesis Pro, you’ll get instant access and support to Genesis and all the StudioPress-made themes.
Does Genesis Pro offer a money-back guarantee?
Yes, Genesis Pro comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
How to Get Genesis Child Themes for Free?
Want to know how to get Genesis child themes for FREE?
There are two ways to do it.
- Purchase hosting from WP Engine
- Purchase hosting from Flywheel
1. WP Engine: WP Engine offers powerful managed WordPress hosting that is optimized for speed and security.
Features offered by WP Engine:
- 24/7 support
- 10 premium themes from StudioPress
- Free automated migrations
- Daily backups
- Free SSL and SSH
- One-click staging site
Here are the pricing packages of WP Engine.
- Startup plan costs you $22.50/mo where you can manage 1 website
- Professional plan costs you $44.25/mo where you can manage 3 websites
- Growth plan costs you $86.25/mo where you can manage 10 websites
- Scale plan costs you $217.50/mo where you can manage 30 websites
2. Flywheel: Flywheel also offers managed WordPress hosting along with an easy-to-use dashboard that makes it easy to manage your sites.
Features offered by Flywheel:
- Free SSL
- 10 premium themes from StudioPress
- Superfast website speeds
- Hacker-free security
- Nightly backups
- Reimagined SFTP
- Global Availability
- Staging sites
- Site cloning and free demo sites
Here are the pricing packages of Flywheel.
- Tiny plan costs you $12 per month where you can install 1 website
- Starter plan costs you $23 per month where you can install 1 website
- Freelance plan costs you $87 per month where you can install 10 websites
- Agency plan costs you $218 per month where you can install 30 websites
When you purchase hosting from any of these web hosts, you will get access to 10 Genesis child themes for FREE. You can check out all the StudioPress themes from here.
The best part? You’ll also get customer support for Genesis Framework and themes when you purchase hosting from either of the web hosts WP Engine or Flywheel.
Pros & Cons of Genesis Framework
Here’s the list of pros and cons of Genesis.
- It’s Gutenberg ready
- SEO-optimized framework
- Genesis framework is FREE to use
- It’s completely mobile responsive so your website will be perfectly optimized for every browser, device and screen size
- You’ll get access to all the 10 StudioPress themes when you grab hosting from either WP Engine or Flywheel
- You can use this framework on unlimited sites including on your client websites
- You’ll also get access to unlimited updates from Genesis for lifetime
- Custom page templates
- 24/7 customer support along with forums
- Lots of theme widgets to easily add ads to banners to literally anything you want
- The Genesis Pro costs $360 per year (which is expensive to most users)
Top 3 Genesis Theme Alternatives
If you’re looking for some other alternatives to Genesis, here are a few of them which are affordable and also offer you plenty of useful features to build your WordPress sites.
1. Elegant themes
Elegant themes is used by over 600,000 people worldwide and it is one of the very few premium theme networks that offer you stunning themes at affordable prices. You will also get access to Divi, Extra, Bloom, Monarch etc along with their Elegant themes purchase.
How much does it cost?
The best thing about using Elegant themes is that it comes at an unbelievable price of just $80 (10% discount when you sign up using our link). You can get full access to their over 80 excellent premium WordPress themes by paying just $80.
That being said, Elegant themes offers 2 pricing options which are listed below.
- Yearly access (costs $80 for 1 year and you’ll get access to over 80 themes along with 5 plugins and Divi theme builder)
- Lifetime access (costs $224 for lifetime, along with lifetime updates, theme and plugin downloads with lifetime support and Divi builder)
- Access to over 80 themes
- Access to all plugins
- Theme updates
- Divi builder
- Premium support
- Use on unlimited sites
You’ll also get a 30 day money back guarantee with Elegant themes, so you can ask for a full refund if you’re not happy with their themes or features within 30 days after signing up.
- Access to Divi, Extra, Bloom & Monarch which help you easily customize your sites however you want
- Hundreds of website packs
- Constant product updates
- Premium customer support
- Unlimited sites usage
- You’ll get access to over 80 premium themes just for $80 (with our 10% discount)
- Using their yearly access, you need to pay them every year as it doesn’t offer provide you lifetime updates or support (although you can use their themes forever even if you don’t plan to upgrade every year)
GeneratePress is considered as one of the fastest loading premium WordPress themes as it’s cleanly optimized lightweight theme. It will work with almost every WordPress page builder and also offers you a ton of useful documentation to customize your sites however you want.
How much does it cost?
So how much does GeneratePress cost you?
GeneratePress WordPress theme offers you a free version as well as a premium version with all the features and it costs you just $49.95 for 1 year. You’ll also get a 40% discount from the next year if you’re an existing customer (which is really great).
Premium version of GeneratePress theme features include;
- All premium modules
- Full access to the Site Library
- Unlimited websites
- 1 year of updates
- 1 year of customer support
- 40% renewal discount
You’ll also get a 30 day money back guarantee with this theme.
All in all, GeneratePress is great for everyone who is looking for affordable themes which is faster and more secure and you are also free to use their Premium version on as many websites as you like, whether they’re for your own sites or your client websites.
- SEO optimized theme
- 100% mobile responsive
- Extensive documentation
- Excellent customer support
- Use it on unlimited sites
- Compatible with a ton of page builders
- WooCommerce support (so you can easily build eCommerce sites as well)
- Lightweight theme (which means, it takes very less time to load)
- Also available for free (but with limited features when compared to the premium version)
- Extremely affordable as it costs you just $49.95
- Free version of this theme has limited features (and their premium version is completely worth the money)
3. My Theme Shop
If you’re looking for SEO friendly, fastest loading and professional looking premium WordPress themes, you should definitely check out the themes made by ‘My Theme Shop’ which is used by over 600,000 people around the world.
How much does it cost?
MyThemeShop offers you 4 free themes which you can check out from here.
Besides that, premium MyThemeShop membership offers several plans which are listed below.
You can pay for one theme that you want (and the pricing varies from $19 to $35 per year).
It also offers you “unlimited benefits” with 3 plans which are included below.
- License for 1 site where you can get access to over 150 WordPress themes & plugins with priority 24x7x365 support and it costs you $99.47 per year
- License for 3 sites where you can get access to over 150 WordPress themes & plugins with priority 24x7x365 support and it costs you $197 per year
- License for unlimited sites where you can get access to over 150 WordPress themes & plugins with priority 24x7x365 support and it costs you $420 per year
- You’ll get access to over 150 WordPress themes & plugins
- Access to all new products for a complete year or the lifetime if you never cancel
- Access to PSD files
- Lifetime usage
- Copyright removal
- Priority bug fixing
- Use the products on your clients’ websites as well (only with their unlimited plan)
- Support for clients & projects (only with their unlimited plan)
- 24/7 priority support
- HD video tutorials
- SEO optimized themes
It also offers you a 30 days money back policy so you can ask for a refund if you’re not satisfied with their themes or products.
- You can’t use their themes on unlimited sites (unlike Genesis, GeneratePress and so on) as MyThemeShop license allows you to use their themes only up to five websites owned by you (so you can’t use it for your client websites either)
Here’s a list of few interesting questions around Genesis and StudioPress themes that you should know about.
Genesis framework can be considered as a “super theme” or parent theme which comes with a bare body but it’s fully SEO optimized, mobile responsive and loads really fast. To customize your site however you want, you can install Genesis “child themes” on their framework and instantly your website look changes.
It is a premium WordPress theme framework that handles all the design and layout aspects of your WordPress sites such as sidebar, content layouts, menus, footer section, landing pages and so on.
If you want only Genesis exclusive framework, it’s completely free to download.
It also offers a premium version called Genesis Pro where you can download their entire theme collection (you’ll find dozens of premium themes in their collection) and it costs you $360/year.
A child theme is another lightweight theme that sits on top of their framework and offers you easy to customize and new layout along with few other design elements such as landing pages, menu, footer etc for your sites.
Yes, the Genesis framework is fully mobile responsive. It means, your website will be perfectly optimized for every browser, device, and screen size.
Over 600,000 websites use the Genesis framework on their WordPress sites.
If you’re looking for clean and optimized code, the Genesis theme is just for you. It also has in-built features like SEO friendly design, easily customizable elements, mobile responsiveness, great customer support, etc
If you’re desperately looking to give a unique and appealing look to your WordPress sites, the Genesis framework is a great choice for you.