Google PageRank Update December 2013
There is great news for all website owners and bloggers who were waiting for a PR Update from Google as page rank update is currently going on. It may take some time for this PR update to get settle. If you don’t know about this PR Update from Google, just check out your website latest page rank and share your reaction on the same in the comments section by clicking the Prchecker.info link.
Nobody was expecting a PR update from Google this year at least as was claimed by lots of SEO blogs and Matt Cutts also tweeted sometime back like he will be surprised if there is a PR update this year. Here I’m sharing Matt Cutts earlier tweet in this regard:
@NielsBoschh I would be surprised if that happened.
— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) October 6, 2013
Google PageRank Update for Bloggers Passion
This Google PageRank Update brings in no change for Bloggers Passion blog i.e. It’s remain PR 3. For some of internal pages that were created by recently, received their first page rank. In February 2013 PR Update as well, BloggersPassion blog was PR 3.
We can see our updated Page Rank through Google Toolbar, different tools available on internet and through websites established to show current page rank for a website.
As far as the traffic on my blog is concerned, it’s moving in the right direction and increasing all the time.
Google PageRank Update History
If we believe on speculations, current PR update has finished by now and the last PR update was done on 07th November, 2012 by Google. Here is a historic data of latest Page Rank Updates done by Google:
Google PR Updates Dates List
- 06 December, 2013
- 04 February, 2013
- 07 November, 2012
- 02 August 2012
- 04th May 2012
- 6th February 2012
- 7th November 2011
- 04th August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- January 2011
- April 2010
- 31st December 2009
- 27th May 2009
Google PR 10 Websites List
Google Page Rank varies from 0 to 10, zero being the lowest page rank a website can get and 10 being the maximum page rank Google used to assign to a website. There are very few websites as of now that are carrying a perfect page rank of 10. Here is the list of those websites that having Google PR 10 in this current update from Google with their respective Alexa Rankings:
- USA.gov – Alexa Rank: 4459
- Adobe Reader – Alexa Rank: 73
- HHS.gov – Alexa Rank: 9770
- AddThis – Alexa Rank: 159
- EUA.be – Alexa Rank: 399791
- Universitas 21 – Alexa Rank: 432389
- Twitter – Alexa Rank: 10
- Universia.es – Alexa Rank: 34010
- Coimbra Group – Alexa Rank: 1228487
- LERU.org – Alexa Rank: 1470248
If you know of any other website or blog having perfect page rank of 10, please share in the comments section, I will append that to this list here.
If we believe the Alexa Rankings numbers for above mentioned websites, there will be huge traffic and popularity gab between these websites. No doubt, page rank is one of rankings factor on Google, but it’s the only one. If that was the case, websites having perfect page rank of 10 cannot have Alexa Rankings in 7 digits or even six digits.
Google Page Rank Importance
In the recent times, importance of Google page rank has got down a bit. But still Google considers it as one of many factors it takes into consideration while deciding search engine rankings for your website for its targeted terms. So your website has chances of getting high rankings on Google search at least if you own a high PR blog or website. When it comes about deciding the credibility or popularity of a website, Google PR remains to be one of deciding factor. Apart from this, potential advertiser’s love to place their ads on high PR blogs and website only.
If you are accepting guest posts on your blog, most of guest bloggers will only be interested in guest blogging on your blog if you have a blog with decent traffic and page rank. If you have a niche specific website with little traffic but has high page rank, can be sold on Flippa Marketplace easily for thousands of dollars.
We as website or blog owner proud to tell, we have that much high PR website or blog. And in case we are not satisfied with current PR of our blog, we look at all possible ways to improve that. If also owns a blog and don’t satisfied with your blog current page rank and looking at ways to improve it, I’m sharing some tips to help you with the same. I am going to implement these tips to improve my own blog page rank in the next Google PageRank Update.
In case you want know about how Google PageRank Update Works, check out this Matt Cutts Video on YouTube:
How to Increase or Improve Google Page Rank
Increasing the page rank for a website is big topic in itself. So I will be talking about ways to increase page rank for a website in brief only here. In the coming days, I will create a separate post explaining how you can improve Page rank of your website.
- Write Quality and targeted content on your website at regular interval
- Build high quality, targeted backlinks from high pr websites and blogs based in your niche
- Write articles and submit them to few top article directories. Don’t submit the same article to too many article publishing websites
- Do blog commenting on top blogs in your niche
- Find the list of top blogs in your niche that accept guest posts and start submitting your guest posts on those blogs
- Get your website listed in top web directories in your niche
- Promote your website links on social media networks
- Generate links by creating free blogs on Blogger.com, WordPress.com and Weebly.com kind of free blogging websites
- Get links from Squidoo and Hubpages.com kind of websites
- Lower down the number of links going from your blog or website home page
- Submit your website pages into popular Social Bookmarking websites
Articles for Further Readings to Improve Google Page Rank
- Link Building Tips and Techniques Followed by Successful Bloggers
- Free Website Traffic: 20 Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Website
- Blog Exposure: 10 Free Ways to Get More Exposure, Traffic and Subscribers to Your Blog
Now Questions time. How this Google PageRank Update did for you? Did you see any major improvement or drop in your website page rank in this Google PR Update, please share your thoughts and concerns in this regard in the comments section below.