Want to know how to quickly get Google sitelinks for your website or blog? You’re in the right place.
Hands down, Google traffic is the #1 traffic source for any website. Why? You get A TON of traffic by following the RIGHT SEO strategies that too for free.
But increasing your search engine traffic is A LOT hard. There’s a quick way though! Getting Google Sitelinks search box.
If you’re looking for the best practices for quickly getting Google sitelinks for your site, this detailed tutorial is exclusively for you.
So what are sitelinks? Google sitelinks are links that allow search users to quickly navigate to specific pages on a website.
Sitelinks appear as a series of links under the main link to a website in the SERP results. These links are often the most popular sub-pages related to the website you searched and lead to the internal pages of the website.
For example, if you search for “BloggersPassion” on Google, you may see sitelinks for “About”, “Best Indian Blogs to Read”, etc under the main link to the website.
Here’s what it looks like;
Sitelinks are generated automatically by Google, based on various factors such as your website’s structure, the popularity of individual pages on your site, etc.
Basically, the use of Google sitelinks is that they can improve the usability of a website and help visitors find the information they’re looking for.
So are you curious to learn how to get Google sitelinks for your website? Let’s jump into the details without much ado.
Table of Contents
- What are Google Sitelinks?
- Google Sitelinks: How To Get Sitelinks for Your Website?
- Google Sitelinks Best Practices: How to Get Sitelinks For Your Blog?
- FAQs | Google Sitelinks
- Final Thoughts About Getting Google Sitelinks Quickly
For BloggersPassion, we’re currently seeing FOUR sitelinks below the main page and this combined with the “see more results from BloggersPassion”. Click here to see the aura of BloggersPasssion sitelinks in the search results.
In case you’re curious, here are the links to all those pages;
- How to Start a Blog in 2023
- About BloggersPassion & Anil
- Best Indian Blogs to Read
- Most Profitable Niches List
Here’s a thing to remember: Google will NOT show the sitelinks if the structure of your website doesn’t allow their algorithms to find good sitelinks. They’ll only be displayed for results when Google thinks they’ll be useful to the user.
Here are some of the benefits of getting Google sitelinks for your website.
- Better visitor experience as the sitelinks provide more options for searchers to find high-quality pages of a website. These links can help users find the information they’re looking for on your website more easily.
- They improve your organic click-through rates. Sitelinks help you get more clicks from visitors to other popular posts on your site.
- Better authority as the sitelinks can help build trustworthiness to your website.
- They often increase your brand and product awareness no matter what industry you’re in. Why? Because sitelinks are usually awarded to sites that have quality content with a good number of branded searches, and their site hierarchy is well-structured.
- Google sitelinks can help you get higher rankings in search results.
- Google sitelinks can help your website users navigate around your website and find various pages easily.
- They can improve the visibility of your website in search results.
Now that you know the importance of getting those links for bloggers, you may ask, how to get those links for your websites?
Remember that these organic sitelinks are completely an automated process and Google literally allows little or no control as to what goes into forming the site links.
However, there are certain tips that actually help in sitelink formation for your website.
1. Choose a distinctive domain name
Choosing a memorable name that’s unique is one of the best ways to get sitelinks for your site.
If you have a generic domain name for your blog, it might be difficult to get sitelinks unless you have a lot of authority links from your niche.
If you already have a good domain name and still not getting sitelinks, then you should start building a brand for your website or business.
Here are some of the best ways to build your brand;
- Creating social media profiles with all the branded usernames matching your website’s name
- Get testimonials and reviews from customers
- Show the authority site’s logos if you’ve published guest posts (or got links from top sites)
The best example is Smart Passive Income. The founder Pat Flynn has a HUGE online presence and it’s no wonder his blog gets sitelinks.
That being said, just for the sake of getting Google sitelinks, don’t change your website’s name unless you really hate it.
If you’re trying to build a new website, it’s always a good idea to choose a domain name that’s unique.
2. Create highly informative pages
No matter what industry you’re in, create informative pages that describe your site.
Pages like About, Contact, Services, etc often have more weightage as they describe your brand or website.
Also, make sure to build as many links as possible from various sources to these pages to rank them in sitelinks.
Creating informative pages triggers Google in showing pages like the about page to your visitors because Google might think that’s what your visitors might be looking for.
Eventually, Google will start showing your popular blog posts and pages to the site link structure as your blog grows in popularity and traffic.
3. Your website structure is important
No matter whether you use WordPress or any other blogging platform, as far as you maintain a proper website structure, you can reap the benefits of seeing Google sitelinks.
Website structure (also referred to as site architecture) simply means how a website’s pages and its content are structured in relation to other content on the page and between pages.
Website structure is all about showing a flow to the visitors about the important pages/posts on your site. This can be achieved by having a clear and simple navigational menu that locates the important pages, categories of articles in your blog section, etc.
Also make sure how your blog’s content links to each other, how it’s grouped together (in categories), and how visitors experience your content.
It’s always a good idea to have a silo structure on your website for the best results.
In case you’re wondering, silos are basically a way to separate your blog’s content into multiple categories. Here’s a simple illustration that explains the silo structure.
So what are you waiting for? Implement a silo structure and organize your content hierarchically to improve your chances of getting Google sitelinks for your site.
For example, if you’re eBooks on your website, you could create a silo structure like this;
Home page > eBooks > SEO eBooks > “THE SEO PLAYBOOK”
Internal linking is one of the best ways to spread the link juice to important posts on your site.
Internal linking also helps with better crawling and improves the overall usability of your content.
Google itself says adding internal links with better anchor text can help with sitelinks.
This is evident from Google’s own best practices: (check the image below)
This means that adding internal links to your most important pages with proper ALT tags clearly gives you an edge in the sitelink game.
5. Sitemaps can be extremely helpful
Whether you get sitelinks or not, having an XML sitemap is a MUST for your website’s SEO.
Sitemaps can help search engines crawl and index your website so that the content within it can be indexed and ranked.
Sitemaps allow Google crawlers to see the complete structure of your website and retrieve it more efficiently.
Here’s a simple illustration of a sitemap structure of a website;
Make sure to sign up for a Webmaster Tools account (which is free) as it helps you quickly check your website’s indexing status, search queries, crawl errors, and more.
Also, we recommend you set up a Google Analytics account that helps you track your website traffic and better understand your user behavior.
That being said, creating a sitemap is easy for most WordPress users as you can install an SEO plugin like Rank Math to create and manage your sitemaps.
Otherwise, you can also install the free plugin called XML sitemaps to automatically create XML sitemaps.
Note that, after following all the above things, it takes some time to get Google sitelinks for your site. So be patient and keep implementing the best SEO strategies to improve your website’s SEO.
Browse more SEO Tutorials:
- Ultimate SEO Tutorial For Beginners In 2023
- How to Get Google Featured Snippets
- People Also Ask SEO: How to Optimize & Rank for PAA Related Queries
- Frequently Asked Questions Answers About SEO
- Top 10 SEO Myths to Avoid to Get Better Search Rankings
- Best On-page SEO Techniques to Get Top Rankings on Google in 2023
- Off-Page SEO Techniques to Get Top Rankings on Google in 2023
Here are some of the frequently asked questions around Google sitelinks.
Google Sitelinks are simply the links to your site pages below the main heading of your site shown in Google search results.
Sitelinks will help you with a richer visitor experience, better CTR, and more authority.
Choosing a brand name for your blog, writing high-quality content, creating a well-structured site, smart internal linking, using sitemaps, etc. can help get Google Sitelinks for your site.
It may vary from a few days to a few months even as there are lots of factors that determine how quickly it will be indexed by Google.
Install and set up Google Analytics & Search Console for your website. Start publishing quality content, internal linking, social sharing, sitemap, etc. to get Google to quickly index your new site.
If you want to remove a sitelink, you can consider removing the page from your website or using the “noindex” tag to deindex the page from SERP results.
Google uses various algorithms to analyze your website’s link structure to find the BEST pages that it considers will save users time. Then, it will show them as the sitelinks. This process is done automatically!
- Best Moz Alternatives for 2023
- Gray Hat SEO Techniques to Uplift Your Website Rankings
- Rank Math SEO Review: Is It Better than Yoast?
- Future of SEO: 5 Trends that Will Impact Your Website Rankings in 2023
- SEO Silo Structure: The #1 Way to Outrank Even Authority Sites
- Serpstat Coupon Code: Grab 25% Discount Now
- Types of SEO: What They Are & How to Use Them
Getting Google Sitelinks to your sites is one of the best ways to get more clicks and visibility.
Google sitelinks can increase your overall brand awareness and trust. Unfortunately, there’s no guide given by Google on how to get those links for your sites, so you need to make sure to create a sitemap, structure your pages nicely, and use internal links to the most important posts on your sites, etc.
So what do you think about the sitelinks? Does your website get Google sitelinks? Have any questions? Let us know in the comments.