HostGator Hosting Plans
Here’s a list of all the 6 hosting plans from HostGator along with pricing, features and special discount. You’ll discover the best hosting plan from HostGator here.
HostGator is one of the biggest hosting companies in the world that offers exceptional hosting choices at affordable prices. So if you’re looking for HostGator hosting plans, you’re in the right place.
The best thing about using HostGator is it offers hosting solutions for almost all kinds of websites ranging from entry level websites to small business websites to high traffic sites.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re running a new website or a Fortune 500 company website, you can find hosting plans that are suitable for your website needs from HostGator.
That being said, let’s review various HostGator hosting plans with essential details such as pricing and features so you can decide the right hosting plan from HostGator. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- 6 HostGator Hosting Plans Review With Features And Pricing in 2019
- What are the different plans offered by HostGator?
- What makes HostGator unique from its competitors?
- FAQs About HostGator Hosting Plans 2019
6 HostGator Hosting Plans Review With Features And Pricing in 2019
What are the different plans offered by HostGator?
First things first. HostGator offers several hosting options. HostGator is currently offering 6 types of web hosting plans which are listed below.
- Shared web hosting
- Cloud web hosting
- WordPress web hosting
- Reseller web hosting
- VPS web hosting
- Dedicated web hosting
Let’s talk about each one of them in detail along with their features, pricing, pros and cons and so you can easily find out the best web hosting plan that suits both your website and budget needs from HostGator.
Majority of the people use HostGator primarily because of its shared hosting. A shared hosting environment is where multiple users share the same resources to run their websites.
Since many websites reside on one web server, hosting companies like HostGator are able to offer shared web hosting services at cheaper prices and shared hosting is best and budget friendly option for beginners and entry level websites.
What are the different shared web hosting pricing plans offered by HostGator?
HostGator offers excellent shared hosting features at extremely attractive prices.Here’s a list of various HostGator web hosting plans in shared web hosting environment.
Let’s now talk about each one of them along with pricing and we’ll also talk about Hostgator Baby Plan vs. Business Plan (which are almost same in features).
Hatchling: Perfect choice for entry level websites with low website traffic. It is also the cheapest hosting choice from HostGator where you can install 1 WordPress website which costs you $2.75 per month.
Baby: Baby plan is what we highly recommend for anyone who wants the best plan from HostGator where you can install unlimited sites which costs you $5.95 per month.
Business: Right now, there’s an exclusive offer going on HostGator Business plan where you can get it just for $5.95 per month and get all the features from Baby plan along with exclusive features like free upgrade to Positive SSL, free Dedicated IP, free SEO Tools worth $50/year.
If you closely look at the above Hostgator Baby Plan vs. Business Plan, you’ll notice that it’s better to go for Business plan as it also has the same pricing for a limited time.
So what are you waiting for? Go use this shared hosting plan as it one of the cheapest HostGator hosting plans to start a website.
Click here to try HostGator shared hosting
Features list of HostGator shared web hosting:
- Extremely easy to use control panel which can be used even by complete beginners to install WordPress or Joomla sites within minutes with 1 click installs
- Unmetered bandwidth, Unlimited Sub Domains, FTP Accounts and Email Accounts
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- 45 day money back guarantee
- $100 Google Adwords offer and $100 Bing Adwords offer to market your website or business
- Free website transfer, domain transfer, MYSQL transfer and script transfer
- Unlimited MySQL databases with phpMyAdmin access
- Automatic weekly Off-Site data backups to restore your website data in case of lose
- 24/7/365 web hosting server monitoring to protect your websites
Pros of HostGator shared web hosting
- Extremely affordable pricing plans with a ton of useful features like unlimited bandwidth, email accounts, websites etc
- Easy to operate because of cPanel (control panel) and 1 click installs
- Ideal for small to medium websites with decent traffic
- 24/7/365 customer support via phone and live chat
- SSL certification for free with all the shared hosting plans from HostGator
- Monthly hosting plans are available
Cons of HostGator shared web hosting
- Since all the resources are shared among other websites, the website speed and performance will not be as fast as other hosting choices like VPS or managed hosting
- Not as much secured features included in shared hosting environment
- Limited administrative access
2. Hostgator Cloud web hosting
Cloud hosting allows you to use the resources of multiple servers rather than being limited to a single server (unlike shared hosting where multiple sites use the same server).
Cloud web hosting is cost effective and offers extremely superior website speed, performance and scalability and you’ll see zero to less downtime issues even if you see a sudden growth in your website traffic.
The best part about using cloud hosting from HostGator is that you can easily monitor and distribute additional resources to your websites easily in case if you see a sudden growth in your website’s traffic. That means, you literally have total control over your usage.
What are the different cloud web hosting pricing plans offered by HostGator?
Here’s a list of various HostGator web hosting plans in cloud web hosting environment.
- Hatchling cloud
- Baby cloud
- Business cloud
Let’s now talk about each one of them along with pricing.
Hatchling cloud: Similar to Hatchling plan from shared hosting, this is also the starter plan from cloud hosting in HostGator which costs you $4.95 per month and best suitable for beginners and entry level websites that want cloud hosting (where you can install only 1 site).
Baby cloud: Using this plan, you can install unlimited sites which costs you $6.57 per month on cloud hosting.
Business cloud: This is the advanced cloud hosting plan from HostGator where you can install unlimited sites with advanced features like dedicated IP and this plan costs you $9.95 per month.
Features list of HostGator cloud web hosting
- Access to easy to use control panel that helps you easily create new email accounts, manage subdomains and more
- Free SSL certificate
- Unlimited subdomains, unlimited bandwidth and unmetered storage with every cloud web hosting plan
- Free upgrade to Positive SSL (with higher plan)
- Free dedicated IP (with higher plan)
- Free SEO tools to improve your site’s organic traffic and visibility
- Access to intuitive dashboard where you can easily view your website details such as usage trends, page download speed, uptime, global reach and more
Pros of HostGator cloud web hosting
- Up to 2X faster load times due to low density servers
- Includes premium hardware
- Access to multiple caching layers to speed up your website loading times
- Access to failover just in case if your website’s cloud hosting faces any hardware issues, your website can be switched to another server
- Access to data mirroring which automatically distributes three mirrored copies of your website’s data across multiple devices for safety and redundancy of your website
Cons of HostGator cloud web hosting
- Ongoing costs can be higher as your website grows when you’re hosted on cloud hosting environment
- Security concerns (not every website or business should place its data in the cloud, right?)
3. Hostgator WordPress web hosting
Are you a WordPress lover or do you want to migrate your WordPress to a managed web hosting? Then, go for WordPress web hosting choice from HostGator as it provides superior website performance at low prices.
The best part about using WordPress managed web hosting from HostGator is that it is introduced by keeping WordPress in mind so you get automatic WordPress updates, superior security, malware protection etc.
What are the different WordPress web hosting pricing plans offered by HostGator?
Here’s a list of various HostGator web hosting plans in WordPress web hosting environment.
- Starter plan
- Standard plan
- Business plan
Let’s now talk about each one of them along with pricing.
Starter plan: For WordPress hosting, this is the entry level hosting plan from HostGator which costs you $5.95 per month where you can install 1 website.
Standard plan: This is the widely used option from HostGator WordPress hosting platform which costs you $7.95 per month where you can install unlimited sites.
Business plan: This is the widely used option from HostGator WordPress hosting platform which costs you $9.95 per month where you can install unlimited sites with advanced features and more storage option.
Features list of HostGator WordPress web hosting
- You can install up to 3 Sites with 500k visits per month along with 3GB backups (higher hosting plan)
- Free SSL certificate with each hosting plan
- Free upgrade to Positive SSL
- You will get access to free SEO tools which are worth $50/year to drive more traffic and boost your online exposure from search engines like Google
- Unlimited email addresses
- Access to automated malware removal to safeguard your sites from malware attacks
- $100 Google AdWords credit to promote your business or website online for more exposure
Pros of HostGator WordPress web hosting
- You will get up to 2.5 times faster website load times
- Access to super charged cloud architecture, low-density servers and CDN for better website performance
- Access to multiple caching layers for faster website speeds
- Access to auto backup with one-click restores so you can get all your website’s data back in case of accidental loss or deletion
- Free website migration (so you can easily move from your existing hosting service to HostGator managed WordPress hosting for FREE)
- 24/7/365 phone support in case if you need any hosting related assistance
Cons of HostGator WordPress web hosting
- Only limited to WordPress platform
- Bit expensive when compared to other hosting plans such as shared hosting with almost similar features
- Less administrative control
4. Hostgator Reseller web hosting
Reseller hosting can be simply considered as white label hosting where your clients buy and host their websites through you as if you were the hosting company such as HostGator.
To put it simply, reseller hosting allows you to create your own web hosting company where you can offer various website features such as server maintenance, software, site uptime etc.
What are the different Reseller web hosting pricing plans offered by HostGator?
Here’s a list of various HostGator web hosting plans in reseller web hosting environment.
Let’s now talk about each one of them along with pricing.
Aluminium: This is the starter plan which gives you 60 GB disk, 600 GB bandwidth and unlimited domains which costs you $19.95 per month.
Copper: This is the medium range plan which most people use which gives you 90 GB disk, 900 GB bandwidth and unlimited domains which costs which costs you $24.95 per month
Silver: For a limited period of time, you can get this plan for the same amount you pay for the Copper reseller hosting plan which costs you $24.95 per month and get extra features like more storage, bandwidth etc.
Click here to get started with HostGator
Features list of HostGator Reseller web hosting
- 140 GB disk with 1400 GB bandwidth (higher plan)
- Host unlimited domains
- Free SSL with each plan
- Allows you to create cPanels for each of your clients
- Unmetered subdomains, Email accounts, MySQL Databases and FTP Accounts
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- Access to private nameservers
Pros of HostGator Reseller web hosting
- Resource allocation is in your hands that means, you can easily control the overall resource allocation to match your clients’ website needs
- 24/7/365 premium customer support via Phone and Live Chat
- Access to automatic weekly Off-Site data backups to restore all your website files and data if you lose anything accidentally
- Access to 24/7/365 server monitoring
Cons of HostGator Reseller web hosting
- In case if you’ve ever decided to migrate from HostGator to other hosting choice, there’ll be a ton of time and energy you need to put to migrate all of your websites or clients’ websites which are all hosted on HostGator reseller hosting platform.
- There’s no 100% control over your hosting services. In case of any downtime issues from HostGator, your clients’ websites also face the issues where they may get frustrated
5. Hostgator VPS web hosting
VPS (virtual private server) hosting gives you full root access that means you’ll get 100% access as an administrator where you can edit all of the files on your server including system-critical files.
With Hosgator VPS hosting, as an admin, you can also use full root access to easily install and uninstall programs on your server. To put it simply, VPS web hosting from HostGator combines is one of the best HostGator hosting plans with the features of both shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
What are the different VPS web hosting pricing plans offered by HostGator?
HostGator VPS hosting plans come in various pricing plans. HostGator is currently offering the following pricing plans in VPS web hosting environment.
- Snappy 2000
- Snappy 4000
- Snappy 8000
Let’s now talk about each one of the HostGator VPS hosting plans with pricing.
Snappy 2000: This is the starter plan which gives you 2 GB RAM, 120 GB disk space, 1.5 TB bandwidth and unlimited domains which costs you $29.95 per month
Snappy 4000: This is better for agencies which gives you 4 GB RAM, 165 GB disk space, 2 TB bandwidth and unlimited domains which costs you $39.95 per month
Snappy 8000: Great for big agencies and this is the advanced plan which gives you 8 GB RAM, 240 GB disk space, 3 TB bandwidth and unlimited domains which costs you $49.95 per month
Features list of HostGator VPS web hosting
- 8 GB RAM with 4 Cores CPU (higher plan)
- 240 GB Disk Space with 3 TB Bandwidth (higher plan)
- Host unlimited domains
- You can create unlimited sub domains, email addresses and databases
- Unlimited FTP accounts and private nameservers
Pros of HostGator VPS web hosting
- 24/7/365 via phone and live chat in case if you need any hosting related assistance
- Access to 1000s of free templates to design your website or landing pages
- Access to weekly off site backups so you can restore all your data just in case of lose
- Foot root access
- Powerful hardware which includes Intel and AMD
- Offers unlimited free cPanel to cPanel migrations to HostGator VPS Offering
Cons of HostGator VPS web hosting
- Expensive when compared to shared hosting services
- You need technical knowledge to maintain your sites on VPS hosting
So that’s all the HostGator VPS hosting plans currently offered by HostGator.
6. Hostgator Dedicated web hosting
Hostgator dedicated web hosting is where you can lease an entire server to host your websites. The entire server where your site is hosted upon will not be shared with anyone else. That’s why you get ultimate speeds even if you’ve a high traffic website which is getting millions of visitors a month.
What are the different dedicated web hosting pricing plans offered by HostGator?
Here’s a list of various HostGator web hosting plans in dedicated web hosting environment.
Let’s now talk about each one of them along with pricing.
Value: This is the entry level plan from dedicated hosting which gives you 8 GB RAM, 1 TB disk space, unmetered bandwidth which costs you $119 per month
Power: This is the medium plan suitable for heavy traffic websites which gives you 16 GB RAM, 2 TB disk space, unmetered bandwidth which costs you $139 per month
Enterprise: This is the advanced dedicated hosting plan which gives you 30 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD disk space, unmetered bandwidth which costs you $149 per month
Click here to start your blog on HostGator
Features list of HostGator dedicated web hosting
- 8 Core and 16 Thread Intel Xeon-D CPU (higher plan)
- 16 GB RAM for faster speeds (higher plan)
- 2 TB HDD or 512 GB SSD to host your website files for better speed and performance (higher plan)
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Unlimited databases
- RAID-1 Configuration
- Fully redundant network
- The option to choose Linux or Windows OS to host your website
Pros of HostGator dedicated web hosting
- Access to DDOS protection for better website security
- Access to IP-based firewall to keep your website servers safe from hackers and crackers
- 24/7/365 server monitoring
- 24/7/365 technical support via telephone and live chat
- Access to over 500 video tutorials on dedicated hosting solutions
Cons of HostGator dedicated web hosting
- Expensive when compared to other hosting plans
- Hardware upgrades may cost you extra dollars whenever you need changes
What makes HostGator unique from its competitors?
Whether you know it or not, HostGator is one of the world’s top 10 largest web hosting companies which is currently hosting over 8,000,000 domains (8 million!) worldwide. While choosing the HostGator hosting plans, here are few things you need to remember that make HostGator truly unique from it competitors.
Free SSL certificate with every web hosting plan
Each and every web hosting plan ranging from shared hosting to cloud hosting to WordPress hosting includes a free SSL certificate. SSL certificates are essential and Google is giving more importance to the sites which are secured with https version of sites over http version.
In case if you’re wondering what they are, SSL certificates provide security for your website domains and subdomains by encrypting communications between the server and visitors to your website.
SSL certificates also makes your site secure by displaying a padlock icon in your address bar so your website visitors can feel they are browsing on a safer site that has https version enabled.
45 day money back and incredible uptime
All shared HostGator hosting plans include 45 day money back guarantee where as majority of the other hosting companies such as Bluehost, GoDaddy etc offer a 30 day money back guarantee.
So HostGator is a clear winner here where you can get a full refund of your money with 45 days if you’re not happy with their service or features. Did we forget to mention that HostGator web hosting plans come with a 99.9% uptime guarantee which makes your site available almost every minute of the day.
Above all, HostGator is one of the few hosting companies that provide monthly hosting plans where you can get their hosting plans at cheaper rates instead of paying at once.
FAQs About HostGator Hosting Plans 2019
Here are few important questions you might want to know around HostGator hosting plans in 2019.
1. How to cancel HostGator hosting account?
To cancel your HostGator hosting account, you need to first login to HostGator billing support, fill out the cancellation form and contact their customer support through live chat.
It usually takes up to 72 hours to cancel your account with HostGator completely (and you’ll receive a confirmation email upon cancellation).
If you want to cancel your existing domain account with Hostgator, you need to contact their customer support via phone or Live Chat with the name of the domain that you no longer want to host with HostGator.
2. How to install WordPress on HostGator?
Installing WordPress on HostGator is pretty easy as it offers you 1 click installs and won’t take more than 5 minutes. You can check out this article on starting a WordPress blog on HostGator to find a detailed tutorial around it.
3. What is shell (SSH) access in Hostgator?
SSH access which is also referred as Secure Shell and Secure Socket Shell, is a network protocol that provides administrators with a secure way to access a remote computer. To tell you in simple words, the SSH protocol is a method for secure remote login from one computer to another.
The best part about using HostGator is that it offers SSH (secure shell) access to all Linux hosting plans except Optimized WordPress.
It offers you jailed SSH which is limited to your account only (that means you can’t take full control or admin access over all the shared hosting environment where your site is being hosted upon). To be able to get SSH access, you need to use port 2222 to connect to the server via SSH and log in with your cPanel username and password.
4. How to completely uninstall WordPress from HostGator in 2019?
For whatever reason, if you want to delete all of your files from your website or looking to uninstall WordPress from HostGator, you can do so by logging into your control panel (cPanel). Once you’re on cPanel, search for “File Manager” under the “Files” section and click on it.
Once you’re on it, you will find something called “public_HTML” directory where all of your files are stored including WordPress. You can now select all the files under it and click on “Delete All”
You should also delete the database under Databases section to completely uninstall WordPress from HostGator. That’s it!
5. How to login to HostGator cPanel?
There are 3 ways to login to your HostGator cPanel account.
- If you are familiar with your server name, here is the best method (https://ServerName:2083)
- You can use https and your server’s IP address, followed by the secure port number (https://Server-IP-Address:2083)
- You can also use https and your domain name, followed by the secure port number (https://exampledomain.com:2083)
So there you go, you can login to your account using any of the above mentioned ways.
Quick note: Both your ServerName and your server IP address which you can see above are provided in your HostGator welcome email.
6. How to transfer a domain to HostGator hosting account?
If you’ve newly bought hosting from HostGator, you can avail their “Free Domain Name Transfer” service where they will transfer your domain name for free per newly purchased account.
You can request the free domain registration transfer any time by contacting HostGator via phone or Live Chat.
7. How to transfer a domain from Godaddy to HostGator?
You firstly need to know your name servers from HostGator (you’ll get with HostGator billing email) and then, login to your Godaddy account to find “Domain Manager” to select the domain name that you want to modify.
Now, select custom and then click on Add NameServer to update your DNS settings. Click on OK button and you’re done now your GoDaddy domain will be automatically transferred to your HostGator account.
8. How to point Namecheap domain to HostGator?
You need to find out your HostGator DNS or name servers that you can find in your HostGator billing welcome email. Then, login to your Namecheap account to open Domain Manager and update them by clicking on “Custom DNS” which looks like this;
Click on Save button and you’re done. It might take up to 48 hours to reflect the changes.
9. How to get rid of HostGator icon?
First things first, if you don’t set any favicon to your site, the HostGator shows an alligator as the default favicon icon which is bit annoying for most users. So if you’re looking to get rid of HostGator icon, you can follow the below mentioned simple steps.
You need to login to your HostGator cPanel account and go to “File Manager” under the “Files” section and click on it.
Once you’re on it, you will find “public_HTML” directory where you can upload a favicon of your choice. You can click on save to continue and now once you’ve successfully uploaded the favicon in HostGator cPanel, you need to copy the favicon icon also into the theme you’re using.
Which looks something like /wp-content/themes/ (where you should upload the favicon inside the theme folder > Edit Header.php).
Quick tip: If you’re not a tech savvy, you can install this plugin and it will make your job easier.
Recommended Web Hosting Resources:
- Hostgator hatchling plan review with 60% coupon code
- Hostgator baby plan reviews with 60% discount code
- How to start a blog in 2019?
- Hostgator business plan review with 60% off
- Hostgator vs Bluehost: which host to pick in 2019?
Final thoughts on HostGator hosting plans review for 2019
Although there are a variety of HostGator hosting plans available but it all comes down to your website and budget needs to pick the right hosting plan. Just make sure to know your website priorities by also keeping your web hosting budget in mind to take a smart decision.
HostGator has evolved so much in the recent times and now offering free SSL, website migration for free with almost all the hosting plans. So what are you waiting for? Go grab any of the best HostGator hosting plans and let us know what you think about HostGator hosting plans review in the comments section below.