Are you confused about choosing the best hosting choice among HostGator and GoDaddy? You’re in the right place.
Picking the right hosting is always confusing especially for the beginners because there are too many hosting choice out there.
If you’re looking for 2 or 3 hosting services for comparison (which are affordable and reliable), both HostGator and GoDaddy should be on your list.
In this HostGator vs GoDaddy post, we’ll talk about all the essential details such as features, pricing, rundown along with the pros and cons you can easily decide the best hosting among them. Let’s dive into the details without much ado.
Table of Contents
- HostGator vs GoDaddy Comparison: Which One Is A Better Hosting Choice?
- All you need to know about HostGator
- Everything you should know about GoDaddy
- FAQs About HostGator vs GoDaddy
- Final thoughts about HostGator vs GoDaddy review 2021
HostGator vs GoDaddy Comparison: Which One Is A Better Hosting Choice?
|Pricing||$2.78/mo||$2.78/mo (after discount)|
|Money back guarantee||45 days||30 days|
|Sign Up Link|
All you need to know about HostGator
HostGator is known for its affordable hosting plans which is hosting millions of websites all around the world since 2002. HostGator belongs to Endurance International Group (EIG), the same company that’s holding several other popular hosting sites such as Bluehost, iPage and so on.
HostGator offers a wide range of hosting plans including shared, VPS, reseller, dedicated, cloud and WordPress managed hosting to attract all kinds of customers worldwide.
What are the features of HostGator?
Here are some of the useful features that you can get with HostGator hosting plans:
- 99.9% uptime guarantee (which means that their network will be up and functioning 99.9% of the time per month)
- Full control panel support
- Easy sign up process with instant access
- A ton of hosting options available such as Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Server hosting etc.
- Customer support available in Live Chat, Phone Support, Email Support and Ticket Support
- You can host unlimited websites (except hatchling plan in shared hosting)
- Free HostGator Website Builder which includes over 100+ Mobile-Friendly templates along with an Image Library
- Free Website Transfer, Domain Transfer, MYSQL Transfer, Script Transfer etc
- Over 50 Free scripts can be instantly installed on your hosting account with a few clicks
- Marketing offers such as $100 Google Adwords Offer and $100 Bing Ads credit
3 reasons people choose HostGator hosting
Here are few major reasons why people pick HostGator hosting plans over other services.
1. Monthly hosting plans
The primary reason most people prefer HostGator is it offers monthly hosting plans. Majority (almost 9 out of 10) of the hosting sites don’t offer monthly hosting plans including Bluehost, DreamHost etc.
People who are starting out with a limited budget and who are comfortable in paying for hosting each month instead of paying for a year or two will definitely find HostGator as a useful hosting choice.
Important note: Yes, HostGator offers monthly hosting plans for everyone on all of their hosting plans but you need to remember the fact that monthly hosting costs you more when compared to annual or 3 years hosting plans. You can save a lot more on HostGator hosting if you go for 3 year hosting package at once instead of paying once a month.
2. Incredible features
Another reason people preferring HostGator as their hosting choice because it gives you a ton of useful features ranging from the ability to host unlimited sites with unlimited storage, bandwidth etc at extremely affordable prices.
No matter what industry you are in or how big or small your website is, you will find a hosting plan with a variety of useful features on HostGator.
So if you are looking for a hosting company which is feature rich, you should definitely think about HostGator which also comes at extremely affordable hosting plans which are suitable for any kind of budget and website needs.
3. Free site transfers
HostGator recently launched this awesome service called free site transfer where you can transfer all your website files, databases, scripts along with one free domain registration transfer.
Here’s how it looks like;
That means, if you’re already on another hosting that you’re happy with and thinking about migrating to HostGator, you can simply contact the HostGator customer support for free site migration and they will do it for you for free.
You can avail this free site transfer feature only within 30 days after signing up so if you’ve intention to migrate your site to HostGator for free, raise a request as soon as you buy any hosting (including shared hosting to VPS hosting to dedicated hosting plans) from them.
Quick note: Full cPanel transfers include all the domains, Addon Domains, Subdomains, and cPanel settings along with your emails and email accounts.
45 days money back guarantee is another reason why you can give a try to HostGator hosting plans as most of the other hosting sites don’t provide more than 30 days money back guarantee so you have enough time for you to decide whether HostGator is a right choice for you or not.
Pros of using HostGator hosting
- Monthly hosting plans are available so if you don’t have money to pay a lot, you can pick monthly plans which cost you less
- Extremely easy to set up and use HostGator control panel
- Unlimited bandwidth, disk space and emails on every hosting plan
- 24/7 customers support
- A ton of useful SEO and eCommerce tools to increase your search engine traffic and sales to your site
- 45 day money-back guarantee
Cons of using HostGator hosting
- Monthly and yearly plans are actually expensive (3 year plans are cheap)
- Customer support is meh (live chat support system takes a ton of time to resolve your issues)
How much does HostGator hosting cost?
HostGator offers a wide range of hosting services which include;
- Shared hosting
- Cloud hosting
- VPS hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- WordPress hosting
- Reseller hosting
While we are not going into too much details of all those hosting services or plans because most of the beginners who use HostGator, go for their shared hosting plans as their prices are affordable along with a ton of useful features which are enough for you to get started.
HostGator shared hosting offers you 3 pricing plans which are listed below.
Let’s talk about each one of them so you can clearly understand which one to go for.
1. Hatchling: This is best suited for beginners who want cheap hosting plans from HostGator where you can install only 1 website that costs you $2.75 per month.
In Hatchling plan from HostGator, you’ll get access to the following things;
- Free Site Transfer
- 24/7 US-Based Premium Support
- 45-Day Money-Back
- cPanel Access
- Unmetered Disk Storage
- Unmetered Bandwidth and Unlimited Email
- Free Website Installation
2. Baby: This can be considered as a budget friendly hosting plan from HostGator which is great for bloggers where you can install unlimited number of sites using the same hosting plan which costs you $3.95 per month.
In Baby plan (which is the most recommended shared hosting plan from HostGator), you’ll get the following features;
- All the features from Hatchling plan
- Unlimited Addon/Parked Domains
- Sub Domains
- FTP Accounts
- E-Commerce Features including Private SSL, OSCommerce, ZenCart etc
3. Business: The Business Plan is the most advanced plan from HostGator shared hosting which includes a private SSL (essential for eCommerce sites for trust) along with a dedicated IP. This plan it a great fit especially for online eCommerce stores which costs you $5.95 per month.
Business plan gives you access to the following incredible features;
- Includes all the features from Baby plan
- Free Positive SSL
- Free Dedicated IP
- Free VoIP Phone Service
So what are you waiting for?
Are you looking for a tutorial to easily install WordPress on HostGator hosting?
If you prefer watching a video tutorial on starting your WordPress site on HostGator hosting, you can watch the below video made by HostGator team itself.
Everything you should know about GoDaddy
GoDaddy is exceptionally well-known in the web hosting space and it is considered as one of the the world’s best leading domain name registrars which is serving over 17 million customers worldwide.
What are the features of GoDaddy hosting?
Here’s a list of few incredible features which are offered by GoDaddy web hosting;
- Unlimited websites, Unlimited storage and Unmetered bandwidth
- Free business email for 1st year
- Free domain with annual plan
- 1-click install of over 125 free apps including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
- 1 GB database storage (MySQL Linux)
- 24/7 security monitoring and DDoS protection
- 99.9% uptime guarantee to make sure your site never goes down
3 reasons most people prefer GoDaddy
If you’re curious to know why most people go for hosting or domain from GoDaddy platform, here are 3 interesting reasons you should know about before considering to host your WordPress site on GoDaddy.
1. Special deals and promos
The reason why millions of people are using GoDaddy either for hosting or domain purchase is that it offers a ton of great offers that you can’t resist. GoDaddy is known for offering frequent special offers and discounts on their products including domain, hosting etc.
That being said, there’s a separate page dedicated just for promo codes and special offers on GoDaddy website where you can find countless number of promo codes for their hosting related discounts. These discount codes actually always work because GoDaddy official website itself is providing them.
So you don’t have to look anywhere else for finding best or cheapest hosting coupons, domain coupon codes etc to get best deals from GoDaddy.
Quick tip: Make sure to subscribe to GoDaddy email newsletter as they often send a lot of coupon codes, special discounts on domains, hosting, security related products etc. You’ll find a deal or two every single week so keep an eye on their special deals if you want to grab their hosting or domains at cheaper rates.
2. Better customer support
While you can’t expect super fast customer support that replies you within seconds (like WPX hosting does) but customer support from GoDaddy is far better when compared to that of HostGator.
GoDaddy is a big company with a lot of employees and they provide you 24/7 customer support just in case if you need any help even at 3 am in the morning. If you’re someone like us who gives #1 priority to customer support, GoDaddy is a better hosting choice for the price you pay for their hosting plans.
GoDaddy also has a global directory with phone numbers so you can get assistance no matter what region or country you reside in. GoDaddy customer support will be available in;
- 24/7 support etc
3. Getting better off late
GoDaddy used to provide cheap quality services in terms of hosting, security, website performance etc but it is getting better day by day.
When you look for GoDaddy reviews, you will mostly end up finding negative reviews about it. Here are two reasons for negative talk about GoDaddy hosting or domains;
- People who haven’t used GoDaddy services but spread bad publicity (OR)
- People who have used before 2014
Off late GoDaddy is focusing more increasing the speed, performance and security levels of their hosting environment to better serve the customers on their network. This is a great news especially for people in 2021 who are thinking twice about choosing services from GoDaddy.
Pros of using GoDaddy hosting
- Award winning customer support which functions 24/7 every day
- World’s #1 domain name registrar with over 17 million customers
- You have the choice of choosing either cPanel or Plesk to run your websites
- 99.9% uptime guaranteed
- Wide range of hosting and domain services
- Lots of apps to install
- eCommerce friendly apps and support
Cons of using GoDaddy hosting
- Lots of upselling (on backups, security or other features)
- Limited website speeds
How much is GoDaddy web hosting?
Just like HostGator, GoDaddy also offers you wide range of hosting plans including VPS, dedicated, managed WordPress etc but shared hosting from GoDaddy is what most people (especially the beginners) use, so we’ll discuss about shared hosting plans with pricing.
GoDaddy offers 4 types of pricing plans in their shared hosting which are mentioned below.
Using Starter plan, you can host 1 website with 30 GB Storage and unmetered bandwidth which will be more than enough for the beginners who want to start a self-hosted WordPress site on GoDaddy and it costs you $2.49 per month.
If you want more storage and space at cheaper price on GoDaddy shared hosting plan, Economy plan is just for you which costs you $2.49 per month (in the first year) and gives you 100 GB of storage.
If you want to host multiple sites on the same hosting account, Deluxe plan from GoDaddy is a great choice for you where you get more space along with bandwidth and costs you $4.99 per month.
If your website is getting heavy traffic, you should consider getting the Ultimate shared hosting plan from GoDaddy which costs you $7.99 per month and gives you unlimited space along with FREE SSL and premium DNS.
So are you ready to launch your site using GoDaddy?
Click here to use GoDaddy to start your WordPress site
If you know more about how to start your WordPress site on GoDaddy, here’s quick a video tutorial made by GoDaddy to help you easily start your WordPress site using their hosting.
HostGator vs GoDaddy Hosting: The Breakdown
HostGator hosts over a million websites in the world (which accounts to 1% of entire Internet website traffic) and it gives you so many useful features at affordable prices. Whether you want to start a brand new blog, create an eCommerce store online or if you’re out to create the next Flipkart – HostGator has a plan for your needs.
Coming to GoDaddy hosting, it also a tough contender to HostGator hosting which offers competitive hosting plans and GoDaddy has over 17 million customers worldwide which clearly tells you how popular it is. If you’re looking for extremely cheap hosting plans, GoDaddy has a wide range of plans!
Here’s a small breakdown of both to give you a better understanding about the best hosting choice for your budget and website needs.
- Ease of use: Certainly HostGator has a lot of easy access tools to manage your emails, files, databases at one place. 1-click installs, apps, marketing offers etc make HostGator far better than GoDaddy.
- Security: Both hosting services give top priority to hosting services and they give you a ton of security features such as server monitoring, uptime guarantee and so on.
- Customer support: GoDaddy is better when compared to HostGator customer support team.
- Money back guarantee: HostGator offers you 45 days money back guarantee (that means you can get a full refund on all your purchases within 45 days if you cancel your account) whereas GoDaddy offers you 30 day money back.
Just make sure to go through all the features that are offered by both along with the pricing options to find the right hosting plan for you!
Web Hosting Services Comparison:
- WP Engine vs Bluehost: Honest web hosting review
- Siteground vs Bluehost: Who is the better host?
- Hostinger vs HostGator: Which Web Host is Best in 2021?
FAQs About HostGator vs GoDaddy
Here are some of the FAQs about both hosts that you should know about before giving a try to either of the hosting services.
If you want to maintain multiple sites you can do so with HostGator Baby plan which is not only affordable but gives you access to install unlimited sites using the same hosting account.
Just like HostGator you can use GoDaddy intermediate hosting plans to create and maintain any number of sites you want with the single account.
Both hosting sites are great in terms of pricing, features and popularity but if you are looking for a hosting service with monthly hosting plans, HostGator can be a great choice and if you are looking for cheaper hosting plans with better customer services, you should probably pick GoDaddy hosting.
Yes if you are not happy with HostGator for whatever the reason you can downgrade or upgrade or even deactivate your hosting account. For that you need to contact their support team and they will help you out.
Yes, you can absolutely like any other hosting choice. You upgrade, downgrade or even cancel your hosting account with GoDaddy anytime you want. If you cancel your hosting account with 30 days, GoDaddy will refund all your money.
What Others are Checking:
- Hostgator vs Bluehost: Find out which is the better host?
- Bluehost vs Godaddy: Which host to pick in 2021?
Final thoughts about HostGator vs GoDaddy review 2021
To create a self hosted WordPress site, you definitely need a hosting service. Here’s where most people struggle to pick the right hosting choice as there are too many options available ranging from free to premium.
Both hosts are affordable hosting options with a lot of features so make sure to read all of their features listed on this comparison post to find the best pick for you.
Let us know what you think about HostGator vs GoDaddy comparison and share yours thoughts in the comments below.