How To Dominate Google And Profit With Micro Niche Blogs In 2018
The real online profit lies in micro niche blogs. You can actually dominate Google and profit with micro niche blogs, if done right.
You can start profiting very quickly and you would begin to imagine what’s going on. Since I started targeting the micro sectors in popular niches, it’s been a total success.
Off course, there were stumps I stumbled upon on my way to awesome Google ranking. But the good news is that: the end result is always better than the temporal downsides.
If you ride with me in this post, I want to open up the channel of earning opportunities using tiny blogs. It’s never a get rich quick scheme, and there is no 100% guarantee that you’ll achieve success. Let’s get into the details without much ado.
Table of Contents
- How to Really Make Profits With Micro Niche Sites
- What is a micro niche site?
- What’s the difference between a niche site and a micro niche site?
- What are the pros and cons of building a micro niche site?
- Find money making keywords for a micro niche site
- How to build links for a micro niche site?
- How to make money with a micro niche site?
- Do’s and don’ts of profiting with micro niche sites
- FAQs about building a profitable micro niche site in 2018
How to Really Make Profits With Micro Niche Sites
What is a micro niche site?
A micro niche site is extremely specific which focuses only on one topic.
- fish filter for betta
If you look at the above example, it talks about one specific industry which is related to fish filters. The best part is that, it talks only about betta (a special fish breed) fish filters. Now, that makes a micro niche site.
What’s the difference between a niche site and a micro niche site?
A niche site can cover 2 or 3 (or even more) topics whereas a micro niche site mostly focuses on just one topic.
- Fish filters can be a niche site (since it talks about all kinds of fish filters in general)
- Fish filter for betta is mostly a micro niche site
Here are few more keywords around fishing;
What are the pros and cons of building a micro niche site?
Let’s now discuss about some of the pros and cons of building a micro niche site in 2018.
Here are the pros of building a micro niche site:
- You get highly targeted visitors from search engines
- You can easily increase your website conversion rates because of targeted website traffic
- You can promote really high paying and extremely targeted products related to your niche
- You can make more money even with less traffic
- You don’t have to wait for years to make decent income every month unlike building an authority
- You don’t have to be an expert in your niche
- There will be not much competition depending upon your niche
Here are the cons of building a micro niche site:
- You’ll only pitiful of traffic since you’ll be targeting only specific keywords with low search volume
- It’s highly unlikely to make thousands of dollars each month from a micro niche site. At an average a highly successful micro niche site makes 500 to 1000 dollars each month.
- Building backlinks from authority sites can be difficult if you’re running a micro niche site (most people think you’re doing it just for the sake of getting links be it guest posts or blogger outreach)
Find money making keywords for a micro niche site
Although there are a ton of ways to find great keywords for a micro niche site but the most effective way is to use proper SEO tools like SEMrush.
Make sure to read this article on how to find money making keywords with SEMrush if you want to know how to do keyword research for any site including a micro niche site.
SEMrush can be useful for;
- Competitor’s research
- Backlink analysis
- Keyword research
- Domain comparison
- Find out traffic of any site
- Content research with ease
- Finding and fixing website technical issues
- And the list goes on
Quick note: You can use this exclusive link to get a 30 day free trial with SEMrush pro account which is worth $100 and this offer is valid only for a limited time, so grab it before the deal ends.
Here’s how the keyword research looks like on SEMrush;
Building backlinks to your micro niche site is the most crucial thing that can make or break your website’s success. Google don’t trust new websites and mostly gives top priority to the authority sites for one reason: they have a ton of backlinks.
So if you want to gear up your niche site game and attract a lot of search traffic, you must focus on building as many quality links as possible.
Here are some of the proven ways to build links to your micro niche site in 2018 and beyond.
- Start building relationships with other bloggers in your niche. This is a less known way most people talk about building links. Most people often focus only on links but if you rather focus on networking, you can attract links much easier.
- Write guest posts that educate other blog’s audience. Make sure your guest posts are really informative and detailed so you can easily link back to multiple times to your best content instead of asking for just one link from the author bio.
- No matter what niche you’re in, one effective way to attract links is to create appealing and informative infographics and upload them into all the free and paid infographic directories along with embed section where you’ll get a link back once others start using them.
Less Competitive Keywords
Several keywords associated with micro niches are usually less competitive. It could be almost difficult to find any reasonable, less competitive key term in the expanded niches like health, internet marketing, finance etc.
Since a micro niche blog deals on a single product or topic, you can easily research high volume keywords that have little or no competing web pages on Google.
One of my primary keyword receives over 6,300 monthly searches, and the number of web pages that are targeting this term is less than 2,000. If you build a blog around this particular term, there is every tendency that you would rank on Google in the first 14 days.
This is not a guarantee but with few relevant backlinks, coupled with quality and detailed blog posts, you’re good to go.
Psychologically, when a person decides to buy a specific product or service online, they make use of buyer keywords. These key terms show intents of the searcher making immediate purchase.
You will recognize these terms by the prefixes and suffixes used. E.g. review, compare, purchase, buy, quick, fast, order, download and product names are all indications that the searcher is ready to buy.
Well, if you’re ranking on Google for any of the buyer keywords, your monthly earnings would be bigger than someone who is trying to please every web user with generic blog.
How to make money with a micro niche site?
If you’re wondering about how you can actually make profits from micro niche sites, here are few proven monetization strategies for you that work like a charm.
#1. Amazon Associates
There are so many people who set up Amazon affiliate site to make more money from their targeted industries. Hands down, Amazon associates is the #1 preferred way for most people to earn decent commissions from their website’s traffic.
If you’re running a micro niche site and looking for ways to make profits from it, make sure to give a try to Amazon associates first.
Simply visit this link to Join Amazon Associates and sign up for their affiliate program for free. They will review your site manually and send you a confirmation email within a day or two. Just make sure to setup your basic website before you sign up for it.
Once you’re all done, go to Amazon and log in with your Associates account and find the product you want to review and use your own custom affiliate referral link to get started. It also provides a ton of text links and banner ad links to promote the products you want.
The best part about using Amazon associates is that you can also use AdSense within your micro niche sites to generate extra income.
#2. Google AdSense and others
Although display advertising options like AdSense won’t help you make a lot of money but gives you some extra bucks when you’re still in the building stage of your micro niche site.
When coupled with other affiliates likes Amazon associates, you can make full use of your website’s traffic to make profits. The money you make from AdSense mostly depends on your niche and the keywords you select.
CPC (Cost per click) plays a key role in generating more money from AdSense. So make sure to pick high CPC keywords if you want to increase your AdSense earnings.
If you think AdSense is not your cup of tea, you can give a try to other alternatives as well. Here’s a huge list of AdSense alternatives that pay you more for your website traffic.
#3. Selling your own stuff
Another best way to monetize your niche sites is to sell your own products so you can earn how much ever you want without giving away commission to anyone else. Here are some of the things you can sell;
- Niche specific products (if you’re running a fish aquarium niche site, you can build and promote your own aquarium, fish filters and sell at any cost)
- eBooks related to your industry
- Making your content premium (so you’ll be attracting highly valuable audience who are interested in paying you to read your content)
- And the list goes on
Do’s and don’ts of profiting with micro niche sites
Here are some of do’s and don’ts of profiting with micro niche websites in 2018 and beyond.
Do’s of micro niche sites:
- Do stick to your niche no matter what industry you are in. Don’t try to expand if you’re struggling with traffic. Just make sure to create as much in-depth articles as possible related to your niche.
- Always be consistent even if you don’t see a huge traffic spikes and focus on building links and social shares to your site if you want to make it profitable.
- Do read all the affiliate terms and conditions before signing up for any affiliate product as it makes things easier for you!
Don’ts of micro niche sites:
- Don’t create generic and thin content. Focus on creating quality content and you’ll be seeing better results in terms of search traffic and sales as your blog grows.
- Don’t be too salesy as most niche marketers plaster ads all over the site hoping to get more clicks. It doesn’t work that way. Be smart and only use those monetization methods that work well for you.
FAQs about building a profitable micro niche site in 2018
Here are some of the most important questions you must know before entering into the world of micro niche blogging.
#1. How to come up with a profitable micro niche site idea?
We’ve spent years in brainstorming profitable ideas to build money making niche websites and learned one thing that, your website success mostly depends on how targeted your niche site is and your ability to create 10 times better content around it.
The best way to get started with a micro niche site is to use a tool like SEMrush. Just enter any list of topic ideas and find out the search volume of each keyword. Also figure out who your competitors are and how they are earning money and driving traffic to their sites.
That way you can easily come up with a dozen of profitable niche site ideas within a day or two. If you’re a newbie, use this exclusive link to get a 30 day free trial with SEMrush pro account which is worth $100.
#2. What’s the amazon affiliate commission rate for a micro niche site?
Amazon doesn’t offer you the same commission for all the products you promote. It varies from product to product. But the highest commission rate in Amazon is 10% for Amazon Fashion Women, Men & Kids Private Label, Luxury Beauty, Amazon Coins.
The standard amazon affiliate commission rate is usually 4% commission. That means, if you sell a $1000 worth product (such as a DSLR), you typically earn $40 from it. Here’s the chart of it.
#3. What exactly is a micro niche site?
Micro niche websites are extremely specific. They usually targeted towards a micro topic or keyword (such as “fish filters for betta”). These niche websites don’t often generate a lot of traffic but still they make more money with less traffic.
The reason is, they often target high CPC keywords with less search volume, so the competition is less and attract highly qualified visitors to their sites.
#4. How to make $1000 per month from a micro niche site?
While it’s not so easy to earn $1000 or more from a micro niche site as there are only few micro niche sites that make thousands of dollars for so many reasons as it takes years to build authority and quality links along with more search traffic.
But if you really want to make more with a micro niche sites, the best way is to do competitor research and find out what strategies they are using to build links, create content, make money and create buzz online.
Final thoughts on profiting from micro niche sites
Nobody wants to visit a website that constantly tries to sell you something (be it a product or service or something else). It applies even to micro niche sites.
So if you’re looking to profit from micro niche sites, stay focused, stay relevant and be consistent. Hopefully the tips mentioned here can be helpful for you in building a profitable micro niche site that makes money.
Do you’ve any more questions about micro niche sites? Share your thoughts in the comments.