5 Strategies Bloggers Can Use to QUICKLY Grow Their Affiliate Income
What if I tell you increasing your affiliate income is easy?
As a blogger it is everyone’s dream to make money while they sleep. Affiliate marketing is the surefire way to make passive income online. That’s the reason why 90% of the bloggers starting their blogs in the hopes of making affiliate sales.
Majority of them never even get one affiliate sale while there are others who are making millions of dollars every year just from affiliate marketing.
Pat Flynn makes over $100,000 at an average every single month from his blog Smart Passive Income. He covers all the marketing, SEO, podcast related topics and recommends few products that he personally uses. That’s it! His audience buy whatever products he recommends and that’s how he’s been able to make millions of dollars every year.
Not only Pat but there are so many other bloggers who I know (Zac Johnson, Matthew Woodward, Harsh Agrawal, Kulwant Nagi etc) are using affiliate marketing to make thousands of dollars every single month.
So making money from affiliate marketing is not a rocket science if you follow few strategies. That’s the reason why I came up with an idea to share all those insider strategies to help you increase your affiliate income.
Are you ready to find them out? Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- 5 Insider Strategies You Can Use to Grow Your Affiliate Income
- #1. Publish Income Reports
- #2. Write Product Reviews as Case Studies
- #3. Build an Affiliate Marketing Funnel
- #4. Your Blog’s Following Matters A LOT
- #5. Try These 4 Sneaky Ways to Boost Your Affiliate Income
5 Insider Strategies You Can Use to Grow Your Affiliate Income
#1. Publish Income Reports
Pat Flynn started the trend of publishing income reports on his blog. Did you know that income reports page is one of his most visited pages on his blog?
Here’s the screenshot.
In the above screenshot, you can see Income Reports is showing up on Google SiteLinks which is amazing (it’s also because of the fact that it is one of his most popular pages that gets massive traffic).
Yes, that’s true. Do you know why they are so popular? Because people love to know how others are making money online. They love to know what strategies others are using to grow their income.
And almost every successful affiliate marketer is started posting their income reports. In fact, their income reports are helping them to find more audience and that’s how they are attracting even more affiliate sales.
Here’s the income reports section from Pat Flynn’s blog.
See that? Pat has made a whooping sum of $1.6 million dollars in the last 12 months and majority of his income came from affiliate sales. That’s the power of affiliate marketing and that’s the beauty of showing income reports on your blog to grow your affiliate income.
To put it simply; your income reports can help you grow your affiliate income.
More income reports = More new audience = More affiliate income
Here are few amazing benefits of writing income reports.
- They can help you build great rapport with your audience
- They can inspire new people to start blogging
- They act like social proof
- They can help you become an authority (the more you earn the more people will start noticing your name online)
- They add “transparency” to your blog and it can quickly build trust with new audience
- Income reports can help you design a monthly budget (you can easily find out all your earnings along with the expenses)
- They keep your monthly posting frequency consistent
See the amazing benefits of writing income reports on your blog? So why not give a try to publishing them on your blog? Even if you are making only a few sales, don’t hesitate to show them up and your audience will love you for your honesty.
Just make sure NOT to fake your income reports. If your audience sense that you are faking your income reports, your reputation goes in vain. It’s as simple as that.
#2. Write Product Reviews as Case Studies
I personally have tried and tested this strategy and it really works well.
I first created a case study on one of my favorite SEO tools SEMrush (you can find it here) and it not only started ranking well in Google for several combination of keywords but it also started generating a lot of sales.
Since then, I’m not writing product reviews but I’m giving more priority to writing product reviews as case studies. If you are also promoting few affiliate products from your own sites, make sure to write detailed case studies around them and share the results (and benefits).
That way your audience will find it interesting to give a try to your affiliate products. You can make sales as well as you can add value to your readers.
Here are few tips you should always remember while crafting product reviews to grow your affiliate income quickly. These are also the same tips most successful affiliate marketers use to grow their affiliate sales.
- Create videos. Yes, create videos around the products you most like and tell your audience why you are using them and how they can benefit your audience. Provide links from the video description to increase traffic and sales to your sites.
- Focus on the product, not sales. While writing product reviews, most people brag about their products so they can make more sales. But in general, it won’t work. You need to focus on why your product is the best fit for your audience so they can buy from you.
- Before writing any product review, make sure to use it. Either buy it or ask the product developer to give you a free copy (tell them you’re interested in writing a product review). Use it for some days, come to a conclusion and then start writing a review about it.
- Be honest. Instead of just talking about the pros of the products, also talk about the cons about it. This honesty can impress your audience and they can come to a better conclusion whether or not to buy it after reading your review.
#3. Build an Affiliate Marketing Funnel
Most affiliate marketing beginners do just one thing: they create “untargeted content” and plaster their site with a lot of affiliate products. And they wonder why they are not generating any sales.
If you are also doing the same mistake, stop it.
You need to build a blog sales funnel to boost your affiliate income. Every successful affiliate marketer is using them to grow their sales.
Here’s how Matthew Woodward uses his funnel to increase his affiliate sales. When you look at his home page, in the above fold, you will notice the following things.
All those links are directly pointed to his other pages where you will find his affiliate products. He also offers a lot of exclusive discounts and offers on his products so his audience usually prefer buying from him instead of his competitor’s.
Even when you click on his “Income Reports” page, you will find all his income along with the monthly expenses and you will also find affiliate links to all his products.
Matthew also uses a popup to turn his website visitors into email subscribers. He knows that an email list is really important to bring more affiliate income to his bank accounts.
He also uses email optin forms on his blog’s sidebar (and he made them sticky so you will see it even when scrolling down while you are reading his content) to grow his subscribers.
Once the people get into his email list, he sends email autoresponder series where you will get all the tips to boost your traffic and income. After a week or two, he promotes the products that he recommends. That’s his blog’s sales funnel and that’s how is generating more affiliate income.
You can also repeat the same. Just make sure to pick a few affiliate products and display them on your blog’s above the fold section where you can get more visibility and use email opt-in forms to get more email subscribers.
Pro tip: Build a blog sales funnel where you can easily turn your website visitors into email subscribers. Then, add value to them by sending educational emails. In between, you can promote the products that you personally love and use.
#4. Your Blog’s Following Matters A LOT
So far we have discussed about the millionaire affiliate marketers like Matthew Woodward and Pat Flynn but one thing you should observe from them. That is the kind of following they have on social media sites and their own blogs.
Most of the successful affiliate marketers have a HUGE following. So it’s not a big deal for them to turn few of their fans into paying customers.
At the moment, Pat Flynn’s social media following is: 350,000 (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube).
Apart from that, his email list will be over 100,000 subscribers.
Those are insane numbers, right? With such kind of followers, increasing your affiliate income won’t be a big deal.
So your affiliate income also depends hugely upon your following size. The more followers you have (be it on social media or email list) the more affiliate income you can make. That being said, here are two places where you should be spending more time to build your followers if you want to grow your affiliate income.
- Social media following: Connect with the influencers on social media. Engage with them. Follow them and frequently retweet what they post. Consider offering them help before seeking help from them. Get your first 1000 social media followers on all accounts first (Facebook, twitter, Instagram etc). Then,use tools like Buffer to schedule your posts in advance so you can always share great stuff with your social media followers.
- Email list: Money is in the list. Make sure to use freebies to build your list. Once you build it, keep sending value added emails to your subscribers. Also discuss about the products you promote by using your affiliate links. The more people you have in your email list the more sales you can make.
#5. Try These 4 Sneaky Ways to Boost Your Affiliate Income
Create a resources page: If you don’t have a resources page yet on your blog or website, make sure to create one as soon as possible. And list out all the products that you personally use and like. Use affiliate links for each of them and whenever you write new posts try to build links to them (either from your own blog posts or guest posts). That way you can get more traffic and visibility so you can get more affiliate sales.
Giveaway the products you promote: I have recently did a giveaway on SEMrush. The reason why I did was mainly to reach more new audience and to boost my SEMrush product sales. Both were happened with that giveaway. You can also do the same thing. Giveaway few of the products that you are promoting and collect emails so you can use them in the future to grow your affiliate income.
Give exclusive offers: For SEMrush, I’m currently giving away a 30 days free trial which is an exclusive deal for BloggersPassion readers. You can’t find the similar deal anywhere else. By doing exclusive offers on your blogs, you can grow your affiliate sales really quickly.
Offer promotional codes: Lots of the bloggers are making money just by using this one tactic. All they do is, they just give you some 10% or 40% coupon codes which you can use to get a discount on your desired products. Try the same thing on your affiliate products too. It always works like a charm.
Final thoughts on quickly growing your affiliate income
Getting your first affiliate sale can be tough. But once you implement the above strategies, it’s not really hard to grow your affiliate income as a blogger.
Offering exclusive deals, writing product reviews as case studies, showing income reports – all these tactics can work like a charm to boost your affiliate sales. So make sure to give them all a try and see results by yourself.
So what do you think about this massive post? Did you like it? Do you have any more tips to grow affiliate income? Share your thoughts in the comments.