Media.net is a contextual ad network from Yahoo and Bing Network. Contextual ads means if you have a website or blog around mobile phones, advertisements around mobile phones and their accessories will be served. Relevant ads mean more clicks and thus more money for you. So you should end up earning more money with your website traffic using Media.net.
Summary: Media.net is the 2nd largest Contextual Ads platform in the world which exclusively powers the Yahoo! Bing Ad Marketplace of advertisers globally.
Contextual Ads are those which are relevant to the content of the website. For instance, if a website is about travel, only those ads will be served which are related to travel; in case of a food blog the ads served will be related to food.
This makes all the difference because contextually relevant ads tend to get higher clicks which leads to higher revenue for the publisher.
With Media.net, the publishers get access to over $6 billion worth of advertisers’ search demand. This demand is available to publishers only through Media.net.
A portion of this can make its way to your blog earnings if you use Media.net ads.
Here are the other major reasons why you should give Media.net a shot right away:
- Contextually Relevant Ads
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Native Ads
- Display to Search (D2S) Ad format
- Mobile Responsive Ads
- Works well with other Ad Networks
6 Reasons to choose Media.net publishing platform:
Contextually Relevant Ads: If you are not making enough money from Ad networks such as AdSense, that’s probably because your ads are not relevant to the content you publish on your websites. If you observe top blogs that make money from these Ad networks , you will notice that their blogs have high quality content and highly contextually relevant ads as well. This is precisely where Media.net comes into picture.
Media.net ads are highly targeted and thus more contextually relevant as compared to other ad networks, thereby displaying the ads that your readers are more likely to click.
The chances of users clicking on ads which are relevant to the content they are consuming are much higher than them clicking on completely irrelevant ones.In my experience, I’ve seen that Media.net algorithms take about 2-4 weeks to fully optimize your ads based on the content you create. So, I would advise you to remain patient.Here’s an example of contextually relevant ads:
Dedicated Account Manager : Every publisher with Media.net is assigned a dedicated account manager who constantly monitors your account, undertakes A/B testing with different ad spots, creates custom ad units on your request and proactively gives the best possible suggestions so as to drive higher revenue from the ads. The account manager can be reached very easily via mail. Media.net’s customer service can prove to be invaluable for both new and experienced bloggers.
Native Ads and custom sizes: I’ve come across so many people who’ve asked me about making money through ads that do not hamper user experience. Media.net to a great extent solves this issue by providing ‘Native Ads’. These ads blend in with the design and layout of the website, making the user experience a seamless one. The ad units can be customized to match the look and feel of the website. They have custom sizes too, that aren’t available in AdSense. So, you can actually create additional inventory with Media.net ads and therefore, additional revenue. Here are some of the Ad units that Media.net provides:
- Display to Search(D2S) ad format: Media.net invented the D2S ad format. These are basically search ads on display ad inventory. How does that matter? It does, a great deal. Because what D2S does is display search ads that are bought by advertisers on a CPC model. This filter the user’s intent which leads to better targeting of ads and also higher revenues because advertisers pay more for clicks on ads where the intent of the user is absolutely clear versus CPM ads where they have no idea whether the ads will be engaged with or not. What it all comes down to in the end is more clicks and hence higher revenues.
- Mobile Responsive Ads: The number of people that use their mobiles to browse the internet is increasing day by day. According to a report published on Comscore, mobile now represents 65% off all digital media time. As per the comScore December’15 report – smartphone penetration between the age group of 18 to 35 was around 79% then, which means it is much higher now. If your website or your ads are not mobile responsive, you will end up losing a huge chunk of advertising revenue. Since, Media.net ads are mobile responsive, these can help you earn incremental revenue through the mobile optimized ad units. You can start using mobile responsive ads by simply activating the mobile ads feature. With this feature you will also start earning from traffic that comes from your mobile.
- Works well with other ad networks: Yes, you don’t need to remove all other ad networks to use Media.net as it works well with all ad networks. Why choose & reduce when you can diversify your earnings and make the most of your blog. So for all of you who are skeptical about disturbing your current ad set up, don’t sweat. Media.net complements almost every major revenue strategy. So, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t try to make the most you can.
Payment Methods: Media.net offers two payment platforms namely :
- Wire Transfer
- The minimum payout threshold is $100. The payment is made on a net 30 basis i.e if you earn $500 in May’17 you’ll get paid in Jun’17.
Signing up with Media.net: Signing up with Media.net is absolutely free. They take a maximum of 2 business days to asses your website so you don’t have to wait for weeks to know the status of your application. Sign up here and get an incremental 10% over your usual earning for the first 3 months.
FAQ’s About Media.net
Are you interested in using Media.net – the best alternative to Google AdSense to start monetizing your website? Just read the following FAQ’s about Media.net platform to know more about it for better understanding.
1. Is Media.net better than Google AdSense?
That’s a great question. Google AdSense is the #1 ad company whereas Media.net which uses Yahoo! and Bing ads stays in #2 which means, there are a lot more people who use AdSense when compared to Media.net ads.
That being said, you get high commissions from Media.net if you’re generating relevant audience from countries like US, UK.
The primary reason for considering Media.net over AdSense is, it delivers simple text based ads that are contextually relevant to what your website users are reading. So the chances of getting more clicks on ads will be higher (which means more earnings to you!).
2. What are the requirements for using Media.net ads on my website?
Here are some of the things that your website must meet in order to start using Media.net ads to earn money.
- Your website should contain original content that is updated regularly (no copied content whatsoever)
- Your website must receive majority of their traffic from countries like US, UK and Canada
- Your website content should be primarily in the English language
- You should be getting decent amount of search traffic (say 1000 visits a day)
- Your website should not contain excessive ads
3. How can I get started with Media.net ads?
Click here to apply for Media.net and you’ll be getting a notification and confirmation email about using it if your website meets their requirements.
4. What are the other best alternatives to Media.net?
There are a ton of alternatives to Media.net which include the following.
- Qadabra and many more
You can also refer to this best alternatives to AdSense to find a list of great alternatives where you can make money from your website using display ads.
5. How do I get paid from Media.net?
Everyone who uses Media.net ads on their sites will be made on a net 30 basis for accounts that have accrued at least $100 or more in earnings.
For example, if your unpaid earnings exceed $100 in May, you will receive the payment by the end of April. And all of the payments are made via Payoneer, PayPal or Wire Transfer by the 15th of the month where a payment is due.
Recommended resources for making money online:
- Infolinks review: Learn how to make money with in-text advertising
- Ezoic Review: Increase your website revenue with Ezoic Ad Tester
- RevenueHits Review: is it the best performance based ad network?
- Adsterra review: Learn how to make more money with your website traffic
- Shorte.St review: How to make money while shortening links on your blog
Final thoughts on Media.net
Keeping in mind all the aforementioned factors, Media.net is indeed the best alternative to Google Adsense, its USP being incremental revenue and a dedicated account manager – who addresses all your concerns and queries promptly, which no other Ad Network provides – thereby eliminating the need to search for solutions online or posting on discussion forums without any guarantee that your issue will ever be clarified or resolved.