Are you searching for responsive WordPress themes to use on your sites? Have you lately realized the fact of using a mobile responsive theme on your WordPress sites? If yes, this article is for you where I’ll show you few incredible responsive themes for WordPress sites.
Why use responsive WordPress themes?
Before going into the details, I want to first discuss few essential things with you. So let’s start with the question: why should you use a mobile responsive design?
The reason is simple, more people are using smart phones to browse web information. According to many researches within 3 years, the mobile Internet usage will beat the usage of desktop Internet. Right now, more than 45% of web users are using mobiles to browse information. If your website is not optimized for mobile devices, you are losing a lot of traffic.
We all know the importance of a web design as it is one of the most crucial factors that makes or breaks your blog’s success. First impression is the BEST impression in online and when it comes to grabbing your visitor’s attention, you must create a great impression to make them stick to your blogs.
The easiest way to make your readers stick to your sites is to create an appealing design. Make sure to create a mobile friendly WordPress site to let your visitors easily browse your information across all devices be it smart phones, tablets or androids.
Here are few more notable benefits of using responsive WordPress themes.
- They are automatically adapted to fit on all the devices (smart phones, tablets, PC’s etc.) so your visitors won’t find it irritating to browse your website content.
- You don’t need to install additional plugins to make your site mobile friendly.
- They are SEO friendly, cost-effective and easy to manage.
- Responsive WordPress themes increase your website traffic and decreases bounce rate.
Here are few interesting stats about making your WordPress sites mobile friendly.
- Most people wait about 5 seconds for a website to load on their smart phones compared to 3 seconds for most desktop users.
- PayPal reported that Black Friday 2012 purchases made from mobiles have increased by 190% compared to 2011.
- By 2015, mobile Internet usage will overtake the desktop Internet usage.
Here’s a screenshot showing the importance of using mobile responsive design.
So what else reasons do you want? Start using a responsive WordPress design for your sites or else you will be not only losing traffic but also sales.
Here’s what WordPress has to say about a responsive WordPress theme.
Responsive Theme is a flexible foundation with fluid grid system that adapts your website to mobile devices and the desktop or any other viewing environment.
In this post we look at few such responsive WordPress themes which provide a good value for money to a blog user who wants his website to look great on any platform be it a desktop, laptop, mobile phone or a tablet.
Table of Contents
- Responsive WordPress themes for WordPress users
- 1. Eris – Responsive WordPress Magazine Theme
- 2. Terra – Responsive Multi-Purpose WordPress Template
- 3. Jarida – Responsive WordPress News, Magazine, Blog
- 4. Bolid – Responsive News, Magazine and Blog Theme
- 5. Pinpoint – Responsive Multi-Purpose WP Theme
- 6. Nerea WordPress Responsive Theme
- 7. King Power – Retina Ready Multi-Purpose Theme
- 8. Typegrid – Responsive News & Magazine Theme
- 9. TrustMe – Responsive WordPress Magazine / Blog
- 10. Inspiration Responsive WordPress Theme
- Conclusion about using mobile responsive WordPress themes:
Responsive WordPress themes for WordPress users
1. Eris – Responsive WordPress Magazine Theme
A professional WordPress Theme – Eris comes with a design that is fully responsive, clean and flexible. If you want to start a new WordPress site that is both professional looking and is compatible across all browsing platforms Eris is the theme for you. The theme is designed in keeping the needs of those who want to use it as a magazine, news or for personal blogs. This responsive WordPress theme has a refreshing design and easily customizable to make your website design appealing and best suitable if you’ve a news related site.
Built with the latest technologies like HTML5 and CSS3 the Eris theme is completely configurable. The home page, posts and pages can be configured to the maximum extent with the easy to use backend interface.
Features of Eris Theme:
- Eris is a fully responsive theme which means it adapts to the screen resolution of the device on which it is being viewed, be it laptops, desktops, smart-phones or tablets.
- The Eris theme comes with unlimited color schemes. Primary, secondary colors of the theme can be chosen for the layout. Colors can also be chosen for text elements like headings, links, link hover with an easy to use color picker.
- This theme comes with the 17 custom widgets, which you can use in the left, right sidebars or the footer. The widgets include recent posts, popular posts, recent comments with avatars, featured video, recent pinterest pins, flickr, RSS, Facebook and Twitter subscribers counter, jQuery contact form and many more.
- Eris theme comes with 7 Page Templates, which include authors list page, contact page, contact form , archives page and full width page. Each of these pages can be customized from within the theme itself.
- To give the theme appearance Eris theme comes with 50+ Background patterns. With just one click you can change the background of your site or if you want to use just the color for the background you can do it so too.
- The Eris theme gives you the awesome power of 500+ google fonts to use them in your topography. This means that you can have unique headers, texts, font sizes, line heights that give your blog or website a unique character.
- The theme includes 50+ patterns which you can select for your website with just one click from the theme options. You can also upload your own background images or select any color to use for background with color picker.
- The amazing amounts of short codes that come built-in with the theme allow you to customize your page and post layouts. Lots of short codes help you to include message boxes, list styles, videos, social sharing buttons, drop caps, light box etc. with just few lines of codes.
- The .po/.me files included with the Eric themes makes it translation ready. Just change settings included these files to translate your website into another language.
Get a live preview and learn more about Eris responsive WordPress theme
2. Terra – Responsive Multi-Purpose WordPress Template
Terra – Premium WordPress Template is a Premium Responsive, HTML5/CSS3 WordPress template that features a clean, design that is suitable for a wide variety of websites. It’s the most beautiful looking responsive design where your visitors can browse your site contents using mobiles, androids or tablets without any hassle.
Features of this theme:
Terra theme has a fully implemented awesome Animated Transition Effects that are implemented within the theme with just a click of a button.
- The theme comes with plenty of Customization Options and more to contribute to an enjoyable, intuitive and functionally exhaustive user experience.
- It comes with lots of short codes like: Headers, Animated Counters, Tabs, Accordions, Testimonials, Messages, Lists, Buttons, Tooltips, HighLights, numerous Style Presets for the Portfolio Items, Page Title, Footer etc, tables and some awesome looking icons you can use for your featured text sections.
- It has a fully Responsive Design. It utilizes Skeleton CSS Framework and is 100% tablet/phone friendly.
- Terra – Premium WordPress Template is also Cross Browser compatible and has very clean code and documentation.
- It is a HTML5 + CSS3 based theme ready with latest web technology
- Clean coded and well documented
- 500+ Google Fonts fully integrated, applied to different elements via Theme Options
- Includes XML file for one click demo import
- Translation Ready, includes the .po and .mo files
- Includes the Awesome RevolutionSlider WP Plugin – $15 Value and Free Stock Images – $20+ Value – in the Package
- Includes the FlexSlider
- Advanced Theme Options Panel
- Advanced Version of Appearance-Customize Screen for a live preview of numerous theme Options, colors and other Customizations, like Unlimited Sidebars, Custom Widgets, cool icons, featured text integrations, SEO Optimized layout, social icons and custom widgets for adding contact info with google maps integration.
- Cross Browser compatible and WordPress 3.5 + Ready this theme comes with excellent customer support.
Get a live preview and learn more about Terra – Premium WordPress Template.
3. Jarida – Responsive WordPress News, Magazine, Blog
Jarida is a Clean Responsive theme for Magazine, News and Blogs . This theme comes with a complete detailed documentation with lifetime updates included. By using Jarida responsive WordPress theme you can easily customize your website theme options as you like to impress your visitors with your design.
Features of Jarida Themes are:
- Fully Responsive (with Option to disable it).
- RTL Support.
- Drag Drop Homepage Builder.
- Unbranded Powerful Administration Panel.
- Built-in Review System: with options of Stars, Percent, Points and the ability to display the Review Box in the top of the post, display the Review Box in the Bottom of the post and display the Review Box in the Top and the Bottom of the post.
- This theme supports schema SEO Rich Snippet and Review Microdata.
- The theme supports multiple page post.
- 500+ Google Web Fonts. (Change elements fonts in the theme settings)
- Custom Categories Colors and Background with localization Support (Easy to translate) and social media users profiles Support.
- Unlimited sidebar, optional Breadcrumb Navigation, built-in Related Posts Module ( By category , tag or Author ), pagination Integrated, easy adding of Google analytics, full Screen backgrounds, 23 Pre-Defined Background Patterns with unlimited colors, breaking News With three animation effects, most popular social widgets, and unlimited widgets for sidebars and other sections of the website.
Get a live preview of this theme and learn more about Jarida responsive WordPress theme.
4. Bolid – Responsive News, Magazine and Blog Theme
A new WordPress responsive theme for Magazines, News and blogs with modular and flexible home page, Bolid is built for heavy-content websites, but it is suitable for all bloggers! The cool features that come with this fully responsive theme will leave you awestruck.
Listed below are some of the features of Bolid responsive WordPress theme:
- Slick sliders and carousels widgets, modular featured sections and flexible layout and possibility to manage color schemes, responsive settings.
- 50+ advanced short codes with Shortcode Generator support, support for post formats and much more!
- Advanced theme admin panel, unlimited color schemes, modular Homepage (using Homepage widgets),
- News Ticker, single posts jQuery sliders,
- Blog template, posts formats: Standard, Audio, Video, Gallery, Quote, Link, Image,
- Font selector/custom typography – 53 fonts available (hand-picked web-safe fonts and Google webfonts), font awesome integration and WP-PostRating integration.
- Jetpack support (Social Comments, Email Subscription, Share buttons), shortcode generator (including layout short codes), unlimited dynamic featured sections in Sidebars and Footer, translation ready, WordPress 3.5 + ready.
- 15 Custom widgets, 16 design elements to style in admin menu, fonts (56 families, colors, weight, styles, sizes) etc.
Get a live preview and learn more about Bolid responsive WordPress theme.
5. Pinpoint – Responsive Multi-Purpose WP Theme
Clean, modern and with a slick interface, Pinpoint is the next generation of WordPress responsive themes. An incredible features that this theme supports helps you create content the way you want, with ease. You don’t have to be a tech savvy or website developer to make your website design unique by using Pinpoint theme. Take a look at the features of this theme listed below and you’ll find that this theme is simply awesome:
Features of PinPoint Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme:
- Fully Responsive design (option to disable if not needed). Works beautifully on iPhone, iPad, and other mobile devices & tablets and is WordPress 3.5 compatible
- Drag & drop Swift Page Builder, which offers endless possibilities of content creation and organization.
- Full SEO support with extensive meta options which provide incredible customization options.
- Unlimited color customization with WordPress Live Color Customizer. View color changes on the fly and choose what you like. Also comes with accent color options to help you match your branding and style.
- Features touch swipe sliders which are a joy to use on touch screen devices.
- Integrated contact Form 7 and is translation /localization ready with .mo and .po files.
- Translation/Localization ready – includes .mo & .po files.
- Demo Content provided for the demo & ALL 6 Example sites!
- SEO optimised content, semantic, clean, valid HTML5 & CSS3, shortcode Content Generator with 19 short codes, 2 different page layouts, boxed or full width, 4 header logo configurations, left logo, right logo, center logo, or full width logo, 8 footer widget column configurations, breadcrumbs support included.
- 600+ Google Web Fonts, new fonts are automatically available as Google add more!, choose fonts for menu/heading separately, Google or web standard, provide font sizing/line-height for body and h1-h6 fonts.
- Custom Login Logo uploader, favicon uploader, custom background uploader, 99 Preset backgrounds, automatic theme updates through the WordPress admin, fully Layered PSD files included and helpful, instructive documentation.
I’ve purchased many themes from here searching for the perfect one only to be disappointed, thankfully after wasting a fair amount of money I have found a theme that not only looks good but is also unbelievably flexible and easy to use. To top it all off the support from Ed is amazing, in fact i’m not sure how he gets anything else done. If you a thinking about getting this theme i’d definitely recommend it.
Get a live preview and learn more about PinPoint Multipurpose WordPress Responsive Theme
6. Nerea WordPress Responsive Theme
Perfect for sharing articles, photos, videos and thoughts in the form of a blog, magazine or news – Nerea responsive classy WordPress theme brings to your desk awesome features that you can’t simply ignore and makes creating one such site or blog a breeze.
Features of Nerea WordPress Responsive Theme:
- Fully responsive and highly customizable design with HTML5 /CSS3 features. Retina Display ready with lightboxed photo galleries, folding comments and customizable social sharing tools.
- Ad Server ready with fixed or scrolling content and really visual content editor. Translation and localization of content included with .po/.mo files. More than 240 icons included with enhance the typography.
- Customize Nerea in real time with WordPress’s new Theme Customizer. Change your sidebar and accent colors, your site title, upload a logo and more, all with a live preview.
- Enrich visually any page of your site with a full-width featured image, a slideshow or video from Vimeo, YouTube or any other services. You can even feature a song or playlist from SoundCloud or similar services, and make it the center of your article!
Get a live preview and learn more about Nerea WordPress Responsive Theme.
7. King Power – Retina Ready Multi-Purpose Theme
Clean, responsive with retina ready design, King Power is a super premium multi-purpose WordPress theme. Comes with flexible content layout and lots of other features which make it indispensable for a person who wants it to use it for blogging or an as a full-blown content management system. The great thing about using this retina ready theme is that it comes with over 450 fonts so you can use a wide variety of fonts to mesmerize your visitors.
Features of King Power Multi-Purpose Responsive WordPress Theme:
- Full featured admin panel with color customizer and page builder provides you with endless possibilities on how to build your website.
- Full localization support with .po and .mo files provided.
- Excellent SEO support with customized title, heading tags, SEO optimized content placement and options for other important SEO parameters to help your site rank easily in the search engines.
- Retina ready responsive design compatible with Woo Commerce.
- Live color changer with unlimited colors, unlimited sidebars and 6 predefined title background colors. The theme also comes with 15 overlay patterns.
- 6 Footer Layouts and 3 Blog styles(With Left, Right, Both and None sidebar for each)
- The theme has 450+ Fonts with a drag drop page builder, drag drop slider manager and lots of short codes to improve the visual appeal of your content.
- The theme comes with many uploaders like font uploader, logo uploader and a background uploader.
- Image and video sliders with option of static image, 5 custom post types, pricing tables, social sharing toolbar and social links on headers.
Get a live preview and learn more about King Power Multi-Purpose Responsive WordPress Theme
8. Typegrid – Responsive News & Magazine Theme
Typegrid WordPress Responsive News and Magazine Theme is a high-resolution theme for news sites, magazines or blogs that focuses on reading experience for all devices – mobile, tablet and desktop. This theme has a polished responsive structure, and thanks to a toggle sidebar for tablet portrait mode, the paragraph width is always kept well-balanced for reading. This theme has an awesome typography that makes your website visitors say wow.
Features of Typegrid Responsive News & Magazine Theme For WordPress:
- The theme supports multiple article formats (10 post formats) that include almost every type of content, text, image, video, audio etc.
- Theme supports multiple ways to display a single post like full width, full width header (post format) or default.
- 100% High-resolution (+FontAwesome) with ultra responsive layout and the option to have the sidebar you want, with consistent 300 px sidebar for great looking ads and responsive related posts module.
- Featured article slider, front page highlight section and front page widgets that can be placed above or below the recent posts along with social sharing widget to get your content as viral as possible.
- Accent color options, clear typography, unlimited widget sidebars, 6 page layouts with lots of short codes to insert typographic elements into your post with minimal effort.
- Footer widget areas with 2 full-width widget areas in header and footer (for ads), 5 additional base styles with full localization support(.po and .mo files included)
Brilliance of this theme is only outdone by the marvelous support. If you are looking for a news/magazine theme that can hold its own against new Mashable design, then Typegrid is it. Small compatibility issue with Jetpack plugin had wpbandit support team all over it, and it was resolved effectively. Highly recommended.
Get a live preview and learn more about Typegrid Responsive News & Magazine Theme For WordPress
9. TrustMe – Responsive WordPress Magazine / Blog
Developed on the Bootstrap responsive development so it looks beautiful at any size, be it a 17” laptop screen or a tablet, Trustme is a Responsive WordPress Theme, best suited for Magazines, News and Blog websites. It comes with 23 awesome widgets and 18 widget areas and 4 post formats (image, audio, video & gallery) and tons of theme options.
Features of TrustMe Responsive WordPress Magazine /Blog Theme
- 23 Custom Widgets, 18 widget areas, Responsive Design, Unlimited Sidebars
- Inbuilt Review Posts, SEO + Schema.org Microdata, Built with Bootstrap
- Translation Ready, Fully Widgetized Theme, AJAX Thumbnail Rebuild
- 3 Comments Type, Demo Content, Highly Customizable, Ajax Contact Form
Get a live preview and learn more about TrustMe Responsive WordPress Magazine /Blog Theme
10. Inspiration Responsive WordPress Theme
Inspiration is a Responsive WordPress Magazine Theme designed specifically for the Magazines, News sites and Blogs. It features a very clean and minimal design, if you are love simple and elegant designs don’t miss this theme.
Features of Inspiration Responsive WordPress Theme:
- Responsive layout with HTML5 and CSS3 table-less design.
- Multiple layout style with visual “Drag & Drop” layout manager and a visual short code designer.
- Localization Support with .po and .mo files.
- Unlimited sidebar, social media icons and integrated pagination.
- Multiple widget support for easy integration of third-party tools and apps like Google analytics, logo, social media links, favicons etc.
- Cross browser compatible: Checked in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome
- Theme comes with a detailed documentation.
Get a live preview and learn more about Inspiration Responsive WordPress Theme
Important Note to Remember:Before buying any responsive WordPress theme make sure to cross check your sites on all browsers as few responsive themes won’t load on few browsers. Although responsive WP themes load on all the devices, but make sure to use mobile testing tools to check whether the theme of your choice is loading across all the mobile devices and tablets.
In case you want to explore free responsive WordPress themes, I would recommend you to check Top 50 Free Responsive WordPress Themes list by Daniel Scocco.
Note: If you want to browse more premium WordPress themes that are responsive, give a try to Elegant Themes as they have 20 plus responsive themes. And if you want to read detailed review of Elegant themes before giving a try, you can do from here.
Other WordPress Themes Review:
Conclusion about using mobile responsive WordPress themes:
Many researches conclude the fact that, the purchases made from mobiles have increased to 40% and the purchase percentage is increase every year. So if you want to increase your sales and website traffic, make sure to build a responsive design on your WordPress sites.
Smart phones are certainly the FUTURE of the web they will not only increase your chances of getting more website traffic but they will also boost your online sales. People are searching for ways to get things done from thier hands, so the mobile Internet usage is increasing rapidly day by day. It’s always a smart move to prefer using mobile responsive WordPress themes because they are not only cost effective but you don’t have to put extra efforts or install additional plugins in making your site mobile friendly.
There is no doubt that responsive themes are the future of any website front-end. The better your website looks across devices the more are its chances of getting a favorable response from any visitor. We think that time is now for you to change your theme and go for a theme that is responsive.
All the WordPress themes mentioned in this article are mobile friendly and fully responsive in design (means your websites will load across any device). I’ve compiled only the BEST responsive WordPress themes so your choice of choosing them becomes easy as I’ve only shared 10 of them. I’d like to know your feedback about the themes that are included in the article, if you have any other great responsive WordPress theme in your mind, please share it in the comments.