TweetMeme Button: Must Have WordPress Plugin for Twitter
TweetMeme button allows you and your blog readers to tweet your blog posts and pages. This button also shows a counter indicating how many times a particular story from your blog has been retweeted. TweetMeme is one of must have plugins for WordPress when it comes about adding Social Sharing Plugins to a blog.
There are lots of customization options available with Tweet Meme plugin which attract more and more WordPress blog owners towards it. TweetMeme button plugin has been used by some of most popular websites like TechCrunch, PerezHilton.com, Break.com, CNET.com, Wired and Time Magazine etc. TweetMeme Retweet Plugin has already been downloading from WordPress Plugins directory more than 6 lacks times.
TweetMeme Button Installation and Customization Options
TweetMeme button is another WordPress plugin that you can install into your WordPress plugins with ease. You can download the latest version of TweetMeme Retweet Button plugin from WordPress Plugins directory here.
TweetMeme Button Customization Options
Here is the complete list of customization options available with TweetMeme Button that are a single click away from your mouse :
- You can add the Retweet button on your blog home pages, posts, pages and RSS Feeds
- You can decide its positioning on your blog and its styling
- You can use TweetMeme normal button or TweetMeme Compact Button
- You can mention your twitter username to make sure all retweets have a mention of your Twitter ID
- You can decide the URL shortner that should be used for your blog tweets. Available URL shortners’s with TweemMeme button plugin are bit.ly, awe.sm, cligs, is.gd and TINYURL
- You can send a notification to TweetMeme whenever a new post is published on your blog with Ping TweetMeme option
Here is a screenshot showing all customization options available with this plugin that I just discussed:
TweetMeme Button Plugin Features List
- TweetMeme Retweet Plugin now supports the official Tweet button of Twitter
- It shows the live count of tweets for a contents
- You can change your retweet source like I can mention RT @bloggerspassion
- You can decide the location where it’s button need to be placed on your blog
- It gives your blog readers the option to share interesting stories from your blog on their Twitter accounts
- Availability of Retweet button with shared count can motivate other twitter users to share it on their twitter profiles and there is every chance you will end up getting good amount of traffic from Twitter on your blog.
I believe that adding its button type widget on your blog can increase tweet counts on your blog posts to great extent. Daniel Scocco from DailyBlogTips.com has the similar opinion and he had claimed in one of his old posts here that he was able to increase rewets rates by more than 100% on his blog after implementing TweetMeme Retweet Button plugin on his blog.
Are you using TweetMeme button on your blog and how is your experience with it, please share in the comments section below. Also let me know if you any additional question or doubts related to this plugin.