Bluehost Vs Hostgator Vs Dreamhost: An Honest Web Hosting Comparison
Which hosting service should I choose? This is the common question before starting a WordPress site. If you are one among them and struggling to find the right hosting service for your WordPress sites, you’re in the right place. In this article I’m going to compare three of the best hosting service providers Bluehost Vs Hostgator Vs Dreamhost.
Honestly speaking, if you type “Bluehost Vs HostGator Vs Dreamhost” or anything similar search term, you will come up with thousands of search results.
It’s really hard to find the honest web hosting review because everyone wants to sell and make commissions. This often leads to more confusion because every other review recommends a different hosting. So I thought of creating a detailed yet most unbiased review of the three hosting services Dreamhost Vs Bluehost Vs Hostgator.
Let’s get started without much ado.
Table of Contents
- Comparison review between Bluehost Vs Hostgator Vs Dreamhost
- Bluehost is the #1 web hosting solution
- HostGator is Widely Used
- Dreamhost is recommended by many professionals
- Comparison Table For The Hosting Providers Hostgator Vs Bluehost Vs Dreamhost:
Comparison review between Bluehost Vs Hostgator Vs Dreamhost
Established in 1996 Bluehost is one of the oldest and most experienced web hosting company around which has been providing quality hosting solutions to individuals, small businesses and enterprise class hosting. The great factor to go with BlueHost is that they offer you an very low entry barrier – the price for their web hosting is pretty affordable for the class of hosting they provide.
Bluehost is used by many top bloggers like Pat Flynn, Harsh Agrawal etc. to run their websites. If you are searching for a better web hosting service at an affordable price of $3.95 per month, Bluehost is the right choice for you without a doubt. I am using the same hosting service provider on all of my websites from a long time now and I am fully satisfied with their services. So let’s start this Hostgator Vs Bluehost comparison with Bluehost pros and cons.
- It offers reliable hosting service.
- Bluehost offers free SSL certificate to every new and existing users.
- Bluehost also offers a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you are not happy with their hosting, you can cancel your account within the first 30 days and get a full refund!
- It offers free, unlimited email accounts for the top-end plan.
- It provides 24×7 on site support through toll-free phone, email and live chat. It offers fast, helpful, friendly customer service
- BlueHost’s hosting plans are quite cheap when compared to most of their competitors.
- You get a free domain name for a year included with your purchase
- Even though there are many useful add-ons available, you need to install many of them to get the full functionality you need.
- Bluehost shared hosting comes in three different packages. If you want to create only one website, then you can take up the basic package. If you plan to host multiple sites, then go with the “plus” package. If your needs who.is guard & site backup pro, then you should go for the prime package.
- It offers unlimited hosting resources. This means that you can host unlimited files and use unlimited bandwidth.
- Bluehost uses cPanel which makes managing your hosting account easier. It features an icon-based interface, themed layout and rich features.
- It performs automatic daily backups for all your website data and stored files.
If you can afford it, then the WordPress hosting on Bluehost is considered to be top-notch. If you are looking for a reliable web host with a strong reputation then BlueHost is for you. No doubt, BlueHost is the better choice for hosting personal websites and small businesses.
Although I’ve written a lot of reviews and discount codes on Bluehost, I still think you should choose it only after knowing its features.
Other features that help Bluehost stand apart from the crowd are:
- Highest level of support with their friendly and patient support staff.
- Veteran hosting team which is one of the best in its class and has all the ingredients and expertise to help your site succeed.
- Hold times that average less than 30 seconds and 100% in house on site staff in our Utah offices
- Bluehost has its own data center, they have build their own servers, and their own nationwide fiber network, above all they have build their own custom linux kernel so that all your hosting related issues are solved at one place and you are not left running around to 5 different locations to get your problems solved.
- Bluehost facilities include our 50,000 square foot headquarters with two secondary data centers locations totalling over 20,000 square feet of data center space.
- It has UPS power, diesel generators, and multiple 10 gigabit fiber connections to locations all over the world.
HostGator is Widely Used
One of the leading hosting companies in the world Hostgator was founded in 2002. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas but it provides services to clients from over 200 national and international locations. The company boasts of an employee strength of more than 750 placed in various countries across the globe.
Hostgator offers a vast array of hosting web options to suit different sections of its clients – shared web hosting, reseller hosting, vps hosting and dedicated web hosting. Recently it has also added cloud hosting to its service offerings.
One interesting fact about Hostgator is that it was founded by its current chairman Brent Oxley from his dorm room at the Florida Atlantic University. Hostgator is the widely used hosting option among most bloggers and Internet marketers. The reason is that, Hostgator lets you buy hosting option for monthly, quarterly, yearly basis. Anyone can actually start their first month hosting on Hostgator by just paying $0.01. Click here to start your hosting on HostGator. Most bloggers find it easy to pay monthly installments over paying for one year (like Bluehost) at a time. This is the reason why few people choose Hostgator over Bluehost.
If you are looking for a cloud hosting provider then Hostgator is best because their plans are very affordable and features are great. It hosts over 8 million domains and is one of the most popular web hosts in the industry.
It is a world-famous web hosting provider with services ranging from shared hosting to cloud. All your websites are guaranteed to be eco-friendly as HostGator has been devoted to environment protection by investing in Wind Energy and purchasing certificated Renewable Energy Credits. In this Hostgator Vs Bluehost comparison, let’s talk about its pros and cons.
- HostGator provides a control panel which is designed for ease-of-use and which is ideal even for beginners.
- It provides a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Just for signing up, you will get $200 in free advertising credits.
- HostGator backs all of its plans with a 45-day money back guarantee.
- If you are a beginner looking for ease-of-use, then HostGator provides many simplified tools for website design and scripting.
- It offers free migration service with all new accounts. Their expert team will transfer your website from your previous host at no extra cost during the first 30 days of signing up.
- It offers 24×7 responsive technical support through toll-free telephone, live chat and email.
- Some of the HostGator’s plans are more expensive than plans offered by competitors.
- Unlike many other hosting companies, HostGator does not offer a free domain registration upon signing up.
- Installation is very easy with just a few clicks as it provides 1-click WordPress installation. You can choose from more than 75 applications.
- If you go with the WordPress Starter Plan, you will get a ton of amazing features including a simplified control panel, apps and plugins for WordPress, speed boosting, enhanced security features.
- HostGator offers a variety of hosting plans. You can choose from shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, cloud hosting and WordPress hosting plans.
- If you want to host an online store, then choose the Business plan as it gives you a free dedicated IP address as well as a free dedicated SSL certificate. It is compatible with a number of different shopping carts and allows you to accept payments through various online gateways.
- It protects your site against DDoS attacks.
HostGator is an excellent choice if you want to host a blog on WordPress. HostGator offers such a wide range of plans and types of hosting that no matter whatever the needs or budget you have, you will find something to suit you.
If you are wondering what features you will get when you sign up for Hostgator, have a look.
The other factors that add to the status of Hostgator are:
- It is a leading and industry recognized hosting provider with more than 12,000 servers under management.
- HostGator has more than 400,000 customers and provides them with innovative products and services designed to complement their existing businesses.
- HostGator serves customers ranging from individual freelancers to Fortune 500 companies in more than 200 countries.
- In a customer satisfaction survey, approximately 90% of HostGator customers reported being satisfied with HostGator and the services it provides.
- HostGator’s management team consists of web hosting and technology veterans working together to ensure HostGator continues to provide the quality web hosting services it has become known for.
Dreamhost is recommended by many professionals
One of the top web hosting companies Dreamhost was started in April 1997 by four Computer Science Undergraduates at Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, CA from a single Pentium 100 web server using shared bandwidth on a T1 line that a friend gave us at no cost.
DreamHost is one of the largest and most established hosting companies online that provides better web hosting service for small businesses. It now hosts over 1.5 million websites, including over 750,000 WordPress installations.
Whether you are a new blogger or have an established business, you will find everything you need to grow your website.
- It offers 24/7 support via a ticket system only. You can open a request for support through your customer dashboard.
- DreamHost offers 97 day full money back guarantee which is a very long time.
- You need not pay a setup fee. You can choose to pay month-to-month with any DreamHost plan.
- DreamHost uses their own custom-designed control panel, so if you are accustomed to cPanel then you may face difficult.
- Their customer support is not up to the mark. They don’t offer live chat or phone support. Even the response from the support request is too bad that some users find it frustrating to have to wait for an answer.
- It offers shared hosting, managed WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated servers. It also offers cloud servers and cloud storage.
- It uses SSD drives for faster loading also a proprietary control panel instead of cPanel.
- It offers a managed WordPress hosting plan called DreamPress which is over 5 times faster than shared hosting. The servers are optimized for WordPress and can handle traffic spikes without your site going down.
DreamHost is highly rated for their fast and reliable hosting. But, if you need a lot of help in getting started then it may not be the right choice for you.
Other features that help Dreamhost stand apart from the crowd:
- They offer quality customer experience backed by the absolute best web hosting technology in the industry.
- People at Dreamhost are always looking for ways to diversify our offerings, improve reliability, and improve our overall quality of service.
- Dreamhost is focused squarely on providing quality customer service and the absolute best web hosting packages in the industry.
- Unlimited data transfer
- Unlimited FTP accounts
- Unlimited hosted accounts (you can host as many sites as you want)
- Unlimited sub domains
- Free domain name
Comparison Table For The Hosting Providers Hostgator Vs Bluehost Vs Dreamhost:
|Free Domain||1 free domain||Free primary domain migration + renew||1 free domain|
|Free blog Migration||No||Yes||No|
|Free Adwords Credit||Credit card/Paypal||Paypal/Credit card||Credit Card/Check|
|Discount coupon Code||Bluehost Maximum Discount Coupon Code Link||bpwebhosting||BPWEB|
|Link to Claim Your Discount||Bluehost Maximum Discount Coupon Code Link||Hostgator Maximum Discount Coupon Code Link||Dreamhost Maximum Discount Coupon Code Link|
|BloggersPassion Special Offer||Start Your WordPress Blog In Less Than 100 Dollars on Bluehost||Start Your WordPress Blog In Less Than 100 Dollars on Hostgator||Start Your WordPress Blog In Less Than 100 Dollars on Dreamhost|
Note: Choosing a web hosting service that offers an easy control panel (cPanel) is very important. Because most new bloggers are not all tech savvies, so the control panel of any hosting service that you choose must be easy to handle. All the 3 above mentioned hosting services have an easy access to control panels and all of them have 1 click WordPress installation. It means, you can install WordPress CMS on your sites by just clicking one link.
Or if you are still confused about installing WordPress on your sites, you can mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll do it for you. Also check out my free WordPress installation service (you just have to buy hosting using my links and I’ll install WordPress on your sites for free).
I highly recommend the above service because it’s not only free but you will the best optimized site that improves your overall search traffic and what not. This Bluehost Vs DreamHost Vs HostGator comparison won’t do any justice if I don’t mention the following most important things.
CDN and website servers: Almost all the website hosting companies are now offering a CloudFlare service to make your site loading time really faster. And the great thing is most of them are offering absolutely for free to attract more clients to use their hosting services on their websites.
Immediately after installing WordPress on any of these hosting services, make sure to get an appealing theme (I recommend Elegant themes, they look gorgeous and you can have access to all of their 87 themes by just paying $67). Because in online, first impressions matter a lot. If you are using a messy design, the chances are you are throwing away a lot of traffic and money on the table.
Money back guarantee: One of the essential things you need to check before selecting a web hosting service for your sites is to know whether they a have money back guarantee or not. All the above mentioned hosting services have a particular money back guarantee as mentioned below.
- Dream host offers a 97 day money back guarantee
- Hostgator offers a 45 day money back guarantee
- And Bluehost offers anytime money back guarantee (that means you can ask for a refund even after a year if you are not satisfied with their services)
And final factor you should consider before choosing one hosting among HostGator Vs DreamHost Vs Bluehost is the “customer support”. All of these 3 hosting companies provide customer friendly support but I strongly suggest you to read few forums to find out the right choice for yourself. After all, there’s nothing wrong in spending some extra time to find out the honest reviews of hosting services from the customers.
Don’t Miss: Bluehost Promo Code to Save 57% Money.
Conclusion about Bluehost Vs Hostgator Vs Dreamhost comparison
I really appreciate for making it to here. I know this is the most comprehensive (2500+ words monster Bluehost Vs HostGator Vs Dreamhost comparison post) review that you won’t find anywhere else on blogosphere. I put all the best efforts to give you a clear idea about what these 3 hosting services are all about and which one can help you with your blogging goals.
When it comes to choosing the right hosting provider – we have tried to simplify the decision making process for you by presenting various facts, company background and other data. The clear choice for us is Bluehost — we recommend it because we have been running our various websites on Bluehost and had a really good experience with them.
In the end it all matters to which hosting service provider you want to go with? If you like the comparison of Bluehost Vs Dreamhost Vs HostGator, I highly appreciate your thoughts. As always we welcome your comments and experiences with these hosting providers.