Both WPX hosting and Bluehost are strong web hosting contenders. If you’re looking for an honest and in-depth WPX hosting vs Bluehost hosting comparison, this post is exclusively for you.
But first things first. Why do you need a reliable hosting like WPX hosting or Bluehost?
- So that it is easier for you to;
- manage your site effortlessly
- focus on what really matters
- increase your site’s overall speed and performance
So now comes the most important question: WPX hosting vs Bluehost? Which one should you go for? Let’s dive into the details and you will find out what’s best for you.
Table of Contents
- WPX hosting vs Bluehost: Which is better?
- WPX hosting: The New Web Hosting Star
- Bluehost: The undeniable #1 hosting for WordPress users
- Final Thoughts
WPX hosting vs Bluehost: Which is better?
WPX hosting: The New Web Hosting Star
Let’s first start with WPX hosting. BTW we are using WPX hosting for over 3 year now (we migrated from Hostgator) and we are extremely satisfied with it. We’re also using Bluehost on some of our other sites so we know about both WPX and Bluehost hosting. So let’s get started with WPX hosting first.
1. Daily Backups And 99.95% Uptime Guarantee
The #1 reason for us to choose WPX hosting at Bloggers Passion is this: we need security more than anything else.
Here’s where daily backups come into handy. And WPX hosting offers daily backups at NO extra cost (whereas Bluehost charges you extra money for daily backups feature). So clearly WPX hosting wins here.
No matter what the purpose of your website, you need good uptime. WPX hosting offers you daily backup of your whole sites as well as guaranteed 99.95% uptime. The backup files are stored on a separate server and are kept for 14 days for better protection. So, if you lose all your website files, you can get all that data back without paying anything extra.
The sites that are hosted on WPX hosting are super fast. Just have a look at the following screenshot and you’ll agree with me that WPX hosting is a clear winner here.
Click here to launch your website on WPX hosting
The site loads in just 3 seconds, that’s incredible speed considering the fact that we have thousands of files (along with images, banners, comments, plugins etc).
You can also use your own backup solution including plugins like BackupBuddy or BackWPup and store the files yourself. WPX doesn’t charge you even a penny for doing daily backups. All of their hosting plans included daily backups as a feature.
If your site doesn’t show up when your visitors browsing your content, it harms your site reputation. So, WPX comes with 99.95% uptime guarantee which means your site will get loaded without any glitches at every single time.
2. Free WordPress Website Migration Service
Are you already using a hosting service like Hostgator or Dreamhost or something else and not satisfied with it?
Then, you need to find a hosting service that offers free WordPress site migration so you can effortlessly move all your website files to new hosting by experts. Luckily WPX hosting offers this service.
Most of the people are reluctant to switch web hosting companies as there will be much hassle of moving their site. It usually takes a lot of time if you don’t have any technical skills. There are plugins and tools available that can help you migrate a WordPress website. However, it costs money.
There is possibility to make mistakes during the process which can lead to downtime of your site. If you are unhappy with the current hosting and want to migrate then you can take up WPX Hosting as it offers a free site migration service where the migration service is reportedly completed in 24 hours.
Pick up any of the plan and enter all your relevant details. Submit a ticket to do the migration. Connect with their customer staff, give your website hosting details and you are done. Customer support team handles everything for FREE.
3. Fully secured
The sites hosted on WPX are safely secured. It offers unlimited FREE SSL certificates which you can install and activate in just under 10 minutes on your WordPress sites. SSL Certificates are responsible for the green HTTPS bar on the browser and it adds more authenticity and security to your sites.
It is the most secured hosting service. It also offers daily malware scans, free DDoS protection which are all seamless and run in the background. Google gives a little bit of extra ranking edge to sites that use HTTPS instead of the more insecure HTTP. So, you need to secure your website with an SSL connection.
However, getting an SSL certificate is very easy but implementation process is difficult. WPX Hosting solved that problem by providing free SSL certificates from Lets Encrypt. And the best part is that you can implement that within a few minutes by simply clicking a few buttons and installing a WordPress plugin on your website.
WPX hosting Pros and Cons
Let’s also discuss some of the pros and cons of both hosts so you can easily figure out whether it’s right for your website needs or not.
- Offers fast and effective customer support. Best customer service I have ever experienced from any web host.
- You can avail free site migration.
- It is built to power huge e-commerce sites which makes running WordPress easy.
- Supports emails.
- It supports other content management system also.
- All accounts include daily backups and 99.95% uptime guarantee.
- FREE SSL certificate.
- There is no complexity in using the interface of WPX. All features are straightforward.
- Pricing is bit expensive as it starts at $20.83 per month. However, you will get a dedicated hosting along with daily backups.
WPX hosting pricing
WPX Hosting keeps things simple with its hosting plans and pricing. WPX hosting offers 3 different pricing plans. You can choose the appropriate one according to your needs. It is worth paying money for the features that it enclosed.
The main differences between the WPX Hosting plans are the number of sites you can host on your account, how much storage you get access to, and the amount of bandwidth you can use.
1. Business Plan: If yours is a small business or if you are a new blogger, then this plan is for you. It is absolutely super fast and reliable WordPress hosting. This plan comes at $20.83 per month. You will get 10 GB disk space along with the dedicated RAM and SSD servers to boost your website loading times. You can host up to 5 websites with a bandwidth of 50 GB.
2. Professional Plan: If your website receives very good amount of traffic and if you are more advanced user or running multiple sites then opt for Professional plan. You can have more flexibility as you can also host up to 15 sites at a time without any hassle.
However, this plan comes at $41.58 per month and you can host up to 15 websites with a bandwidth of 100 GB. You will also get 20 GB disk space along with the dedicated RAM and SSD servers to boost your website speed and performance.
3. Elite Plan: This is highly advanced plan and is for high traffic websites. If you are getting a lot of search traffic to your sites and looking for a dedicated hosting which is super fast, then this plan is for you.
It comes at $83.25 per month and you can host up to 35 websites with unlimited bandwidth. You will also get 40 GB disk space along with the dedicated RAM and SSD servers to boost your website loading speed.
So what are you waiting for? If you’re liking this WPX hosting versus Bluehost post, make sure to give try to them. WPX Hosting also offers a 30-day risk-free trial so you can try their service before committing fully.
Click here to start your website with WPX hosting
Bluehost: The undeniable #1 hosting for WordPress users
Bluehost is serving its users for over 20 years now, they are launched at 1996 and they have over 2 million users worldwide. That itself says the popularity of Bluehost hosting. If you’re just starting out, Bluehost can be the #1 choice that you can prefer. They are affordable, offers excellent features and reliable.
So let’s talk about why you need to pick Bluehost without much ado.
1. Offers good server response time
To see how everything on your website loads, you can test a live website using tools like Pingdom. As it includes images too, it takes much longer to load than plain text.If you want to get a more accurate server response time, you can use another tool called Bitcatcha which allows you to test server response time without loading any data.
As you can see Bluehost server in the US performed under the fraction of a second. Not only the total page load time, the initial server response time is pretty impressive for a shared host which is <300 ms on average.
Have a look at the following screenshot to know Bluehost server time (it’s really better when compared to other hosting choices).
Click here to start your blog on Bluehost
2. Offers free SSL certificate
Bluehost offers free SSL certificate to every new and existing users. If you are just starting with a new site on Bluehost or migrating existing website to Bluehost, you will definitely need this feature. Bluehost will automatically install and configure SSL certificate. You don’t need to know technical details to use the SSL. Everything is taken care by Bluehost..
3. Offers E-commerce applications
With Bluehost, you can easily set up an online store with. It offers many different shopping carts like Zen, Cube, Agora, and OS Commerce. You get SSL security for your transactions, a certificate generated for free.
You will get unlimited storage space starting at the Plus level with shared hosting. That means, you can add as many products as you want to your shop. Unmetered bandwidth means your costs are steady and predictable even if you have months where you get lots of traffic.
Bluehost is not particularly known for eCommerce and some sites make it easier and faster to set up a shop. But, with Bluehost, you will get access to a ton of great features to help you sell online.
4. Offers excellent security features
Bluehost excels when it comes to security. You get three layers of anti-spam protection in the form of Spamexperts, Spam Hammer, and Apache Spamassassin. You get protection for your inbox as well and it is easy to set up filters. All your directories are password-protected.
You will be given the option to blacklist IP addresses, if you need to block access to your site. Another top-notch feature is secure shell (SSH) access which allows you to access configuration files individually and securely.
It also offers single-click integration with CloudFlare which provides even more excellent security features and speeds up your site. For thwarting DDOS attacks, CloudFlare is really good. You also get a lot of options to upgrade.
Recommended: Unbiased Bluehost Review 2023: Is it a good host?
Bluehost Pros and Cons
So let’s now discuss about Bluehost pros and cons.
- At a very low price, you will get Bluehost with tons of features. It is where it beats its competition.
- There are no hidden fees when signing up for your account.
- Bluehost covers its plans with a 30-day money back guarantee which means if you cancel within the first 30 days, you will get a full refund.
- It is easy to set up your website and manage it because of its enhanced cPanel interface. Just click on the icons to get to where you need to go. You can customize the layout of the control panel to your needs.
- It offers unlimited hosting resources which means that you can host unlimited files, and use unlimited bandwidth.
- You get a free domain name for a year included with your purchase.
- Bluehost comes with a dashboard full of applications so that you can integrate various services.
- The problem with Bluehost is excessive upselling. If you are on a tight budget, then it will be problem as it tries to sell you add-ons and upgrades and there are a lot of areas where you flat-out need add-ons for full functionality.
- Bluehost hosting shared hosting option sucks. If you want to build a faster websites, it’s not for you. It’s only suitable for sites with less traffic.
If you’re just starting out, the WordPress hosting on Bluehost is considered to be top-notch as WordPress itself recommends Bluehost as their preferred hosting service. The majority of customers are quite happy with Bluehost’s services
BlueHost’s shared hosting plans are very competitively priced that comes in three different packages, and you can choose the one that is right for you according to your unique needs. All Bluehost hosting plans allow you to install WordPress with 1-click. Shared hosting is the perfect way to start a new website that which has low traffic volume.
1. Basic plan: If you want to create only one website, then go for the basic package. The basic plan comes at $2.95 per month. You get one website, 50GB storage and ‘unlimited’ bandwidth. You also get 5 email accounts with a max storage of 100MB each.
2. Plus Plan: If you plan to host multiple sites, then go with the “plus” package. The Plus plan comes at $5.45 per month. It allows you to host an unlimited number of websites with no storage or bandwidth limits .
3. Choice Plus Plan: If you want Site Backup Pro service and need dedicated IP, then you should go for the Choice Plus package. Their largest plan comes normally at $14.99 per month that provides ‘unlimited’ websites, storage, bandwidth, email account and email storage.
It is currently on sale for just $5.45 per month. It comes with a dedicated IP, an SSL certificate, a complimentary subscription of their optional Site Backup Pro service and a few other perks.
If you ask me which one to take up, I say “plus” package as it offers everything you need. If you are a business user and in need of the dedicated IP and SSL then only go for “Choice Plus” plan.
Other than shared hosting, Bluehost also offers a variety of hosting plans for all budgets and sizes:
- Cloud hosting: It allows you to utilize multiple cloud servers, allowing your website to automatically switch to a different server in case of a hardware failure or high traffic.
- WordPress hosting: It is designed specifically for WordPress powered websites that it protects your WordPress site against common threats.
- WooCommerce hosting: If you want to easily start an online store with WordPress, then go for it as it is the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress. WooCommerce hosting offers you all the essential features to kick start your ecommerce store.
- VPS hosting: If you have a less traffic site, then Shared hosting is good. But, if you have a website that gets massive visitors then VPS hosting is good option to go. You will get a dedicated server to maintain your website files and data so your site loads faster even if your website is visited by thousands of people at once.
- Dedicated server hosting: A dedicated server to your website means you will have all the resources of the server to yourself. However, you will have to manage the server on your own.
All plans come with an easy to use hosting control panel where you can manage your hosting, create databases, etc. If you are just starting your website, then go for shared hosting. You can easily upgrade your hosting plan as your website grows.
Click here to start your blog on Bluehost
WPX hosting or Bluehost hosting?
So which one wins the race? If you’re read this WPX hosting and Bluehost comparison thoroughly, you will understand a lot of things. Both of these hosting services are different and offer unique features at different pricing options.
If you’re someone who is looking for the BEST, advanced and secured hosting choice, WPX hosting is for you. If you’re not bothered about spending some extra bucks, WPX hosting clearly wins the race and it’s way better than Bluehost hosting.
If you’re just starting out and looking for an AFFORDABLE, reliable and widely used hosting choice, Bluehost is for you. It offers a free domain for 1 year and also gives you excellent features. But it’s NOT as fast and secured as WPX hosting so the choice is yours.
The help and support provided by Bluehost hosting is average. You can contact their customer support representative 24 hours a day, seven days week, but wait times are REALLY longer than average. Whereas WPX hosting service is top notch considering the fact that they are recently started hosting service company and focused more on customer satisfaction.
All in all, WPX hosting is a better choice if you can spend some extra bucks over Bluehost.
What Others are Checking:
- Hostgator vs Bluehost: Find out which is the better host?
- Bluehost vs Godaddy: Which host to pick in 2023?
- WPX Hosting Coupon: Click to Get Maximum Discount Now
Recommended Web Hosting Resources:
- Which Bluehost hosting plan is best for you in 2023?
- Bluehost coupon code: Get 66% Off on Hosting + Free domain
- How to start a blog in 2023 [Step by Step Guide]
- WPX hosting review: Is it worth paying and why we are using it?
- Hostinger Hosting Review 2023: Should You Host Your Website with Them?
- Hostinger vs Bluehost 2023: Which One is Cheaper and Better?
Yes, WPX hosting claims to be the world’s fastest WordPress hosting. It is included with the 37-second support, WP CDN, free migration, unlimited free SSL certificates, free malware removal, and full backup manager.
WPX offers three different plans, Business (5 Websites, 10GB Storage, 100GB Bandwidth), Professional (15 Websites, 20GB Storage, 200GB Bandwidth), and Elite (35 Websites, 40 GB Storage, and unmetered Bandwidth) priced at $20.83/mo, $41.58/mo, $83. 25/mo respectively.
Bluehost is undoubtedly one of the most reliable and affordable hostings for beginners that offers a free domain name, free SSL, CDN, for only $2.95/mo.
Bluehost offers four different plans priced at Basic ($2.95/mo), Plus ($5.45/mo), Choice Plus ($5.45/mo), and Pro ($13.95).
If you are a beginner, Bluehost will work like a charm for you and if you are the one who is looking for speed and instant support, WPX is certainly for you.
This WPX hosting and Bluehost comparison is written just to give you a clear idea about the best service among them.
When you’re serious about making money blogging, be sure to invest money on the right hosting choice and here’s where both Bluehost and WPX hosting comes into handy.
So what are your thoughts about WPX hosting vs Bluehost comparison? Did you find it useful? Do you have any questions. Do let me know your thoughts in the comments.