Want to how to download YouTube videos QUICKLY for free? You’re in the right place.
There are a TON of ways to watch YouTube videos online but some people prefer to download them instead.
Why? It can be helpful if you want to watch a YouTube video offline or on a device that doesn’t have a proper internet connection.
No matter the reason, there are several ways to download YouTube videos.
In this guide, we’ll talk about all the options to easily download YouTube videos (including free options).
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents ☰
- Best YouTube Video Download Software: How to Download YouTube Videos?
- FAQs | Download YouTube Videos
- Final thoughts on YouTube Video Downloader
Best YouTube Video Download Software: How to Download YouTube Videos?
Using SS trick
If you’re looking for the easiest and FREE way to download your favorite YouTube videos, use the “SS trick”.
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to download from YouTube using SS.
Go to YouTube and search for the video you want to download. Click on the video to play and then pause it.
Go to the video URL and add “ss” before the YouTube URL and click enter.
Have a look at the following illustration for a better understanding;
You will be then redirected to a website called ssyoutube.com, where you can securely download YouTube video for free.
Here’s an example:
- Original URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e3GPea1Tyg
- URL with ss: https://www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=0e3GPea1Tyg
Here’s what it looks like;
Once you click on the Download button, the video from YouTube will be saved to your device automatically, for free.
How to download YouTube videos using YouTube Premium?
Want to download YouTube videos officially? Don’t want to install any browser add-ons or use third-party websites to download a YouTube video?
Then, you should try YouTube Premium.
Yes, it’s a paid option but YouTube premium has so many benefits including;
- Ad-free viewing of all videos on your mobile or desktop
- Save any video for offline viewing
- Background video play as you can watch YouTube videos while you’re using other apps on your mobile
- Access to YouTube music premium where you can discover millions of songs
- You’ll also get exclusive access to watch all YouTube Originals series and movies from YouTube’s biggest creators
- Above all, YouTube Premium subscribers also get special discounts on Google Play Music and Google Play Movies.
The cost of an individual YouTube Premium plan starts at $11.99 per month and for Indian users, it costs 129 rupees per month.
Here’s how you can use YouTube Premium to save videos to your device.
Firstly, sign up for YouTube Premium. Then, click on any video on YouTube that you wish to download.
Under the video title, you’ll see an option called “Download”.
Here’s what it looks like;
Once you click on the “Download” button, YouTube will automatically download the video for you so you can watch it offline.
Once the video is downloaded on YouTube, the download icon will turn blue below the video.
How to watch downloaded YouTube videos?
- Open YouTube from your signed-in Premium account.
- Click the menu button on the left side of the screen and click Downloads. You’ll find your offline videos ready to be watched there.
Here’s what it looks like;
That’s it, you’re done. All the YouTube downloaded videos can be played offline for up to 29 days. After that, you’ll need to connect your device to the internet.
Download using Savefrom.net
If you want to download YouTube videos from your desktop or laptop without using any software, Savefrom.net is a great choice for you.
It’s a FREE YouTube video download website.
To get started, visit this link and simply enter any YouTube video URL once you’re on their website.
As you can see above, once you enter the YouTube video URL, you’ll be able to immediately download the video for free.
Want to download YouTube videos on your smartphone? Then, you should download the SaveFrom.net YouTube mp3 downloader app for Android (which is free). It is the best free tool to quickly save all videos for free to your smartphone.
Try YTD Video Downloader desktop app (Freemium)
If you’re looking for a desktop app to download YouTube videos, you can try YTD Downloader.
YTD Downloader is a free downloader and converter desktop app for YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and many other online video sites.
Here’s what you can do with the YTD video download app.
- Download ANY YouTube video, audio, or even playlists for later watch
- Convert videos to MP3 and videos to MP4
- The ability to download videos from a ton of websites including YouTube, TikTok, Vimeo, DailyMotion, and more
- Download 8K, 4K, 2K, High Definition (HD) 1080P videos from all other major video streaming sites
- You can download unlimited videos
How To Download Videos with YTD Downloader?
Want to know how to use the YTD Download app for YouTube video download?
Firstly, install YTD Downloader on your device (be it a desktop or laptop).
Once downloaded, you just need to paste the URL of the video you want to download into YTD Video Downloader.
Here’s what it looks like;
Then, select the video quality (4K, 1080P, 8K, etc) you want to download, where you want to save your video, and then click “Download”.
That’s it, you’re done!
Our two cents on downloading YouTube videos
There are two BEST ways to download a YouTube video.
- Using an online video downloader
- Using a browser extension
Let’s talk about these two options.
1. The first option is to use a dedicated YouTube downloading website.
Few of the best sites:
These sites usually have a simple interface that allows you to paste in the URL of the video you want to download. Once the download is complete, you can usually choose from several different file formats and video resolution options.
2. The second option to download YouTube videos is this: use a browser extension or plugin. These add-ons usually work with Firefox or Chrome, and they add a “Download” button directly to YouTube pages.
Once you’ve installed the extension, simply click the button to start downloading the video.
Keep in mind that some browser extensions may not be compatible with all websites, so you may need to try more than one before finding one that works with YouTube.
FAQs | Download YouTube Videos
Here are some of the frequently asked questions on YouTube video downloads.
There are multiple ways to download YouTube videos for free including subscribing to YouTube Premium, using the Savefrom.net website, or installing browser add-ons.
YouTube Premium is a monthly subscription-based service that gives you an ad-free experience and exclusive videos. YouTube Premium includes features such as background play, offline viewing, and access to YouTube Music.
YouTube Premium is available at 129 rupees per month in India ($11.99/mo in the US) and YouTube Music Premium at Rs. 99 per month ($9.99/mo in the US).
Simply adding the SS words before any YouTube video’s URL helps you download ANY video from YouTube for free. It instantly takes you to SSYouTube.com and it works well on all browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.
Here are some of the best FREE platforms to download YouTube videos without installing any software.
Yes, if you’ve access to YouTube Premium, you can download YouTube videos on your laptop for offline viewing.
- YouTube SEO 2024: 11 Tips to Get Your Videos Noticed
- How to Be a Successful YouTuber in 2024?
- How Much Money Do YouTubers Make?
- Best YouTube Keyword Tools to Get More Views in 2024
- YouTube Statistics Marketers Can’t Afford to Ignore in 2024
- What is the Best Time to Post on TikTok in 2024?
- What’s the Best Time to Post on YouTube in 2024?
Final thoughts on YouTube Video Downloader
Downloading videos from YouTube is a GREAT way to save your favorite videos for offline viewing. One of the simplest ways is to use a YouTube downloader program such as SSYouTube.com where you can copy the URL of the video you want and download it to your device.
Most YouTube video downloaders offer additional features, such as the ability to download a video with high resolution, convert the video into a different format or download just the audio track.
If you don’t need these extra features, try YouTube Premium as it’s the safest way to download and watch your favorite videos offline. So what’s your favorite way to download a YouTube video? Have any questions? Let us know in the comments.