Best SEO Tips & Tricks for Bloggers
Who else wants to increase their search engine traffic?
If you are searching for ways to improve the visibility of your websites, this page is exclusively for you where I’m going to share few incredible SEO tips & tricks to boost your search rankings.
What is SEO and what are the key factors of SEO?
SEO can be elaborated as Search Engine Optimization. SEO is the process of improving your website (or blog) visibility for variety of keywords. The search engine traffic you get depends on over 200 search engine factors. Here are few essential rankings factors you can’t ignore if you want to improve your search traffic.
- Domain age
- Content length
- Keyword density
- LSI keywords usage
- Page loading speed
- Image optimization
- Broken links and error pages
- Website design
- Alt tags
And the list goes on and on.
There are two types of SEO.
- On page SEO: The optimisation that is be done on the pages of the website itself (ex: using multiple keywords on your articles)
- Off page SEO: The optimisation that is be done on the pages out of your website (ex: social sharing, bookmarking, getting links from other blogs to your pages)
If you want to increase your organic traffic, you have to focus on both on page SEO and off page SEO. Ignoring any one of them can only lead to a bad SEO strategy which doesn’t give you lasting results.
Best SEO Tips & Tricks You Must Follow as a Blogger
Spend Some Time for Doing Solid On Page SEO
That’s true, we cannot get top rankings in Google for competitive terms without building quality links.
Along with that, we need to do proper on page seo to increase our chances of doing well for converting and high traffic keywords.
Sharing below basic on page seo check checklist you should follow:
- Include the target keyword towards the beginning of Title and limit the title length within 65 characters.
- Keep your blog posts URL short, but it should contain the target keyword.
- Add primary once into h1, h2 and h3 tags. Try to include secondary and LSI keywords into h2 and h3 tags once.
- Add primary keyword once in first 100 words and in the last 100 words of your content.
- Make sure your content should have at least one image or video to increase your chances of doing well on Google.
Also optimize your images. Image name, alt tag and caption should contain the primary keyword.
- Do internal linking to improve ranking for linked pages and add external links to high authority websites to improve your site trust score.
- Make sure all of your website pages should load within 2 seconds. If they are not loading within 1 or 2 seconds, you are losing lots of ranking potential.
- All of your website pages should also be mobile friendly. Use this tool to check your website mobile friendliness.
- And move your website home and internal pages to https version as Google is giving more preference to secured websites.
Off Page SEO is Equally Important
As we discussed earlier, we need to work on off page SEO elements as well to get higher ranking for competitive terms on Google.
And how can beginner bloggers build quality links to their websites?
- Find top blogs in your niche that accept guest posts and submit your best contents there to build quality links, authority and relationship with target audience.
- Be active on popular social networks and share your top quality contents there.
- There is no harm in submitting your blog in high DA blog directories if you have a new blog.
- Spend some time on finding questions related to your blog niche on Quara.com and similar websites and leave your links there.
- Find list of top blogs in your niche and start adding value added comments there.
- Use Skyscraper technique to build lots of quality links organically.
- Use broken link building technique to build more quality links for your home and internal pages
- Create great videos, infographics and spread words about them.
- Participate in Expert roundups and try to be interviewed by other bloggers (of your niche)
- Give testimonials to websites offering high quality products and services in your niche.
- Read this guide if you want to buy backlinks for link building
Best Tools & Plugins Needed for Perfect SEO
There are some essential tools and plugins we should be using to improve our website SEO further.
SEMrush (All in One SEO Tool)
We have been using SEMrush for the last three year now and has been our one stop solution for all of SEO problems.
- We are using SEMrush Site Audit feature to keep a check on our website health
- Using their rank tracking tool to check our website ranking on Google (Desktop/Mobile) in demographics of our interest.
- Finding lots of less competitive, profitable and high traffic keywords using keyword magic tool.
- Checking our own and competitor backlinks. Also using them to get rid of toxic backlinks.
- Finding highest traffic keywords for competitor websites. This is how we come up with lots of new content ideas as well.
Recommended WordPress Plugins
- Plugins helpful for improving the speed: Imagify and W3 Total Cache
- SEO: Yoast SEO (Premium), Author Hreview (to get star ratings)
- Others: Social Warfare (for social icons), Easy Affiliate Links (to cloak affiliate links), Table of Content Plus (to show Content index) and TablePress (to show beautiful tables)
More Helpful Tools for Bloggers:
- We are using Drip to manage our email list
- Using CrazyEgg.com for heatmaps (to improve conversions)
- Grammarly to write error free contents.
Useful tips and tricks for Beginners & Advanced Bloggers
- Use this guide to improve your website domain and page authority
- Learn how to recover from Google Panda penalty
- SEO case study to help you understand how much time it takes to rank for a competitive term on Google
- Learn how SEMrush helped us improve organic traffic by 15% in 30 days.
Do you have any question around SEO or looking for some best SEO tips? You have landed on the right place. Lots of topics in brief and detail will be discussed here. I will be pointing to some of my posts where I had written about SEO tips through this page.
So all in all, lots of topics related to search engine optimization has been covered on this page. I’m just keeps on adding new tips and tricks related to SEO on this page regularly.