How to Improve Your Website Rankings On Google Instantly [Proven Tips]
How can I improve my website rankings on Google is one of the most asked questions by bloggers.
We all know Google’s traffic is the king of all traffic sources.
But increasing your search engine traffic is not easy unless you have a clear SEO strategy. If you are struggling to increase your website rankings on Google, this post is a feast for you.
You are going to discover five of the secret strategies that you can use to immediately improve your website rankings on Google. Are you curious to find them out? Let’s dig into the details then.
Table of Contents
- 5 Strategies to Immediately Improve Website Rankings on Google
5 Strategies to Immediately Improve Website Rankings on Google
#1. There’s no Substitute for Long Form of Content
Did you know that creating one article of 2,000+ words is better than posting two articles of 1000 words?
According to a research done by the SEO expert Neil Patel, content between 2,000 to 2,500 words seems to rank the highest in search engine results.
That’s a PROVEN fact indeed. Because from last 2 years, I’ve been only posting articles that are between 2000 to 3000 words and the results are amazing. I’ve increased my search engine traffic and sales. You can also read the case study here.
Apart from the above, here are 3 strong benefits of creating detailed content.
- Detailed content (usually contains 1500 to 2500 or even more words) attracts more backlinks. Other bloggers are most likely to link to your content if it’s well researched and really detailed. If someone writes a detailed post and links to me, I’ll make sure to link to it back if I find it useful for my audience.
- Long form of content attracts more social shares. Check out any blog post written by bloggers like Pat Flynn, Neil Patel etc. They get a TON of social shares and they always post detailed content.
- Long form of content also ranks well on Google. Google gives top priority to the sites that are information rich.
So if you are struggling to increase your search engine traffic even after writing blog posts regularly, switch your content creation strategy to create detailed content. And see the magic by yourself.
That being said, here’s another secret SEO hack you can implement to improve your website rankings on Google almost instantly.
Updating Your Old Blog Posts
Yes, you have heard it right. Updating your old blog posts is the surefire and quickest way to increase website rankings.
Did you know that many of your competitors are ranking on first page results for your primary keywords just because they regularly update their old blog posts?
Updating old blog posts improve your website traffic. See the data by yourself done by HubSpot team.
By updating your old blog posts, they can get better search rankings. The following things you should keep in mind while updating old blog posts to rank well on Google.
- Find and use few more keywords in your old blog posts. That way you can rank for multiple keywords.
- Update your information if it’s old or non informative. Also, update all the images along with the screenshots.
- Share your old blog posts on social media sites by using better headlines. Yes, you can also change your titles for quick boost in your search rankings.
- Link to few more articles. You can also use external links to other sites and email the people whom you have linked about it. They might share or even link to your stuff.
- While updating old content, make sure to remove any unwanted information that’s not useful. You don’t need more words but your content should be highly authoritative, relevant and useful.
#2. Start Working on Lower Ranking Keywords
It’s important for you to know your current keyword positions. Without tracking your keyword positions on Google, it’s impossible to increase your website rankings on Google instantly.
Once you know all the lower rankings keywords for your site (I mean the keywords that are ranking on page 2, 3 or so on), create a list of all of them on a spreadsheet.
That’s how you can keep a list of all the lower rankings keywords at one place so you can start working on them to boost their rankings on Google.
If you are wondering how to increase the website rankings of your lower ranking keywords, here are few tips that can help you.
Step 1: Keep a track of all the positions of your keywords. You can use tools like SEMrush, Long Tail Pro etc. Here are 10 top tools you can use to find positions of your keywords on Google.
Step 2: Make TWO lists of your keyword rankings. Include all the 1st page ranking keywords on Google and the other list is to include all the 2nd, 3rd page or lower ranking keywords.
Step 3: Now, you will have two options. The first one is the use the 1st page ranking keywords and working on them (doing on page optimization, link building, using few more keywords, adding links etc) to get the top 3 search results for them.
The second option is to solely work on the lower ranking keywords (the keywords that are NOT ranking on the first page search results on Google).
Step 4: As I said in the above step, working on your already published posts and optimizing them properly for Google can help you quickly improve your website rankings.
Quick note: It usually takes a month or two to notice improvements in Google search rankings after you update your old blog posts. Sometimes, you may see better results within a week or two. So being patient is the key. After all, Google has tons of pages indexed so it will take a while to notice great results.
#3. Use SEMrush
If there’s only ONE tool that can be useful for increasing your website rankings on Google instantly, that is SEMrush.
SEMrush is the expert recommended SEO tool which I’m personally using for over 1 year to grow my search traffic and sales.
Does the tool really effective? Yes, it is.
Here’s the proven data of how I used SEMrush to increase my search traffic within a month.
Here’s what you can do with SEMrush:
- You can do advertising research
- You can estimate the traffic of any site.
- You can find ultimate keywords that boost your traffic and sales
- You can do backlink analysis
- You can find and fix your site issues
- You can spy on your competitors to know their top performing keywords
- You can do domain to domain comparison
- You can track the positions of your keywords and many more
All in all, SEMrush is a great SEO tool you can use to boost your website rankings instantly.
I’ve covered a lot of tutorials about using SEMrush to improve your website rankings and here are two articles I HIGHLY recommend you to check out.
- Find All Big Reasons Why You Should Have a SEMrush Account
- How to Find And Fix Your Website SEO Related Issues With SEMrush
Exclusive deal for BloggersPassion readers: For a limited period of time, I’m giving you SEMrush tool FREE for next 14 days. Use This Special Link to grab it immediately.
Last but not least, here’s an excellent article on using SEMrush to find profitable keywords which increase your overall website traffic and search rankings.
#4. Strategic Keyword Research is the Key
Don’t use vague keywords like “buy cars”. They are NOT going to help you increase your website rankings on Google.
Instead use strategic long tail keywords like “buy cars under 10 lakhs in Delhi”.
Did you see that?
There’s a HUGE difference between the short tail keyword like “buy cars” and the long tail keyword like “buy cars under 10 lakhs in Delhi”. Here’s the search demand curve for long tail keywords.
Long tail keywords are easier to rank for and they can usually have very low competition so you can increase your website rankings on Google immediately after creating content.
I’ve a few SECRET tips to find really low competitive and highly profitable keywords.
- First off, make a keyword list (50 to 100 keywords) by analyzing your competitors. You can easily do so by using SEMrush. You can grab their 14 days free trial from here.
- Secondly, find all the relevant keywords for those keyword list that you find from the above step. Now, you also need to find their monthly search volume. As a rule of thumb, make sure to target the keywords with 500 to 1500 monthly searches as they will help you quickly boost your search traffic because of low competition.
- Third step is to analyze the keyword difficulty. Again, tools like SEMrush can easily help you find the difficulty of your keywords so you can easily know which keywords are easier to rank for.
- Now, the final step is to create content around the keywords that you come up with after implementing the above 3 steps. Bingo. You have successfully laid out a strategic keyword research strategy that’s going to help you boost your search rankings within a few weeks.
Again, I’m saying you without keyword research, it’s impossible to improve your website rankings on Google. So make sure to give it #1 priority while creating content. If possible spend a week or two just creating an initial list of keywords that you can use in the coming months to grow your traffic.
#5. Become Good at On Page Optimization
Most people don’t pay any attention to optimizing their content for search engines.
You can’t improve your website rankings without doing on page optimization. What is on page optimization?
To put it simply, the keywords that you include in your title, meta description, body, sub headings, URL, image alt tags are all known as on page SEO optimization.
It is ESSENTIAL for you to boost your search engine rankings.
If you are a beginner and wondering how to become a master at on page optimization, I’ve a simple tip for you.
Right now, install this incredible WordPress plugin (SEO by Yoast, free plugin). It helps you easily optimize your blog posts for a specific keyword.
All you need to do is to pick a primary keyword (let’s say “best cars to buy in 2018”) and the plugin gives you an analysis on where to put that keyword in your page to rank higher.
Basically you can use this plugin to put your primary keyword in the following places so you can easily improve your blog search engine rankings quickly.
- Page title
- Meta description
- Image alt tag
- Beginning of your article
- Sub headings
- Keyword density (maintain a ratio of 1 to 2%, not more than that!)
All the above things can be easily done by using WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin. It’s one of the most downloaded plugins (over 1 million downloads) and also the highly recommend plugin for bloggers who want to improve their website rankings on Google.
Final thoughts about increasing your website rankings on Google quickly
Google is known for its frequent updates. According to Moz, Google makes over 500 changes to its algorithm every single year. Each time when Google rolls out an update, either you will see a huge traffic spike or drop in your sites search traffic.
So increasing your website rankings on Google is one part and sustaining those rankings is another part. That’s the reason why SEO is a nightmare for most bloggers and marketers.
But if you are consistently focusing on creating authoritative long form of content, getting natural links from other sites and frequently using strategic long tail keywords in your blog posts can really help you improve your website rankings on Google almost instantly.
So what are your thoughts? Do you have any more tips or strategies that can help others improve website rankings on Google immediately? Share them in the comments.