Top 10 Marketplaces To Find And Buy Expired Domains in 2018
Are you interested in buying expired domains? Do you want to grab the best domains with high PR and get all the information such as PageRank, domain age, backlinks about the expired domains?
Well, you are in the right page. In this detailed guide, I’m going to talk about all the necessary information about buying expired domains and I’ll also show you top 10 sites to buy expired domains.
Let’s talk about the most basic stuff first.
Table of Contents
- What are Expired Domains?
- 3 major things to look before buying expired domain names in 2018
- Top 10 sites to buy expired domains in 2018 and beyond
What are Expired Domains?
Everyday thousands of domain names get expired. The reasons can include any of the following.
- Some people just may forget to renew their domains
- Some people who are not interested in renewing their domains
- Some people who don’t want to pay more for their domains etc
Most SEO enthusiasts love to pay for expired domains because few expired domains are like golden nuggets in terms of SEO and money.
Why should you consider buying expired domains?
Here are 5 simple reasons you should consider buying expired domains over new domain names.
- Expired domains are already established: They might already getting a lot of search traffic so it’s an added advantage if you buy an expired domain name which sends you good amount of traffic from Google.
- They will have domain authority (DA): Majority of the people buy expired domains for the sole reason of having a great domain authority. Whether you know it or not, having a better DA (above 30) can increase your search rankings.
- Backlinks: If you can grab an expired domain that already has a lot of backlinks, you are in luck. See, Google considers backlinks as votes. The more links a domain has the more faster it improves its search rankings.
- It’s easier to rank higher with expired domains: Depending upon your domain age, page authority, trust flow, expired domains tend to rank really well when compared to new domains. Most new domains don’t have any DA, page authority or trust flow so it’s really harder to rank well in Google. This won’t happen with the expired domains as they are already established well and might be getting decent amount of traffic from search engines.
- They are easy to type and remember: You can’t get a easy to remember new domain name without paying huge bucks these days. Gone are the days where you can simply grab almost any incredible domain name just by paying a couple of bucks. This is one of the major reasons most people look for expired domains because most expired domains are short and sweet.
3 major things to look before buying expired domain names in 2018
#1. Make sure to find out the DA and trust flow of the domain you buy
If a domain has DA (Domain Authority) more than 15, it’s a good one to buy. If it has a trust flow with more than 20, it’s a great domain which you don’t want to miss.
For your information, trust flow of domain is determined by the trustworthiness of the domain and is measured by Majestic SEO.
#2. Verify whether the expired domain you want to buy isn’t banned anywhere
You need to check if the expired domain you want to buy is banned by Google AdSense or Google crawlers or not. If they are banned, then there’s no reason for you to buy it because you will have a lot of troubles in the long run.
You can use tools like IsBanned.com, BannedCheck etc to verify whether a domain is banned by Google or not.
#3. Check the number of backlinks of the domain you are interested in
As I said earlier in the post, if an expired domain has good number of backlinks, it is much easier for you to rank higher for most of the keywords you try to rank for in the future. You can use tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs etc to find the number of backlinks of any domain name.
You can check backlinks metrics like
- Number of backlinks
- Number of anchor links
- Number of referring domains etc.
I hope now you will be able to find a good expired domain after understanding the above things mentioned in this guide. Now, let’s talk about few top websites to buy expired domains.
Top 10 sites to buy expired domains in 2018 and beyond
GoDaddy auctions is one of the major websites for buying expired domains. Majority of the people who wants to grab an expired domain name would end up buying from here.
Not only you will get a lot of better deals but because of its largest customer base, you can quickly find decent expired domains at an affordable price range using GoDaddy auctions.
By using GoDaddy auctions section, you can also use keywords to search the domain names that you are interested in. For instance, if you type the keyword something like “fitness”, it will list you out all the domain names that matches with the keyword “Fitness” so you can easily make a list of all the domain names with your desired keyword selection.
The below screenshot gives you an easy understand about how domain auction and keyword domain search works at GoDaddy auctions.
DomCop is one of the top 10 websites to buy expired domains. It won’t take you much time, you can easily find great expired domains within minutes using DomCop. They currently have more than 20 million expired domains list on their databases which include over 31 domain extensions such as .mobi, .net, .info etc.
It also has advanced search functions like Alexa rank, Moz rank, Majestic metrics, Estibot etc to find and analyze the expired domains you might want to buy.
Here are few excellent features offered by the top domain marketplace “DomCop”
- See more than 10 million new domains every month
- Save time by using advanced filtering methods
- Filter out fake domains by using 40+ metric checks
Once you click “Show Me Expired Domains” button on DomCop, it will show you all the domain names with the domain age, page rank, Moz DA etc also along with the domain price.
NameJet is the premier marketingplace for buying expired domain names. They use advanced domain software which allows them to display all the domains for domain professionals, small businesses, and individuals to acquire domain names including those that just expired.
There are usually three sections in NameJet.
- Hot Picks: This is where you can find out all the hand picked domains by experts. These are usually of high quality with search friendly keywords in them and also they cost you some extra money but they are all worth the money.
- Last Chance: Here’s where you can find all the domain names that are going to auction very soon so you can make an offer to grab them.
- Open Auctions: This is the place where all the domains will be shown in open public auctions. You will find all the closing soon domains, all you have to do is to bid the amount to grab them.
FreshDrop is the world’s largest domain marketplace since 2007. There are currently over 3.7 million domains available in their databases. That means you will have access to millions of domains so you can easily find the expired domains according to your choice.
One of the major reasons why I like FreshDrop is that it will give you all the detailed information like Domain age, Majestic SEO metrics, Moz rank, DA, Page Authority, Page Rank, backlinks count etc. So you don’t have to spend extra time in finding and verifying the trustworthiness of a domain.
If you are blogging for a while, you might have already heard about Flippa. Flippa is one of the biggest marketplaces for buying and selling domains as well as websites.
It also has a dedicated search engine for finding expired domains where you can find all the active domains, soon going to end domains, brokered domains etc. Although the cost of the domains that you find at Flippa would be bit expensive but you will get access to one of the best sites for buying expired domains.
Flippa also provides a column called “Editor’s Choice” where you will get a huge list of all the expired domains that are worth purchasing.
6. Snap Names
SnapNames is another industry leaders that allows you to buy expired domain names of your own choice. They currently have over 30 million domain names that meet any budget.
You can search, bid or buy any expired domain name you might want to buy. They also have a section where you can have access to the hand-pick domain names by experts where you will get high quality and search relevant domain names.
You can usually buy from SnapNames in “backorder”. That means the domain names which are not expected to become available for at least 36 days.
SnapNames will wait for and try to obtain these domain names for you if and when they become available. Once they are available, you can make an offer and snap that domain instantly.
ExpiredDomains.net provides a HUGE list of domain names every day. Thousands of domain names literally expire every single day and ExpiredDomains.net is the place where you get all the valuable information regarding the domains you might want to buy.
You can also find deleted domains to register, ExpiredDomains.net also gives you all the necessary information like PageRank, backlinks count age of the domain etc.
1 and 1 is one of the industry leaders that provides all the web hosting services. They are operating from US since 2003 and since then are widely known as leading web hosting providers who provide affordable internet products such as hosting, domain registration, site creation etc.
1 and 1 usually allows people to renew their domains within 30 days. If a user doesn’t renew his domain within that time period, the domains will be moved to the auction place. This is where you can find lots of expired domains that you can buy.
Along with the domain details, 1 and 1 also provides you the following
- Email address of the owner
- Unlimited subdomains
- Free private registration
Most people only know NameCheap as the leading domain registrars but they also sell expired domain names at the most affordable prices.
You can find all the domains ranging from advertising to business to education and entertainment. You can also filter out all the expired domains ranging on their price range from under $25 to over $200.
With Domain Hunter Gatherer, it’s much easier to find unlimited brandable domains from all of the major domain auction websites including GoDaddy auctions, Flippa etc.
Their advanced domain name searching functions allow you to easily find all the best expired domains no matter what niche you are interested in.
With Domain Hunter Gatherer, you can
- Find unlimited number of high quality and high PR domains
- Find domains from a keyword or a site
- Find thousands of domains within seconds
Final thoughts about the top 10 websites to buy expired domains in 2018
If you spend a little extra time in searching domain names, you will get all the best expired domains that tend to rank well in search engines.
The above list of 10 top websites help you find the best expired domain names ranging from $20 to over $2000 or even more. The domain rate will be mainly dependent upon the trustworthiness of it (DA, domain age, backlinks etc) and it varies niche to niche (from marketing to entertainment to technology).
So make sure to know your priorities before thinking to buy an expired domain name. After all, buying expired domains is the fastest way to boost your overall search engine rankings.
So what do you think? Did I miss any more top websites to buy expired domains which are also your favorite? Please mention them in the comments and also let me know if you have any questions before purchasing expired domains.