Looking for an honest Bluehost Vs GoDaddy comparison? Are you finding it difficult to choose the best hosting choice for WordPress sites? You are in the right place.
Both Bluehost and GoDaddy are well-known brands in the hosting industry. Bluehost is known for reliability whereas GoDaddy is known for affordable hosting.
That’s why it’s difficult to find the right web hosting among Bluehost and GoDaddy.
So carefully go through all the features, pros, and cons along with the pricing of these two hosting companies to pick the right one that suits your budget and website needs. We tried to make it as much unbiased as possible so you can easily decide the best host among them.
Are you ready to find out the best hosting service among Bluehost and GoDaddy hosting? In this Bluehost vs GoDaddy comparison post, we’ll talk about 2 of the widely popular hosting services for WordPress users along with features, pricing comparison etc.
Table of Contents
- Bluehost Vs GoDaddy: Which Web Host Is RIGHT for You?
- Bluehost Web Hosting: What Makes It So Worthy?
- GoDaddy Web Hosting: Is It A Good Hosting Choice for WordPress?
- Bluehost or GoDaddy: Which is best?
- FAQs About Bluehost And GoDaddy
- Final Thoughts on GoDaddy Vs Bluehost
Bluehost Vs GoDaddy: Which Web Host Is RIGHT for You?
|Pricing||$2.95/mo (after discount)||$2.49/mo|
|Free domain||Yes (except basic plan)||No|
|Money back guarantee||30 days||30 days|
|Officially recommended by WordPress||Yes||No|
|Sign Up Link|
Let’s first get started with Bluehost, then we’ll talk about GoDaddy hosting along with pros, cons, features, and pricing. We’ll later also talk about the ultimate winner among both the hosts along with some of the interesting facts about them.
Bluehost Web Hosting: What Makes It So Worthy?
Bluehost is one of the most popular hosting choices for WordPress sites. In fact, WordPress itself recommends Bluehost as its hosting choice (on WordPress.org platform). Bluehost was founded way back in 2003, which is now run by the Endurance International Group which is hosting over 2 million domains worldwide.
Exclusive: Click to find more about Bluehost coupon code for 2023 where you can save more.
Bluehost also has excellent uptime.
As you can see above, it has 99.931% uptime in the last 30 days.
Here’s a list of all the features that Bluehost offers you;
- Free 1 Click WordPress Installer
- Unlimited Disk Space and bandwidth along with unlimited email accounts
- You can host unlimited sites using the same hosting account
- $100 free Google Adwords Credit (when you sign up)
- cPanel and SimpleScripts for easy access and file management
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- 30 days money back guarantee
- And many more
Types of hosting offered by Bluehost
Bluehost offers 6 main types of hosting plans which are listed below.
- Shared hosting (best for people who want affordable hosting)
- VPS hosting (best for people who want both speed and reliability)
- Dedicated hosting (best for high traffic sites)
- WordPress hosting (best for WordPress users)
- Cloud hosting (best for people who wants ultimate cloud hosting experience)
- WooCommerce hosting (best for eCommerce)
Let’s briefly talk about all of the above hosting plans.
1. Shared hosting: The good thing about using shared hosting is that it is really affordable and easy to start. But you will never have full control over your servers and performance of your sites since there are many people who share the same hosting resources along with you!
The shared hosting pricing from Bluehost usually starts at $2.95 per month and this is the cheapest plan from Bluehost.
2. VPS hosting: The reason most people use VPS hosting is that you get root server access with the secured environment. It is more expensive than shared hosting but offers SSD storage which helps you increase your website speed.
The pricing starts at $19.99 per month.
3. Dedicated hosting: With dedicated hosting, you get maximum control and great server performance. But it is expensive when compared to all the other hosting plans but worth every penny if you’re running an agency or a profitable business online.
The pricing starts at $79.99 per month.
4. WordPress hosting: If you’re a WordPress user and looking for fully managed WordPress features like free SSL certificates, enhanced cPanel, backup options etc – you should consider WordPress hosting from Bluehost.
The price usually starts from $19.99 per month.
5. Cloud Sites: Cloud hosting is simpler and really faster and also affordable. This hosting usually costs similar to shared hosting but offers high speeds. The only downgrade is that you’ll need some knowledge about how to better manage your servers.
The pricing starts at $6.95 per month
6. WooCommerce hosting: You’ll get dedicated support along with secure payments option with WooCommerce hosting and highly recommended for eCommerce business owners.
The pricing starts at $6.95 per month
To put it simply, shared hosting is like sharing an apartment with other roommates so your experience will be good or bad depending upon who’s sharing your room with you. VPS is like owning a small room, you’ll have freedom but very limited resources while dedicated hosting is like owning your own home where you can fully control everything around you!
So why are you waiting? Go grab the best deals from Bluehost using the special link below.
Click here to start your WordPress site on Bluehost (at just $2.95 per month)
3 Reasons to Choose Bluehost Over GoDaddy
If you are wondering why you should choose Bluehost over GoDaddy or any other web hosting service, here are few major reasons to consider it.
1. Ease of use
Hands down, Bluehost offers the most easiest interface for all kinds of users. No matter whether you are a tech savvy or a complete noob, you will find it extremely use Bluehost cPanel (control panel) which you can use to manage all things such as;
- Changing passwords
- Managing themes
- Managing emails
- Managing or modifying databases
- File manager
- Installing WordPress and so on
Here’s how the interface looks like on Bluehost;
As you can see from the above illustration, you can pretty much handle everything by logging into your Bluehost account and do things like installing WordPress, website management, and so on.
You’ll also get access to marketing credits such as;
- Google AdWords ($100 credit you can use for listing your ads on Google search)
- Bing Yahoo ads ($100 credit to use premium ads on Bing Yahoo ad network)
- Lots of discounts on themes and templates which are essential to build a great looking website
- YP free listing
- Constant Contact special offers to build and grow an email list
2. Easily manage domains, emails and backups
Bluehost gives you domain manager which you can use to easily manage all your domains at one place. You can also create unlimited add-on and parked domains, subdomains from your cPanel.
Not only that, but you can also easily create and manage unlimited email accounts using your Bluehost cPanel account with advanced features such as forwarding rules and account filters, Secure POP3 and IMAP support, third-party client compatibility, spam protection, etc.
Bluehost automatically creates daily, weekly and monthly backups of your entire hosting account, so whenever you need backups, you can easily restore your complete data with just one click.
3. Ultimate level of security features
It doesn’t matter what hosting you would prefer either Bluehost or GoDaddy, make sure to check the security features. Here’s where Bluehost security features excel when compared to that of GoDaddy security features.
Spam protection is one of the best security features provided by Bluehost and you get 3 layers of anti-spam protection in the form of Spam Experts, Spam Hammer, and Apache Spam Assassin which allow preventing your sites from spam.
With the IP blacklist feature, you can easily block various IPs from any part of the world. That means, if you need to block access from someone with an IP to your site, you have the option to blacklist IP addresses really easily from your Bluehost control panel.
Apart from the above security features, Bluehost also offers you Secure Shell (SSH) access which primarily allows you to access configuration files individually and more securely.
Here’s how to install Bluehost on WordPress in 5 minutes (just watch the video tutorial and you can do it yourself).
Pros And Cons Of Bluehost
How can we do a comparison of Bluehost Vs GoDaddy without listing the pros and cons? So let’s start with the pros of Bluehost.
Here’s the list of pros of using Bluehost hosting.
- Unlike other hosting companies like WPX hosting, WPEngine etc – Bluehost offers unlimited of everything with its shared hosting plans (unlimited emails, bandwidth, storage etc)
- Free domain for 1 year with all plans except basic plan
- Extremely easy to control panel
- You get access to 24 x 7 x 365 customer support from Bluehost
- 30 days money back guarantee
- Great reputation as a hosting provider (and also hosts over 2 million sites all around the world)
- Bluehost guarantees 99.9 uptime
Here are some of the cons that we found on Bluehost.
- Bluehost does a lot of upselling (on backup, site migration, add ons etc)
- Although shared hosting plans are affordable but not as cheap as GoDaddy hosting
- No free site migration or SSD storage
As we earlier discussed, Bluehost offers several hosting types such as dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, shared hosting and so on. Since most people (especially the beginner WordPress users) prefer shared hosting from Bluehost, here’s the pricing plans that Bluehost shared hosting offers.
Quick note: I’m a long term affiliate to Bluehost, so they give me regular discounts that helps you get Bluehost at a reduced price so make sure to use the above link for additional discounts.
Bluehost shared hosting includes 4 hosting plans which are listed below;
- Basic plan (the cheapest hosting plan, which costs you $2.95 per month, where you can install 1 website with 10 GB storage.)
- Choice Plus plan (the MOST recommended plan, which costs you $5.45 per month, and you can install 3 websites with 40 GB storage. You’ll also get a free domain and CDN.)
- Online Store (best for eCommerce owners, which costs you $9.95 per month, where you can install 3 websites with 40 GB storage. You’ll also get a free domain and CDN with eCommerce plugins which are worth over $450.)
- Pro plan (their most expensive shared hosting plan, which costs you $13.95 per month, where you can install 5 websites with 100 GB storage. You’ll also get a free domain and CDN.)
Recommended Reading: Which Bluehost Hosting Plan Is Right For You: Basic, Plus Or Choice Plus?
Click here to start your site on Bluehost (at a discount price)
What about the refund policy from Bluehost?
Yes, Bluehost does offer a refund policy on all of the Bluehost hosting plans with a 30 day money back guarantee. That means, if you cancel within the first 30 days (no matter what hosting plan you’re using), you will get a full refund.
Quick note: If you choose to cancel after 30 day money back guarantee period, you won’t get a prorated refund for the period of your hosting term which you haven’t used! The domain fee is also not refundable (in case if you’ve bought domain name with Bluehost while signing up).
GoDaddy Web Hosting: Is It A Good Hosting Choice for WordPress?
You might have already heard about GoDaddy for one reason or other. It is one of the renowned internet domain registrar and hosting company which has over 17 million customers worldwide which was founded 2 decades ago in 1997.
Most people prefer GoDaddy because it offers excellent features along with unbeatable customer support as they offer 24/7 phone support.
Here are some of the features that GoDaddy web hosting offers;
- Extensive 24/7 customer support
- Great set of tools for bloggers such as
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime
- eCommerce and SEO friendly apps
- Host unlimited sites along with unlimited storage and bandwidth
- 1-click install of 125+ free applications including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
- 1-click purchase of additional resources (CPU, RAM, I/O, etc.)
- 1 GB database storage (MySQL Linux)
- 24/7 security monitoring and DDoS protection
- And many more
Types of hosting offered by GoDaddy
Just like Bluehost, GoDaddy also offers different types of hosting options to all kinds of people with various pricing plans. Here are some of them.
- Shared hosting
- Business hosting
- VPS hosting
- Dedicated server hosting
- Managed WordPress hosting
Shared hosting from GoDaddy is just like living in an apartment with other people. It is cheap and allows you to run multiple websites in a single shared hosting account but the performance will be less since you’ll be sharing resources with multiple people.
Shared hosting plans from GoDaddy start at $3.49 per month.
VPS hosting gives you upgraded features with a safer environment and it’s better than shared hosting as you’ll be sharing your hosting environment and storage with very few people.
VPS hosting plans from GoDaddy start at $17.99 per month.
Dedicated server hosting offers dedicated servers which means only you can access all the resources from GoDaddy hosting which enables you more speed and security for better website performance.
Dedicated server hosting plans from GoDaddy start at $69.99 per month.
Business hosting from GoDaddy uses a combination of both VPS hosting along with an easy to access control panel which makes it easy especially for non tech savvy people to manage their online businesses without a fuss.
Business hosting plans from GoDaddy start at $19.99 per month.
Managed WordPress hosting offers WordPress install, daily backups and software updates for you. That means you don’t really have to worry about latest updates or backing up your whole site etc because all those things are automatically done for you!
Managed WordPress hosting plans from GoDaddy start at $3.99 per month.
So what are you waiting for?
Click here to start your site on GoDaddy
3 Reasons to Consider GoDaddy for WordPress
If you want to know more about why should you go for GoDaddy, here are 3 major reasons and benefits of using hosting plans from GoDaddy. Remember that, GoDaddy offers excellent pricing plans when compared to Bluehost or any other top notch hosting service.
1. User friendly websites
GoDaddy offers easy 1-click install on popular web apps like WordPress, Magento etc so you can easily install your blogging platform with just a click from your account.
It comes with in-built website designer along with few custom themes and templates that you can use to build a nice looking website for your business online. GoDaddy also offers easy to use control panel.
The control panel from GoDaddy is broken down into Hosting, DNS, and FTP so you can easily access and manage all your day to day tasks like traffic stats, email management, domains, etc. So even if you’re a beginner, you’ll find it easy to create and manage all your websites through the GoDaddy account.
2. 24/7 security monitoring and DDoS protection
Most of the websites that are growing in traffic usually suffer by one common security threat and that is DDoS attack.
This type of DDoS attack can quickly bring down your site by getting a flood of automated traffic to your sites (mostly from spam bots or automated malware software injection). That’s why GoDaddy has developed advanced security monitoring and Web Application Firewall (WAF) to prevent this type of DDoS attacks to slow down your website’s growth.
GoDaddy offers 24/7 security monitoring and constantly checks for DDoS attacks, malware attacks or any other brute force attacks that can harm your website’s security.
So if you’re looking to host on a hosting platform that offers constant monitoring and firewalls, GoDaddy can be a great hosting choice for you!
3. Cheaper when compared to Bluehost
If you compare Bluehost to GoDaddy, you’ll notice that the pricing plans from GoDaddy are much cheaper than that of Bluehost.
For example, GoDaddy dedicated plans costs you around $70 per month whereas Bluehost dedicated hosting costs you around $80 per month. Likewise, managed WordPress hosting from Bluehost costs you $20 per month whereas GoDaddy offers the same hosting for $4 per month.
So if you’re on a tight budget but still want to host your WordPress sites or eCommerce online stores on a renowned hosting platform, GoDaddy can be the best fit for you!
But you also need to remember the fact that, GoDaddy gets expensive as you continue to host your sites with them (their first year hosting plans are always cheaper and go up in the consecutive years) whereas Bluehost hosting gets cheaper with long term tenure.
You can watch this video to install WordPress using GoDaddy.
Pros And Cons Of Using GoDaddy
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using GoDaddy web hosting to run your WordPress sites.
Here are some of the benefits of GoDaddy web hosting.
- Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Disk Space and Host Unlimited Websites (except Economy plan)
- A ton of special offers on both hosting and domains
- You can pick either Linux or Windows hosting
- Access to control panel
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- 24/7 phone support and 30-day money-back guarantee
- A ton of useful addons to upgrade your hosting
Here’s a list of GoDaddy hosting cons.
- Customer support is not so good
- Upselling for better features
- Limited live chat support (not accessible on all days)
GoDaddy shared hosting prices start at $2.49 per month and go all the way up to $12.99 per month depending upon which shared hosting plan that you choose from GoDaddy. That being said, here are some of the shared hosting plans.
- Starter: Costs you $2.49 per month where you can host 1 website with 30 GB storage and unmetered bandwidth
- Economy Plan: Costs you $5.99 per month where you can host multiple websites with 100 GB storage and unmetered bandwidth and a free domain (with annual plans)
- Deluxe: Costs you $7.99 a month where you can host Unlimited websites, Unlimited storage and Unlimited subdomains
- Ultimate: Costs you $12.99 a month where you will get all the features from Deluxe plan and 2x processing power & memory, Free SSL certificate – 1-year, Free Premium DNS and Unlimited databases
So what are you waiting for?
What about the refund policy from GoDaddy?
Yes just like Bluehost, GoDaddy also offers a refund policy of 30 day money back guarantee. That means, if you cancel within the first 30 days, no matter what plan it is, you will get a full refund.
Quick note: If you choose to cancel after 30 day money back guarantee period, you won’t get a prorated refund for the period of your hosting term which you haven’t used! If you’ve used monthly plans, you’ll have to ask for a full refund within 48 hours (applies to all the monthly plans include all plans with less than a 1 year term be it 6 or 9 months).
Bluehost or GoDaddy: Which is best?
If you go through the comparison, you can easily decide which one is right for you. But let us demonstrate by showing where these hosting service stand.
Pricing: GoDaddy offers cheap hosting plans when compared to Bluehost. It’s cheaper especially when you’re on the starter plan where you can host 1 website.
Usability: Bluehost offers wide range of options to customize your site, so Bluehost is much better when compared to GoDaddy. Speed wise, Bluehost is better than GoDaddy hosting and you can look at the following illustration for understanding.
Security: Bluehost wins the race when compared to GoDaddy. Although both of them take security levels very seriously by offering DDoS protection, malware scanning, 24/7 monitoring etc but Bluehost offers plethora of other features that makes your site more secure.
Support: Both Bluehost and GoDaddy offers customer support assistance in all ways such as phone, ticketing, live chat, email support etc. So there’s no clear winner here.
All in all, Bluehost clearly wins the race when compared to GoDaddy. It also depends completely on your budget and website needs. So when it comes to Bluehost and GoDaddy hosting, the choice is yours so make sure to find out whether you want more reliability or affordable hosting plans.
Don’t Miss: Bluehost Black Friday Deals 2023
FAQs About Bluehost And GoDaddy
Here are some widely asked questions around GoDaddy Vs Bluehost.
With a wide range of hosting plans at affordable pricing, Bluehost can be a great choice for you. If you pay a little extra money, you’ll also get access to more incredible features such as dedicated IP, spam prevention, backups along with a dedicated support team of WordPress experts.
GoDaddy offers extremely cheap hosting plans that can fit within anyone’s budget. It also boasts a 99.9% uptime guarantee along with 24/7 monitoring to provide best in class security to all the sites that are hosted on their servers. So if you’re looking for cheap and superior technology hosting, GoDaddy can be a great fit for you.
In GoDaddy’s cPanel, take a backup of the public_html folder, export your databases, and update DNS with Bluehost nameservers. Go to Bluehost cPanel, assign your domain in Domain manager, upload your WordPress files directly or via FTP, create a new database, and import your database. Update the Wp-Config.php file with the database name, username, and password. Finally, Save Permalinks under Settings in the WordPress dashboard.
GoDaddy offers 24/7 customer support that includes phone support, email, live chat, and a huge knowledgebase. If you want to get in touch with their support team directly, you can contact their award-winning team at 040 67607600.
Included with a wide range of educational resources, their expert team is always standing by and eager to help you 24/7 via instant live chat and phone support.
Yes, you can get instant discounts (63%) on Bluehost web hosting plans. All you need to use this special link to sign up and avail discounts.
Click here to avail the best discounts and get started with GoDaddy. Select a plan, enter billing information, pay via any suitable medium, and you are done.
Undoubtedly, Bluehost is better than GoDaddy when it comes to web hosting services.
It does not matter where you are located or getting traffic from, Bluehost does its job perfectly.
Yes, Bluehost allows you setup self-hosted blogs and websites, thus you have full control over your websites. On the other hand, if you host your site on WordPress.com, everything will be under their control.
Bluehost SEO tool helps you submit your site in Yahoo!, Bing, and Google and fine-tune your website for better visibility.
No, we do not recommend Bluehost SEO tools.
Bluehost is far better than Wix. Wix is primarily a website builder whereas Bluehost is trusted by 2 million users for their reliable hosting services.
- Hostgator vs Bluehost: Find out which is the better host?
- DreamHost vs Bluehost: Which Web Host is the Winner in 2023
- Hostinger vs GoDaddy 2023: Which is the Better Host?
- Hostinger vs Bluehost 2023: Which One is Cheaper and Better?
Final Thoughts on GoDaddy Vs Bluehost
When it comes to running a self-hosted WordPress website, your web hosting plays a crucial role and it can determine the fate of your website’s success. Your website loading times, uptime, speed, and security – all depend upon your hosting. Just make sure to get in touch with other users who are already using these hosting companies to get a better idea about what to pick.
Recommended Web Hosting Resources:
- Which Bluehost hosting plan is best for you in 2023?
- Bluehost coupon Code 2023: Get 70% Off on Hosting and a Free domain now
- How to start a blog on Bluehost in 2023?
- Why should you use Bluehost for hosting your business website?
- WPengine vs Bluehost: which host to pick in 2023?
- Best Bluehost Alternatives for 2023 That Are Most Trusted
Both Bluehost and GoDaddy are in the hosting business for decades and they have millions of customers worldwide. So make sure to read the benefits and decide the best one among these which suits your website and budget needs. We still recommend Bluehost over GoDaddy if you are looking for reliable and affordable hosting plans.
So are your thoughts about Bluehost and GoDaddy? Which web host are you going to pick? Have any questions? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.