Are you looking for the best Fiverr alternatives for freelancers & clients? You are at the right place.
Without a doubt, Fiverr is one of the best platforms for freelancers to find work and get paid but it has got its own disadvantages. So if you’re tired of using Fiverr and looking for some better alternatives to it, this post is exclusively for you.
But before I deep dive into the list of Fiverr alternatives, first, let’s have a quick look at Fiverr and the services it offers.
Fiverr is absolutely an amazing platform, trusted by Facebook, Google, Netflix, P&G, Paypal, and many more big names for finding the perfect freelance services for your business.
Graphics & Design, Digital Marketing, Writing & Translation, Video & Animation, Music & Audio, Programming & Tech, Business, and Lifestyle are broad categories you can give and take services in.
Logo designing, WordPress customization, Voice over, Video explainer, Social media are some of the popular professional services available on Fiverr.
To start selling on Fiverr is quite easy and can be done in 3 simple steps;
- Sign up for free, create your Gig, and offer it to a global audience.
- Deliver great work
- Get paid upon order completion
Here are some reasons why Fiverr could be a great marketplace if you want to start your career as a freelancer.
- A Gig is bought every 4 sec
- 50M+ transactions done
- Price range between $5 – $10,000
Here’s a list of some of the best sites and alternatives to Fiverr you can use to find work as a freelancer or hire freelancers in 2024 and beyond.
Table of Contents ☰
10 Best Fiverr Alternatives & Competitors for Freelancers & Businesses in 2024
|Platform Fees (For Freelancers)
|Admin, Consulting, Customer Service, Data Science, Design, Engineering, Architecture, IT, Legal, Sales, Writing, Translation, Software Development
|Upto 3.9% processing fee
|IT & Programming, Graphic Design & Multimedia, Writing, Content & Translation, Data Entry & Admin, Legal, Marketing, Software Development, etc
|Higher of 10% or $5 USD
|Higher of 3% or $3.00
|People per hour
|3.5% to 20%
|£0.6 + 10%
|Upto 50% of the invoice
|Business, Design, Technology
|Upto 6% transaction fee
|5% to 20%
|5% to 15%
|A total of 20% or $2
|A total of 20% or $2
|Web development, Amazon Virtual Assistant, Graphic Designers, Customer service, Translation, SEO, etc.
Upwork is the #1 Fiverr alternative for freelancers, which was previously known as Elance-oDesk. Upwork is a global freelancing platform that is used by millions of people worldwide, where you can freelance tasks ranging from designing to writing to SEO to virtual assistance.
Upwork has a bidding system, where clients post their jobs, and you can submit your bids in response. In contrast, on Fiverr, you list your services along with their prices, and clients place orders as per their budget.
So if you want to reach out to clients then Upwork is a better platform.
Why should you use Upwork?
As a Freelancer
If you’re wondering why you should use Upwork as a freelance platform to find better gigs and make money, here are some of the reasons.
- Wide range of gigs: From Android development to writing to social media management, you can literally find hundreds of jobs to make money as a freelancer using Upwork.
- Extensive reach: You don’t have to build your own portfolio or build a list of customers who are interested in buying your freelance services, as Upwork gives you access to a large pool of clients who are ready to buy stuff from you if they find your proposals useful.
- Full-time contracts: If you’re doing awesome job as a freelancer at Upwork, you can also grab full-time contract jobs from your clients which can be useful to make more money for years to come.
As a client
- Bidding system: The Upwork bidding system allows you to review and compare various bids, considering factors like freelancer skills, experience, and pricing. This process often results in finding high-quality services at competitive rates.
- Flexibility in Hiring Models: Upwork offers various hiring models, including hourly and fixed-price contracts. This flexibility allows clients to choose the payment structure that best aligns with their project requirements and budget constraints.
Pros And cons of using Upwork
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Upwork and use it as a better alternative to Fiverr in 2024.
- Most of the users on Upwork are genuine so you don’t have to worry about fake clients.
- Access to a larger client pool
- It is one of the largest platforms for freelancing work, with 14 million users in 180 countries and $1B in annual freelancer billings.
- The processing fee is on the higher side at Upwork.
- It’s harder to get work especially when you’re starting out as a freelancer as you’ll have to build your own work by getting lots of positive reviews.
Upwork charges a 10% fee from both clients and freelancers.
- For Freelancers – 10%
- For Clients – 10%
For example, you finish a gig with $500 payment. You will receive $450 in your account and the client will pay $550 to Upwork.
How to sign up for Upwork?
Click here to join Upwork as a freelancer and start making money.
If you’re just getting started with your skills and seeking a platform that offers a variety of job opportunities, including design, SEO, and writing, Truelancer is worth exploring.
Truelancer is known for offering low-cost gigs, making it an excellent platform for newcomers to develop and polish their skills.
You can find hundreds of potential job opportunities from Truelancer as it’s a curated freelance marketplace that gives you access to thousands of top freelance jobs. Truelancer is a globally popular platform with over 2 million freelancers listed from 120 countries.
Why should you use Truelancer?
If you’re wondering why you should consider finding jobs at Truelancer instead of other Fiverr competitors in 2024 and beyond, here are some solid reasons.
- Access to a lot of categories: Truelancer presently provides freelance opportunities across diverse categories, including IT & Programming, Graphic Design & Multimedia, Writing, Content & Translation, Data Entry & Admin, Finance & Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Customer Support & Service, Social Media, SEO & SEM, Mobile Application, and more.
- Find freelance jobs by city: Truelancer allows you to search for freelancing jobs based on city. Whether you’re in Dubai, New York, Hyderabad, or any major city worldwide, you can find a ton of freelance work in all the major cities across the world.
- Cost-effective – Truelancer is known for low-cost gigs, providing cost-effective solutions for clients. This allows you to find quality freelancers without breaking the bank.
- Find city-based freelancers – If you have specific location preferences, Truelancer allows you to find freelancers based in cities across the world.
- Low professing fee – Trulancer charges a low processing fee (up to 3.9%) from clients as compared to other platforms.
Pros And cons of using Truelancer
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Truelancer.
- Get access to a wide range of freelance jobs and also use filters such as freelance jobs by city if you want to find local freelancing gigs
- One of the biggest platforms for finding freelancing jobs
- Wide range of categories to choose from content writing to SEO to designing so you can find a ton of projects in almost every category
- A limited number of new jobs are posted daily as compared to Upwork.
Truelancer Platform Fee
- For freelancers – 8% to 10% on all billed works depending on their membership plans
- For clients – up to 3.9% processing fee depends upon the mode of payment.
How to sign up for Truelancer?
Click here to sign up for Truelancer as a freelancer and start finding better gigs that pay you more money.
Freelancer is one of the biggest platform having over 71 million listed freelancers across the globe. Whether you specialize in SEO, delivery services, website development, or app creation, Freelancer offers a diverse array of job opportunities.
The process of finding work is straightforward – complete your profile and highlight your skills to discover jobs that align with your expertise. You will get free 1-month access to the plus membership that allows 100 bids per month.
Why should you use Freelancer?
As a freelancer
In case if you want to find out the biggest perks of signing up for Freelancer to find better paying jobs for your skills, here are some of them.
- 71 million freelancers: Freelancer platform is used by over 71 million freelancers worldwide to find jobs and make money using their skills. You can find gigs in almost any category you can think of and engage with other freelancers to enhance your skills and make money.
- Preferred Freelancer: There’s a unique benefit of using Freelancer platform where it gives all the freelancer a feature called “Preferred Freelancer” where all the registrants will get access to the projects with the biggest budgets on the platform where you can get access to 50% of all completed projects which are worth over $2000.
Pros And cons of using Freelancer
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Freelancer.
- It is a HUGE freelancing platform where there are over 28 million freelancers offering various services
- You can find freelancing tasks and projects almost in any category
- There’s an option of preferred freelancer where you can get access to useful perks
- Commission processing fee is on the higher side (where 10% will be charged from freelancers and 3% fee levied from clients)
Freelancer platform fee
- For project clients – 3% or $3.00 USD, whichever is greater.
- For freelancers: 10% or $5 whichever is greater.
How to sign up for Freelancer?
Click here to join at Freelancer and start making more money with other 71 million freelancers across the world.
SEOClerks platform is an exclusively platform for SEO freelancers where you can find hundreds of potential jobs all related to SEO.
You can offer a wide range of services, including SEO audits, backlink building, content creation, and social media marketing. Clients can also easily navigate through the platform to find freelancers who specialize in their specific needs.
Whether you are a freelancer looking to offer your SEO expertise or a client aiming to boost your online visibility, SEOClerks provides a targeted and efficient platform for SEO and digital marketing needs.
Why should you use it over other Fiverr alternative?
As a freelancer
As the name suggests, SEOClerks is exclusively made for people who are good at SEO-related freelance jobs where you can find jobs on anything related to SEO, including;
- Link building services
- Search engine traffic
- On-site related services
- Off-page services and so on
As a client
- 0% fee from the clients – SEOClerks doesn’t charge any fee from the clients. SEOClerks only charges a fee of 10% of the billed invoice from the freelancers.
- Exclusive SEO Services: SEOClerks is specifically designed for SEO services, ensuring that you can find freelancers with expertise in precisely the services you require to enhance your online presence.
Pros And Cons of using SEOClerks
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using it as a better alternative to Fiverr.
- Exclusive platform for SEO freelancers
- Provides a great opportunity to excel in the SEO field by working along with clients
- You can find a lot of gigs and projects since the SEO industry is only growing, and people are using SEOClerks to outsource their work
- Only limited to the people who offer SEO-related services
What’s the processing fee at SEOClerks?
- For freelancers – 10%
- For clients – 0%
How to sign up for SEOClerks to make more money from SEO projects?
Click here to join SEOClerks and start finding SEO-related projects that excite you to make more money.
5. People Per Hour
PeoplePerHour is a UK-based freelance platform trusted by over 1 million businesses and 3 million freelancers worldwide.
Unlike other Fiverr competitors mentioned here in the list, People Per Hour offers you a huge pool of job offers where you can work as little as 1 hour a day to start making more money as a freelancer from a wide range of categories ranging from business support to design.
After registration, you can browse the jobs posted by clients and send up to 15 proposals per month for free.
Why should you use ‘People Per Hour’?
As a freelancer
Here are some of the best reasons to use it over other alternatives to sites like Fiverr in 2024.
- A big network: Currently, more than 3 million people are using this freelance platform daily to either find freelance work or find the best talent skill set to get their jobs done, ranging from writing to logo design to business automation.
- Great perks for referrals: People per hour gives you some incredible perks if you can bring new clients to their platform (where you can avail of 0% commission on all future projects that are assigned to you). You can also get 30 Euros of referral commission whenever someone joins the platform using your referral link.
As a client
- Multiple types of job posting – you can hire freelancers with both hourly and project-based options. You can choose the payment structure that best fits your project requirements and budget.
- Easy to manage multiple projects – You can effectively manage multiple projects from your dashboard, which is especially beneficial when you are managing multiple outsourcing tasks.
Pros And Cons of using People Per Hour
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using ‘People Per Hour’:
- Gives you a ton of money perks if you send referrals to their site
- Access to over 1 million clients
- With flexible project timings, you can work as little as 1 hour a day to earn money as a freelancer
- Depending on your average score and earnings, you’ll get a chance to make up to the list of their leaderboard, where you get more visibility and high-paying gigs
- There’s just too much competition for gigs and projects
What’s the processing fee at People Per Hour?
- For freelancers – 3.5% to 20%
- For Clients – £0.6 + 10%
Toptal is an innovative platform for freelancers where only 3% of freelancers who sign up for their platform get job postings. According to Toptal, out of the thousands of applications Toptal gets each month, typically fewer than 3% are accepted. That means if you join Toptal as a successful freelancer, you can easily attract high-paying clients.
If you are a client seeking expertise in high-impact projects and skilled professionals, then you must try Toptal. The platform conducts comprehensive assessments and interviews to guarantee that freelancers possess exceptional skills, experience, and a commitment to delivering top-quality results.
Why should you use Toptal over other Fiverr competitors?
As a Freelancer
Here are some of the reasons to join Toptal and consider it as a better Fiverr option you can use to earn more money in 2024.
- Rigorous screening process: Toptal follows a rigorous screening process that eliminates almost 97% of the applicants in the first step itself. So if you can crack it and make it to the latter 3%, you will get access to a huge pool of high-paying clients to work on various topics depending on your skills.
- Access to top startups and companies: Toptal is used by so many great companies like Airbnb, Zendesk, Shopify, to find freelancers all around the world. You get to make more money by working along with some of the best companies in the world, which can help you elevate your portfolio later in the future.
As a Client
- Access to top-skilled freelancers – Toptal only accepts the top 3% of freelancers in various fields. This ensures that you get access to exceptional and highly skilled professionals for your projects.
Pros And cons of using Toptal
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Toptal:
- You’ll get access to their network (only 3% of people will get through) of high-paying clients
- Gives you access to work along with highly profitable startups such as Zendesk, Airbnb etc
- Toptal is known for providing gigs with high commissions, so you can get paid relatively more than other freelance sites for every successful project
- Very competitive screening process where only 3% of applicants will be hired, so there are limited chances, especially for those who are starting out.
What’s the processing fee at Toptal?
Toptal hasn’t clearly disclosed the fee on their platform, but they charge up to 100% on the freelancer service from the client. For example, if a freelancer charges $20/hour on Toptal, the client would pay the $20 plus Toptal’s service fee.
- For freelancers – 0%
- For clients – Upto 100% on freelancer charges
How to sign up for Toptal to earn money as a freelancer?
Click here to sign up for Toptal and stay in the 3% of freelancers who get access to the Toptal client base.
From digital marketing services to app development and music, you can find a ton of freelancing gigs and jobs according to your skillset on Twine platform.
You can find paid work across 150 different categories, including graphic design, development, music, marketing, animation, video and illustration.
More than 35,000 companies use Twine across the world to hire freelancers.
Why should you use Twine?
You get high paying jobs as a freelancer at Twine.
In case if you’re wondering how much people usually charge on Twine, here are the typical freelancing rates for various categories so you’ll get a better idea about how much you can earn.
- Graphic designer: $150-500
- Videographer: $200-1000
- Illustrator: $150-500
- Copywriter: $100-500
- Animator: $200-1000
- Web developer: $300-800
- Music producer: $100-500
The best part about it is Twine is a great freelance marketplace for all creatives, including musicians, artists, designers, photographers, and illustrators – so if you’ve better skills around these categories, you can literally find a ton of jobs.
Pros And Cons of using Twine
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Twine.
- No cut off or process fee since Twine charges a fee upfront from the clients itself
- Exclusive platform for designers and artists to find a ton of gigs
- High-paying gigs ranging from $100
- For beginners with limited skills, it’s hard to find clients and projects
What’s the processing fee for Twine?
- For freelancers – Upto 6% transaction fee
- For clients – 5% to 20%
Guru is one of the largest platforms for both freelancers and project creators, which is used by over 3 million freelancers and 800k employers worldwide.
You can find work across a broad range of categories, including programming, writing, design, marketing, and more.
As a client, you can choose from four payment terms for your projects;
- Fixed price
Why should you use Guru?
As a Freelancer
Here are some of the reasons to consider joining in Guru as a freelancer to make money.
- Most trusted company: Guru is one of the trusted freelance platforms that is used by millions of people worldwide. Guru has paid over 250 million dollars to freelancers since its inception, with over 1 million paid invoices.
- Multiple tasks: You can find job postings through various options like getting paid by the hour, getting paid by completing certain milestones, getting paid by recurring payments, getting paid by tasks and so on. So you also have the ability to find ongoing work if you want to find a career in freelancing.
As a client
- WorkRooms: you get WorkRooms for seamless communication and collaboration, which includes project management tools, secure payment systems, and file-sharing capabilities. This enhances productivity and streamlines the workflow between clients and freelancers.
Pros And Cons of using Guru
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Guru.
- Gives you access to hourly tasks, recurring tasks, milestones tasks etc
- Huge network of freelance jobs where you can find hundreds of postings on almost every category
- Highly trusted freelance site which has paid 250M+ dollars until now
- Used by over 3 million people worldwide
- You need to be a trusted seller in order to get high-paying gigs
What’s the processing fee for the Guru platform?
- For freelancers – 5% to 9%
- For clients – 2.9%
How to sign up for Guru to get started as a freelancer?
Click here to join Guru to find better freelancing jobs and make more money for your skills.
9. 99 Designs
99Designs is a premium platform that brings together clients and talented designers globally. Clients can post design projects, including logo design, website design, & branding and receive custom solutions from a pool of skilled designers.
Freelancers can also submit their design samples and get paid if the clients accept their samples.
Why should you use 99 Designs?
Here are some of the reasons to start your freelancing career to make more money using 99Designs.
- Exclusive for designers: if you are a designer, then you should definitely try your designing skills at 99Designs, as it has exclusive design-related job postings you can use to make money from your laptop.
- A high-paying pool of network: 99Designs is one of the ultra-premium platforms where clients pay hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars to get just one logo or graphic design. Unlike other Fiverr alternatives mentioned here, you don’t find cheap-paying clients on this platform. With over 440,000 clients using it to find freelance designers, you can definitely find a ton of potential clients for your skills.
Above all, you can find a ton of design-related categories, which are listed below to find freelancing work.
- Facebook cover Icon or button
- Illustration or graphics
- Landing page design
- Logo & brand identity pack
- Logo & business card
- Logo & hosted website
- Logo & social media pack
- Logo design
- Magazine cover and so on
Pros And Cons of using 99Designs
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using 99 Designs.
- Exclusive network for freelance designers
- You can find a ton of high-paying gigs
- Premium platform for design, logos, graphics etc
- You can get access to contests where you can get all the prize money without cutoffs
- It’s a bit difficult for beginners to find gigs
What’s the processing fee for 99Designs?
There are two different types of fees involved in the case of 99Designs.
- Contests: On 99Designs, you can find and start offering your freelancing work using contests where you can see the prize money when you participate in any contest. That way, you can easily find out the exact amount of money that the winner collects at the end. So there won’t be any cutoffs in your payment if you’ve won a contest. The processing fee will be automatically levied on the client.
- Private projects: 5% to 15% for every private project from the freelancers and 5% from the clients.
How to sign up for 99Designs and make more money?
Click here to sign up for 99Designs and start making money by creating innovative designs for your clients worldwide.
FreeeUp is a new Fiverr competitor that works more like the Toptal model to hire the best professional freelancers. Like Toptal, FreeUp lists only the top 1% of the freelancers on their platform.
FreeeUp focuses on a hands-on approach to screening and onboarding freelancers, ensuring that clients have access to a pool of highly qualified and reliable professionals.
They recruit, interview, and assess thousands of freelancers based on their skills, communication abilities, and attitude and ensure that only the top 1% of applicants make the cut.
Why should you use Freeeup over other Fiverr competitors?
Just like Toptal (where it says only 3% of applicants will be taken into account), Freeeup also follows the same philosophy, which only gives access to 1% of all the applicants who sign up as a freelancer on their site.
Apart from that, as a freelancer using this platform, you can offer over 85 different skill sets from various categories at an hourly or fixed rate (which you can set yourself to make money). Here are some of the categories included where you can find freelancing work;
- Ecommerce and Amazon
- Sales & Marketing
- Web Development
- Content Creation
- Admin Support
Unlike other Fiverr alternatives mentioned here, you will get paid weekly because all the billing periods run from Wednesday through Tuesday of each week. Clients are billed on Thursdays, and all the freelancers who are using the platform will be paid the following Thursday.
That means you can receive payments directly to the bank account set up on your FreeeUp account every Thursday following the end of every billing period each week.
Pros And Cons of using Freeeup
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Freeeup.
- New to the game but has a ton of potential clients who are looking for freelancers
- Wide range of categories to provide your freelancing skills
- Weekly payouts for freelancers
- Not as popular as other alternatives
- 15% commission for each project
What’s the processing fee of FreeeUp?
There’s usually a difference between the client rate and worker rate, which is 20% with a $2.00 minimum. That means if you have a $100 project, you’ll be getting $85 in your bank account, and the rest goes to Freeeup as a processing fee.
How to sign up for Freeeup?
Click here to sign up for Freeeup and start earning more money as a freelancer.
3 Tips to Make More Money As A Freelancer
Here are 3 of the proven tips freelancers can use to make more money from these freelancing sites.
1. Create Successful Proposals
While there are so many different criteria that vary from freelancing platforms, the surefire way to win freelancing gigs is to write powerful proposals that instantly grab your client’s eyeballs.
So how can you write successful proposals that win freelancing projects for you?
The ONLY powerful tip is to analyse your competitors’ proposals. Carefully analyse all the proposals posted by top-selling freelancers in freelancing platforms such as Guru, Upwork etc to see how they are writing;
- Description of postings
- Call to action and so on
Make sure to learn the art of copywriting so you can write magnetic headlines with attention-grabbing descriptions to attract more clients through your proposals across the freelance platforms and alternatives to Fiverr mentioned above.
2. Think Long Term and Build Lifelong Customers
One of the most common mistakes most freelancers make while getting started with freelancing is that they don’t think long term and always aim for getting weekly or monthly work.
If you really want to be a successful freelancer, think long-term so you can focus more on quality work instead of quantity. That’s the only way you can attract long-term clients who will be interested in working with you for years to come.
If you can satisfy your clients with your work, you can also attract more referrals from them and upsell your services at any time you want. That’s why you should focus on building lifelong customers instead of targeting one-time paying clients.
3. Position Yourself as an Expert
If you want to make a ton of money as a freelancer, make sure to find out your core skill where you’re really good and position yourself as an expert in that particular skill.
For example, if you’re offering freelancing services as an “SEO content writer”, you can charge 10x or even 100x more than others by positioning yourself as an “SEO expert writer” because people would love to pay more for the experts who know what they are talking about.
Most customers who are looking for freelance jobs also want “results”. They would love to pay more if you can deliver results with your work. That’s why positioning yourself as an expert is so important if you want to get paid more as a freelancer.
So how can you position yourself as an expert on these Fiverr competitor websites? You can use the proven tips and techniques mentioned below.
- Start a blog and build a portfolio: Most freelancers don’t think about starting a blog and building a portfolio for themselves. They always think about getting their next projects and making money, and that’s the reason why they can never position themselves as an expert. Just imagine having your own blog by building a great portfolio where you reveal all your projects along with the results and revenue you generate for your clients. People would love to pay you more if you’re doing that.
- Overdeliver, under promise: Give more than what your clients asked you for. If they ask you to give a 1000-word article, give them a 1500-word article, which is perfectly optimized both for search engines and people. If you can deliver more than what you’ve promised, you’ll surely impress your clients with your work, and they will definitely see you as an expert.
- Developing a unique value proposition: All the Fiverr better alternative sites mentioned are being used by millions of freelancers worldwide to make money. What’s your unique value point? If you think about adding some more value to your freelancing work and skill set, you can attract a ton of high-paying clients.
More Posts Worth Reading:
- Moz alternatives you can try in 2024 to improve your SEO
- Best Google Adsense alternatives for publishers in 2024
- Best Semrush alternatives to fulfil all of your SEO needs in 2024
- Top WordPress alternatives that are really effective in 2024
- Fiverr vs Upwork 2024: Which is Better?
- How to Make Money Online as a Student [New Type of Jobs in 2024]
Fiverr gigs are the skills people are looking for to make money online.
Absolutely yes, anyone can start earning decent money by selling their skills on Fiverr.
Getting a job on Fiverr is super easy. Simply sign up with your Google account and start publishing your gigs based on your skills for $5.
It’s a completely trustworthy freelancing marketplace that connects employers and freelancers to buy and sell digital services.
Upwork could be the best alternative to Fiverr.
If you are looking for high-paying, long-term clients, then Upwork is definitely a better choice.
Although there are a ton of Fiverr alternatives available for finding freelancing gigs to make money online, I have compiled only the best options. All the platforms mentioned here are great for finding freelance work ranging from design to SEO to virtual assistance.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re an SEO, an online marker, or a graphic designer; you can use the top alternative to Fiverr mentioned on this page to find some work and make money.
So what are your favorite freelance platforms to find work as a freelancer? Share your thoughts in the comments.