Top 10 Best Fiverr Alternatives for Freelancers In 2018 to Make More Money
Tired of using Fiverr to find work as a freelancer? Are you looking for the best Fiverr alternatives for freelancers?
Without a doubt, Fiverr is one of the best platforms for freelancers to find work and get paid but it has got its own disadvantages. So if you’re tired of using Fiverr and looking for some better alternatives to it, this post is exclusively for you.
Here’s a list of the some of the best sites and alternatives to Fiverr you can use to find work as a freelancer to make more money in 2018 and beyond.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Fiverr Alternatives for Freelancers 2018
- #1. Upwork
- #2. Truelancer
- #3. Freelancer
- #4. People Per Hour
- #5. Toptal
- #6. Twine
- #7. Guru
- #8. SEOClerks
- #9. 99 Designs
- #10. Freeeup
- Bonus One: GigBucks
- 3 Tips to Make More Money As A Freelancer On These Top Alternatives to Fiverr
10 Best Fiverr Alternatives for Freelancers 2018
Hands down, Upwork is the #1 Fiverr alternative for freelancers, which was previously known as Elance-oDesk. Upwork is the global freelancing platform which is used by millions of people worldwide where you can freelance tasks ranging from designing to writing to SEO to virtual assistance.
Why should you use Upwork over other Fiverr alternatives?
If you’re wondering about why should you use Upwork as a freelance platform to find better gigs and make money, here are some of the reasons.
- Wide range of gigs: From android development to writing to social media management, you can literally find hundreds of jobs to make money as a freelancer using Upwork.
- Extensive reach: You don’t have to build your own portfolio or build a list of customers who are interested in buying your freelance services as Upwork gives you access to a large pool of clients who are ready to buy stuff from you if they find your proposals useful.
- Full-time contracts: If you’re doing awesome job as a freelancer at Upwork, you can also grab full-time contract jobs from your clients which can be useful to make more money for years to come.
Pros And cons of using Upwork
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Upwork and use it as a better alternative to Fiverr in 2018.
- Most of the users on Upwork are genuine so you don’t have to worry about fake clients.
- Access to a larger client pool
- One of the largest platforms for freelancing work with 14 million users in 180 countries with $1B in annual freelancer billings
- The processing fee is on the higher side at Upwork.
- It’s harder to get work especially when you’re starting out as a freelancer as you’ll have to build your own work by getting lots of positive reviews.
What’s the processing fee at Upwork?
Clients are charged a 2.75% processing fee on all payments.
For freelancers, 20% will be charged for the starting $500 freelancer bills a client.
10% will be applied from the range of $500 to $10,000 and 5% for the bills more than $10,000.
That means, if you finish a gig with $600 payment, the client has to pay $600 + $16.5 = $616.5. And you’ve to pay, 20% for first $500, which is $100 and 10% for remaining $100 which is $10 and plus the service fees of $16.5 from the client.
That is total $725.5 and freelancer will receive $490 and Upwork will keep $125.5.
How to sign up for Upwork?
Click here to join Upwork as a freelancer and start making money.
If you’re specialised in any freelancing jobs such as designing or SEO or writing, you can find hundreds of potential job opportunities from Truelancer as it’s a curated freelance marketplace which gives you access to thousands of top freelance jobs.
Why should you use Truelancer over other Fiverr alternative?
If you’re wondering about why you should consider finding jobs at Truelancer instead of other Fiverr alternatives in 2018 and beyond, here are some of the solid reasons.
- Access to a lot of categories: Truelancer currently offers you freelance jobs in various categories such as IT & Programming, Graphic Design & Multimedia,Writing, Content & Translation, Data Entry & Admin, Finance & Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Customer Support & Service, Social Media, SEO & SEM, Mobile Application and so on. That means, you can literally find freelancing jobs on Truelancer in almost any category that you can imagine.
- Find freelance jobs by city: Want to find freelance jobs in your local area? You can use Truelancer to find freelancing jobs by city. It doesn’t matter where you reside either in Dubai or New York or Hyderabad, you can find a ton of freelance works in all the major cities across the world.
Pros And cons of using Truelancer
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Truelancer and use it as a better alternative to Fiverr.
- Get access to a wide range of freelance jobs and also use filters such as freelance jobs by city if you want to find local freelancing gigs
- One of the biggest platforms for finding freelancing jobs
- Wide range of categories to choose from content writing to SEO to designing so you can find a ton of projects in almost every category
- Processing fee is high when compared to most of the other Fiverr alternative mentioned on this list.
What’s the processing fee at Truelancer?
Truelancer charges all the freelancers a processing service fee of 8% to 10% on all billed works depending on their membership plans. To ensure quality proposals, you’ll have an allotment of 20 free proposals per month for all the non premium account holders.
That means, if you finish a gig with $100 payment, you’ve to pay, 8 to 10%, which is $8 to $10 depending on your membership plan from Truelancer.
In case if a project is refunded after 30 days from the date of project, Truelancer will charge a fee of $50 or 5% of total project value to the client and you as a ‘freelancer’ might get your Truelancer account suspended permanently.
How to sign up for Truelancer?
Click here to sign up for Truelancer as a freelancer and start finding better gigs that pay you more money.
Freelancer is another biggest platform that have jobs ranging from SEO to delivery to website development to apps creation. Finding work on Freelancer is so simple as well, just complete your profile and fill out your skill sets to find suitable jobs that match your skills.
Why should you use Freelancer over other Fiverr alternatives?
In case if you want to find out the biggest perks of signing up for Freelancer to find better paying jobs for your skills, here are some of them.
- 28 million freelancers: A surprising stat of Freelancer platform is that it is used by over 28 million freelancers worldwide to find jobs and make money using their skills. That means, you can find gigs in almost any category you can think of and engage with other freelancers to enhance your skills and make money.
- Preferred Freelancer: There’s a unique benefit of using Freelancer platform where it gives all the freelancer a feature called “Preferred Freelancer” where all the registrants will get access to the projects with the biggest budgets on the platform where you can get access to 50% of all completed projects which are worth over $2000.
Pros And cons of using Freelancer
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Freelancer and use it as a better alternative to Fiverr.
- It is a HUGE freelancing platform where there are over 28 million freelancers offering various services
- You can find freelancing tasks and projects almost in any category
- There’s an option of preferred freelancer where you can get access to useful perks
- Commission processing fee is on the higher side (where 10% will be charged from freelancers and 3% fee levied from clients)
What’s the processing fee at Freelancer?
There are basically two types of prices as processing fee charged at Freelancer platform: one is fixed price projects and the other is hourly projects.
For project clients:
- For fixed price projects, a fee of 3% or $3.00 USD (whichever is greater) will be charged as a processing fee once you accept a project as a freelancer.
- For hourly projects, a fee of 3% will be charged on each payment that you make to the freelancer.
The fee for fixed price projects is 10% or $5 whichever is greater and 10% for hourly projects.
That means, if you finish a gig with $100 payment, the client has to pay $100 + $3 = $103. And you’ve to pay, 10% which is $10.
So you as a freelancer will receive $90 and Freelancer platform will keep $10.
How to sign up for Freelancer?
Click here to join at Freelancer and start making more money with other 28 million freelancers across the world.
#4. People Per Hour
Unlike other Fiverr alternatives mentioned here in the list, People Per Hour offers you a huge pool of job offers where you can work as little as 1 hour a day to start making more money as a freelancer from a wide range of categories ranging from business support to design.
Why should you use ‘People Per Hour’ over other Fiverr alternatives?
Using this platform has its advantages, here are some of the best reasons to use it over other alternative to sites like Fiverr in 2018.
- A big network: Currently more than 1 million people are using this freelance platform daily to either find freelance work or find the best talent skill set to get their jobs done ranging from writing to logo design to business automation.
- Great perks for referrals: People per hour gives you some incredible perks if you can bring new clients to their platform (where you can avail 0% commission on all future projects which are assigned to you). You can also get 30 Euros of referral commission whenever someone joins the platform using your referral link.
Pros And cons of using People Per Hour
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using ‘People Per Hour’:
- Gives you a ton of money perks if you send referrals to their site
- Access to over 1 million clients
- Flexible project timings, you can work as less as 1 hour a day to earn money as a freelancer
- Depending on your average score and earnings, you’ll get a chance to make up to the list of their leaderboard where you get more visibility and high paying gigs
- There’s just too much competition for gigs and projects
What’s the processing fee at People Per Hour?
There’s a small percentage of processing fee will be levied on you whenever you successfully finish a project i.e. when your invoices are paid by your buyers, you’ll be charged a few bucks (depending upon the project, hourly rate or cost).
How to sign up for People Per Hour to get started as a freelancer?
Click here to sign up for People per hour and start earning more money as a freelancer.
Toptal is an innovating platform for freelancers where only 3% freelancers who sign up for their platform get job postings. According to Toptal, out of the thousands of applications Toptal gets each month typically fewer than 3% are accepted. That means, if you join Toptal as a successful freelancer, you can easily attract high paying clients.
Why should you use Toptal over other Fiverr competitors?
Here are some of the reasons to join Toptal and consider it as a better Fiverr option you can use to earn more money in 2018.
- Rigorous screening process: Unlike other alternatives to Fiverr mentioned here in the list, Toptal follows a rigorous screening process which eliminates almost 97% of the applicants in the first step itself so if you can crack it and make it to the latter 3%, you will get access to a huge pool of high paying clients to work on various topics depending on your skills.
- Access to top startups and companies: Toptal is used by so many great companies like Airbnb, Zendesk, Shopify etc to find freelancers all around the world which means, you get to make more money by working along with some of the best companies in the world which you can help you elevate your portfolio later in the future.
Pros And cons of using Toptal
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Toptal:
- You’ll get access to their network (only 3% people will get through) of high paying clients
- Gives you access to work along with highly profitable startups such as Zendesk, Airbnb etc
- Toptal is known for providing gigs with high commission so you can get paid relatively more than other freelance sites for every successful project
- Very competitive screening process where only 3% of applicants will be hired, so limited chances especially for those who are starting out.
What’s the processing fee at Toptal?
For people who want to post jobs, you need to set up an initial deposit of $500 that will be applied as a credit to your first invoice once you make a hire through the platform. If you decide not to post any jobs or discontinue using the platform, your deposit will be refunded completely.
For freelancers, there’ll be a standard processing fee will be levied on each successful project completion.
How to sign up for Toptal to earn money as a freelancer?
Click here to sign up for Toptal and stay in the 3% of freelancers who get access to Toptal client base.
From digital marketing services to app development and music, you can find a ton of freelancing gigs and jobs according to your skillset on Twine platform.
Why should you use Twine?
You get high paying jobs as a freelancer at Twine.
In case if you’re wondering how much people usually charge on Twine, here are the typical freelancing rates for various categories so you’ll get a better idea about how much you can earn.
- Graphic designer: $150-500
- Videographer: $200-1000
- Illustrator: $150-500
- Copywriter: $100-500
- Animator: $200-1000
- Web developer: $300-800
- Music producer: $100-500
The best part about it is Twine is a great freelance marketplace for all creatives which include musicians, artists, designers, photographers, illustrators – so if you’ve better skills around these categories, you can literally find a ton of jobs.
Pros And cons of using Twine
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Twine.
- No cut off or process fee since Twine charges fee upfront from the clients itself
- Exclusive platform for designers and artists for finding a ton of gigs
- High paying gigs ranging from $100
- For beginners with limited skills, it’s hard to find clients and projects
What’s the processing fee of Twine?
Fortunately, Twine doesn’t cut off any commission from the payments you receive from your clients. You can use your PayPal account to withdraw your money after successful project completion.
How to sign up for Twine as a freelancer to earn more money?
Click here to sign up for Twine and start earning high hourly rates.
Guru is one of the largest platforms for both freelancers and project creators which is used by over 3 million people worldwide either to get work or provide job postings across the platform.
Why should you use Guru over other Fiverr alternates?
Here are some of the reasons to consider joining in Guru as a freelancer to make money.
- Most trusted company: Guru is one of the trusted freelance platforms which is used by millions of people worldwide. Guru has paid over 250 million dollars to freelancer since its inception with over 1 million jobs completed.
- Multiple tasks: You can find job postings through various options like get paid by hour, get paid by completing certain milestones, get paid by recurring payments, get paid by tasks and so on. So you also have the ability to find ongoing work if you want to find career in freelancing.
Pros And cons of using Guru
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Guru as a better Fiverr alternate.
- Gives you access to hourly tasks, recurring tasks, milestones tasks etc
- Huge network of freelance jobs where you can find hundreds of postings on almost every category
- Highly trusted freelance site which has paid 250M+ dollars until now
- Used by over 3 million people worldwide
- You need to be a trusted seller in order to get high paying gigs
What’s the processing fee of Guru platform?
You’ll be charged 2.5% ‘processing fee’ each time your clients make a payment on Guru platform after completing your projects successfully.
How to sign up for Guru to get started as a freelancer?
Click here to join Guru to find better freelancing jobs and make more money for your skills.
Are you a SEO freelancer? Then SEOClerks platform is exclusively developed for you where you can find hundreds of potential jobs all related to SEO where you can help your clients to grow their search engine traffic and boost their search visibility and website sales.
Why should you use it over other Fiverr alternative?
As the name suggests, SEOClerks is exclusively made for people who are good at SEO related freelance jobs where you can find jobs on anything related to SEO including;
- Link building services
- Search engine traffic
- On site related services
- Off page services and so on
That being said, you need to sign up for their platform in order start selling your freelance SEO related projects.
Pros And cons of using SEOClerks
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using it as a better alternative to Fiverr.
- Exclusive platform for SEO freelancers
- Provides great opportunity to excel in SEO field by working along with clients
- You can find a lot of gigs and projects since SEO industry is only growing and people are using SEOClerks to outsource their work
- 20% commission will be charged for freelancers
- Only limited to the people who offer SEO related services
What’s the processing fee at SEOClerks?
If you are a seller SEOClerks will take 20% commission fee from every successful project. That means for every $100 you make, 20% of commission will go into SEOClerks pockets, so you’ll receive $80 effectively for every completed project.
How to sign up for SEOClerks to make more money from SEO projects?
Click here to join SEOClerks and start finding SEO related projects that excite you to make more money.
#9. 99 Designs
99Designs is the premium platform for people who want premium designs such as logos, web design, graphic design etc. Here’s where freelancers can also submit their design samples and get paid if the clients accept their samples.
Why should you use it 99 Designs other Fiverr alternatives?
Here are some of the reasons to start your freelancing career to make more money using 99Designs.
- Exclusive for designers: Are you good at creating logos? Web design? Or can you design really catchy graphics for eBooks or magazines? Then you should definitely try your designing skills at 99Designs as it has the exclusive design related job postings you can use to make money from your laptop.
- High paying pool of network: 99Designs is one of the ultra premium platforms where clients pay hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars on getting just one logo or graphic design. Unlike other Fiverr alternative mentioned here, you don’t find cheap paying clients on this platform. With over 440,000 clients used it to find freelance designers, you can definitely find a ton of potential clients for your skills.
Above all, you can find a ton of design related categories which are listed below to find freelancing work.
- Facebook cover Icon or button
- Illustration or graphics
- Landing page design
- Logo & brand identity pack
- Logo & business card
- Logo & hosted website
- Logo & social media pack
- Logo design
- Magazine cover and so on
Pros And cons of using 99Designs
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using 99 Designs.
- Exclusive network for freelance designers
- You can find a ton of high paying gigs
- Premium platform for design, logos, graphics etc
- You can get access to contests where you can get all the prize money without cutoffs
- 10% commission for every private project will be levied from freelancers
- It’s bit difficult for beginners to find gigs
What’s the processing fee of 99Designs?
There are two different types of fee is involved in case of 99Designs.
- Contests: On 99Designs, you can find and start offering your freelancing work using contents where you can see the prize money when you participate in any contest. That way you can easily find out the exact amount of money that winner collect at the end. So there won’t be any cutoffs in your payment if you’ve won a contest. The processing fee will be automatically levied on the client.
- Private projects: Here’s where you need to pay 10% for every private project you do. For example, if you got a $1000 private project through their platform, you’ll get $900 and $100 as 10% commission goes to 99Designs.
How to sign up for 99Designs and make more money?
Click here to sign up for 99Designs and start making money by creating innovating designs for your clients worldwide.
Freeeup is a new Fiverr alternative to the list which hires the best professional freelancers among the world so if you get access to their platform, you can surely attract really potential jobs you can use to make more as a freelancer.
Why should you use Freeeup over other Fiverr alternative?
Just like Toptal (where it says only 3% of applicants will be taken into account), Freeeup also follows the same philosophy where only gives access to 1% of all the applicants who sign up as a freelancer on their site.
Apart from that, as a freelancer using this platform, you can offer over 85 different skill sets from various categories at the hourly or fixed rate (which you can set yourself to make money). Here are some of the categories included where you can find freelancing work;
- Ecommerce and Amazon
- Sales & Marketing
- Web Development
- Content Creation
- Admin Support
Unlike other Fiverr alternatives mentioned here, you will get paid weekly because all the billing periods run from Wednesday through Tuesday of each week. Clients are billed on Thursdays and all the freelancers who are using the platform will be paid the following Thursday.
That means, you can receive payments directly to the bank account set up on your FreeeUp account every Thursday following the end of every billing period each week.
Pros And cons of using Freeeup
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using Freeeup.
- New to the game but has a ton of potential clients who are looking for freelancers
- Wide range of categories to provide your freelancing skills
- Weekly payouts for freelancers
- Not as popular as other alternative to Fiverr mentioned on the list
- 15% commission for each project
What’s the processing fee of Freeeup?
There’s usually a difference between the client rate and worker rate which is 15% with a $2.00 minimum. That means, if you got a $100 project, you’ll be getting $85 to your bank account and the rest goes to Freeeup as a processing fee.
How to sign up for Freeeup?
Click here to sign up for Freeeup and start earning more money as a freelancer.
Bonus One: GigBucks
Another alternative to Fiverr is GigBucks where you can find various services priced from $5 to $50 bucks per gig.
Why should you use GigBucks?
GigBucks offers gigs ranging from $5 to $50 so the clients will be looking for gigs in that particular price range. This is a great platform for freelancers to find work and get some experience as a freelancer.
Pros And cons of using GigBucks
Here’s a list of all the pros and cons of using GigBucks.
- There’ll be access to a lot of clients since the gigs range from $5 to $50 so you can find a ton of freelancing projects
- It is considered as the cheapest alternative to Fiverr so you can find a lot of clients and projects on various categories
- The overall gig value will be considerably less since the highest amount per a gig can be paid by client will not be more than $50
- 20% of commission payout is definitely on the higher side
What’s the processing fee at GigBucks?
All the freelancers who finish the projects successfully will get paid 80% of the value of their completed gigs. Apart from that, Paypal and Alertpay charge a 2% fee of the total withdrawal amount.
That means, you’ll get paid 80 dollars for a $100 project upon completion.
So how long does it usually take to withdraw your money from GigBucks? Once you have placed your cash withdrawal request, it takes up to 3 business days which will reflect in your Paypal or Alertpay or credited to your Gigbucks account balance.
How to sign up for GigBucks as a freelancer?
Click here to sign up for GigBucks and start making more money by offering your freelancing skills.
3 Tips to Make More Money As A Freelancer On These Top Alternatives to Fiverr
What’s the point of just discussing about the top 10 best Fiverr alternatives for freelancers without actually talking about some of the useful tips to earn money using these sites. Here are 3 of the proven tips freelancers can use to make more money from these freelancing sites.
Create successful proposals
While there are so many different criterias that vary from freelancing platforms, but the surefire way to win freelancing gigs is to write powerful proposals that instantly grab your clients eyeballs.
So how can you write successful proposals that win freelancing projects for you?
The ONLY powerful tip is to analyse your competitors proposals. Carefully analyse all the proposals posted by top selling freelancers in the freelancing platforms such as Guru, UpWork etc to see how they are writing;
- Description of postings
- Call to actions and so on
Make sure to learn the art of copywriting so you can write magnetic headlines with attention grabbing description to attract more clients through your proposals across the freelance platforms and alternatives to Fiverr mentioned above.
Think long term and build lifelong customers
One of the most common mistakes most freelancers make while getting started with freelancing is that they don’t think long term and always aim for getting weekly or monthly work.
If you really want to be a successful freelancer, think long term so you can focus more on quality work instead of quantity. That’s the only way you can attract long term clients who will be interested in working along with you for years to come.
If you can satisfy your clients with your work, you can also attract more referrals from them and upsell your services at anytime you want. That’s why focus on building lifelong customers instead of targeting one-time paying clients.
Position yourself as an expert
If you want to make a ton of money as a freelancer, make sure to find out your core skill where you’re really good at and position yourself as an expert in that particular skill.
For example, if you’re offering freelancing services as an “SEO content writer”, you can charge 10x or even 100x more than others by positioning yourself as an “SEO expert writer” because people would love to pay more for the experts who know what they are talking about.
Most customers who are looking for freelance jobs also want “results”. They would love to pay more if you can deliver results with your work. That’s why positioning yourself as an expert is so much important if you want to get paid more as a freelancer.
So how can you position yourself as an expert across these top 10 best Fiverr alternative? You can use the proven tips and techniques mentioned below.
- Start a blog and build portfolio: Most freelancers don’t think about starting a blog and building a portfolio for themselves. They always think about getting their next projects and making money and that’s the reason why they can never position themselves as an expert. Just imagine having your own blog by building a great portfolio where you reveal all your projects along with the results and revenue you generate for your clients. People would love to pay you more if you’re doing that.
- Over deliver, under promise: Give more than what your clients asked you for. If they ask you to give a 1000 word article, give them a 1500 word article which is perfectly optimized both for search engines and people. If you can deliver more than what you’ve promised, you’ll surely impress your clients with your work and they will definitely see you as an expert.
- Developing a unique value proposition: All the Fiverr better alternative sites mentioned are being used by millions of freelancers worldwide to make money. What’s your unique value point? If you think about adding some more value with your freelancing work and skill set, you can attract a ton of high paying clients.
More Posts Worth Reading:
- Moz alternatives you can try in 2018 to improve your SEO
- Best Google Adsense alternatives for publishers in 2108
- Best SEMrush alternatives to fulfil all of your SEO needs in 2018
- Top WordPress alternatives that are really effective in 2018
Final thoughts on 10 best Fiverr alternative in 2018
Although there are a ton of Fiverr alternative available for finding freelancing gigs to make money online but we have compiled only the best options. All the platforms mentioned here are great for finding freelance work ranging from design to SEO to virtual assistance.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re an SEO or an online marker or a graphic designer, you can use the top alternative to Fiverr mentioned on this page to find some work and make money.
So what are your favorite freelance platforms to find work as a freelancer? Share your thoughts in the comments.