Are you a student and looking for online jobs to earn money at home? Are you searching for the REAL online jobs that you can do at home without investment? If yes, you’re in the right place.
In this guide, you’ll discover a few tested and tried ways to make money online without much investment.
Internet is a double-edged sword.
You can either use it to waste time or you can use it to build a career.
Fortunately, we’re living in the digital era where ordinary guys like me are using the power of the Internet to earn thousands of dollars each month.
In fact, the blog you’re currently reading generates over $13,000 every single month.
Also, we’re one of the top affiliates for the Semrush affiliate program called Berush.
We made over $430,000 from one affiliate program.
There are endless opportunities, you just need to find the right online jobs and grab them.
The best part of making money online as a college student is you don’t need to be an expert and you don’t have to invest much in anything.
Making money online as a college student is not rocket science, it’s a skill! These skills are helpful when you come out of your college life. The skills you acquire can help you become a better person and lead a quality social life.
So are you curious to find the best jobs for students online? Let’s jump into the details.
Table of Contents
- 7 Online Jobs for Students to Make Money from Home [A Handpicked List]
- Advantages of Online Jobs for Students
- 3 Mistakes to Avoid Before Looking for Online Jobs for Students
- FAQs | Online Jobs for Students 2022
- Final thoughts on online jobs from home
7 Online Jobs for Students to Make Money from Home [A Handpicked List]
1. Become a Freelancer
Hands down, freelancing is the best way to make money as a student. When it comes to making money online, the first thing that struck my mind is freelancing.
Here are a few freelancing jobs you can try:
- Programming: You don’t have to be an expert in programming to make money online as a student. You can code and write programs that will help you create apps. Later, you can monetize them depending upon the downloads.
- Design: If you are good at logo designs or even making blog designs, you will find a lot of people contacting you.
- Writing: Everyone with limited writing skills can start making money. There are a lot of writing gigs available online including Fiverr, oDesk, etc.
- Data entry: Data entry is another big area where more and more people are now jumping in to make money online. I’ll talk about more on this later in the same post.
Although you can try a few sites like Freelancer.com to start making money from freelancing we strongly suggest you start a blog and create a strong portfolio for your desired skills to attract clients that pay you a big amount.
Here are a few freelancing sites you can try:
How much can you earn from freelancing?
It entirely depends on your experience. If you have a good experience (say 2 to 3 years in your field) you can ask for high amounts whereas if you are just starting out, start with $10 to 30$ per hour.
Just make sure to focus on getting your first customer and give him quality stuff. You will find a few more gigs from the same customer if you are offering top-notch work. That way you will be able to make money as a college student without spending much time finding new customers.
2. Become A Web Tutor
Are you interested in teaching others? Then try online tutoring. It gives you plenty of room to improve and money to make without putting any investment whatsoever.
Skills required to become an online tutor:
- Adequate English writing skills
- Sufficient skills to use the Internet (and the ability to use different web apps)
- Passion for teaching others online
You can use sites like Tutors.com to find tutoring jobs online.
How much can you make by becoming a web tutor?
It depends on your hourly rate. Few sites pay each and every month where you have to work a min of 3 to 4 hours every day whereas few other sites pay an hourly rate. You can easily make around $30 to $50 every day if you are good at what you teach.
Where can you start using your teaching skills to become a web tutor and start making money as a student?
Although there are hundreds of places available online to sell your teaching skills, here I’m listing only a few sites that offer excellent features to their users. Do check out them.
3. Become a Freelance Content Writer
Are you good at writing? Or do you have writing skills on writing any topic? If yes, article writing is for you where you can easily find clients to make money with each and every day.
There are a lot of bloggers who need content writers so all you have to do is to find a few blogger communities and search for content writing gigs. You can also start a blog and start providing your writing services to attract more clients who are interested in your work.
Or you can use sites like Upwork, People Per Hour, etc to find freelance content writing jobs.
The money you make through article writing directly depends on the branding and writing skills you have. The better your writing portfolio is the better pay you will get from your clients.
If possible, start a blog and start attracting more people to read and share your stuff. Also, offer your writing services by including your writing skills on the portfolio page. Trust me, you will attract a lot of quality buyers if you post quality content on your blogs.
Read better blogs like Copyblogger etc. to hone your writing skills to make more money from article writing.
Make sure to improve your marketing skills to attract better clients who pay you a decent amount for every article you write. Also, deal in article packages instead of getting paid for writing one article. That way you will be able to earn more and also can offer huge discounts for your article packages to your clients.
4. Become a VA (Virtual Assistant)
Virtual assistants are required EVERYWHERE.
As a VA, you’ll have to do micro jobs. Micro jobs are the newest trending jobs online that are helpful for anyone who is willing to put their free time to work on the services they are good at. The great thing about micro jobs is that you don’t need expert-level skills to make a decent income every month.
Sites like Fiverr help you make money online without putting in any investment. The best thing about making money online through micro jobs is that you don’t have to be an expert. You just need the basic skills in several fields to make a decent income each and every day.
Here are a few sites that offer micro-jobs for you.
As a VA, you’ll have to do micro jobs such as;
- Commenting on others’ blogs
- Creating covers for eBooks
- Photoshop skills
- Creating banners or logos
- Rating and reviewing videos
- Writing articles
- Signing up for websites
If you don’t want to start a blog or be good at one field and still want to make money online, we recommend you do micro jobs as they give you almost instant money.
5. Get Paid to Take Surveys
One of the best online jobs for students is to look for paid surveys. They don’t require any expert skills.
You can start taking the surveys right away to make money.
For instance, you can consider a website like Swagbucks.com which pays for answering surveys, shopping online, etc.
Swagbucks uses PayPal to pay you cash or gift cards from Amazon. It pays you by providing gift cards as soon as you earn at least $3 in your account.
Similarly, there are a ton of websites you can use for paid surveys. Make sure that most of the paid surveys you find online are mostly spam websites where you won’t get any money even after finishing your tasks. So make sure to analyze the sites that offer paid surveys.
You can also make money as a student by transcribing. Transcribing is nothing but listening to audio or video and simply making it into a text version. If you are really good at typing and have some basic listening English skills, you will make plenty of money every day by transcribing. Moreover, these jobs are really easy to find and you don’t need any prior experience to make money from this service.
6. Start Blogging
The blog you’re currently reading was launched in 2010.
In the beginning, we struggled to generate traffic and money. But now, it’s generating a full-time income.
Blogging is a surefire way to build a career online as a student.
More and more people are now jumping into blogging because of one reason: blogging is one of the best ways to make passive income. That means you don’t have to work each and every day to make money online if you set up a profitable blog.
Although blogging is not a get-rich-quick scheme, you can make really good money each month by providing different services, selling products and writing paid reviews, etc.
Here’s a detailed guide on making money blogging, which shows you different ways to make money from blogging.
The money you make from blogging depends on various factors like branding, content, promotion tactics, etc. You can’t make money blogging if you don’t know how to sell your stuff. So make sure to learn how to sell stuff online without looking like a sales guy.
You can use an affordable web host such as Bluehost to start a professional blog for just around $35 a year (with a free domain!).
If you are a beginner and searching for online jobs as a student, we highly recommend you create your own niche site.
Here are a few niche site ideas that are evergreen and can help you make money even after 5 to 10 years.
Fitness: Almost everyone wants to reduce their body weight, get slim, decrease belly fat, etc. There’s never-ending for this problem. So what can you do? You can start a fitness niche blog, start writing blog posts, get more traffic, recommend products that are related to fitness and start making money.
Smartphones: Smartphones, tablets, and mobiles are getting popular. Almost everyone has a smartphone and 90% of the people who own smartphones upgrade to better models within a year. This is a HUGE opportunity for niche site bloggers. They can start talking about the latest smartphones and provide reviews and discounts to make more sales. And the earnings are really huge!
Laptops: Laptops have occupied the largest share of technology usage. Every student, professional employee, and businessman prefers laptops and they actively search for various reviews and coupons online. If you can start a niche site and rank well for a few laptop models, you can make a lot of money.
Book reviews: Are you a book lover who loves to read a lot of books? Then, you should consider creating a blog around it and sharing detailed book reviews. Make sure to use the affiliate links from Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, etc for the books you recommend to start making money.
And there are many more niche site ideas to consider. You just need to be patient and think about the latest trends in the industry to start making money.
Suggested Reading: How to Create A Free Blog On Blogspot And Start Making Money
7. Become A YouTuber
Have you lately observed the new popular trend on YouTube? More and more people are now jumping into video marketing and making new videos. Do you know why? It’s because you can make money by posting videos on YouTube!
It doesn’t matter what topic your videos are related to. From cooking to shooting your own bike riding videos, you can make money from YouTube. You just need to create your own YouTube channel (it’s free), you just need a Gmail account to start!
And you can start making your own videos to get more views on YouTube. So how can you make money by posting new videos on YouTube, you may ask.
Once you generate more likes and views on your YouTube videos, you can start getting paid $1 to $2 for every 1000 views you get. Let’s say if you get 1 million views on any of your YouTube videos, you will earn something close to $1000 to $2000 easily!
The more videos with the highest views you have the more money you get into your pockets. It’s how thousands of video bloggers are making thousands of dollars every single month.
Here’s a great video on using YouTube to earn money:
Online jobs for students don’t get any better than making money from YouTube. Just launch your own channel and start getting more views on your videos. Here are a few ideas for getting more YouTube video views.
- Search engine optimization is extremely important to make your videos go viral. Always use your primary keywords in your video titles, meta description, and tags. This will give you a great chance of increasing your visibility for the selected keywords in the search engines.
- Use compelling titles for your YouTube videos. Videos on YouTube usually go viral because of the titles. If you have award-winning headlines on your videos, they will definitely attract more people to click on them. Try to come up with 3 to 5 title ideas for every video you create and pick the best one among them.
- Always link backlinks if you want more views, subscribers, and comments. You can either ask fellow YouTube video bloggers to start linking to your videos (mutual linking) or you can also use your own blogs to link to your videos. This works like a charm and gives you more visibility.
- Make sure to market your videos rightly. Start leaving comments on the relevant YouTube video channels that are similar to the content you post on your own channel. Always write thoughtful, interesting, or funny comments. This way others will upvote your comments, the more votes you get on your comments the more people will start clicking on your channels giving you more views for your YouTube account!
- Connect with the influencer video bloggers who publish regular content that is also related to your content. This is the fastest way to grow your YouTube channel and start making money as a college student.
Advantages of Online Jobs for Students
First off, making money online is really fun. Once you are addicted to making money online, you will never go back to Facebook to poke your friends in your free time. Here are a few more advantages of doing online jobs:
- You don’t have to be a prolific writer to make money online (but having good writing skills help you make more money).
- You don’t need special skills to make money part-time
- Instead of using the Internet for random chats on Facebook, you can make money in your spare time.
- You can buy your own stuff without asking your parents or robbing a bank.
- Making money in your spare time always motivates you to start your own business in the future instead of working for someone else’s goals.
- You will develop a lot of social skills such as networking, writing well, email outreach skills, etc while making money as a student.
- Above all, you don’t need to wait until the end of your graduation or PG to start making money. And if you started making money even before you graduate, you can find a lot better job opportunities once you come out of college.
3 Mistakes to Avoid Before Looking for Online Jobs for Students
Earning money in your spare time as a college student seems to be a lot of fun.
But in reality, there are so many frauds who are searching for ways to kill your time and money. Here are 5 major blunders most college students make while searching for online jobs.
1. Looking for getting quick rich schemes: There’s nothing wrong with finding profitable online jobs for students to earn money in their spare time. But the problem is the majority of the college students fall for getting quick rich schemes.
Most online frauds take advantage of this and loot students’ money. So avoid if anyone claims that you can make an extra $500 in a day. It will NEVER work and it’s purely spam.
2. Falling for fake online money-making guru programs or videos: There are a lot of pages filled with so-called expert advice that will offer you premium programs that help you make money quickly.
Don’t fall for any of such kinds of junk if you don’t know properly about the guy. You should always remember that making money online is a skill that you should develop over time. No one has a magic wand that will help you make $$$ overnight.
3. Looking for ways to make easy money: There are so many poker sites that are filled with full of frauds and scams. They will trap you and ask for your bank credentials and will eventually loot your money before you even realize it.
So stop making money by playing games or poker online. It’s not a genuine way of making money and you will often lose all your money and waste your precious time in the process.
Pro tip: Stop searching for online jobs for students and start learning new skills such as photoshop design, creating logos, writing code, etc. These skills can immensely help you in finding unlimited opportunities online for you to start making money. So don’t procrastinate and wait for a job. Start getting clients and make small money. Once you get the confidence, you can start pitching high prices for your skills. It’s as simple as that.
Recommended resources around making money:
- Websites that pay in 2022: 10+ websites for getting paid online
- Top websites for freelance content writers to make more money
- Top list of getting paid to blog sites
- Best Fiverr gigs to make money from home as a student
- Top real online jobs for earning quick money
FAQs | Online Jobs for Students 2022
You can start freelancing, become a web tutor, start doing article writing, try micro jobs, data entry jobs, create a niche site, blogging for passive income, make money from photos, sell used books online, offer proofreading services, post videos on YouTube, etc. are some of the best ways to earn money as a student.
Of course, you can! In fact, freelancing is one of the best professions a student can choose as it will give you full freedom and quick cash.
Yes, it is! Blogging these days is becoming a full-time career option. More and more people are getting into blogging because of its flexibility and massive pay-outs.
To start your career in blogging you can start a blog (register a domain name and get a reliable web hosting) based on your interests and knowledge. Once done, start publishing valuable content, bring some traffic, and monetize the same.
Advertisements, affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, selling your own physical products, online courses, eBooks, and offering digital services, are a few to name.
Final thoughts on online jobs from home
An unlimited number of online jobs are available right now in India and worldwide. To get those jobs and start making money as a college student, you need to possess some skills such as coding, writing, typing, designing, etc.
So don’t waste your time chitchatting instead spend most of your time acquiring new skills that help you make money online.
Focus on developing a few skills such as programming, writing, coding, email pitching, etc and you will be able to find an ocean full of opportunities to make money online.
Honestly speaking, learning how to make money online is not hard. You don’t require expert-level skills to find online jobs that help you make money each month. Just focus on the topics you are interested in (say writing, typing, or teaching others) and you are good to go.
A word of caution: Don’t make these jobs ruin your academic career. We know we all want to use it online to make money, but if you are wasting your time on earning pennies, then it might spoil your career than help. So focus on your study schedule, and only use your free time to work on the above online jobs to make money.
Did you find the online jobs for students mentioned in this guide useful? Have any questions? Let us know in the comments.