Are you searching for the best real online jobs or trusted work from home jobs that will help you make money in 2022?
We all want to make money blogging but the one factor that is stopping most people from starting a blog is the failure rate.
Did you know upwards of 90% of bloggers never even make $100 from their blogs?
Blogs will never make any money, but businesses do. So if you can’t build a product and use your blog as a promotional tool, you will never make a passive income from an online business.
Finding real online jobs isn’t easy, especially in this crowded online environment.
But what if you can make money without a blog? There are thousands of real online jobs available to make some quick money.
Are you frustrated with money-making scam websites? Are you looking for extra money by doing easy and real online jobs?
Are you a college student wanting to make money online in your spare time?
If yes, this article is definitely for you. I’ll be talking about some legitimate jobs to make some quick money online. Most college students are willing to work online to earn some money in their free time instead of wasting their time on Facebook chats.
There are thousands of websites that promise to pay money, but in the end, a lot of them seem to be scams. But don’t fret, there are many sites that pay you for your time and work. If you are looking for genuine sites, you just have to read below for more details.
Quick Note: Do you want to start a blog? Here’s a simple step-by-step tutorial on starting your own WordPress blog and making $10,000 plus every month from it.
List of 11 Best Real Online Jobs in 2022
Here’s the list of a few authentic and legit online jobs that really pay for your hard work:
Table of Contents
- List of 11 Best Real Online Jobs in 2022
- FAQs About Real Online Jobs In 2022
- In a nutshell on real online jobs in 2022
1. Become a Freelance Writer
One of the real online jobs to make money is becoming a freelance writer. Did you know that 28% of Americans currently freelance full-time?
As a freelance writer, your job is to write for others. This can be creating blog posts for other bloggers or agencies.
It’s a good idea to find something you’re passionate about so that you can offer writing services in a specific domain (or topic) you’re REALLY good at.
How much can you earn as a freelance writer?
According to the Pay Survey from Make A Living Writing, 1/3rd of first-year writers were earning around $20 per short blog post, but the pay rate can go as high as $300 and up.
Here is an overview of the rates for first-year writers in this year’s survey.
- 30% earn under $10 per hour
- 18% earn $11-$19 per hour
- 13% earn $20-$25 per hour
- 20% earn $26-$40 per hour
- 10% earn $50-$75 per hour
- 9% earn $76-$100+ per hour
As you can see above, as a freelance writer, you can earn as much as $100 or more per HOUR! Your earnings as a freelance writer mainly depend on your skills and how you market your writing services.
Freelance writing is one of the best online jobs you can pursue as a beginner. If done right, you can build a strong portfolio and build a career as a freelance writer.
How to find freelance writing gigs as a beginner?
So how do you find easy online jobs as a freelance writer? The best way is to start your own blog, create great content, and then offer your freelance writing services.
But starting a blog to offer freelance writing services is not everyone’s cup of tea, so here are some amazing platforms to find writing gigs online.
Problogger is an authority blog in the “blogging” industry that was launched by the professional blogger himself, Darren Rowse. This amazing blog also has an exclusive job board, called Problogger Job Board, where you can find a ton of writing gigs for free.
Here’s what the job board looks like;
As you can see above, you’ll find a lot of content writing gigs where you can find both part-time and full-time content writing projects as a freelance writer.
You can simply pick a job that suits your skills and expertise and then fill out the appropriate application form to get started.
Most of these freelance writing gigs provide you with all the details like how much content they need and what type of content you need to create. You can also discuss your payment before getting started.
Fiverr is one of the most popular online marketplaces for freelance services. On Fiverr, you can sign up for free, set up your Gig, and offer your freelance writing services.
On Fiverr, you will be paid after the gig has been successfully completed.
Remember that you will only be paid 80% of the total order value as Fiverr keeps the other 20% as a commission fee. For example, if someone orders $100 worth of content from you, you’ll be paid $80 (80% of the order value).
The best part about using Fiverr is that once you complete a buyer’s order, the money is transferred to your account. So you don’t have to chase clients for payments or wait weeks to get the payment.
- You can work from virtually anywhere. You can work from home, a coffee shop or work without getting out of your bed if you want.
- No huge investment is needed. All you need is a laptop or PC with an Internet connection.
- Almost every field needs freelance writers, ranging from healthcare to marketing to travel, sports, fitness, and so on. So you have plenty of opportunities as a freelance writer to find clients and make money online.
- Once you build a strong portfolio, you can charge whatever you want and pick only high-paying clients.
- You can have flexible work hours as a freelance writer. If you’re an early bird, you can write in the morning hours or if you’re a night owl, you can work late at night.
- Writing every single day is a daunting task. Most of the time, you’ll struggle with “writers’ block”.
- You’ll face health issues such as neck pain, back pain, gaining weight, etc. when you sit and work all day. So it’s a good idea to regularly work out so you can stay fit if you want to choose freelance writing as a career!
2. Web Design Jobs
Are you passionate about web design? Do you know how to design a website, graphics, images, or logos? If yes, you can make money as a web designer online.
As a web designer, you’ll be responsible for all of the design-related things of a website such as landing pages, custom email signup forms, header, footer, homepage, theme customization, and more.
Although finding real online jobs is hard, this is a great one to try and you’ll never regret it.
Even if you’re new to the web designing field, you can find plenty of tutorials on YouTube or you can go through courses on Udemy to learn how to become good at it.
How much do beginner web designers make?
Most beginner freelance web designers earn around $20 to $30 per hour.
If you’re an experienced freelance web designer, you can make about $75 per hour (this figure can vary, according to CSS-Tricks).
Your average earnings per hour mostly depend on the complexity of the project and the clients you pick. If you already have a website with a strong portfolio, you will definitely attract a lot of high-paying customers.
How to find web design jobs online as a beginner?
These are the two best places to look for web design jobs online to make money.
1. Upwork: Upwork (formerly Elance-oDesk) is a popular freelancing platform where you can find thousands of web design-related gigs. There are two ways you get paid on Upwork, one is hourly and the other is fixed price.
Upwork’s commission is the same for both (which is 20%). Your hourly rate on Upwork is the price before the service deduction. So if you’re selling a design gig for $20 per hour, you can expect to earn $16 per hour after the 20% fee.
2. Flexjobs: Looking for remote work from home? Flexjobs offers real online jobs from over 50 categories where you’ll also find web design-related gigs.
- You’ll get independence from office dynamics as you can work from home or anywhere.
- The choice to pick only the web design projects you like. You can accept or reject any project as a freelance web designer.
- Almost every website in the world needs a web design. So if you’re smart enough, you can find plenty of gigs as a web designer.
- You can be creative as a web designer. From graphics to color schemes, you can pick anything you want that looks appealing.
- Working from home as a web designer can get lonely. So it’s a smart idea to work at a web design agency or create a small team once you have enough clients.
3. SEO Jobs
If you’re looking for the best real online jobs, try SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as it’s a booming industry.
Almost every website, app, and product needs visibility in search engines. Just imagine ranking #1 on Google for some of the competitive keywords in your niche.
You can literally make thousands of dollars by ranking #1 for competitive keywords in most industries. That’s why people spend billions of dollars on SEO each year.
How much can you earn while working as an SEO?
As an SEO beginner, you can earn $20 to $50 per hour. You can charge your clients in two major ways including;
- Per hour
- Per project
According to research, agencies and freelancers are paid an average of $1,779 per client each month.
Once you start generating results with your SEO efforts, you can build a portfolio to start attracting high-paying clients who can pay you upwards of $100 per hour.
Where to look for SEO jobs to earn money online?
Here are some of the best platforms to look for SEO jobs online.
SEO Jobs on People Per Hour: PeoplePerHour is a popular online community of freelancers where you can find thousands of SEO jobs online. You can filter the SEO jobs by location, language, industry, and more, to find suitable gigs as an SEO beginner.
SEO Jobs on Guru: If you want to connect with quality brands to find freelance SEO jobs, Guru is a great platform for you. Guru has paid a total of over $250 million dollars to freelancers worldwide. You can find SEO gigs ranging from $10/hour to $1000/hour on their platform.
- SEO is a billion dollar industry as there are so many agencies and startups looking to grow their search rankings
- You can help businesses get more search traffic and increase their earnings along the way
- Once you set yourself as an SEO expert, you can charge as much as $1000 per gig
- SEO is a high income skill
- It can be hard to get started as an SEO. Creating a portfolio, finding clients, and networking can take a lot of time.
- Most SEOs have to deliver results. If you’re NOT getting results with your SEO services, it’s hard to attract new clients or maintain existing clients.
4. Blogging Jobs
Hands down, blogging is probably the best online job in the world as you can work from home and earn money from your laptop.
Although there are millions of blogs out there, if you’re consistent enough, you can build a sustainable career as a blogger in the long run.
How much can you earn from blogging as a beginner?
We’re currently earning $10,000 per month from our blog BloggersPassion.
In fact, we generated more than $300,000 just from one affiliate product.
Although we launched it over 10 years ago (read our blogging journey), you can make $1000/mo from blogging within 1 or 2 years of consistent work.
If you want to make money quickly as a blogger, start offering blog services to others. You can also use platforms like Fiverr and Problogger Job board to find plenty of blogging jobs.
How to find blogging jobs as a beginner?
The best way to find blogging jobs is to connect with expert bloggers in the industry you’re interested in.
There are so many full-time bloggers who are constantly looking to outsource their tasks such as;
- Content writing
- Web design
- Email marketing
- Social media
- eBooks creation
- Taking care of their SEO related stuff such as on-page optimization, keyword research, topic research, site audits, and more
Here’s what you can do to find blogging jobs as a beginner.
Firstly, make a list of 5 to 10 bloggers who are already making thousands of dollars each month from their blogs.
You can search for “top blogs in [industry]” or “top [industry] bloggers” or “blogger income reports”, etc. on Google to find a list of top bloggers in your niche.
Then, get in touch with those bloggers to offer free help. Yes, work for free in the beginning to build your portfolio.
You can offer free help in so many ways including proofreading their existing content, helping with their site SEO issues, website speed issues, email marketing-related stuff and the list goes on.
Then, you can ask them if they can offer any outsourcing jobs for you or you can also politely ask for any reference so you get work as a freelance blogger.
Apart from that, you can also use the following platforms to find blogging jobs.
- Fiverr (Fiverr is the reason why most real online jobs still exist!)
- Problogger Job Board
- It helps you earn passive income. You can also learn a lot and earn money in the process.
- There are a lot of ways to monetize a blog including offering services, selling affiliate products, selling your own products, ads, sponsorships, and more.
- You can work with other bloggers and learn their strategies to get traffic, create great content, and make profits.
- It takes a lot of time to master the art of blogging since it involves so many things including keyword research, content writing, optimization, social media, networking, email marketing, SEO and the list goes on
5. Digital Marketing Jobs
Since the COVID 19 pandemic, the digital marketing industry has been growing rapidly.
Do you know why?
Almost all businesses are going online so there’s a huge demand for digital marketers who can help businesses start their journey online.
As a digital marketer, you can do plenty of things including;
- Managing a blog or website (from content to SEO to email marketing)
- Social media (from posting to connecting with followers to replying to messages)
- SEO related tasks (including keyword research, site audits, content analysis, backlink building etc)
- Email marketing (creating newsletters, improving CTR, managing email lists, etc)
- Paid ads (promoting a site/app using paid ads such as Facebook ads, Google ads, Instagram ads, etc)
How much do digital marketing jobs pay?
If you’re just getting started as a digital marketer, you can expect $10 to $30 per hour depending on the projects you pick. You can earn as much as $5000 to $10,000 per month as a digital marketer if you’re experienced.
The typical rate is between $50 and $200 per hour according to ReliableSoft.
How to find digital marketing jobs as a beginner?
You can use the following platforms to find real online jobs as a digital marketer.
- Even after a decade, you can make money with your digital marketing skills so it’s a great career to choose as a beginner
- You can help brands, apps, websites and eCommerce stores with your digital marketing services
- You can work remotely and earn as much as you can
- As a beginner, it might be tricky to learn digital marketing and there’s a lot of competition out there
6. Become an Online Tutor
Do you love teaching? Are you looking to make money online as a tutor?
Then online tutoring is one an easy online job for you that lets you earn money by teaching others.
Due to COVID 19, almost all educational institutions are conducting classes online. Also, there are a ton of people who are using online platforms to educate themselves.
Did you know that the online tutoring market will be accelerating at a CAGR (Compound annual growth rate) of over 15%? It’s going to reach over $112 billion dollars by 2023.
So if you’re interested in teaching, you should definitely try online tutoring jobs.
How much can you earn as an online tutor?
Most online English teachers typically make anywhere between $10 to $40 per hour depending on their level of qualification. Your earnings per hour vary from topic to topic.
According to Tutor.com, online tutors typically earn around $30 per hour. This amount can increase to $50 or $60 per hour, for advanced subjects such as SAT Prep or calculus.
Where to find online tutor jobs?
Here’s a list of some of the best platforms to find real online tutoring jobs.
- You can teach from the comfort of your home since all you need is an Internet connection and a laptop
- You can teach online from anywhere in the world
- You can be your own boss and you’ll have more freedom to spend time with your family and friends
- You make money by teaching others (so it’s a win/win approach)
- As an online tutor, you need good time-management skills since there are a lot of distractions when working online
7. Become a Virtual Assistant
A Virtual Assistant (VA) is someone who provides services remotely and gets paid for their services.
As a virtual assistant, you can offer a ton of services including;
- Social media management (such as creating posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Blog maintenance (such as security, blog posting, editing, etc.)
- Web Design
- Answering emails, and the list goes on
How much can you earn as a virtual assistant?
Beginner VAs usually get paid $5 to $10 per hour. Once you have enough experience as a VA, and if you can multitask productively, you can expect to earn upwards of $50 per hour.
Here are the average rates of general virtual assistants according to “Small Revolution”.
Where to find virtual assistant jobs online?
Here are some of the amazing platforms that provide you virtual assistance jobs online.
- Work at your own pace and work with whomever you’d like (whether it be an influencer, blogger, or marketer)
- While working as a VA, you will learn a lot of new skills which can eventually help you become a better marketer or blogger in whatever field you’re working in
- You can set your own rates as a virtual assistant. If you already have the experience, you can set higher rates to attract better clients to work with
- Working as a VA is a tedious job as you’ll have to do a lot of micro jobs that don’t let you enjoy the work
8. Sell Photos Online
Selling photos online is one of the best options for people looking for genuine and real online jobs. You can sell everything from stock photos to vectors, graphics, logos, and so on.
How much can you earn by selling stock photos online?
If you want to make money by selling stock photos online, you can earn approximately 25 to 50 cents per image, per month.
You can earn huge amounts of money by using platforms like 500px Prime as you’ll receive 60% net for every license sold (standard licenses are $250).
Where to sell photos online to make money?
Here are some of the best platforms to sell your photos online to make plenty of money.
500px: 500px is probably the biggest platform to sell stock photos online.
There are currently over 15 million users from 195 countries using their platform to make money by selling photos.
500px also offers an Android and iPhone app so you can take pictures and upload them on the go.
You can visit this link to get started as a contributor.
Shutterstock: Over the last 15 years, Shutterstock paid out a billion dollars to their worldwide community of contributors. On their platform, you can sell photos, footage clips, illustrations, vectors, and more.
- You can make money by selling photos online. You can snap pictures on a DSLR or even your smartphone, as there are many platforms such as 500px that accept appealing stock images.
- Make money every time your content (photo) is downloaded
- Some platforms like Shutterstock allow you to earn even more by referring new contributors and customers
- There’s lots of competition which makes it hard to get your stock images noticed online.
9. Transcription Jobs
If you’re looking for legit jobs online, you should definitely try transcription jobs.
A transcription service is simply converting speech (either live or recorded) into a written or electronic text document (such as a PDF, word file, and so on).
Transcription services are used mostly by the following fields
- Business (marketing, eCommerce, real estate and so on)
- Medical purposes
Here’s what the job listings look like;
How much can you make as a transcriber?
The industry standard is to charge $1 to $1.50 per audio minute.
If your clients need a turnaround time of 48 hours, expect a standard fee of $.75 per audio minute. For a 24 hour turnaround, the fee can be $1.25 per audio minute and same-day service charges can be $1.50 per audio minute.
The great part about using transcription services (where you transcribe audio files to text) is that you can upsell by offering a few more features like;
- Subtitle File (this can be used as YouTube or video caption file and with other players. You can earn an extra $.50 to $.75 per audio minute)
- BITC (Burnt-In Timecode) (this is the on-screen timecode embedded in the video frame to be used for time coding the transcript. This can give you an extra $.50 to $.75 per audio minute)
- Strict Verbatim (this is the charge for having your file transcribed. Verbatim can run from $0.50 to $.75 extra per audio minute)
Apart from audio transcription, medical transcription is another widely used transcription service that you should definitely try if you want to earn money online.
Medical transcription is simply the method of converting medical dictations (digital voice) to textual format (usually in a word document, PDF file, and so on).
The voice files usually contain the voice of medical professionals or their assistants dictating for a physician that you need to transcribe into a textual format file.
The money you make from medical transcription depends on various things and these services often charge per line of text. The average cost is usually $0.12 to $0.14 per line, prices can actually range anywhere from $0.07 to $0.20 per line.
Where can you find transcription jobs and gigs to earn money online in 2022?
Here is a list of some widely used online transcription services that you can use to make money online as a transcriber.
- There are many YouTubers who want to transcribe their videos into text so there’s a huge demand for transcribers
- In the medical field, you can find a ton of transcribing gigs where you can convert medical dictations to text format
- Plenty of platforms, such as TranscribeMe, let you make money online with transcribing
- Most of the time, you’ll be earning peanuts and it can be a daunting task
10. Translation Jobs
Becoming a translator is one of the best online jobs that lets you make money from your home.
It doesn’t matter what country you’re in, you can use translation online earning sites to make more money from home.
The great part about becoming a translator to make money online is that you don’t need a degree (although having a bachelor’s degree helps). The most important requirement for any translator is being fluent in at least 2 languages.
For instance, if you’re fluent in both English and Hindi, you can easily get a ton of transcriptions jobs to make money online.
There’s a HUGE scope for growth in translating services and its popularity is still growing rapidly even in Asian countries like India, Srilanka, Malaysia, etc. where tourism and cultural activities are shooting up.
How much can you make money as a translator?
It really depends on what languages you know and how effectively you can translate from one language to another. On average you can earn anywhere around $5 to $50 per page depending on the languages you excel in.
How to find translation jobs online?
Here are some of the best platforms where you can find real online jobs as a translator.
- There are many companies and brands that are in need of translation services so you can find many translation gigs to make money
- If you know a couple of languages, you can find a ton of high-paying translation jobs online
- You just need to translate the existing content (so you don’t need to create anything on your own)
- Translation can be a cumbersome job and it can be boring most of the time
11. Become a YouTuber
Believe it or not, YouTube is the second biggest search engine after Google. Becoming a YouTuber and starting your own channel is another one of the legit jobs you can find online.
How much can you earn as a YouTuber?
The sky’s the limit when it comes to YouTube earnings. There are YouTubers like MrBeast who made an estimated $54 million dollars from his YouTube channel in 2021 (according to Forbes).
There are thousands of YouTubers who make several thousand dollars per month from their YouTube videos.
You just need a decent subscriber base who are actually interested in your content. Then, it becomes easier to make money from YouTube.
How to make money from YouTube?
There are plenty of ways to earn money from your YouTube channel. Here are 3 common ways most YouTubers make money from their channels.
AdSense: AdSense is a widely used strategy to make money from YouTube. Make a note that you need at least 4000 watch hours and 1000 subscribers on your channel to be able to monetize your channel with AdSense ads.
Your AdSense earnings from YouTube depend on your target audience region, keywords you choose on your videos, CPC of those keywords, and so on. The average CPM is $1 to $3 for most YouTube videos (per 1000 views).
Affiliate marketing: Many YouTubers also use affiliate products to promote. You can sign up for an Amazon affiliate program where you can find millions of products to promote. You earn a commission whenever someone purchases something using your links.
Sponsorships: If you want to earn more money from YouTube, this is the best way. You just need to analyze the top YouTube channels in your industry and see what type of sponsorships they are promoting. You can then get in touch with those brands to have them sponsor your channel or videos as well.
- As a YouTuber, you can get famous and earn money online.
- There are plenty of ways to monetize your YouTube channel including AdSense, sponsorships, affiliate marketing, selling your own merchandise, selling courses, etc.
- You can become an expert in a niche (the topic your videos are about)
- Sometimes all it takes is just ONE video to make your YouTube channel grow (suddenly, you’ll see a huge subscriber growth and increased watch time once your videos go viral)
- There’s a lot of competition on YouTube. You’ll literally find thousands of channels on just about any topic under the sun, so it’s difficult to stand out and make your channel successful. You need to be consistent for at least 1 or 2 years to reap the benefits.
So there you go, those are the best ways to work online from home and get paid in 2022.
What Others are Reading:
- Most Profitable Niches List That Really Make Money in 2022
- High Paying Affiliate Programs List for 2022
- MrBeast Net Worth: How He Gained Over 90 Million Subscribers
- Future of Blogging: Are Blogs Still Relevant in 2022?
- How to Start a Blog in 2022 And Earn Money From It
- Semrush 30 Days Free Trial with Unbiased Review 2022
- BEST AI Story Generator Tools to Write Better Stories
FAQs About Real Online Jobs In 2022
Here are a few of the most important and widely asked questions around real online jobs in 2022.
If you are a college student and looking for part-time jobs to make money online in your free time, we recommend the following three online jobs where you can earn a decent amount of money.
→ Become an online tutor
→ Become a freelancer
→ Become a blogger
There are a ton of real online jobs that you can use to make money from home without any investment and they include;
→ Social Media
If you’re a stay at home mom or a housewife who’s looking for online jobs to earn some money in your free time, then we recommend that you try these micro jobs:
→ Sharing a page, liking a Facebook page, tweeting others’ stuff
→ Searching on Google for research (content, video ideas, and so on)
→ Identifying an image or video (to find copied content)
→ Keyword research
→ Watching a video
→ Writing reviews
→ Giving testimonials and so on
You can use the following sites to find genuine online data entry jobs in 2022 and beyond.
Here are a few ways you can earn part-time income online.
→ Part-time blogging (by building a profitable blog from scratch)
→ Freelance writing for others
→ Data entry jobs
→ Finding gigs on sites like Fiverr, UpWork, etc
→ Online tutoring using sites like Wiziq, Preply, etc
→ Do online surveys on reliable websites like ySense, PrizeRebel
→ Play games to get paid
→ Work as a social media manager
→ Become a virtual assistant and provide secretarial services to employers
→ Start video editing
→ You can work as an App developer
→ Start Dropshipping
Recommended resources around making money:
- Websites that pay in 2022: 10+ websites for getting paid online
- How to make money online as a student in 2022
- Top list of get paid to blog sites for writing guest posts
- Best fiverr gigs to make money from home as a student
- How Much Money Do YouTubers Make From Their YouTube Channels?
In a nutshell on real online jobs in 2022
Don’t wait to start making money online. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a blogger, student, or a working professional, just get started. In the beginning, it might not be as fun as you think. But once you start making money using the above online jobs, you will love it.
With lots of legitimate job sites available online, it is easy to make a few dollars at your own leisure. Earning from these real online jobs websites won’t make you rich overnight, but you will definitely be able to pay some bills or buy yourself your favorite Android game.
So what are your views about the post? Do you have any more online jobs in mind that help people make real money online? Please share them in the comments.