Are you searching for best real online jobs that will help you make money in 2021?
We all want to make money blogging but the only factor that is stopping most people to start a blog is the failure rate.
Did you know upwards of 90% of bloggers never make even $100 from their blogs?
Blogs will never make any money, but businesses do. So if you can’t build a product and use your blogs as a promotional tool you can never make a passive income from online businesses.
Finding real online jobs isn’t easy, especially in this crowded online environment.
But what if you can make money without a blog? There are thousands of real online jobs available to make some quick money.
Are you frustrated with money-making scam websites? Are you looking for extra money by doing easy and real online jobs?
Are you a college student wanting to make money online in your spare time?
If yes, this article is definitely for you where I’ll be discussing a few legitimate jobs for making some quick money online. Most college students are willing to work online to earn some money in their free time instead of wasting their time on Facebook chats.
There are thousands of websites that promise to pay money, but in the end, they seem to be spam. But, don’t fret there are many sites that pay you for your time and work. If you are also looking for genuine sites, you just have to read below for more details.
Quick Note: Do you want to start a blog? Here’s a simple step by step tutorial on starting your own WordPress blog and make $10,000 plus every month from it.
List of 11 Best Real Online Jobs in 2021
Here’s the list of few authentic and legit online jobs that really pays for your hard work:
Table of Contents
- List of 11 Best Real Online Jobs in 2021
- In a nutshell on real online jobs in 2021
1. Become a Freelance Writer
One of the real online jobs to make money is becoming a freelance writer. Did you know that 28% of Americans currently freelance full-time?
As a freelance writer, your job is to write for others. It can be creating blog posts for other bloggers or agencies. It’s a good idea to find what you’re passionate about so that you can offer writing services in a specific domain (or topic) you’re REALLY good at.
How much can you earn as a freelance writer?
According to the Pay Survey from Make A Living Writing, 1/3rd of first-year writers were earning around $20 per short blog post, but the pay rate can go as high as $300 and up.
Here is an overview of the rates for first-year writers in this year’s survey.
- 30% earn under $10 per hour
- 18% earn $11-$19 per hour
- 13% earn $20-$25 per hour
- 20% earn $26-$40 per hour
- 10% earn $50-$75 per hour
- 9% earn $76-$100+ per hour
As you can see above, as a freelance writer, you can earn as much as $100 or more per HOUR! Your earnings as a freelance writer mainly depend on your skills and how you market your writing services.
Freelance writing is one of the best online jobs you can pursue as a beginner. If done right, you can build a strong portfolio and build a career as a freelance writer.
How to find freelance writing gigs as a beginner?
So how do you find easy online jobs as a freelance writer? The best way is to start your own blog, create great content, and offer your freelance writing services.
But starting a blog to offer freelance writing services is not everyone’s cup of tea, so here are some amazing platforms to find writing gigs online.
Problogger is an authority blog in the “blogging” industry which was launched by the professional blogger himself Darren Rowse. This amazing blog also has an exclusive job board called Problogger Job Board where you can find a ton of writing gigs for free.
Here’s how the job board looks like;
As you can see above, you’ll find a lot of content writing gigs where you can find both part-time and full-time content writing projects as a freelance writer.
You can simply pick a job that suits your skills and expertise and fill the appropriate application form to get started.
Most of these freelance writing gigs provide you all the details like how much content they need and what type of content you need to create. You can also discuss your payment before getting started.
Fiverr is one of the most popular online marketplaces for freelance services. On Fiverr, you can sign up for free, set up your Gig, and offer your freelance writing services.
On Fiverr, you will be paid after the gig has been successfully completed.
Remember that you will only be paid 80% of the total order value as Fiverr keeps the other 20% as a commission fee. For example, if someone orders $100 worth of content from you, you’ll be paid $80 (80% of the order value).
The best part about using Fiverr is that once you complete a buyer’s order, the money is transferred to your account. So you don’t have to chase clients for payments or wait for a few weeks to get the payment.
- You can work from virtually anywhere. You can work from a coffee shop or work without getting out of your bed if you want.
- No huge investment is needed. All you need is a laptop or PC with an Internet connection.
- Almost every field needs freelance writers ranging from healthcare to marketing to travel, sports, fitness, and so on. So you can find plenty of opportunities as a freelance writer to find clients and make money online.
- Once you build a strong portfolio, you can charge whatever you want and pick only high-paying clients.
- You can have flexible working hours. As a freelance writer, if you’re an early bird, you can write in the morning hours or if you’re a night owl, you can work late at night.
- Writing every single day is a daunting task. Most of the time, you’ll struggle with “writers’ block”.
- You’ll face health issues such as neck pain, back pain, getting fat, etc when you sit and work all day. So it’s a good idea to regularly work out to stay fit if you want to choose freelance writing as a career!
2. Web Design Jobs
Are you passionate about web design? Do you know how to design a website, graphics, images, or logos? If yes, you can make money as a web designer online.
As a web designer, you’ll be mostly responsible for all of the design-related things of a website such as landing pages, custom email signup forms, header, footer, homepage, theme customization, and more.
Although finding real online jobs is hard, try this one and you’ll never regret it.
Even if you’re new to the web designing field, you can find plenty of tutorials on YouTube or you can go through courses on Udemy to learn how to become good at it.
How much do beginner web designers make?
Most beginner freelance web designers earn around $20 to $30 per hour.
If you’re an experienced freelance web designer, you can make about $75 per hour (this figure can vary, according to CSS-Tricks).
Your average earnings per hour mostly depend on the complexity of the project and the clients you pick. If you already have a website with a strong portfolio, you can definitely attract a lot of high-paying customers.
How to find web design jobs online as a beginner?
There are two best places to look for web design jobs online to make money.
1. Upwork: Upwork (formerly Elance-oDesk) is a popular freelancing platform where you can find thousands of web design-related gigs. There are two ways you get paid on Upwork. One is hourly and the other is fixed price.
Upwork’s commission is the same for both (which is 20%). Your hourly rate on Upwork is the price before the service deduction. So if you’re selling a design gig for $20 per hour, you can expect to earn $16 per hour after the 20% fee.
2. Flexjobs: Looking for remote work from home? Then, Flexjobs offers real online jobs from over 50 categories where you can also find web design-related gigs.
- You’ll get independence from office dynamics as you can work from anywhere.
- The choice to pick only those web design projects you like. You can accept or reject any project as a freelance web designer.
- Almost every website in the world needs a web design. So if you’re smart enough, you can find plenty of gigs as a web designer.
- You can be creative as a web designer. From graphics to color schemes, you can pick anything you want that looks appealing.
- Working alone as a web designer can get lonely. So it’s a smart idea to work in a web design agency or create a small team once you’ve enough clients.
3. SEO Jobs
If you’re looking for the best real online jobs, try SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as it’s a booming industry.
Almost every website, app, and product needs visibility in search engines. Just imagine ranking for some of the competitive keywords in your niche on the #1 position on Google.
You can literally make thousands of dollars by ranking #1 for competitive keywords in most industries. That’s why people spend billions of dollars on SEO each year.
How much can you earn while working as an SEO?
As an SEO beginner, you can earn $20 to $50 per hour. You can charge your clients in two major ways including;
- Per hour
- Per project
According to a research, agencies and freelancers are paid an average $1,779 per client each month.
Once you start generating results with your SEO efforts, you can build a portfolio to start attracting high-paying clients who can pay you upwards of $100 per hour.
Where to look for SEO jobs to earn money online?
Here are some of the best platforms to look for SEO jobs online.
SEO Jobs on People Per Hour: PeoplePerHour is a popular online community of freelancers where you can find thousands of SEO jobs online. You can filter the SEO jobs by location, language, industry, and more to find suitable gigs as an SEO beginner.
SEO Jobs on Guru: If you want to connect with quality brands to find freelance SEO jobs, Guru is a great platform for you. Guru paid over $250 million dollars to freelancers worldwide. You can find SEO gigs ranging from $10/hour to $1000/hour on their platform.
- SEO is a billion dollar industry as there are so many agencies and startups looking to grow their search rankings
- You can help businesses to get more search traffic and increase their earnings along the way
- Once you set yourself as an SEO expert, you can charge as much as $1000 per gig
- SEO is a high income skill
- It can be hard to get started as an SEO. Creating a portfolio, finding clients, and networking can take a lot of time.
- Most SEOs have to deliver results. If you’re NOT getting results with your SEO services, it’s hard to attract new clients or maintain existing clients.
4. Blogging Jobs
Hands down, blogging is probably the best online job in the world as you can work from home and earn from your laptop.
Although there are millions of blogs out there but if you’re consistent enough, you can build a sustainable career as a blogger in the long run.
How much can you earn from blogging as a beginner?
We’re currently earning $10,000 per month from our blog BloggersPassion.
In fact, we generated more than $300,000 just from one affiliate product.
Although we launched it over 10 years ago (read our blogging journey), you can make $1000/mo from blogging within 1 or 2 years of consistent work.
If you want to make money quickly as a blogger, start offering blog services to others. You can also use platforms like Fiverr and Problogger Job board to find plenty of blogging jobs.
How to find blogging jobs as a beginner?
The best way to find blogging jobs is to connect with expert bloggers in the industry you’re interested in.
There are so many full-time bloggers who are constantly looking to outsource their tasks such as;
- Content writing
- Web design
- Email marketing
- Social media
- eBooks creation
- Taking care of their SEO related stuff such as on-page optimization, keyword research, topic research, site audits, and more
Here’s what you can do to find blogging jobs as a beginner.
Firstly, make a list of 5 to 10 bloggers who are already making thousands of dollars each month from their blogs.
You can search for “top blogs in [industry]” or “top [industry] bloggers” or “blogger income reports” etc on Google to find a list of top bloggers in your niche.
Then, get in touch with those bloggers to offer free help. Yes, work for free in the beginning to build your portfolio.
You can offer free help in so many ways including proofreading their existing content, helping with their site SEO issues, website speed issues, email marketing related stuff and the list goes on.
Then, you can ask them if they can offer any outsourcing jobs for you or you can also politely ask for any reference so you get work as a freelance blogger.
Apart from that, you can also use the following platforms to find blogging jobs.
- Fiverr (Fiverr is the reason why most real online jobs still exist!)
- Problogger Job Board
- It helps you earn passive income. You can also learn a lot and earn money in the process.
- There are too many ways to monetize a blog including offering services, selling affiliate products, selling your own products, ads, sponsorships, and more.
- You can work with other bloggers and learn their strategies to get traffic, create great content, and make profits.
- It takes a lot of time to master the art of blogging as it involves so many things including keyword research, content writing, optimization, social media, networking, email marketing, SEO and the list goes on
5. Digital Marketing Jobs
After COVID 19 pandemic, the digital marketing industry is growing rapidly.
Do you know why? Almost all businesses are going online so there’s a huge demand for digital marketers who can help businesses start their journey online.
As a digital marketer, you can do plenty of things including;
- Managing a blog or website (from content to SEO to email marketing)
- Social media (from posting to connecting with followers to replying to messages)
- SEO related tasks (including keyword research, site audits, content analysis, backlink building etc)
- Email marketing (creating newsletters, improving CTR, managing email lists, etc)
- Paid ads (promoting a site/app using paid ads such as Facebook ads, Google ads, Instagram ads, etc)
How much do digital marketing jobs pay?
If you’re just getting started as a digital marketer, you can expect $10 to $30 per hour depending on the projects you pick. You can earn as much as $5000 to $10,000 per month as a digital marketer (if you’re experienced).
The typical rate is between $50 and $200 per hour according to ReliableSoft.
How to find digital marketing jobs as a beginner?
You can use the following platforms to find real online jobs as a digital marketer.
- Even after a decade, you can make money with your digital marketing skills so it’s a great career to choose as a beginner
- You can help brands, apps, websites, eCommerce stores with your digital marketing services
- You can work remotely and earn as much as you can
- As a beginner, it might be tricky to learn digital marketing and there’s too much competition out there
6. Become an Online Tutor
Do you love teaching? Are you looking to make money online as a tutor? Then, online tutoring is one of the easy online jobs for you where you can earn money by teaching others.
Due to COVID 19, almost all educational institutions are conducting classes online. Also, there are a ton of people who are using online platforms to educate themselves.
Did you know that the online tutoring market will be accelerating at a CAGR (Compound annual growth rate) over 15%? It’s going to reach over $112 billion dollars by 2023.
So if you’re interested in teaching, you should definitely try online tutor jobs.
How much can you earn as an online tutor?
Most online English teachers typically make anywhere between $10 to $40 per hour depending on their level of qualification. Your earnings per hour vary from topic to topic.
According to Tutor.com, online tutors typically earn around $30 per hour. This amount can increase to $50 or $60 per hour, for advanced subjects such as SAT Prep or calculus.
Where to find online tutor jobs?
Here’s a list of some of the best platforms to find real online tutor jobs.
- You can teach in the comfort of your home as you just need an Internet connection with a laptop
- You can teach online from anywhere in the world
- You can be your own boss and you’ll have more freedom to spend time with your family
- You make money by teaching others (so it’s a win/win approach)
- As an online tutor, you need good time-management skills as there are too many distractions while working online
7. Become a Virtual Assistant
A Virtual Assistant (VA) is someone who provides services remotely and gets paid for their services.
As a virtual assistant, you can offer a ton of services including;
- Social media management (such as creating posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Blog maintenance (such as security, blog posting, editing, etc)
- Web Design
- Answering emails and the list goes on
How much can you earn as a virtual assistant?
Beginner VAs usually get paid $5 to $10 per hour. Once you have enough experience as a VA and if you can multitask several things in a day productively, you can expect to earn upwards of $50 per hour.
Here are the average rates of general virtual assistance according to “Small Revolution”.
Where to find virtual assistant jobs online?
Here are some of the amazing platforms that provide you virtual assistance jobs online.
- Work at your own pace and work with whoever you like (be it an influencer, blogger, or marketer)
- While working as a VA, you can learn a lot which can eventually help you become a better marketer or blogger in whatever field you’re working in
- You can set your own rates as a virtual assistant. If you already have the experience, you can set higher rates to attract better clients to work with
- Working as a VA is a tedious job as you’ll have to do a lot of micro jobs that don’t let you enjoy the work
8. Sell Photos Online
Selling photos online is one of the best options for people looking for genuine and real online jobs. You can sell everything from stock photos to vectors, graphics, logos and so on.
How much can you earn selling stock photos online?
If you want to make money by selling stock photos online, you can earn approximately 25 to 50 cents per image, per month.
You can earn huge amounts of money by using platforms like 500px Prime as you’ll receive 60% net for every license sold (standard licenses are $250).
Where to sell photos online to make money?
Here are some of the best platforms to sell your photos online to make plenty of money.
500px: 500px is probably the biggest platform to sell stock photos online.
There are currently over 15 million users from 195 countries using their platform to make money by selling photos.
500px also offers an Android and iPhone app so you can take pictures and upload them on the go.
You can visit this link to get started as a contributor.
Shutterstock: Over the last 15 years, Shutterstock paid out a billion dollars to their worldwide community of contributors. On their platform, you can sell photos, footage clips, illustrations, vectors and more.
- You can make money by selling photos online. You can snap pictures from DSLR or even your smartphone as there are many platforms such as 500px that accept appealing stock images.
- Make money every time your content (photos) is downloaded
- Few platforms like Shutterstock allows you to earn even more by referring new contributors and customers
- There’s lots of competition which makes it hard to get attention to your stock images online.
9. Transcription Jobs
If you’re looking for legit jobs online, you should definitely try transcription jobs. A transcription service is simply a task where you convert speech (either live or recorded) into a written or electronic text document (such as PDF, word file and so on).
Most of the transcription services are used mostly by the following fields
- Business (marketing, eCommerce, real estate and so on)
- Medical purposes
Here’s how the job listings look like;
How much can you make as a transcriber?
The industry standard is to charge $1 to $1.50 per audio minute.
If your clients need a turnaround time of 48 hours, expect a standard fee of $.75 per audio minute. For a 24 hour turnaround, the fee can be $1.25 per audio minute and same day service charges can be $1.50 per audio minute.
The great part about using transcription services (where you transcribe audio files to text), you can upsell by offering few more features like;
- Subtitle File (this can be used as YouTube or video caption file and with other players $.50 to $.75 extra per audio minute)
- BITC (Burnt-In Timecode) (this is the on-screen timecode embedded in the video frame to be used for time coding the transcript $.50 to $.75 extra per audio minute)
- Strict Verbatim (this is the charge for having your file transcribed verbatim can run from $0.50 to $.75 extra per audio minute)
Apart from audio transcription, medical Transcription is another widely used transcription service that you must give a try if you want to earn money online by using transcription services.
Medical transcription is simply the method of converting medical dictations (digital voice) to textual format (usually in a word document, PDF file and so on).
The voice files usually contain the voice of medical professionals or their assistants dictating for a physician that you need to transcribe into a textual format file.
The money you make from medical transcription depends on various things and these services often charge per line of text. The average cost is usually $0.12 to $0.14 per line, prices can actually range anywhere from $0.07 to $0.20 per line.
Where can you find transcription jobs and gigs to earn money online in 2021?
Here is a list of some of the widely used online transcription services that you can use to make money online as a transcriber.
- There are many YouTubers who want to transcribe their videos into text so there’s a huge demand for a transcriber
- In the medical field, you can find a ton of transcribing gigs as you can convert medical dictations to text format
- Plenty of platforms such as TranscribeMe that help you make money online with transcribing
- Most of the times, you’ll be earning peanuts and it’s a daunting task
10. Translation Jobs
Becoming a translator is one of the best online jobs where you can make money by sitting at your home.
It doesn’t matter what country you are in, you can use translation online earning sites to earn more money from home.
The great part about becoming a translator to make money online is you don’t need a degree (although having a bachelor’s degree helps) but the most important requirement for any translator is, having fluency in at least 2 languages.
For instance, if you’re fluent in both English and Hindi, you can easily get a ton of projects related to transcriptions to make money online
So there’s HUGE scope for growth in translating services and its popularity is only growing rapidly even in Asian countries like India, Srilanka, Malaysia etc where tourism and cultural activities are shooting up.
How much can you make money as a translator?
It really depends on what languages you know and how effectively you can translate from one language to another. On average you can earn anywhere around $5 to $50 per page depending upon the languages you excel in.
How to find translation jobs online?
Here are some of the best platforms where you can find real online jobs as a translator.
- There are many companies and brands that are in need of translation services so you can find many translation gigs to make money
- If you know a couple of languages, you can find a ton of high-paying translation jobs online
- You just need to translate the existing content (as you don’t need to create anything on your own)
- Translation can be a cumbersome job and it can be boring most of the times
11. Become a YouTuber
Whether you know it or not, YouTube is the second biggest search engine after Google. Becoming a YouTuber and starting your own channel is one of the legit jobs you can find online.
How much can you earn as a YouTuber?
The sky’s the limit when it comes to YouTube earnings. There are YouTubers like MrBeast who made an estimated $24 million dollars from his YouTube channel (according to Forbes).
There are thousands of YouTubers who make several thousand dollars per month from their YouTube videos.
You just need a decent subscriber base who are actually interested in your content. Then, it becomes easier to make money from YouTube.
How to make money from YouTube?
There are plenty of ways to earn money from your YouTube channel. Here are 3 common ways most YouTubers use to make money from their channels.
AdSense: AdSense is the widely used strategy to make money from YouTube. Make a note that you need at least 4000 watch hours and 1000 subscribers on your channel to be able to monetize your channel with AdSense ads.
Your AdSense earnings from YouTube depend on your target audience region, keywords you choose on your videos, CPC of those keywords and so on. The average CPM is $1 to $3 for most YouTube videos (for 1000 views).
Affiliate marketing: Many YouTubers also use affiliate products to promote. You can sign up for an Amazon affiliate program where you can find millions of products to promote. You earn a commission whenever someone purchases through your links.
Sponsorships: If you want to earn more money from YouTube, this is the best way. You just need to analyze the top YouTube channels in your industry and see what type of sponsorships they are promoting. You can also get in touch with those brands to sponsor your channel (or videos).
- As a YouTuber, you can be famous and earn money online.
- There are plenty of ways to monetize your YouTube channel including AdSense, sponsorships, affiliate marketing, selling your own merchandise, selling courses, etc.
- You can become an expert in a niche (the topic your videos are about)
- Sometimes all it takes is just ONE video to make your YouTube channel grow (suddenly, you’ll see a huge subscriber growth, increased watch time, etc once your videos go viral)
- There’s too much competition on YouTube. You’ll literally find thousands of channels just around any topic under the sun. So it’s difficult to stand out and make your channel successful. You need to be consistent for 1 or 2 years to reap the benefits.
So there you go, those are the best ways to work online from home and get paid 2021.
FAQs About Real Online Jobs In 2021
Here are few most important and widely asked questions around real online jobs in 2021.
If you are a college student and looking for part-time jobs to make money online in your free time, we recommend you the following three online jobs where you can earn decent money.
→ Become an online tutor
→ Become a freelancer
→ Become a blogger
There are a ton of real online jobs that you can use to make money from home without any investment and some of them include;
→ Social Media
If you’re a stay at home mom or a housewife who’s looking for online jobs to earn some money in your free time, then we recommend you to find these micro jobs:
→ Sharing a page, liking a Facebook page, tweeting others stuff
→ Searching on Google for research (content, video ideas and so on)
→ Identifying an image or video (to find copied content)
→ Keyword research
→ Watching a video
→ Writing reviews
→ Giving testimonials and so on
You can use the following sites to find genuine online data entry jobs in 2021 and beyond.
Here are few ways you can earn part-time income from online.
→ Part-time blogging (by building a profitable blog from scratch)
→ Freelance writing for others
→ Data entry jobs
→ Finding gigs on sites like Fiverr, UpWork etc
→ Online tutoring using sites like Wiziq, Tutor India etc
→ Do online surveys on reliable websites like ySense, PrizeRebel
→ Play games to get paid
→ Work as a social media manager
→ Become a virtual assistant and provide secretarial services to employers
→ Start video editing
→ You can work as an App developer
→ Start Dropshipping
Recommended resources around making money:
- Websites that pay in 2021: 10+ websites for getting paid online
- How to make money online as a student in 2021
- Top list of get paid to blog sites for writing guest posts
- Best fiverr gigs to make money from home as a student
- How Much Money Do YouTubers Make From Their YouTube Channels?
In a nutshell on real online jobs in 2021
Don’t wait to start making money online. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a blogger, student or a working profession, just get started. In the beginning, it might not be as fun as you think. But once you start making money using the above online jobs, you will love it.
With lots of legitimate job sites available online, it is easy to make few dollars at our own leisure. Earning from these real online jobs website on’t make you rich overnight, but definitely you will be able to pay some bills or buy yourself your favorite Android game.
So what are your views about the post? Do you have any more online jobs in mind that help people to make real money online? Please share them in the comments.