Product Name: HostGator
HostGator is a leading hosting provider that offers affordable hosting plans. It currently powers over 2 million sites worldwide and it also has an amazing affiliate program that pays up to $125 per qualified sale. Read our unbiased HostGator affiliate program review to find out how you can make more money.
Are you searching for an honest HostGator affiliate review? You’ve come to the right place.
Why should you try the HostGator affiliate program when there are a ton of web hosting affiliate programs out there?
HostGator pays you up to $125 for qualified signups. It also offers extremely affordable hosting plans – so it becomes easier to convince people to sign up for their hosting products.
If you’re interested to find honest details about the HostGator affiliate program and how to increase your affiliate earnings with HostGator, this post is exclusively for you.
In this HostGator affiliate review, we’ll discuss the following things;
- How we made over $11,000 with the HostGator affiliate program (including our earning reports)
- Why should you promote HostGator as an affiliate
- How to generate more sales from the HostGator affiliate program and many more
So are you ready? Let’s get started!
Affiliate Disclaimer: This HostGator affiliate review contains affiliate links (it means we get a small commission when you buy anything using those links), at no extra cost to you. Thank you for the support.
Table of Contents
- HostGator Affiliate Review: How We Made $11K+ So Far
- 3 PROVEN Ways to Earn More Money from the HostGator Affiliate Program
- Why Should You Promote HostGator? 10 MAJOR Benefits for Affiliates
- FAQs | HostGator Affiliate Review
- Final Thoughts On HostGator Affiliate Program
HostGator Affiliate Review: How We Made $11K+ So Far
Here are some interesting facts about HostGator.
- HostGator was founded in 2002 by Brent Oxley and acquired by EIG (Endurance International Group)
- HostGator currently has over 12,000 servers around the world
- There are over 8 million domains hosted by HostGator
- Over 2 million websites hosted on HostGator
What is the HostGator affiliate program? How does it work?
HostGator affiliate program helps you earn money while you refer customers to HostGator through your affiliate links from your website, social media, email lists, etc.
Here’s the overview of the HostGator affiliate program;
- Types of products: Web hosting related services
- Commission structure: Commissions range from $65 to $125 per hosting signup
- Cookie length: 60 days
- Primary Payment Method: PayPal
Here’s the payout structure of the HostGator affiliate program:
- 1-5 signups per month – you’ll get paid $65 per signup
- 6-10 signups per month – you’ll get paid $75 per signup
- 11-20 signups per month – you’ll get paid $100 per signup
- 21+ signups per month – you’ll get paid $125 per signup
For example, if you generate 21 signups in any month, you will get $125 x 21 = $2,625!
How does the HostGator affiliate program work?
Here’s how the HostGator affiliate program works.
Visit this page to join as a HostGator affiliate for free. Once you’re on the page, click on the “Sign Up Free” button and fill out the form to complete your application.
Here’s how it looks like;
Once you fill the application form to finish the signup process, you will get a confirmation email. Once your account gets accepted, you’ll get access to a unique affiliate link along with dozens of banners to promote HostGator’s products.
Quick note: The HostGator.com affiliate campaign is provided by Impact. So if you already have an account with Impact, you can sign in to access the HostGator affiliate account.
How Made $11,000+ So Far from HostGator [With Earning Reports]
Now… let us show you the screenshots of our HostGator earning report.
Here’s the earning report of the recent months.
Although we’re NOT actively promoting HostGator on our site, we still generate decent commission from the HostGator affiliate program.
Here’s one more earning screenshot of the HostGator affiliate program.
So far, we generated 814,220 (in Indian rupees) from the HostGator affiliate program which converts to $11,202.
Generating $11,000+ from just one web hosting affiliate program is not a bad deal, right? Although it’s NOT easy to start generating affiliate sales from day one, if you follow the right strategy, you can also do the same.
Side note: If you’re a regular reader of BloggersPassion, you might already know that we don’t actively promote HostGator. Even after NOT actively promoting it, HostGator is still generating decent commissions.
So if you have a smart content marketing strategy and promote their hosting products on your blog or website aggressively, you’ll definitely get better results.
3 PROVEN Ways to Earn More Money from the HostGator Affiliate Program
It’s easy to join any affiliate program and start promoting it. But much harder to actually generate sales. So how can you make more money from the HostGator affiliate program?
Here are 3 proven strategies you can use to get more sales as a HostGator affiliate.
1. Setup a Website on HostGator
Here’s a quick affiliate marketing tip for you: before you recommend ANY product, use it.
The best way to increase your HostGator affiliate product sales is to start a blog on HostGator first.
Why? Here are some of the benefits of using HostGator before recommending it to your audience.
- You’ll know how good (or bad) their hosting is
- You can use lots of screenshots while writing tutorials or reviews around HostGator
- You can create videos showing their hosting interface, installing WordPress on HostGator, etc.
Fortunately, HostGator has cheaper hosting plans starting only at $2.75 per month. It also offers exceptional features like;
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- free SSL certificate
- easy WordPress installs
- a free domain for a year and more
Here’s a simple tutorial on how to start a blog using HostGator hosting.
Visit this special link to sign up for HostGator. Once you click on the link, you’ll be taken to our exclusive promo code page where you’ll find all the hosting plans from HostGator.
Here’s how it looks like;
As you can see above, HostGator offers three hosting plans which are;
- Hatchling Plan (best suited if you want to host only one website)
- Baby Plan (a perfect choice if you want to host unlimited sites)
- Business Plan (offers extra features like free private SSL, free dedicated IP, etc)
Pick any plan that suits your needs and click the ‘Buy Now’ button to continue.
In the next step, you’ll be asked to enter a domain (it’s free to register a domain with HostGator) along with other details like your email, billing info, etc.
The promo code of BloggersPassion is already applied to give you the maximum discount on their hosting plans. Here’s how it looks like;
As you can see above, the Hatchling plan costs you only around $105 for 36 months (along with a FREE domain)!
Once review your order details and click on the Checkout Now button. Once you’re done with the payment, you’ll get a confirmation email from HostGator with your account details.
Then, you can install WordPress on HostGator, and in case if you’re not happy with their hosting or features, you can cancel your hosting account within 45 days of your hosting purchase and you’ll get a full refund.
So what are you still waiting for?
2. Honest Reviews ALWAYS Work Like a Charm
One of the major benefits of starting a blog is you’ll be able to educate your audience about the products you promote. Writing honest product reviews is a clever way to create awareness about your affiliate products.
We’ve published lots of product reviews around various affiliate products on our blog and most of them convert really well for us.
The key to writing product reviews that generate sales is this: make your reviews unbiased and include as many product details as possible.
Here’s one more tip for you: Pick low competitive keywords around HostGator.
Keyword research is the #1 way to get more traffic from search engines like Google. You need to be picky about the keywords you target.
When it comes to keywords, there are several types including;
- Buyer keywords (also known as commercial keywords, example: HostGator coupon code)
- Informative keywords (example: How to install WordPress on HostGator)
- Navigational keywords (example: HostGator cPanel login)
Make sure to target both informative and buyer keywords as they help you with more search traffic and sales.
We use Semrush to find profitable yet low competitive keywords and we highly recommend you giving it a try.
Quick note: You can use this exclusive link to try Semrush Pro free trial for the next 30 days which is worth $119.95!
When you enter a keyword related to HostGator, the Semrush keyword magic tool shows you the following keyword recommendations.
As you can see above, the highlighted keywords are commercial keywords, which means, they help you with more affiliate sales if you rank #1 for those keywords.
The good thing about using Semrush is that you can also do competitor research to find what keywords are generating more traffic and revenue to your competitors’ sites.
To do that, visit the Organic Research tool from Semrush and enter any of your competitors’ website URLs in the search field.
Have a look;
Once you click on the “Keywords” data, the tool will show you all the organic keywords that the website ranks for.
Here’s how it looks like;
As you can see above, Semrush will show you all the keywords the website is ranking for along with other important metrics like;
- keyword positions
- search volume
- keyword difficulty (KD%) and more
The key here is to find low-competitive yet highly profitable keywords and create EPIC content around those keywords to rank #1 on Google search rankings.
Once you start generating traffic for competitive keywords, you start generating qualified signups which ultimately help you generate more income from the HostGator affiliate program.
3. Offer Promos, Coupons, and Discounts
Did you know that 97% of consumers look for deals when they shop and 92% are always looking for the best deal?
Everyone loves discounts and great deals. You can easily entice your target audience to try HostGator hosting-related products by offering deals and discounts.
HostGator often offers a wide range of discounts and deals which you can use to promote their web hosting products. You can also create custom coupon codes from HostGator’s affiliate dashboard.
You can also make use of special events like Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc and create exclusive pages around those events to increase your product sales.
One thing to remember while promoting HostGator web hosting products is to try to get annual hosting signups instead of monthly signups.
Why? With monthly signups, people might try HostGator for one or two months and cancel their hosting account. That means, you won’t get any commission for such cancelled accounts.
When you get annual hosting purchases from users, you mostly get confirmed sales which ultimately help you with more profits.
Why Should You Promote HostGator? 10 MAJOR Benefits for Affiliates
Why should you promote HostGator as an affiliate? What are the benefits of the HostGator affiliate program? Here are TEN major reasons to promote HostGator as an affiliate.
1. Earn up to $125 per qualified signups
One of the major reasons most affiliates promote HostGator is this: it pays HUGE commissions. You can earn up to $125 for every single qualified signup!
Here’s the quick breakdown of their commission structure.
- 1-5 signups/mo: $65/signup
- 6-10 signups/mo: $75/signup
- 11-20 signups/mo: $100/signup
- 21+ signups/mo: $125/signup
That means, the more qualified signups you generate each month, the higher your commissions will be.
2. Most popular web hosting service
HostGator is a well-known brand in the hosting industry. It currently powers over 2 million websites worldwide and it has been offering hosting services since 2002 (nearly 2 decades!). So it’s easier to promote such recognized companies no matter what niche you are in.
3. 60-days cookie length
HostGator affiliate program offers a generous 60-day cookie window to all its affiliates. It simply means, if a customer purchases a HostGator product through your affiliate link and does not sign up immediately but signs up within 60 days, you will still be able to get a commission for that referral.
4. Completely free to join
It’s free to join as a HostGator affiliate. There’s no setup fee involved and you can use the Impact Radius account to get started with the HostGator affiliate program.
5. Hasslefree affiliate account setup
Creating an affiliate account with HostGator is effortless as you need to create an account with Impact Radius from here. Or you can also use your existing Impact Radius account to sign up for the HostGator affiliate. They usually approve applications after a manual review in about 48 hours during normal business hours.
6. Access to tools and banners
HostGator offers you free promotional materials such as ad banners and links within your affiliate control panel after registering your affiliate account. So you can use them to easily promote HostGator web hosting-related products to your audience.
7. Lots of hosting options to promote
As a HostGator affiliate, you can promote a wide range of web hosting and its related products including;
- Shared Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
The best part is, almost all of their hosting packages are extremely affordable (no matter whether it is VPS hosting or shared or cloud hosting). So if your target audience is looking for affordable hosting options to start their own blogs or websites, you can make a ton of money from the HostGator affiliate program.
8. Affordable web hosting packages
HostGator is known for offering affordable hosting packages to its customers as their shared hosting plans start only at $2.75 per month. So if you have an audience who’s looking to start their own blogs (or websites) at affordable prices, HostGator is a perfect fit for you.
9. There’s no cap on your earnings
HostGator does not cap its affiliates’ earning potential. That means, there’s no limit on how much you can earn with their affiliate program. You may earn as much money as you can legitimately earn.
10. Plethora of incredible hosting features
HostGator is known for providing incredible hosting features at affordable prices. If you’re curious, here’s a list of some of the amazing hosting features that you get with HostGator;
- Free domain for ONE year
- 45 days money-back guarantee
- Free site migration
- One-click WordPress installs
- Unmetered bandwidth
- $150 Google Ads and $100 Bing Ads credit
- Free SSL certificates
- The ability to host unlimited sites
Pros and Cons — HostGator Affiliate Program
As an affiliate, here are the HostGator’s pros and cons you should be aware of.
- Hefty payouts for affiliates as you can earn up to $125 per hosting signup
- Well-known brand in the hosting industry
- Extremely affordable hosting plans with great hosting features (which makes it easier for you to promote their products)
- Many web hosting choices to choose from (ranging from shared hosting to VPS, reselling hosting, etc)
- Free to join as an affiliate
- Offers excellent hosting features including free site migration, free domain registration, and more
- Access to a ton of banners and links to promote their hosting products
- HostGator offers a 45-day money-back guarantee to its users (so it’s much easier to convince your audience to try their web hosting related products without risk)
- HostGator’s after-sale customer support is pathetic (so you might want to consider that before recommending their hosting products to your target audience)
FAQs | HostGator Affiliate Review
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about the HostGator affiliate program.
Visit this page to become a HostGator affiliate. It’s free to sign up as an affiliate for HostGator.
If you’re looking to promote affordable hosting plans from a well-known hosting company, HostGator is a great choice to consider. You can earn up to $125 per signup.
The standard payout commission per one HostGator signup is $65. However, your commission goes up if you generate more sales as you can earn up to $125 per sale!
To receive your first payment, you need to make at least $100 as a HostGator affiliate. That means you need to generate at least two successful signups to be able to receive your first payment.
This will only be applicable on the FIRST payment and any single sale can be processed after this payment has been made.
HostGator’s payout turnaround for qualified sales is 2 months + 10 days after the month the sale is generated.
You need to maintain a $100 minimum balance before you get paid.
For example, if you’ve generated two successful signups in January, the sales will be verified at the end of March and you will get paid a $130 commission ($65/signup) the first week of April.
HostGator pays affiliate commissions either via check or PayPal and you can withdraw your commissions from your Impact Radius account.
If you’ve any questions, you can email email@example.com for affiliate program questions and support.
Few More Helpful Resources:
- How We Earned Over $310,000 With Semrush Affiliate Program [With Earning Reports]
- 11 Clever Ways to Promote Web Hosting Affiliate Programs
- WPX Hosting Affiliate Program Review: Personal Experience, Earning Screenshots & More
- Bluehost Affiliate Program Review: How We Earn Over $1500 a Month
- Hostinger Affiliate Review: How Much Can You Earn?
Final Thoughts On HostGator Affiliate Program
If you’re looking to promote affordable hosting-related products from a reputed hosting brand, HostGator is a great choice.
Make sure to create a SOLID plan to promote HostGator. Create informative content around HostGator to boost your affiliate commissions. Otherwise, it would be really difficult to generate even one sale!
Did you find our HostGator affiliate review helpful? If yes, please share it with others and also let us know if you’ve any questions about their program in the comments.