Are you a blogger and want to increase affiliate sales on upcoming Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals Week?
If you are looking for ways to boost your affiliate income on special days like Black Friday or Cyber Monday, you are in the right place.
In this post, I’m going to talk about few proven ways to increase your sales on black Fridays as a blogger. Use them to increase your earnings.
Whether you know it or not, few bloggers make more money on Black Friday’s and Cyber Monday’s than they make in the whole year! That’s the reason why majority of the bloggers don’t miss any chances to increase their sales on Black Friday/Cyber Monday that comes once in a year.
- Learn How I Made $2597 During Black Friday Sale in 2016
- How I Made Over $13,000 Within A Week During Black Friday & Cyber Monday in 2017
Table of Contents
- What are Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales?
- How To Increase Affiliate Affiliate Sales On Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
- 1. Properly optimize your “special pages”
- 2. Analyze others Black Friday/Cyber Monday campaigns
- 3. Leverage email subscribers
- 4. Build quality backlinks to outrank competitors
- 5. Write in-depth product reviews
- 6. Use landing pages to generate more sales
- 7. Use the right tools
- 8. Create video reviews
- 9. Give them a reason to buy from your affiliate links
- 3 dumbest mistakes to avoid
What are Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales?
Black Friday is the Friday following Thanksgiving Day in the United States (the fourth Thursday of November). Majority of the affiliate product creators, software developers give HUGE offers during Black Friday week. Usually you can expect 50 to 80% off on almost every product you think of buying online.
Black Friday sales are majorly promoted by all kinds of bloggers and marketers during the 4th Thursday of November. Due to the huge offers and discounts, they sell their affiliate products like hot cakes. That’s why Black Friday, Cyber Monday sales help most bloggers to generate huge income.
So if you are thinking to improve affiliate sales on Black Friday/Cyber Monday this November, check out all the insider tips I have got for you. Make sure to share the post if you like it! Now, let’s dive into the details without much ado.
How To Increase Affiliate Affiliate Sales On Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
Here are my top 9 tips to increase affiliate marketing sales during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals weekend. I have also listed the common mistakes to avoid during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday affiliate campaigns.
1. Properly optimize your “special pages”
I call these special pages, but these pages are basically the ones where you list the best affiliate offers during the thanksgiving week and after. How to take advantage of these pages and sell more?
On your blog, you list all the premium tools you are using or others in your competition are using. These can be anything in your niche and are not limited to hosting offers.
Create a page/article about the products titled “best Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals and discounts on [enter your niche]. Your niche is the topic your blog is about and you’ll list the tools your audience are likely to use. Suppose you own a sewing/knitting blog, then you will promote best discounts on sewing machines, yarns etc.
Few tips to use special pages for more affiliate sales:
- Make the posts well-formatted.
- Clearly add a CTA for each deal. If you look at my Cyber Monday Blogging Deals you’ll find a clear CTA button that commands action.
- Instead of creating new special pages every year, you should aim at updating your old pages each year. This is because Google loves old content that is refreshed with new data. Plus, you get to leverage your old rankings for that page every year without having to build new backlinks etc.
2. Analyze others Black Friday/Cyber Monday campaigns
You may already know other top bloggers in your industry. If not, you can simply Google “top blogs on [your niche]” and read the corresponding posts.
You can also search for “best Black Friday deals in [your niche]” to see who is ranking and how.
One more strategy you can use to improve your competitor research is using a tool like Semrush. Grab this 30 day free trial link to get started. You can use this guide to get the list of keywords your competitors are ranking for Black Friday sales. You can also use Semrush to spy on their backlinks for those pages and see if you can get links from those sources or even better sources.
This way, you can know competitor strategy and plan yours to gain better rankings and sales.
Few other things you can do to spy your competitor strategies:
- Make a list of 5 to 10 bloggers who are making decent income from affiliate marketing.
- Subscribe to their email lists.
- Analyze how they are promoting their affiliate products during special days.
- Also check out if they are writing any product reviews during Black Friday. Find out how many links they are using and how they are convincing their readers to buy stuff from them.
Related Article: Top Competitor Research tools To Check Out
3. Leverage email subscribers
If you want to quickly boost your sales during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas or any other special days, you need an email list. And not just any other email list of random people, but the email list that’s fully filled with the hungry buyers who are eagerly waiting for your product recommendations.
If you want to build a hungry email list, you need to make sure to add more value frequently. If you treat it just as a “selling list”, they will easily sense that you are sending emails just to increase your sales, they will simply abandon your list. Or they don’t even open your emails. That’s the reason why you need to treat them as your family. Care for them, help them genuinely, figure out all the problems they have and recommend the products they really need.
If you want to increase Black Friday/Cyber Monday affiliate marketing sales, you can leverage your existing email list to redirect them towards your “special pages” I mentioned in our first
Ask any SEO expert the simplest way to increase traffic on any blog, they will say one thing “build quality links”. The more links you get to your blog posts from other blogs the higher your search rankings will be. It’s as simple as that.
In a sentence, “backlinks improve SEO”. It increases your traffic, overall domain authority and brand awareness. But building backlinks and getting links from other top blogs is not easy.
People used to write guest posts as a way of getting links from top blogs but most of the authority blogs are now using nofollow links in their author bio’s, which are not at all useful for your SEO. Here’s where you need to think smart, focus on interlinking to your own relevant posts from your guest posts instead of getting links just from the author bio.
You need to definitely start building more backlinks to your blogs in order to increase your sales on Black Friday/Cyber Monday as a blogger or marketer.
Here are few powerful strategies to building quality links for your black Friday deals pages.
- Link out to other bloggers often. This is the most effective list building strategy. No one links out to a random guy. People link to others only when they know you. This is where you need make smart moves.You need to start linking out to other bloggers frequently and let them know via emails that you have linked to their stuff. Sooner or later, if they find your content relevant and helpful, they will start linking back to your stuff.This is how you can build massive links naturally to improve your overall search engine rankings.
- When building links, don’t go fast. Build your links steadily and gradually. That way search crawlers will think other links are pointing to your sites naturally. That’s when you will start noticing great results from your search traffic.
- Use Skyscraper technique. Here’s the beginners guide to Skyscraper technique to use your content to get natural backlinks. In summary, it’s all about finding popular content and making it even better and finally promoting it to the right people to get more shares and links.It’s one of the most effective strategies to quickly build some quality backlinks to even a new blog.
- Ask others to link. Ask your readers to link to your posts instead of leaving comments on them. If they really like your stuff, they will definitely link back to your sites.
- Often times, asking is the simplest way to get what you want!
5. Write in-depth product reviews
It’s even better if you write case studies about the products you use and recommend. For instance, if you want to increase your web hosting sales such as Bluehost or HostGator, it’s a better idea to write an in-depth case study about how Bluehost helped you increase your website loading times instead of writing a generic reviews about Bluehost.
For reference, you can check out how I used Semrush to increase my traffic by 15% in just 30 days post. It’s an in-depth case study that covers almost everything about the benefits of Semrush and how I used that tool to increase my website traffic from search engines. It received a lot of shares, comments and even sales!
By writing case studies, you are not only telling people how the products you used have helped you in getting results but you are also encouraging your blog’s audience to use them. That way you will not only create awareness about the products you promote but you are also increasing your affiliate product sales.
In the season of Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals weekend, publish detailed review of related products. It can be hosting reviews, internet marketing product reviews or anything. You can then, leverage this to get new leads and boost sales.
6. Use landing pages to generate more sales
Landing pages are mostly used by smart affiliate marketers and all top bloggers in every industry. There’s a reason why landing pages always convert better, the reason is, they give less distraction to your audience and they often focus on just one call to action.
If you want to increase your sales on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, you need to make use of the landing pages. Treat them carefully, place the links at the right places and you see lots of conversions.
You can use landing pages to feature your deals and discounts and send your email subscribers or social referral traffic to those pages instead of sending them to a blog post. This way they will face less distraction and perform the desired action of generating more affiliate commissions for you.
Make sure to include your affiliate disclosure to avoid any problems related to affiliate marketing. You can simply put a small note as, “I earn a small commission whenever you buy something from my blog without costing you anything extra”.
7. Use the right tools
Whether you are a new blogger to affiliate marketing or already doing it for a while, you need one thing to increase your sales on Black Friday: “access to the right tools”. I highly recommend you the following tools which I personally use.
- SEMrush: Semrush is an all rounder SEO tool that helps you easily crush your competitors (read my Semrush review). It not only helps you quickly find the backlink opportunities from your competitors but also helps you find profitable keywords for any niche. Click here to try it free for 30 days.
- Long Tail Pro: To increase your search traffic, you need to use a lot of long tail keywords (read review here). Finding long tail keywords is not at all easy unless you have an incredible tool called Long Tail Pro. Try Long tail pro for $1 here
- LeadPages: As I said earlier in the post, email list matters a lot when it comes to increasing your sales on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. To quickly boost your email list, I highly recommend you to try LeadPages. It’s an awesome tool that helps you show popups, exit intent popups etc. So you can build your email list without actually irritating your blog visitors.
8. Create video reviews
YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google. You can leverage YouTube to generate more Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. I made videos on most of the products I use here at my blog on BloggersPassion. You can check out all of them by clicking here, I highly appreciate you to subscribe to my YouTube channel if you want more video tutorials on increasing your sales from your websites.
When doing video reviews, focus only on the benefits of the products you recommend. Also, clearly mention how they can help your target audience. That way you can help your viewers to click on your links that can be mentioned in your video description. Also make sure to properly optimize your video titles, meta description and tags for specific keywords.
The more views you get on your videos, the more people you send to your sales pages, the more people who visit your sales pages the more sales you can make.
Almost every blogger offers the same deals on their blogs, if you want to make more sales during Black Friday or Cyber Monday, you need to give away something extra.
You can quickly boost your sales by giving away freely your paid eBooks, courses or themes (if you have any). By that I mean, if you are already offering paid eBooks or blog consulting services, you can offer them for free in exchange of someone buying your affiliate products.
You can also try to offer free website reviews, SEO optimization, increasing site speed of WordPress blogs etc for free when someone buys stuff from you.
Adding custom services and bonuses can give your site visitors a strong reason that users should buy from your affiliate link than from your competitor’s links.
Recommended Resources helping You Earn More as a Web Hosting Affiliate:
- Top ways to increase sales from web hosting affiliate programs
- How to do SEO for an affiliate website
- How I end up making $16000 plus income from a single web hosting affiliate product
- List of 21 high paying affiliate programs for 2022
- Best web hosting affiliate programs to join for earning huge commission
3 dumbest mistakes to avoid
Here are the common mistakes that can kill your affiliate earnings in this time. So, be careful to ignore them and stay safe and earn more.
- Don’t stuff too many affiliate links. I recommend you to use your affiliate links between 3 to 5 on any given page.
- Don’t promote the products you don’t use. Enough said!
- Don’t write too many product reviews quickly. And don’t make your blog a “website product review writing site”. It’s the fastest way to ruin your blog!
Is affiliate marketing still profitable in 2022?
Yes, online sales have grown around 76% between June 2019 and June 2020. That means you can expect good profits, larger niches, and higher conversions in 2022 and beyond.
When is the Black Friday 2022?
Black Friday 2022 will fall on Friday, 25th November.
Is Black Friday only a one day event?
No, Black Friday is basically a holiday shopping season that starts immediately after Thanksgiving day and usually runs till Cyber Monday.
What is Thanksgiving Day?
Thanksgiving Day is an annual national holiday in the United States and Canada for celebrating the harvest and other blessings of the past year.
When is Cyber Monday 2022?
Cyber Monday 2022 is on Monday, 28th November.
Differentiate Black Friday Sales vs Cyber Monday Sales?
Monday followed by Black Friday is known as Cyber Monday. Apart from the dates, the traditional difference between Black Friday and Cyber Monday is that Black Friday deals can be found online as well as in physical stores on the other hand Cyber Monday discounts are purely online.
How to increase affiliate sales during Black Friday 2022?
Optimizing your special pages, analyzing others Black Friday/Cyber Monday campaigns, leveraging email subscribers, building quality backlinks to outrank competitors, writing in-depth product reviews, using landing pages, right tools, creating video reviews, giving your audience a reason to buy from your affiliate links, are some of the best ways to increase your affiliate sales during upcoming Black Friday sale 2022.
Increasing affiliate marketing sales during Black Friday/Cyber Monday week is not hard if you know how to sell. More importantly, you should “be prepared” for these special day sales well in advance.
Focus on giving some special offers to your blog audience if you want to increase referral sales during the special days. Implement all the strategies mentioned in this guide to boost your Black Friday sales as a blogger.
With these Black Friday affiliate marketing tips, I hope you generate a good revenue.
So what are you waiting for? Start creating special deals pages on your blogs and recommend all the products you love. Let me know if you have any questions or tips in the comments.