Bluehost VPS Review $18.99/Month
Bluehost is officially recommended web host by WordPress and BloggersPassion. Read Bluehost VPS review to know why you should switch to Bluehost VPS, one of best VPS for this year.
If you’re wondering about why should you use VPS hosting, this Bluehost VPS review can help you.
Want to make your WordPress site load faster, better and secure? Yes, we all do! WE all want to have faster loading sites. Here’s where VPS hosting becomes handy.
I know picking the right hosting is hard when you’re just starting out. If you want to build a high performance website, I highly recommend you to go for VPS hosting over shared hosting.
Shared hosting is only good if you’ve a less traffic site. But what if you have a website that gets massive visitors or which hosting is the best if you want to make your site loading time faster even though you get a lot of visitors? The answer is, VPS hosting. That’s why I’m writing this Bluehost VPS review to make things clear.
Table of Contents
- What is VPS hosting?
- Bluehost VPS Review: Is It The BEST Hosting for WordPress?
- 5 Reasons to Use Bluehost VPS Hosting In 2019
- 4 Things to Consider Before Picking A VPS Hosting
- Bluehost VPS Features List for WordPress Users
- The Pricing Of Bluehost VPS
- Pros And Cons of Bluehost VPS Hosting
- Should you upgrade to VPS hosting or dedicated hosting?
- How Reliable is Bluehost VPS Hosting?
- What about the technical support of Bluehost VPS?
- Do we recommend Bluehost VPS hosting?
- FAQs About Bluehost VPS Hosting
What is VPS hosting?
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server, in VPS hosting you’ll get a dedicated server to maintain your website files and data so your site loads faster even if your website is visited by thousands of people at once.
Why should you use VPS hosting for WordPress sites?
If you want extreme performance to increase your website speed rapidly, you should use VPS hosting. If you want more power and run your websites smoothly even if millions of visitors enter your site, you should use VPS hosting. If you want to secure your sites without actually using any additional plugins, you should be using VPS hosting for your websites.
Bluehost VPS Review: Is It The BEST Hosting for WordPress?
VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting offers exclusive features such as reliability, security, flexibility etc. If you want a FASTER loading website, Bluehost VPS should be your first choice. Let’s first talk about Bluehost VPS review and few things to consider while picking a VPS hosting.
5 Reasons to Use Bluehost VPS Hosting In 2019
Are you wondering about why should you go for Bluehost VPS hosting to host your WordPress sites or eCommerce stores in 2019 and beyond? Here are 5 major reasons to consider Bluehost VPS hosting.
1. Incredible website performance
The biggest difference between VPS hosting and shared hosting environment is, you get ultimate website experience in VPS hosting.
Whether you know it or not, if you’re using shared hosting plans from any web host (including Bluehost), there is no guarantee of RAM or CPU usage. Why?
The reason is, shared hosting environment is used by multiple users, which means, there are a ton of people who’ll be sharing the same OS along with RAM and CPU usage. So if your shared hosting environment reaches its limit such as bandwidth, all the websites on that particular servers will face slow loading time issues.
You can get rid of this issue with VPS hosting where you’ll get your own RAM and CPU usage (you’ll get 2 GB dedicated RAM even with the basic plan from Bluehost VPS hosting) and you get a bandwidth of 1 TB even with the basic plan.
Shared hosting also does not provide full root access to the server whereas VPS hosting plans give you full root access. Ultimately, it allows you to perform commands and make configuration changes to your hosting environment however you want.
Above all, the sites hosted on VPS hosting provides “guaranteed resources” (unlike shared hosting environment where you don’t own guaranteed resources such as bandwidth, storage etc).
Have a look at the following illustration to understand the difference.
As you can see above, in VPS hosting environment, the server is split into multiple VPS servers where you get guaranteed resources whereas, in shared hosting, the server is split into multiple shared hosting accounts where there are no guaranteed resources.
That’s why VPS hosting is much beneficial over shared hosting.
2. Instant provisioning
You can raise the bar of your websites with Bluehost VPS instant provisioning.
You can setup and run your websites on their VPS servers within seconds. Whether you know it or not, most VPS hosting solutions take literally hours or days to activate.
Here’s where “instant provisioning” of Bluehost VPS comes into play where Bluehost has designed their VPS servers to provision immediately. That means, once you’ve purchased VPS hosting from Bluehost, you can use your server the moment you need it. It’s as simple as that.
Not only that, you’ll also get full database management access where you can easily organize, edit, and manage databases directly on the server using Bluehost custom designed database manager. So if you’re someone who likes to manage your databases, Bluehost VPS can be a great choice for you!
3. 24/7 access to in-house VPS team
Whether you know it or not, Bluehost VPS shared hosting environment runs on cloud technology to give super fast website loading times. The good thing, Bluehost offers a dedicated in-house customer support team who knows the cloud technology in and out.
You can call them anytime or you can get in touch with their in-house VPS team 24/7 (all around the clock) whenever you need any hosting related assistance. So you’re in safe hands.
4. Superior security
Did you know that, every VPS hosting environment provides you with superior security features?
Whether you know it or not, if you’re using Bluehost VPS, you don’t share the Operating System (OS) with any other users which simply means, you get better security for your website files.
Above all, Bluehost VPS gives you flexible access control where you can easily create passwords that grant access to specific aspects of your VPS hosting account.
To put it simply, you can issue one password for ownership information, 1 more password for server administration and another one master password for everything to manage your hosting account. How cool is that?
5. Root access
One of the best advantages of using Bluehost VPS hosting environment is that it gives you “Root Access”.
For advanced users, Bluehost offers enhanced cPanel control panel where you’ll have full access to CentOS, giving you complete control of your hosting server.
What is Root access anyway and how is it helpful?
Root access means, you’ll get full admin powers to access and modify your hosting servers however you want where “root” is the administrative user that you can use to access and edit all of the files on your server.
That means, you can easily use root to install and uninstall programs on your server using Bluehost VPS root access feature. That being said, only if you’re an advanced user and if you know what you’re doing, you should be using the root access feature. Otherwise, it can damage the whole system configuration and crash all the sites on the servers where they are hosted upon.
4 Things to Consider Before Picking A VPS Hosting
Anyways, before picking a VPS hosting for your WordPress sites, here are few things you always need to consider.
- Cost and money back guarantee: We all are mainly concerned about money before choosing any hosting option. So you should not spend too much on any hosting service that breaks your bank. You should also check out for money back guarantee as almost every hosting company provides it. It’s a better option to choose a hosting that offers anytime money back guarantee.
- Control panel: If you want to easily add and manage your domain names, emails and see your website stats, you can do it only on control panel. So make sure that the VPS hosting provider is offering it to you or not.
- Level of security: Most of the hosting companies provide extra security features including protecting your sites from malware attempts or hackers. So make sure to always check out for some security features if you want to build a secured site.
- Customer support: Always look for the technical support of any VPS hosting you are going to buy. Make sure they have all the communications such as phone, chat, email help etc.
When it comes to VPS hosting, I have only one recommendation i.e Bluehost VPS. Bluehost VPS offers everything mentioned above.
I’m personally a user of Bluehost web hosting and I’ve been using their hosting services for years and I’m never disappointed with them. Bluehost VPS servers are built from the ground up on cloud technology. It increases the power, flexibility and control of your WordPress websites.
Bluehost VPS Features List for WordPress Users
Before diving into the full Bluehost VPS review, let’s talk about their features. Here are few amazing features of using Bluehost VPS for your WordPress websites.
- Can handle up to 100 million visits per month
- Storage is 30 GB
- Backup is 30 GB
- RAM is 2 GB
- You can manage up to 5 sites
- Any time money back guarantee
- 24/7 support (through email, chat and phone)
- Enhanced cPanel to easily manage your sites
- SiteLock CDN to boost your site loading times and many more
All the above features come at an affordable price range of just $18.99 per month if you happen to purchase Bluehost VPS hosting for 36 months in Advance. If you choose a 12 months package, you will have to pay $24.99/month.
Click here to get Bluehost VPS (just $18.99/month)
Common features that you will get in all the 4 plans on Bluehost VPS
- 1 Free Domain for 1 Year
- 1 Dedicated Core CPU
- 2 GB Memory
- 30 GB Disk Space
- 1 TB Bandwidth /mo
- 1IP Address
- Enhanced cPanel
- Access to Root Access
- Setup Time : Instantly and many more that rock your WP sites with Bluehost VPS
The Pricing Of Bluehost VPS
Bluehost VPS offers you the following 3 pricing options.
1. Standard VPS plan: This is the basic VPS hosting plan from Bluehost which costs you $18.99 per month where you’ll get the following features.
- Free SSL
- 2 Cores
- 30 GB SSD Storage
- 2 GB RAM
- 1 TB Bandwidth
- 1 Free domain name
- 1 IP Addresses
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
This plan is especially suitable for beginners and entry-level websites.
2. Enhanced VPS plan: This is the most used VPS hosting plan from Bluehost which costs you $29.99 per month where you’ll get the following features.
- Free SSL
- 2 Cores
- 60 GB SSD Storage
- 4 GB RAM
- 2 TB Bandwidth
- 1 Free domain name
- 2 IP Addresses
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
This plan is suitable for eCommerce sites and small businesses with limited budget.
3. Ultimate VPS plan: This is the most advanced VPS hosting plan from Bluehost which costs you $59.99 per month where you’ll get the following features.
- Free SSL
- 4 Cores
- 120 GB SSD Storage
- 8 GB RAM
- 3 TB Bandwidth
- 1 Free domain name
- 2 IP Addresses
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
This plan is suitable for agencies, eCommerce sites and heavy traffic websites.
So what are you still waiting for?
Click this special link to grab Bluehost VPS (just $18.99/month)
Is there any money back guarantee from Bluehost VPS?
Yes, if you’re not happy with Bluehost VPS services or features, you can get your money back if you ask for a refund within 30 days after signing up. That being said, if you cancel within 30 days and your VPS hosting plan includes a free domain, Bluehost will deduct a domain fee of $15.99 from your refund. You’ll not get any refunds whatsoever after 30 days.
Pros And Cons of Bluehost VPS Hosting
So what are the pros and cons of Bluehost VPS. Let’s talk about them now so you can understand whether it’s a good fit for your business or not.
Pros of using Bluehost VPS hosting
- Free domain name is provided (with all the plans on Bluehost)
- Free SSL certificates (so you can securely switch from http to https version by using SSL certificates)
- The pricing plans are really affordable from Bluehost VPS
- Offers SSD storage (which ultimately improves your website overall page loading times when compared to traditional hard drives)
- 1 TB of bandwidth is given even with the basic VPS hosting plan
- 24/7 in-house expert customer support
Cons of using Bluehost VPS hosting
- There’s no SiteLock security is provided even with the VPS plans on Bluehost (SiteLock is a cloud based security tool that scans your website for malware and vulnerabilities)
- CodeGuard Basic is also not provided as it’s an extra addon from Bluehost where you need to pay extra money (it helps you take daily backups and you can easily restore all your backup files with one click)
Should you upgrade to VPS hosting or dedicated hosting?
This is another important question most people have while choosing hosting for their sites. Here, I’ll explain you so that you can choose accordingly.
A VPS hosting is primarily made by partitioning a single server into multiple virtual instances so that each user will get their own server to run their sites.
In dedicated hosting, the users have access to all the resources available on the server. That means there’s no intervention of any other user on your hosting account. You will get the maximum flexibility and support. But the only problem is dedicated servers cost you a lot when compared to VPS hosting.
So which one among them is right for your site?
If you are an individual blogger or a small business owner, VPS hosting is just for you if you want to have a reliable and faster hosting under the budget.
Dedicated hosting is mostly suitable for high traffic sites. So you need to first determine your blog needs in details and also figure out your hosting budget so can easily decide which hosting to go for.
All in all VPS hosting is a cost effective substitute for shared hosting as well as dedicated server. It offers both speed and reliability to your sites within the budget.
How Reliable is Bluehost VPS Hosting?
As you may be aware of it or not, Bluehost is in the hosting business for a long time, they started hosting services since 1996 and now have millions of users using their services to manage their sites.
Bluehost VPS has fully managed service. That means you don’t need to manage configurations at server side by yourself. Even if you’re a non-tech savvy, you don’t have to fret. Bluehost itself takes care of all the client side configurations to make your sites load faster, secure and easy to maintain.
Bluehost also has 3 state of the art data centres in Provo and Utah that are equipped with top notch servers. This gives your sites a better loading performance and 100% uptime guarantee!
Bluehost uses cloud technology, all of these services are also provide automated migration. It means, your existing accounts can easily upgradable to VPS or dedicated servers without any delay.
Here are few more incredible benefits of using a virtual private server for your WordPress sites.
- Full root access
- Enhanced performance
- Better security
- Lucrative mechanism
- Fully guaranteed resources
- No extra maintenance
- Unlimited domain hosting
- Server monitoring and many more
So what are you waiting for?
Click here to get a Bluehost VPS for your WordPress sites.
What about the technical support of Bluehost VPS?
Bluehost VPS team is highly experienced and customer friendly. If your website faces any issue, their customer team solves your issues quickly. They also have 24X7 technical support via live chat, phone and email.
Here are few more excellent features that come along with Bluehost VPS:
- Bluehost VPS is built on cloud technology that allows Bluehost to offer great hosting features than a dedicated server that is being hosted traditionally.
- Bluehost VPS gives you root access. That means you will get an enhanced cPanel access also complete control over your web servers.
- Bluehost VPS uses KVM hypervisors, this provides you guaranteed server resources and 100% uptime no matter if thousands of visitors land on your site at once.
You may ask, do I really need a Bluehost VPS to run my blog by reading this Bluehost VPS review post. See, if you want to give your readers a better site experience, then my answer is yes. So what are you waiting for?
Click this special link to buy Bluehost VPS (just $18.99/month)
Do we recommend Bluehost VPS hosting?
Yes and no.
Yes, Bluehost VPS is the right hosting choice if you want VPS hosting at an affordable price tag but there also some other alternatives to it.
For instance, there are options like WPX hosting that offers excellent features and speed and they are becoming one of the top contenders for Bluehost. But they are expensive when compared to Bluehost.
What I want to say from this Bluehost VPS review is that, it all comes down to your budget and website needs.
FAQs About Bluehost VPS Hosting
Here are few important questions you need to know about Bluehost VPS in 2019.
1. What are the benefits of using VPS hosting?
VPS hosting can be considered as a great hosting option between shared hosting and dedicated hosting. Why? Shared hosting doesn’t allow you a lot of resources, CPU usage and flexible security options whereas dedicated hosting gives you superior hosting options but it is more expensive.
Here’s where VPS hosting comes into play which offers you excellent resources, CPU usage along with better security options and it’s also affordable (and not as much expensive as dedicated hosting).
Just to give you an idea, Bluehost dedicated hosting plans start at $79.99 per month whereas VPS hosting start at just $18.99 per month. So there’s a HUGE pricing difference between the two.
Above all, VPS hosting gives you more control over your virtual server than you do with shared hosting. With Bluehost VPS, you will have root access where you can also use scripts that may not be allowed in shared hosting.
2. What’s the difference between cloud hosting vs VPS hosting?
In cloud hosting, if a physical server fails, you’ll have an option of migrating cloud servers into another physical server without interrupting your current session (so there’s no data loss or traffic loss) whereas VPS hosting doesn’t offer it as all the data is located at physical servers.
Cloud hosting is an Infrastructure as a Service known as IaaS cloud delivery model which provides a network of virtual services to store and manage your website’s data whereas VPS hosting is technically both shared hosting and dedicated hosting, which means, you get faster and better resources at affordable prices.
3. What are the other alternatives to Bluehost VPS hosting?
If you’re searching for the best VPS hosting sites, here’s a list of hosting companies that offer you VPS hosting plans at affordable prices.
- GoDaddy web hosting
- 1&1 web hosting
- InMotion web hosting
- Dreamhost web hosting
- HostWinds web hosting
- Liquid web hosting
- SiteGround hosting
- Just Host
4. What are the important things to consider while choosing VPS hosting from a web host?
Are you wondering what are things that you need to consider while choosing VPS hosting? Here are few of the most important factors you need to take into consideration while picking VPS hosting from any host.
- Price (as it matters a lot)
- The average customer ratings (you can simply Google for real feedback from the users who are already using the host)
- Speed (enough said!)
5. When should you switch to VPS hosting?
Most people don’t know when to switch to VPS hosting and if you’re also one among them, who is using a cheaper hosting environment like shared hosting, let us explain you when to migrate to VPS hosting.
Here are few instances when you should highly consider moving to VPS hosting.
- When your site is growing in terms of traffic and average income
- When you need more speed
- When you need more CPU resources
- When you need access to root servers
- When you need a dedicated IP address to brand your website worldwide
- And when you need to manage hosting for multiple sub users who are using the same servers
Recommended Web Hosting Resources:
- Which Bluehost hosting plan is best for you in 2019?
- Bluehost coupon: Get 66% Off on Hosting and a Free domain now
- How to start a blog on Bluehost in 2019?
- Why should you use Bluehost for hosting your business website?
- WPengine vs Bluehost: which host to pick in 2019?
Final thoughts About Bluehost VPS Review
Bluehost VPS gives you your own resources allotment so that it permits you to take pleasure from faster loading times. And the best part is only you need to administer your blog, everything else will be taken care by Bluehost VPS systems so you don’t have to worry much about maintenance.
Fortunately, Bluehost VPS has all the things most WordPress are looking for. It offers excellent features and comes at an affordable price tag. It also has top notch customer support, provides great reliability to its customers. It also comes with anytime money back guarantee that no other hosting company provides!
Let me know your thoughts about this Bluehost VPS review. Would you go for it or do you have any other recommendations?