Long Tail Pro Review: Is It Still The Most Effective Keyword Research Tool In 2019?
Are you looking for the PERFECT tool to find keywords that increase your search traffic and sales? If yes, you are in the right place. In this most comprehensive Long Tail Pro review post, I’m going to talk about the most incredible keyword research tool called “Long Tail Pro”.
How many of you are not happy with your current website traffic? I have asked this questions to many bloggers, and most of them said “I need more targeted traffic“.
As you can see, targeted traffic is different (and better) than driving useless traffic. You have to bring quality traffic if you want more sales from your websites or online businesses.
The overlooked fact about keyword research
Most people think keyword research is the key and yes it is but the truth is that most think using any keywords can help. Stop using any keywords especially the short tail keywords. Focus on long tail keywords and it will help you
- boost your search engine traffic (even if you have a new blog)
- help you rank for more keywords (without writing additional content)
- quickly find profitable niche ideas and a lot more
Whether you are looking to build a niche website or an authority website, you need to find long tail keywords to attract more search engine traffic to your site.
Table of Contents
- The importance of using long tail keywords
- Long Tail Pro Review 2019: Step by step tutorial, Features, Pros & Cons And Pricing
- 3 Steps to Use Long Tail Pro Tool for Long Tail Keyword Research
- Few incredible features of Long Tail Pro tool
- How long tail pro 3.0 is different from its competition
The importance of using long tail keywords
If you’re new to SEO, you should know one thing for sure: keyword research is the first step to getting more traffic from search engines like Google.
When it comes to keyword research, long tail keywords matter a lot. A long tail keyword usually contains 3 or more keywords. For ex: “best travel affiliate programs” is a 4 word long tail keyword
If you’re curious to know about why should you find and target long tail keywords, here are some of the benefits of using them.
- Long tail keywords despite having less search traffic on their own, when added together represent 70% of the entire volume of searches done on the web including Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.
- Long tail keywords are often easier to rank for
- They usually have less keyword difficulty so even a new website can get first page rankings with proper keyword targeting, off page SEO and on page optimization
As you can see from the above image, you can easily understand the importance of long tail keywords over short tail keywords (where you get more conversion rates).
Enough said about the importance of long tail keywords. Let’s now get into the details of Long Tail Pro review and also talk about how you can use Long Tail Pro to find low competitive and highly profitable keywords in any niche.
Long Tail Pro Review 2019: Step by step tutorial, Features, Pros & Cons And Pricing
3 Steps to Use Long Tail Pro Tool for Long Tail Keyword Research
Let’s first get started with a simple tutorial on how you can find long tail keywords with ease using Long Tail Pro (also referred as LTP) keyword research tool.
Here’s a simple 3 step tutorial on how you can use to Long Tail Pro desktop tool for finding better long tail keywords even if you’re a beginner.
Step 1: Once you install the Long Tail Pro after signing up (you can get a Long tail pro 7 days free trial by using this link).
Now, you need to create a project in order to perform long tail keyword research. Give any name of your choice to your project and select the country where your target audience are along with the language and preferred search engines like Google. It looks something like this;
Step 2: Upon creating your project, LTP asks you to enter your seed keywords where you can enter any keywords of your choices where you want to get more long tail keyword ideas.
Here’s how it looks like;
As you can see from the above image, you can also enter local search volume (we entered 1000 as max).
If you look at the above screenshot, you’ll also notice that our seed keyword is “how to play drums”.
Once you click on the Generate keywords button at the end, the tool will start generating keyword ideas for your seed keyword.
Step 3: Generating more long tail keywords for your seed keyword
Now, the final part is, once you click on the Generate keywords button (which is shown above), it will take some time to fetch all the data to provide you long tail keyword ideas around your seed keyword.
Here’s how it looks like (from LTP keyword research data for our seed keyword).
As you can see above, LTP is showing us several keyword metrics for our seed keyword which are listed below;
- Suggested bid
- Local searches for the seed keyword
- Advertiser competition
- Average keyword competitiveness (KC)
We’ll discuss about the above search metrics provided by LTP later in the same Long Tail Pro. So that’s how you can pick long tail keywords using Long Tail Pro tool.
Pro tip: Make sure to find long tail keywords with a monthly search volume below 1000 searches so you will have more chances of getting higher rankings on Google no matter what industry you are in.
Once you find your primary and secondary keywords, make sure to use them on
- Meta description
- Beginning of the content
- Sub headings
- End of the post
- Image alt tags
The above practice can increase your search visibility for the selected keywords and boost your overall search traffic without actually keyword stuffing.
Few incredible features of Long Tail Pro tool
Let’s use this detailed Long Tail Pro review to first talk about the features so you can easily decide whether it’s worth giving a try or not. Here’s a list of some of the great features of using Long Tail Pro keyword research tool.
- Find thousands of long tail keywords no matter what industry you are in
- Find broad, phrase or exact keyword matches with ease
- Find keyword metrics such as search volume, difficulty etc
- Easily get access to competition information where you can see how many of the top 10 ranked sites on search engines like Google are including the keywords in their titles
- Check keyword positions
- Get access to Rank Checker Module which lets you enter your own website’s URL and the keywords you are trying to rank for (where you can get more data such as position tracking, search volume and so on)
Let’s now talk about some of the incredible features of some of Long Tail Pro keyword research tool in detail so you can get better understanding about what it truly offers.
Built-in Keyword Competitiveness (KC) metric to easily find keywords
Long Tail Pro gives you access to unique feature called Keyword Competitiveness (KC) metric which is really helpful in finding long tail keywords with less keyword difficulty.
0-100 score is given to each of the keyword provided by LTP, 0 being the easiest to rank for a keyword and 100 being the hardest to rank for.
The best thing about Long Tail Pro software is that it uses an exclusive proprietary algorithm which gets updated frequently to give you fresh data about your keywords ranging from KC to competition to monthly search volume for the keywords you’re trying to rank for.
KC can also be considered as an easy metric which helps you find out what to target. Here’s how it looks like;
Make sure to take KC into consideration while picking keywords to find out how easy or difficult it is to rank for a keyword (anything below KC 40 can be easier to rank for).
Just in case if you’re curious to find more about KC provided by Long Tail Pro, here’s something you should know. Here is what the KC scores on Long Tail Pro mean:
- Keywords with a KC of 0 to 10 – No competition
- Keywords with a KC of 10 to 20 – Extremely low competition
- Keywords with a KC of 20 to 30 – Low competition
- Keywords with a KC of 30 to 40 – Moderate competition
- Keywords with a KC of 40 to 50 – Somewhat high competition
- Keywords with a KC of 50 to 60 – Very high competition
- Keywords with a KC of 60 to 70 – Extremely high competition
- Keywords with a KC of 70 to 100 – Don’t even think about it (unless you’ve a HUGE budget, authority site and so on)
Competition analysis with detailed search metrics
Here’s a list of all the metrics you can keep an eye on while performing competitor analysis with this tool.
- Domain KC
- Trust Flow
- Citation Flow
- Domain TF
- External backlinks
- Page Ref domains
- Root Ref domains
- Indexed URLs
- Internal links
- Site Age
Let’s talk about each one of them briefly so you’ll get an idea about what these metrics are all about and how they can be useful when doing competitor analysis in your industry.
KC: KC is known Keyword Competitiveness which considered as a proprietary average competitiveness score for each keyword. It ranges from 0-100 and gives you an estimation of how easy or hard it is to rank for a keyword (100 being the hardest and 0 being the easiest to rank for).
If you’re wondering about how KC of a keyword is calculated, here’s what LTP explains more about it.
KC = Page Authority (PA) +/- Page Title Factor +/- Keywords in Domain Factor +/- Domain Length
Domain KC: Competitiveness of any domain for a specific keyword
Trust Flow: This is to measure the quality of the links that point to a URL (which is also known as TF)
Citation Flow: You can easily evaluate the level of influence of a website on the basis of the quantum of links that point to it with this feature (which is also known as CF)
Domain TF: This is to measure the quality of the links that point to a domain
External backlinks: How many sites are actually linking to a URL (the external links pointing to a site play a big role in getting higher rankings for any keyword)
Page Ref domains: How many domains are actually linking to a particular page
Root Ref domains: A referring domain is where your website’s backlinks are coming from, and backlinks are the links on the websites that link back to your site.
Indexed URLs: How many URLs are actually indexed for a website on search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and so on
Internal links: How many internal links are provided in a particular page or URL (internal links actually helps for deep linking, better crawling and better search visibility for linked content)
Site Age: The website’s age and how old a domain is
Apart from the above metrics, here are 3 useful metrics for finding and managing long tail keywords using LTP which are listed below.
- Sort and
- Export results
You can easily make use of your filters according to Competition, Volume, Bid Amount, Word Count, Keyword competitiveness and Rank Value to easily find a ton of profitable long tail keyword ideas.
You can also export keywords with ease where you can export you keyword suggestion list to a .CSV file to easily align them together on a spreadsheet.
You’ll also get access to features such as Bulk Actions, Average Keyword Competitiveness and so on which will actually help you work on various projects simultaneously.
The introduction of Long Tail Pro Cloud
Long Tail Pro software previously had a biggest drawback: it had a “desktop only” version where you had to download the software, install it on your computer to use it. The biggest drawback of desktop only version is that it takes a lot of time to fetch keyword data.
To overcome this issue, Long Tail Pro introduced a cloud version where you can simply login to their app to start using it.
Here are some of the benefits that you get with Long Tail Pro cloud app;
- Personal Domain Analysis (which helps you get insights on your own domain keyword analysis where you can easily find hundreds of extra keywords that you can actually rank for)
- Rank Value (which helps you easily estimate how much money you can approximately make if you are able to rank your website in the #1 spot for a given keyword on search engines like Google which is extremely useful if you’re running an eCommerce store or niche website etc)
- Rank tracker to easily track all of your keyword rankings on search engines and make any necessary changes to improve your rankings
- Exact search volume (LTP is tied up with few services like Moz, Majestic etc to give you accurate and exact search volume data for the keywords you are targeting)
- Extremely super fast (as you can fetch keyword data really faster in the cloud version when compared to the desktop only version of LTP)
Here’s a video by LTP where you can learn more about Long Tail Pro Cloud feature and its rank value.
How long tail pro 3.0 is different from its competition
If you are blogging for a while, you might already know a lot of keyword research tools like SEMrush, Word Stream, Moz, Market Samurai etc. So what makes Long Tail Pro different from the competition.
Long Tail Pro is used by the world’s top marketers like Pat Flynn, Marcus Sheridan etc to find hot, profitable niches that can be dominated quickly. If you are looking for proven ways to find profitable niches in any industry, this is the tool you need.
Market Samurai is long tail pro tool’s main rival for finding the buyer keywords in any niche. Market Samurai is also a great keyword research tool and is used by thousands of professional bloggers from the blogosphere.
But I need to tell you something important, finding keywords using Market Samurai takes a lot of time (it’s a time consuming process to return your keywords). Whereas long tail pro tool gives you keywords very fast, faster than Market Samurai tool. So if you don’t want to spend more time on finding keywords, I suggest you to choose long tail pro over Market Samurai as it’s too cumbersome to use properly.
To put it simply, Long Tail Pro comes at an affordable price ($37/month) and gives you keyword ideas within seconds unlike any other keyword research tool. More importantly, most of the keyword research tools like Moz, SEMrush are really costly and you need to pay them every single month. The pricing is another major thing that gives an edge to Long Tail Pro.
Why use long tail keywords to increase your sales?
Why is it so hard to get targeted traffic?
Most bloggers publish their posts without doing any proper keyword research. Either they are not aware of keyword research importance or simply practice it wrong.
It doesn’t matter whether you are writing for humans or robots, you need to pick the right keywords in your articles to drive target audience to your sites. Without proper keyword usage, your efforts in creating contents go in vain.
Keyword selection is perhaps the only key in getting massive traffic from the search engines. When it comes to keyword selection, most SEO beginners simply can’t understand how to search and use better keywords for their topics to get more traffic.
What’s the solution?
Even I struggled to get targeted traffic to my websites, and I’ve used a lot of keyword research tools but none of them worked well for me except long tail pro. Long tail pro tool has helped me not only get targeted audience to my site, but it has increase my overall leads and sales. That’s the reason why I thought of sharing my views on long tail pro keyword research tool with you all today in this most unbiased long tail pro review post.
The people who are searching web to buy what they want, they generally use longer and more specific keywords. It means, people use long tail keywords when they want to quickly buy something. These people generally come from search engine by typing the keywords on their desired problems or products.
If you use long tail keywords on your products (while writing detailed reviews), they will find you easily. If they find you from search engines, they will more likely to buy from you. This is the main reason why you need to think of using long tail keywords on your website pages.
Long tail keywords
- increases your sales
- increases your website traffic
- gives you more leads from search engines
Long tail pro tool is useful not only for finding your buyer keywords, it also helps you in finding
- global search volume
- Exact Match Domain Availability
- Google and Bing Title competition
- exact or broad
- Average CPC
- Local searches and advertiser competition
In short, if you start using long tail keywords in your content, within a month or two, you will start noticing huge traffic spike on your sites.
Recommend Reading: Use these simple strategies for finding long tail keywords for your website
Who Is Long Tail Pro Tool Best Suitable For?
Let’s now use this Long Tail Pro review to find out more. If you’re still wondering about who is Long Tail Pro keyword research tool best suited for, here are few people that include;
Affiliate marketers: Whether you’re an Amazon FBA associate or using eBay affiliate marketing network to find and promote the right products, you can use LTP to easily find a wide range of potential products based your target keywords.
Niche website creators: Spencer Haws who is the creator of this tool himself is a niche website creator who used this tool to launch niche websites that are earning $3000 to over $10000 in affiliate commission each month. If you’re looking to find a profitable niche, this is an essential tool.
Bloggers and writers: No matter what industry you are in (ranging from real estate to fitness to marketing), if you’re running a blog or website, you need to perform keyword research in order to bring more organic traffic to your sites.
If you’re thinking about writing eBooks, kindle publishing etc then also you need LTP for finding better keywords that people are actually looking for on Google.
SEOs: If you’re an SEO expert or in-house SEO or running an SEO agency, you’ll crave only for one thing which is more search engine traffic. You probably should know the importance of using long tail keywords. With the kind of features LTP offers, it makes a good deal for SEOs.
Long Tail Pro Free Trial 2019
Are you still not sure whether Long Tail Pro is right for you or not? If you’d like to give a try LTP before deciding to purchase any of their payment plans, you can use the below link to start your a free 7 day trial.
At the end of those 7 days free trial period, you can easily decide whether the tool is right for you or not. If you’re not happy with its features or service, you can simply cancel your account or buy any of their plans if you’re happy.
Even after the purchase, if you’re not completely satisfied, you can still ask for a full refund of your money within 10 days after purchase. That means there’s literally nothing for you to lose. So why not give it a try?
Pros And Cons of Long Tail Pro Tool
This Long Tail Pro review will be incomplete if we don’t cover about the pros and cons of it.
Pros of Long Tail Pro
Here’s a list of some of the pros of using Long Tail Pro:
- Shows you highly related long tail keywords with keyword difficulty
- Customer support is available through live chat and ticketing system
- With the introduction of Long Tail Pro cloud, you can get 10 times faster results on keywords you select
- Majestic SEO data integration
- Long Tail Pro provides you real time filtering options to pick better long tail keywords of your choice
- Extremely easy to use and there are also a ton of videos and tutorials online that help you how to use Long Tail Pro for long tail keyword research
- Easily track your keyword rankings on search engines like Google
- FREE access to Long Tail University which is worth $397 in value
- Offers you a 7 day trial to the tool completely for free
- You can easily analyse the top 10 ranked sites for any given keywords and get access to comprehensive data that includes page authority, age of the site, page rank, number of backlinks and more.
- You can use Rank Value feature to easily determine any keyword’s profitability (CPC)
- Offers you a 10 day money back guarantee
- Analyse the competition of any keyword with the feature KC (Keyword Competitiveness)
Cons of Long Tail Pro
Here’s a list of some of the pros of using Long Tail Pro:
- The customer support is definitely not on par (no phone support, super fast customer support response and so on)
- Pricing is bit on expensive side (when compared to other tools with similar features)
Pricing plans of Long Tail Pro
Let’s use this Long Tail Pro review to talk about the pricing. Long Tail Pro is currently offering 3 various pricing plans which are listed below.
- Long Tail Pro tool Annual Starter plan
- Long Tail Pro tool Annual Pro plan
- Long Tail Pro tool Annual Agency plan
Are you wondering about which plan best suits you? Let’s talk about each one of these pricing plans in this Long Tail Pro review along with pricing and limitations, so you can easily decide the right plan.
1. Long Tail Pro tool Annual Starter plan: This is the basic plan from Long Tail Pro that costs you $25 per month ($297 billed annually) which is suitable for the beginners who want to get access to an effective long tail keyword research tool like Long Tail Pro.
Here are the features list and account limitations of this Long Tail Pro tool Annual Starter plan.
- Keyword lookups per 24 hours: 1000
- KC calculations per 24 hours: 1000
- SERP lookups per 24 hours: 1000
- Tracked Keywords: 30
- Tracked Domains: Unlimited
- Keyword Rank Updates: Daily
- Accounts included: 1
- Access to Long Tail University: Included
Long Tail Pro also offers monthly pricing option for this plan where it costs you $37 per month with the above mentioned limitations (instead of $25 per month, when billed annually).
2. Long Tail Pro tool Annual Pro plan: This is the intermediate plan from Long Tail Pro that costs you $45 per month ($537 billed annually) which is mostly suitable for bloggers and SEO enthusiasts who are looking to get more limitations from the tool.
Here are some of the features and account limitations of this Long Tail Pro tool Annual Pro plan.
- Keyword lookups per 24 hours: 2500
- KC calculations per 24 hours: 2500
- SERP lookups per 24 hours: 2500
- Tracked Keywords: 200
- Tracked Domains: Unlimited
- Keyword Rank Updates: Daily
- Accounts included: 2 (so 2 users can use the tool simultaneously)
- Access to Long Tail University: Included
Long Tail Pro also offers monthly pricing option for this plan where it costs you $67 per month with the above mentioned limitations (instead of $45 per month, when billed annually).
3. Long Tail Pro tool Annual Agency plan: This is the most advanced plan from Long Tail Pro that costs you $98 per month ($1177 billed annually) which is suitable for agencies and teams where you can give access up to 5 people with more keyword limitations per day.
Here’s the features list and account limitations of this Long Tail Pro tool Annual Agency plan.
- Keyword lookups per 24 hours: 6000
- KC calculations per 24 hours: 6000
- SERP lookups per 24 hours: 6000
- Tracked Keywords: 1000
- Tracked Domains: Unlimited
- Keyword Rank Updates: Daily
- Accounts included: 5 (which means up to 5 users can use the tool simultaneously)
- Access to Long Tail University: Included
Long Tail Pro also offers monthly pricing option for this plan where it costs you $147 per month with the above mentioned limitations (instead of $98 per month, when billed annually).
Here’s the pricing chart of LTP.
So what are you waiting for?
Pick the right plan that suits your budget and website needs by looking at the above features. If you’re looking for the Long Tail Pro 7 days free trial, you can visit the exclusive link given below.
If you’re loving this Long Tail Pro review, make sure to give it a try.
FAQs About Long Tail Pro Review
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about long tail keywords and Long Tail Pro tool. Read them so you can get a better idea and understanding about the tool and long tail keywords before giving a try to the tool.
1. Can I get Long Tail Pro for free?
Yes and no. Yes because Long Tail Pro offers you a “Long Tail Pro 7 days free trial” where you can grab it free for a week. No because Long Tail Pro is a paid keyword research tool where you’ll to pay either monthly or annually in order to keep on using it for finding better and profitable long tail keywords.
2. What’s the difference between Long Tail Pro Desktop Vs Long Tail Pro Cloud?
I’ve been using Long Tail Pro for several years now and it had a desktop only version where you need to install the software and connect your Google Analytics account for effective keyword research. This desktop only version software is usually slow and takes way more time to load the keyword metrics and data.
To overcome this issue and to provide better service to the users, Long Tail Pro came out with the cloud version where you don’t have to install any software as you can simply login to LTP account using your email login details and start using it. The cloud version is much faster, easy to use and convenient.
The best part is the speed instead of having to click and wait hours for bulk KC calculations, you will now automatically get KC (Keyword competition) results for your keywords in 30-60 seconds using the cloud version of LTP.
3. What is “Long Tail University”? How can I get access to Long Tail University?
Long Tail University costs you $197 which is a one time payment and it’s completely free if you’re already paying for Long Tail Pro keyword research tool.
Long Tail University also offers a 60 days refund that means, for whatever reason during the first 60 days after buying it, if you are not 100% satisfied with Long Tail University, you can immediately ask for a refund and you’ll get your full money back.
4. Can I install Long Tail Pro software on multiple computers? If yes, how many computers can I install Long Tail Pro on?
With every purchase of Long Tail Pro software, it gives you access up to 3 devices. That means, you can easily install the Long Tail Pro software on up to 3 computers.
If you’re using cloud version, you can get access to all your projects from any device, anytime anywhere. You simply need access to your LTP account login details and you can literally login from any device to perform long tail keyword research.
5. What if I need any assistance with the Long Tail Pro keyword research tool?
Immediately after you sign up to LTP, you get access to Long Tail Pro Knowledge Base where you can find all the videos, tutorials and articles related to Long Tail Pro on how to use it effectively.
Apart from that, you can contact their support team in two ways: one is through email and the other is through in-app chat where you can message their team directly from within the app.
All in all, Long Tail Pro makes keyword research incredibly easy. It’s so much easier to use even for beginners. If you’re looking for an effective keyword research tool to find thousands of long tail keywords, give a try to Long tail pro 7 days free trial, use it for some time before buying it.
Few more features that make Long Tail Pro keyword research tool awesome
Are you still not convinced? Here are 3 amazing features that make Long Tail Pro the best keyword research tool.
1. Finding long tail keywords is extremely easy with Long Tail Pro
If you are doing keyword research for some time, you already know the pain. We all know how hard it is to find good long tail keywords. It takes days if not hours to find the right keywords. But with Long Tail Pro, it’s pretty much easy as it also gives you the keyword competency (KC) for every keyword you type. This way you can easily figure out whether or not to use a particular keyword in your content creation strategy. Here’s how you can add seed keywords.
2. It works for any niche
Are you writing contents on Fitness blog? Or running a marketing blog? Dog training blog? It doesn’t matter what niche you are in, you can find profitable long tail keywords in almost every single niche using this tool.
The best part is that, you can also find the average CPC (Cost Per Click), local searches and advertiser competition along with the long tail keywords. How good is that when finding keywords? That’s the reason why most people have started using this to boost their organic traffic. Learning about this tool takes less than 30 minutes and you will never ever have to worry about keyword research any more.
3. Find unlimited opportunities
Are you looking for proven ways to find and build successful niche sites?
Focus on building profitable niche websites. You can use Long Tail Pro to find unlimited niche site ideas to grow your income revenues. You can use the long tail pro data to find the competition of any particular niche idea before jumping into it. Most people fail to build profitable niche sites is just because they don’t analyze their competition. If you dive into a broad topic, the chances of getting high search results are less. So use this tool to get niche ideas that are of less competition.
Long tail pro review – awesome tool to find your competitors “golden keywords”
Want to analyze your competition? Want to know which keywords your competition is using to drive more search engine traffic? Search no where else. Long tail pro tool will help you do that.
The competitor analysis tool will find the top 10 pages ranking for your keyword and it will generate some statistics about the page like, page authority, page links, juice page links, domain authority, Moz Rank, page rank, websites age and much more.
If you are searching for a Long Tail Pro discount, click this special link and it can help you save more!
Browse more SEO Tools:
- Unbiased SEMrush Review with 14 days free trial
- SEMrush vs Ahrefs: Which is best Tool?
- Moz vs SEMrush: Comparison of best seo tools
- SEMrush vs LongTailPro: Comparison of best keyword research tools
- Top Moz Alternatives You can try in 2019
Final Thoughts about Long Tail Pro Review 2019
Long Tail Pro tool helps you easily find really profitable yet low competitive long tail keywords where you can easily perform competitor analyses and keep an eye on your keyword rankings in the process.
This is the most advanced keyword research tool to help you find long tail keywords to easily rank in the top 10 results. You can also find your competition level. Always think like a customer when entering keywords using long tail pro tool, you will get awesome (buyer) keywords if you think like your customer. Also note that, you need to work hard to create really awesome content, then only long tail keywords help you get all the desired traffic you need.
So what are your thoughts about Long Tail Pro review? Did you like it and if you’ve any questions, do let us know in the comments.