Do you want to analyse traffic of a website?
Estimating traffic of any domain or website in the world is not rocket science as there are a ton of tools out there that help you find out the traffic of a domain but majority of them don’t provide you accurate or insightful data.
Here’s where Semrush Traffic Analytics tool comes into play.
Table of Contents
What is Semrush Traffic Analytics?
Think Semrush Traffic Analytics as Google Analytics with a twist. You can easily get SEO traffic report using it. Google Analytics provides only your website’s data whereas Traffic Analytics from Semrush can provide your competitor website’s data.
When we compare, Semrush Traffic Analytics with Google Analytics, you can’t get into another site’s statistics such as traffic reports, top performing pages and so on with Google Analytics whereas the latter offers them all.
This tool is broken down into 5 subreports which are listed below:
- Traffic Overview
- Traffic Sources
- Geographic Distribution
- Destination Sites
We’ll talk more about these 5 subreports in detail so you can understand the importance of getting this add-on for Semrush paid subscriptions.
Here are the features of Traffic Analytics tool from Semrush.
- You can easily estimate (accurately most of the time) total amount of traffic to any domain along with its subdomains
- You can find out important traffic data like number of visits, unique visitors, pages per visit, average visit duration, bounce rate data and so on
- Traffic sources including social media, search engines, paid traffic, direct traffic and so on so you can easily find out what are the traffic sources that a website is getting mostly from
- Geolocation based web traffic analysis to provide you a list of all the countries that are sending traffic to a particular domain or website
- You can also find out all the destination sites that people visit directly through hyperlinks on a particular website or domain
- Offers you historical data back to April 2016
- It also provides you both mobile and desktop traffic (so you can accurately estimate the traffic of any site)
- Audiences’ overlaps feature is also provided which helps you easily find out all the strengths and weaknesses of your domain when compared to your competitor websites
- Using this tool, you can compare up to 5 domains to find new opportunities to grow your traffic and business online
So what are you waiting for? Use the following link to grab this amazing Website Traffic Analytics tool.
Click on this exclusive link to grab your 14 days free trial TODAY!
The above deal is worth over $300 because you’ll be getting Semrush Pro account (worth $119.95) and Traffic Analytics feature ($200) for 14 days. Here’s how it looks like:
Traffic Analytics Tool from Semrush: Everything You Need to Know
Let’s now talk about how you can use Traffic Analytics tool from Semrush (along with an exclusive free trial of 14 days). Then, we’ll cover all the features and benefits that you get with it.
Step 1: Click on this exclusive link to grab your 14 days free trial of the tool which is worth $319.95.
Once you click on the above link, you’ll be redirected to an exclusive offer page which looks something like this:
As you can see above, you’ll be getting an exclusive deal of PRO account along with Traffic Analytics from Semrush SEO tool.
You just need to register for a free account by entering your email along with a password of your choice.
Step 2: Once you’ve signed up for their account, you can login and click on “Traffic Analytics” under “Competitive Research” section on Semrush dashboard. Here’s how it looks like:
Step 3: Once you’re on the tool, you can enter any domain of your choice (including your competitor’s domain) to estimate their traffic reports.
As you can see above, immediately after entering any domain, it starts showing all the useful traffic data for that particular domain including;
- Monthly visits
- Unique visitors
- Pages per visit
- Average visit duration
- Bounce rate
As you can see above, all the above traffic metrics can be mostly found in Google Analytics. But you’re getting all that useful and vital information even from your competitor websites. That’s the beauty of using this add-on from Semrush.
5 Subreports of Traffic Analytics Tool from Semrush Explained
Let’s now talk about the 5 subreports that you can get with this tool including the screenshots so you can understand even better.
- Traffic Overview
- Traffic Sources
- Geographic Distribution
- Destination Sites
1. Traffic overview
As the name suggests, this report gives you an overview of any domain including your competitors. Just enter any domain and it will instantly show you the traffic metrics shown below.
As you can see above, this website traffic report (which can also be treated as domain traffic report) gives you an overview of the traffic of a domain or website including;
- Visits (along with unique visitors)
- Pages per visit (along with average visit duration)
- Bounce rate
If you see above, you can also enter up to 3 competitors domain to benchmark your website against your competitors. It gives you a ton of ideas along with traffic sources, top performing pages and so on which are all useful for increasing your online business along with website traffic.
2. Traffic Sources
Here’s how the traffic sources report looks like (for Search Engine Land site).
As you can see above, you can easily find out the traffic sources for our example website “Search Engine Land” where you can find all the sources including;
- Direct traffic (people who are visiting a site directly from their browsers)
- Referral traffic (traffic to a domain from another domain or website)
- Search traffic (traffic to a domain directly from a search engine such as Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo and so on)
- Social traffic (traffic to a domain from links on social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, YouTube and so on)
- Paid traffic (traffic to a domain from paid advertisements on Google Ads)
With the above information, you can easily find out the SEO strategy of your competitors. You can easily analyse whether they are relying on paid ads or social media or search traffic to generate more leads, traffic and sales to their sites.
Not only that, you can also compare your competitors domain (or your own domain) with 4 other competitors sites. It can easily give you a ton of useful insights into areas of your website where are trying to improve.
3. Geographic Distribution
Do you want to know from which countries your competitors are getting traffic from? You can use geographic distribution report to easily find out that.
Let’s have a look at the global traffic distribution report from the tool.
As you can see above, Search Engine Land website gets traffic from over 96 countries each sorted out nicely with the country traffic percentage. With this geo distribution report from Semrush, you can easily identify a ton of things including;
- countries and regions where a website gets most of its visitors
- analyze the total traffic and traffic share % from each country
- analyze the traffic coming from various sources including desktop and mobile
- compare each country’s visitors behavior (such as pages per visit, average visit duration, bounce rate and so on)
- currently this tool can analyze traffic in 190 countries and regions (that’s a lot of data, right?)
With this report, you can easily find out a list of all the new countries or regions that you could target to get more leads, sales and customers to your business.
So are you curious to give it a try? Use the following link to get started with it.
Click on this SPECIAL link to grab your 14 days free trial of the tool (worth $319.95)
4. Destination Sites
This report gives you a list of all the external websites that people visit after visiting the first website. So if you want to know what are all the websites that people visit after visiting your competitors site, you can easily find it out from here.
Here’s how this report looks like;
As you can see above, you can see all the destination websites along with their URLs and you can also find out the traffic % share along with estimated traffic.
In the above example of “Search Engine Land”, people are visiting top 3 sites including Google, Schema and Digital Marketing Depot.
This report is particularly useful to know your competitors exit strategies or you can easily find out the relevant websites (so you may end up getting a whole new list of competitor websites).
Few of the websites use subdomains as a part of their SEO and content marketing strategy. Here’s where the Subdomains report analyzes which subdomains on the website are responsible for getting the most amount of traffic to a particular domain or website.
This report gives you an estimation of the monthly visits of all the subdomains for a specific domain (if it has any) and it also includes the data from both desktop and mobile.
Apart from the above 5 incredible reports, you can also get access to the top landing pages of any domain in the world. Here’s how it looks like;
Quick note: Currently, “Top Landing Pages” report is still in the Beta version but helpful for finding top performing pages of most of your competitor websites.
Pros And Cons
So what are all the pros and cons of using this incredible SEO tool? Let’s discuss them now.
- You can get an overview of any domain’s traffic
- You can analyse a list of all the traffic sources of a domain including social, paid, search, direct traffic etc
- Geographic distribution feature gives you an idea of what are all the countries bringing more traffic to a site
- Destination sites report give you an idea about what links (or what sites) people visit after visiting your competitor site
- You can also analyse your domain with other competitor sites (or find new opportunities)
- It’s expensive as this add-on from Semrush costs you $200 per month
Pricing of Semrush
So how much does Semrush Traffic Analytics tool cost you?
First things first, Traffic Analytics tool from Semrush is a separate add-on that you need to purchase along with any of the Semrush pricing plans.
Semrush is currently available in 3 pricing plans which include;
Let’s briefly talk about each of them.
PRO: With Semrush Pro account, you can get the following things at just $119.95 per month.
- Results per report: 10,000
- Reports per day: 3000
- Projects: 5
- Keywords to track: 500
- Pages to crawl: 100,000
- 50 profiles for monitoring and 10 profiles for posting
- Scheduled PDF reports: 5
- Cost: $119.95 monthly
Guru: With Semrush Guru account, you can get the following features at just $229.95 per month.
- Results per report: 30,000
- Reports per day: 5000
- Projects: 15
- Keywords to track: 1500
- Pages to crawl: 300,000
- Social media profiles: 100 (for monitoring) and 30 for posting
- Scheduled PDF reports: 20
- Branded PDF reports
- Historical data
- Cost: $229.95 monthly
Business: With Semrush Business account, you can get to a ton of exclusive features which are listed below at $449.95 per month.
- Results per report: 50,000
- Reports per day: 10,000
- Projects: 40
- Keywords to track: 5000
- Pages to crawl: 1,000,000
- Social media profiles: 300 for monitoring and 50 for posting
- Scheduled PDF reports: 50
- White label PDF reports
- Historical data
- Product Listing Ads
- Multi-user management
- Cost: $449.95 monthly
Use this special link to grab 30 days free trial of Semrush Pro account
To get access to Traffic Analytics tool addon, you need to pay extra $200 per month.
As you can see above, you can buy add-on at $200 per month with any of the 3 pricing plans from Semrush.
Is it worth paying extra $200 per month?
Now comes the most important question. Semrush is already a premium SEO tool where the basic pricing plans start at around $119 per month (Pro plan) and go all the way up to $400 per month.
So is it worth paying extra $200 every month to get access to Traffic Analytics package Semrush?
It’s worth your money if you’re heavily dependent on doing competitor analysis to grow your online business. If you’re someone who treats your competitors like golden opportunities and want to find every traffic detail about their sites, this extra add-on from Semrush is worth your money.
You’ll get access to the features like;
- Check any company website traffic
- Market trends
- Crunchbase data and so on with this add-on
If you’re looking for exclusive deal, we’ve a crazy deal for you where you can get access to their PRO account free trial for 30 days (worth $119) along with $200 worth Traffic Analytics addon.
You can click on the following link to grab this crazy Semrush deal for a limited time.
Use this special link to grab 14 days free trial of Semrush Pro + Traffic Analytics tool (totally worth $300)
FAQs About Traffic Analytics Tool from Semrush
Here are some of the most asked questions around Semrush Traffic Analytics tool and few other widely used features of this amazing SEO tool.
Are there any limits to using Traffic Analytics from Semrush?
You will get full access to Traffic Analytics data which is available at $200 per month and this feature can be added as an add-on to any paid Semrush subscription including Pro, Guru or Business plans.
You get access to the Traffic Analytics Overview report with all the paid plans from Semrush without getting this add-on but you have limited access such as free accounts can make 10 total requests per day shared between all Semrush reports and all remaining reports can be viewed using their 3 sample domains.
Can I find competitor traffic sources using Traffic Analytics tool?
Yes, you can easily check competitor traffic along with their traffic sources if you’ve access to Traffic Analytics tool from Semrush. It also gives you a geographic distribution report where you can find a list of all the countries from where your competitors sites are getting visitors from.
What are the main features of Semrush?
If you are curious to know about all the features of Semrush along with its benefits, here’s the list of things you can do with this amazing SEO tool.
- Keyword research as you can find a ton of profitable keyword ideas no matter what niche you are in
- Perform ad research as you can easily discover all the ad copies of your competitors including their social media campaigns
- Conduct site audits to easily find and fix all the issues on your website
- Do a complete research of your competitor websites from finding their best performing pages to top keywords, backlink sources and so on
- Traffic Analytics that help you easily discover any website’s traffic, traffic sources, top landing pages and so on
- Domain to domain comparison which helps you easily compare your site with other competitor websites to find their strengths and weaknesses
- And the list goes on
Use this exclusive link to grab 14 days free trial of Semrush Pro + Traffic Analytics account (worth $319.95)
What is the difference between Traffic Analytics and Domain Analytics?
Domain Analytics makes estimations based only on keyword positions and their estimated traffic whereas Traffic Analytics makes estimations based on analyzing clickstream data about all of a domain’s sources of traffic (including search, referral, social media, paid traffic sources).
In a nutshell, Traffic Analytics report gives you accurate traffic estimation and data when compared to domain analytics data from Semrush.
Why is there no data in Traffic Analytics for the domain I entered?
Semrush might not have enough information to present accurate estimations if a domain or website has less than 10,000 monthly visits. For most of the websites (it currently has over 200 million users data) with decent traffic, you can easily find the traffic report estimations accurately using this tool.
What’s the refund policy of Semrush?
Semrush offers you a 7 days money back guaranteed. That means, if you’re not happy with Semrush tools or features, you can get a refund within 7 days after purchasing any pricing plan from them. Your refund request will typically be processed within 10 days of receiving it.
This tool is an excellent SEO tool to find competitor traffic sources, check competitor traffic and the list goes on.
As you can see above, we’ve talked about almost every feature that this traffic analytic tool offers and it can also be helpful for finding new SEO opportunities to grow your online business.
Just make sure to give a try to it using our exclusive link and go for it if you love its features. If you’ve any questions about the tool, do let us know in the comments.