Are you looking for the best Screaming Frog alternatives? You have come to the right place.
Screaming Frog is an amazing SEO site audit tool that is used to crawl ANY website.
You can easily identify your website issues starting from redirects to broken links to duplicate page issues, and more.
However, there are a few limitations with Screaming Frog such as;
- it can only crawl and evaluate one website at a time
- Screaming Frog takes a TON of time for websites that have a HUGE number of URLs
- Free account is very limited as you can crawl only up to 500 URLs and the list goes on
Fortunately, there are a few other INCREDIBLE alternatives to Screaming Frog.
In this post, you’ll discover;
- A handpicked list of SEVEN Screaming Frog alternatives
- Benefits of each one of them
- Pricing plans and much more
So let’s jump into details without much ado.
Table of Contents
Top 7 Screaming Frog Alternatives & Competitors 2023
Hands down, Semrush is the most powerful tool for SEO, bloggers, and online marketers. It is also one of the popular tools used by over 7 million people worldwide.
The best part about Semrush? You can find over 50 SEO tools on ONE platform ranging from keyword research to backlink analysis to site audits. Undoubtedly, Semrush is the go-to SEO software for anyone who’s looking to boost their search traffic.
One BIG reason to choose Semrush is its SEO auditing capabilities.
With just a few clicks, you can discover all the technical and SEO issues that your website has.
Here’s what the site audit tool looks like;
See that? Semrush will help you find all issues including;
- Broken internal links
- Duplicate title tags
- Slow load speed issues
- Pages without title tags and much more
Semrush site audits help you to identify key areas where your website can be improved. Additionally, Semrush also provides actionable recommendations for how you can take your website to the next level and boost your search rankings.
Want to know more about Semrush? Read our in-depth review of Semrush to find all the details.
- Semrush can help you optimize existing pages
- Its site audit feature helps you find and fix all the SEO issues on your site
- It can analyze a wide variety of data, including SEO metrics such as keywords, domain authority, and backlinks
- Get detailed recommendations on your site’s performance and user experience
- Find duplicate content issues
- Find pages that are loading slow
- Find crawlability issues and more
Semrush Pricing: Semrush offers three pricing plans which are listed below.
1. Pro: This plan is perfect for SEO newbies and small in-house teams. It costs you $108.33/mo when billed annually and you’ll get 10,000 results per report, 3000 reports per day, create up to 3 projects, track up to 500 keywords to track and up to 100,000 pages to crawl.
2. Guru: This plan is great for growing agencies and SEO consultants which costs you $208.33/mo when billed annually. You’ll get 30,000 results per report, 5000 reports per day, create up to 5 projects, track up to 1500 keywords to track and up to 300,000 pages to crawl.
3. Business: This plan is great for growing agencies and SEO consultants which costs you $416.66/mo when billed annually. You’ll get 50,000 results per report, and 10,000 reports per day, create up to 40 projects, track up to 5000 keywords to track and up to 1,000,000 pages to crawl.
Semrush also offers a 14-day free trial which is worth $129.95!
2. Surfer SEO
Want to perform a detailed analysis of your website’s content to identify winning SEO opportunities? Then, you should definitely try Surfer SEO.
Surfer SEO offers multiple tools including SEO audit, content planner, and on-page optimization.
Using its SEO audit tool, you can easily evaluate the quality of the content of ANY website, and analyze link profiles and rankings over time.
Here’s what the SEO audit on Surfer SEO looks like;
As you can see, you’ll discover all the important information including missing common backlinks, referring domains, traffic information, etc.
You can also evaluate technical factors such as load speed and mobile responsiveness and user engagement metrics such as click-through and bounce rate.
Benefits of Surfer SEO:
- Discover the ideal content length to get better search rankings
- Identify the number of headings
- Find the page speed
- Keyword density
- Analyzes your site’s structure and identify on-page elements to get higher rankings
- Discover the missing backlinks to rank top in Google
- Find referring domains
- Meta tags structure
- It also offers a SERP analyzer that helps you easily analyze and find correlations between the position in search results
Surfer SEO Pricing: Surfer SEO offers the following three pricing plans.
1. Basic: This is the cheapest plan from Surfer SEO which costs you $49 per month where you’ll get the following limits.
- 10 Content Editors per month
- 20 Audits per month
- Free NLP for 1st month
- Grow Flow
2. Pro: This plan costs you $99 per month where you’ll get the following limits.
- 30 Content Editors per month
- 60 Audits per month
- Invite 3 team members
- Grow Flow
3. Busines: This plan costs you $199 per month where you’ll get the following features.
- 70 Content Editors per month
- 140 Audits per month
- Invite 10 team members
- White Labeling
- API access
- Grow Flow
All the plans from Surfer SEO include SERP Analyzer and Content Planner tools.
So what are you waiting for?
Serpstat is an excellent SEO toolkit that can help you with a variety of tasks, from keyword research to backlink analysis, site audits, and more.
With Serpstat, you can track your ranking progress, identify backlink opportunities, and discover any SEO issues that are preventing your website from better rankings.
Here’s what the Serpstat’s backlink analysis feature looks like;
As you can see, you’ll find all the backlinks data of your site. It also offers a site audit feature that helps you find and fix your site’s SEO issues.
So if you’re serious about SEO, then Serpstat is a tool that you should definitely check out.
Benefits of Serpstat:
- Serpstat is an all-in-one SEO tool that provides a wide range of features to help you improve your search engine rankings
- With Serpstat, you can perform keyword research and analysis, competitive analysis, backlink analysis, rank tracking, site audit, and more
- Serpstat is an affordable SEO tool that offers great value for money
- Serpstat offers a free trial so you can try out the platform before committing to a paid subscription
Serpstat Pricing: Serpstat offers the following four pricing plans.
1. Lite: This plan is great for beginners and costs you just $55 per month when billed annually. You’ll get 4,000 queries per day and 10,000 results per report, 1 user access and you can add up to 10 projects and audit up to 150,000 pages.
2. Standard: This plan costs you just $119 per month when billed annually. You’ll get 5,000 queries per day and 30,000 results per report, 3 user access and you can add up to 50 projects and audit up to 4000,000 pages.
3. Advanced: This plan costs you just $239 per month when billed annually. You’ll get 8,000 queries per day and 50,000 results per report. You can add up to 75 projects and audit up to 1.25 million pages. With this plan, you can add up to 5 team members to your account and you’ll also get phone support.
4. Enterprise: This plan costs you just $399 per month when billed annually. You’ll get 12,000 queries per day and 75,000 results per report, 7 user access, and you can add up to 100 projects and audit up to 2.5 million pages. You’ll also get white-label access and an extended interface with this plan.
Serpstat also offers a free trial. You can use the promo code bloggerspassion_2022 to grab its 7-day free trial.
4. SEO PowerSuite
One of the best Screaming Frog online alternatives is SEO PowerSuite, which includes a wide range of SEO tools that help you optimize your website’s search performance.
With the Website Auditor from SEO PowerSuite, you can easily analyze your site for issues such as duplicate content, broken links, or pages with missing images.
Here’s what the site audit feature looks like;
See that? You’ll find everything from indexing issues to redirects to technical issues with the tool.
If you’re looking for a tool that can help you improve your website’s performance on search engines, look no further than SEO PowerSuite. With advanced features and an easy-to-use interface, it’s the perfect SEO software for optimizing your site effectively.
Benefits of SEO PowerSuite:
- Conduct a technical SEO audit to find and fix all SEO issues
- Optimize the content of all of your pages
- You can easily manage your website’s robots.txt and XML sitemap files
- You can schedule automatic site audits
SEO PowerSuite Pricing: SEO PowerSuite offers the following three pricing plans.
1. Free: The free plan offers you the following limits.
- Run backlink audit for up to 1100 links
- Crawl up to 500 URLs
- Backlink profile comparison of 2 sites
2. Professional: If you want to crawl unlimited sites, this is the best plan and it costs you $299 per year where you’ll get the following features.
- Run a backlink audit for unlimited links
- Crawl unlimited URLs
- Backlink profile comparison of 5 sites
3. Enterprise: If you don’t want watermarks while printing reports and looking for more limits, this is the right plan which costs you $499 per year. You’ll get the following features.
- Run a backlink audit for unlimited links
- Crawl unlimited URLs
- Backlink profile comparison of 5 sites
- Cloud storage for 400 projects and 4000 reports
Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO platform that offers a wide range of features that are useful for both SEOs and small businesses.
Ahrefs offers an SEO Site Audit tool that gives you an in-depth overview of your website’s on-page SEO performance. It also crawls all the pages on your website and provides an overall SEO health score along with the SEO issues.
Here’s what the Ahrefs audit feature looks like;
You’ll find every issue on your website ranging from internal pages to HTML tags to content quality issues, and more.
Overall, Ahrefs is an essential tool for anyone who is serious about improving their online visibility and search engine rankings.
Benefits of Ahrefs:
- SEO Dashboard to view all your projects and track your website’s SEO performance
- Site Explorer helps you research your competitors’ backlinks and keyword rankings
- Keywords Explorer to identify profitable keywords
- Site Audit automatically scans your website for SEO issues
- Rank Tracker monitors your ranking progress on desktop and mobile
Ahrefs Pricing: You’ll find four different pricing packages in Ahrefs which are listed below.
1. Lite: This plan costs you $83 per month which is great for small businesses and you’ll get access to the following things.
- Create up to 5 unverified and unlimited projects
- Track up to 750 keywords
- Get 100,000 crawl credits with 25,000 pages per project
2. Standard: This plan costs you $83 per month which is great for small businesses and you’ll get access to the following things.
- Create up to 20 unverified and unlimited projects
- Track up to 2000 keywords
- Get 500,000 crawl credits with 50,000 pages per project
3. Advanced: This plan costs you $83 per month which is great for small businesses and you’ll get access to the following things.
- Create up to 50 unverified and unlimited projects
- Track up to 5000 keywords
- Get 1.5 million crawl credits with 250,000 pages per project
4. Enterprise: This plan costs you $83 per month which is great for small businesses and you’ll get access to the following things.
- Create up to 100 unverified and unlimited projects
- Track up to 10,000 keywords
- Get 5 million crawl credits with 5 million pages per project
6. Google Search Console (Free)
Google Search Console is totally a FREE service that allows you to monitor your website’s performance in Google’s search results.
You can use it to submit and test your sitemaps, find out how many pages from your site are currently indexed by Google, and optimize your website’s visibility in search results.
It can also be used to find and fix website index issues, identify manual penalties, and receive email notifications when Google crawling or indexing issues are detected.
Here’s what the search console’s data looks like;
You can see everything from the total number of clicks, impressions, average, CTR, indexing issues, and more.
Overall, Google Search Console is a USEFUL tool for anyone who wants to optimize their site for Google Search.
Benefits of Google Search Console:
- You can use the Google Search Console to see how your site is performing in terms of click-through rate (CTR) and position in the search results
- You can use it to submit your website to Google for indexing
- You can use it to request that Google crawl your website more frequently
- You can find issues with your website such as pages that are not being indexed by Google
- It also provides detailed reports about your site’s performance on Google, which can help you identify areas for improvement and optimize your website for better results
Google Search Console Pricing: It is completely free to use. All you need is a Google account to start using it.
7. Ubersuggest (Free)
Quick note: Ubersuggest is a freemium tool as it can be used to perform everything from site audits to backlink analysis for FREE.
Ubersuggest is an excellent alternative to Screaming Frog. It offers site audits and backlink analysis to analyze any website.
Ubersuggest is also a great tool for keyword research and competitor analysis. It shows you what keywords your competitors are targeting, and how they are ranking for those keywords.
You can also use it to track your website’s progress over time.
It offers a Site Analyzer tool that helps you discover the SEO issues affecting your site.
Here’s what it looks like;
As you can see, the tool provides detailed reports on your website’s pages, SEO issues, traffic, and backlinks. This information can be used to identify areas of improvement for your website.
Benefits of Ubersuggest
- Ubersuggest is an extremely affordable SEO tool as it costs $120 for lifetime access. This makes it a great option for small businesses and people who don’t have a huge budget. It is also free to use (with limited daily searches).
- Ubersuggest’s interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate
- Ubersuggest’s Site Audit tool helps you identify and fix SEO issues on your website
- Check if your site speed meets Google’s standards
- Get a detailed overview of your website’s SEO health
- Ubersuggest allows you to quickly and easily find long-tail keyword ideas based on your seed keyword
Ubersuggest Pricing: The good thing about Ubersuggest is that it offers a free version. You can create a FREE account using your Google account.
But if you want to get all the features with more limits, you should go with their paid plans (which are affordable!).
It has the following 3 pricing plans in the premium version.
1. Individual: This plan costs you just $120 for lifetime access and you can add up to 3 websites. You can crawl up to 1000 pages per report, get up to 20,000 keyword suggestions, track 100 keywords per project and get 100 reports per day.
2. Business: This plan costs you just $200 for lifetime access and you can add up to 7 websites. You can crawl up to 5000 pages per report, get up to 50,000 keyword suggestions, track 150 keywords per project and get 300 reports per day.
3. Enterprise: This plan costs you just $400 for lifetime access and you can add 8+ websites. You can crawl up to 10,000 pages per report, get up to 100,000 keyword suggestions, track 200 keywords per project and get 900 reports per day.
So what are you waiting for?
FAQs | Screaming Frog Alternatives
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Screaming Frog and its alternatives.
Screaming Frog is an SEO site audit tool that essentially crawls a website to find broken links, audit redirects, find issues with metadata, etc.
Here are some of the best FREE Screaming Frog alternatives;
– Xenu’s Link Sleuth
– Google Search Console
Yes, but only free up to 500 URLs. If you want to crawl more than 500 URLs, you need to go with their paid plans that start at £149 per license, per year.
Semrush is one of the best alternatives to Screaming Frog. Semrush gives you access to over 50 SEO tools including backlink analysis, website audits, and much more. The pricing starts at $108.33/mo if you pay annually.
There are a number of alternatives to Screaming Frog, including:
– WebSite Auditor
– Xenu’s Link Sleuth
– Integrity for Mac
Related SEO Tools & Resources:
- Answer The Public Review: Is It REALLY Good?
- SE Ranking Review: Is It A Game-Changing SEO Software?
- Top PREMIUM & FREE Semrush Alternatives & Competitors
- 15 Cheap Moz Alternatives You Can Try
- 11 Best Keywords Everywhere Alternative Tools
- 10 Best Alternative Tools to KWFinder
- Top 10 Better SpyFu Alternative Tools With Pros & Cons
- 15 Best Ahrefs Alternatives for All SEOs
Final thoughts on alternatives to Screaming Frog
There are a TON of alternatives to Screaming Frog that can be used for web crawling and backlink analysis. But we handpicked only SEVEN tools for you which we’ve tried and tested.
Each of these tools has its own unique set of features and benefits that make it a PERFECT alternative to Screaming Frog.
That being said, it is important to know your website and budget needs before choosing an SEO tool.
So what are your thoughts? Did we miss any of your favorite Screaming Frog alternatives? Share your views in the comments.