Review of WPX Hosting $12.50 First Month
Product Name: WPX
Are you looking for a faster, better and secured hosting to host your WordPress sites? If you are looking for the most comfortable and customer friendly WordPress hosting, WPX hosting is RIGHT for you. They also offer you free site migration, free daily backups and dedicated hosting with every plan. Use BloggersPassion (coupon code) to get 50% INSTANT discount for the first month on all of WPX hosting plans.
For several years, I was using HostGator to run my websites. Although I had so many glitches with them while running my sites but I often used to ignore them because of their pricing factor.
But later I found that I was doing a big mistake by using HostGator. I even wrote a detailed post on the security issues I had with HostGator here. Then, I searched for a lot of better hosting providers and I found WPX hosting most reliable and useful hosting option.
In this post, you are going to find why I moved from HostGator to WPX (with 50% Discount coupon for my blog readers) and I’ll also be doing most unbiased review of WPX Hosting.
Use this link to get 50% FLAT discount on WPX hosting (only for Bloggers Passion readers and offer ends very soon!)
Quick note: Please use our personal promo code BloggersPassion (caps matter). It will give you a 50% INSTANT discount for the first month on all of WPX hosting plans.
We are now using WPX hosting at BloggersPassion (more than 3 years now). As you already know, I don’t recommend anything on this blog which I don’t personally use or satisfied with. I hope you guys will also enjoy their hosting as much as I do.
Table of Contents
- Why I Ditched HostGator And Moved to WPX Hosting
- WPX Hosting Review: Why Use Their Hosting Over Others?
- Excellent reviews for WPX hosting all over the web
- WPX Hosting Fixed for You Guarantee
- WPX Cloud And Its Importance
- Offers Free Enterprise Level DDoS Protection
- What are all the features included in the WPX hosting plans?
- Top Reasons to Consider WPX Hosting for WordPress Sites
- Pros and Cons of WPX Hosting
- Is Making Your Site HTTPS from HTTP Increases Your Search Engine Rankings?
- FAQ’s About WPX Hosting In 2019
- Final Thoughts about WPX WordPress Hosting Review
Why I Ditched HostGator And Moved to WPX Hosting
The main reason to write this WPX WordPress hosting review is because we had a bad experience with our previous hosting which was HostGator. In May 2016, when my blog Bloggers Passion got hacked, I asked HostGator (it was hosted on their servers) team to help me out. All they did was “nothing”.
They never bothered about my issues and they had shown zero interest in providing security for the sites that were hosted on HostGator servers. They are useless.
Again, it took me a lot of time (I had to hire developers to remove the infected files from my hosting servers) and efforts to bring back my blog to the normal situation. During this situation, I had contacting their customer staff several times and but they never really bothered about fixing my problem. It was a really bad time for me, full of tension and frustration.
Use this link to get 50% FLAT discount on WPX hosting (only for few more days, use BloggersPassion promo code as such!)
Here are 3 major reasons for me to ditch HostGator and I’m NEVER ever going back to their hosting plans again.
- They don’t offer any security to the websites that are hosted on their servers. If you are looking for a secured hosting service, HostGator should be your last choice.
- Their customer support sucks. They are useless. They don’t respond. They literally take hours to respond to your queries on “live chat”.
- Sites hosted on HostGator servers are seem to be easily hackable. Moreover they don’t offer daily backups (unlike WPX hosting or WP Engine). It means, if your site ever gets hacked, you are going to spend a lot of money and time to retrieve your website files and data.
That’s when I decided to ditch their hosting and move to a better, safer, reliable and faster hosting plan to host my sites.
That’s when I found “WPX Hosting” (Earlier known as Traffic Planet Hosting).
Click here to start your WordPress blog on WPX (Apply BloggersPassion coupon code to get 50% OFF on hosting plan of your choice for first month)
What you are going to find in this WPX review is the same reasons why I picked them after ditching HostGator hosting in May 2016. Are you ready to know more about them? Let’s get into the details without much ado.
WPX Hosting Review: Why Use Their Hosting Over Others?
Excellent reviews for WPX hosting all over the web
WPX hosting is receiving a lot of positive buzz especially from the customers all over the web.
Here are few of them.
9.8 out of 10 score on Trustpilot
On Trustpilot, WPX hosting became #1 most trusted host out of 161 hosting companies (FYI: Hostgator came last, Bluehost came 152nd & GoDaddy came 139th).
4.9 out of 5 ratings on Facebook
WPX hosting also has got positive reviews from real users on Facebook who are already using WPX hosting.
Some of the websites that are hosted on WPX hosting (we’re also one among them!)
As you can see a lot of bloggers and marketers who have high traffic blogs are using WPX hosting for better security and superior website performance.
Here’s what Gael Breton from Authority Hacker had to say about WPX hosting who’s also using the same hosting to host his site.
So what are you still waiting for?
Go grab WPX hosting now and make your site loading times super faster.
Click here to start your WordPress blog on WPX hosting
WPX Hosting Fixed for You Guarantee
One of the reasons we migrated our site Bloggers Passion from HostGator to WPX hosting is this: security.
We had a lot of security related issues with HostGator previously and they sucked at solving the customers security problems and HostGator customer support team is one of the worst.
The great thing about WPX hosting is they offer you a “fixed for you guarantee” which means, even if your site gets hacked, they will fix your security issues and give you the fully working site at no additional cost. So you’re in safe hands.
Whether you know it or not, WPX hosting offers you excellent security features like Enterprise-level DDoS Protection, daily Malware scans, application firewalls, spam protection, and even WHOIS Privacy to safeguard your sites. Even then, if your site gets hacked, they will fix it for you for free.
Above all, WPX hosting excels at one thing: providing malware removal for FREE. Yes, you heard it right.
Did you ever notice sites like that shows it contains malware?
If you see the above kind of websites, they are mostly hacked due to malware attacks. If you’re using WPX hosting, you’ll be free from all of such headaches.
Malware removal is not a service that majority of the hosting companies provide, certainly not for free. Whereas WPX hosting offers FREE malware removal if your site is affected with any malware related issues.
Their Malware Removal service will work alongside their existing daily Malware scanning to help keep any attackers away.
If at any point you need security assistance, or believe your site may be infected, you can raise a support ticket with WPX hosting from here.
WPX Cloud And Its Importance
What’s the #1 thing you look for when choosing a hosting for your WordPress sites? Speed and super faster website performance, right?
WPX Hosting recently introduced WPX cloud to make your site loading times super faster which makes it one of the fastest WordPress hosting CDN across the world.
Whether you know it or not, a CDN (content delivery network) refers to a geographically distributed group of servers which work together to provide fast delivery of Internet content. That simply means, no matter where your website visitors are (be it London or Delhi), they will experience faster loading sites.
Unlike most CDNs, WPX hosting Cloud is custom-built from the ground specifically to give you faster loading times and provide high performance WordPress hosting.
If you’re still wondering about why should you even bother about WPX cloud, here are few of the biggest benefits.
1. Faster loading times: Are you serving international audience with your website? If yes, there’s a good news for you. If your website’s serving a global audience, you’ll see a big improvement with WPX Cloud environment as WPX Hosting internal tests show improvements from 50% to 320%, depending on the website configuration and resources.
That said, we’ve personally experienced a HUGE improvements in the website loading times as our site went from loading in 2 seconds to loading within half a second (3 times faster after enabling WPX cloud feature).
2. It’s FREE: As discussed above, WPX hosting recently introduced WPX cloud to all its customers to increase the website performance on their hosting network. The best part is, they are not charging even a penny extra for providing WPX cloud. It’s completely free.
3. Covering over 20 worldwide locations: WPX hosting offers over 20 worldwide locations to give better performance to your website audience as your website’s content will be served to visitors from over 20 worldwide locations, covering 6 continents which makes it the fastest hosting environment.
Not only that, more worldwide locations means, faster loading times and better website performance if your website gets high traffic (or traffic spikes).
4. Better security: With traditional hosting units, you might face downtime issues or few technical issues every now on then but with Cloud based servers, you’ll rarely face such issues. On top of that, WPX cloud provides much better security. So if you’re looking for much better security, you should shift to WPX cloud.
5. No external CDN is needed: If you’re using WPX cloud, there’s no need to use another CDN plugin or assistance from sites like Cloudflare or others. The best part is, even without any external CDN support, WPX cloud works like a charm in providing better performance to your site.
6. Extremely easy to set up: If you’re wondering how to start using WPX cloud, there’s a good news for you as all the new WPX accounts after 23rd Oct 2019 will have their Cloud CDN configured and activated by default.
Quick note: All the existing WPX Hosting customers will have to switch on the Cloud manually via their Control Panel. The details will be shared below.
How to enable WPX cloud manually?
If you’re wondering about how to start using WPX cloud for better website speeds and performance, here’s a simple tutorial.
Once you logged into your WPX dashboard, pick WPX cloud on the left which looks like this;
Then, pick your site and “Enable” the cloud your service for appropriate site.
Quick note: Once you enable the WPX Cloud for your website, it will take approximately 1 hour for your site to start loading though the WPX Cloud with much improved speed performance and better speeds.
Within a minute, it will show the following service status showing your site is now enabled with WPX cloud.
And guess what happens when your site is enabled with WPX Cloud?
Your website speed increases to a great extent.
Here’s the screenshot of our blog’s loading times using Pingdom tools (after enabling WPX cloud).
You can see from the above screenshot, our blog is now loading within 500 ms (not even half a second). That’s blazing fast speed, right?
Click here to start your WordPress blog on WPX hosting
Offers Free Enterprise Level DDoS Protection
If you’re wondering about what DDoS attack is all about. Let us explain about it in simple terms.
A denial-of-service (DoS) attack is an attempt to make network resource unavailable (which can be your blog or website) to its intended users, such as to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend services of a host connected to the Internet.
A DDoS is where the attack source is more than one, often thousands of, unique IP addresses. It is analogous to a group of people crowding the entry door or gate to a website and not letting legitimate visitors enter into the website disrupting normal operations.
Here are few problems that you can face when your site is attacked by DDoS.
- Dramatic increase in the number of spam emails received
- Unusually slow network performance (which makes your site load extremely slower)
- Unavailability of a website
- Inability to access any website
- And the list goes on
The good thing about using WPX hosting is that it provides free Enterprise-level DDoS protection to all WPX Hosting customers with Incapsula which is an industry leader in DDoS security.
Quick note: This extra DDoS protection is completely free for all WPX Hosting customers. This DDoS protection alone is expensive which would normally cost at least $299 per website per month with Incapsula directly. Fortunately, WPX hosting is actually using a higher Enterprise plan than the $299 so you don’t have to pay even a penny to get that service.
The great thing about using Incapsula for DDoS protection is Incapsula is guaranteed to mitigate any DDoS attack in under 10 seconds, regardless of its size and without getting in the way of legitimate traffic. So you’re in safe hands!
Whether you know it or not, security is one of the ranking factors in Google. Sites with https version will be preferred by Google when compared to the sites with http.
According to SangFroid Web, “Data from Google Chrome usage shows that more than 70 percent of Chrome users are visiting HTTPS-enabled websites, which indicates that browsing via HTTPS is becoming the norm. Armed with that data, Google is taking steps to ‘encourage’ the global adoption of SSL/HTTPS.”
So using WPX hosting can help you easily install SSL certificates (which makes your site from http to https) at free of cost.
What are all the features included in the WPX hosting plans?
Are you curious to find out the list of all the features and benefits you get with WPX hosting plans. Here’s a list of few of them.
- High speed WPX Cloud CDN (which is newly introduced to make your site performance faster than ever)
- Unlimited Site Migrations (so you can migrate your site from an existing hosting to WPX hosting at free of cost, most site transfers won’t take even a day)
- Unlimited SSLs to make your site go from http to https
- 24/7 customer support with 30 Seconds Average Response Time
- Staging Area
- Access to Email accounts
- Enterprise-Level DDoS Protection to safeguard your site
- 28 Day Automatic Full Backups (so you can restore all your lost data any time)
- Malware Scanning & Removal
- PHP 7.X and HTTPS/2 enabled
- 1-Click WordPress Installations (to easily install WordPress on WPX hosting just with a click)
- USA + UK Hosting locations (so you can choose any of them which is nearer to you for faster loading times)
If you’re looking for the fastest and secure hosting environment for WordPress sites, we HIGHLY recommend WPX hosting.
Top Reasons to Consider WPX Hosting for WordPress Sites
Here are few top reasons and benefits to consider WPX hosting to host your WordPress sites in 2019 and beyond.
1. Superfast “Dedicated Hosting”
Unlike other web hosting companies like Bluehost, HostGator etc, WPX hosting company only offers dedicated WordPress hosting.
That means each and every user will get dedicated hosting so you can boost your overall website performance and more importantly site speed.
Honestly speaking, I give too much importance to my website speed. When I was hosting my site on HostGator, it usually used to take nearly 3 seconds to load.
But once switched to WPX, my blog speed skyrocketed. It’s now loading within half second (just 0.49 sec loading time). That’s unbelievable, right?
So the overall website speed was increased definitely by more than 200%. That’s a great change after shifting to another hosting platform.
It’s all became possible just because of the dedicated hosting servers offered by WPX hosting service. So if you are in search for a faster hosting, you should start using their hosting.
2. Daily Backups and 99.95% Uptime Guarantee!
HostGator doesn’t offer any backups whatsoever whereas WPX offers you daily backup of your whole sites. That means even if you lose all your website files (in the worst case scenario), it is still possible to get all that data back without much efforts or paying anything extra.
The great thing about using WPX as your hosting service is they don’t charge you even a penny for doing daily backups. All of their hosting plans included daily backups as a “feature”.
Another important feature from their hosting is 99.95% uptime guarantee. That means, almost every single time, your site will get loaded without any glitches.
When your site doesn’t show up anything while visitors browsing your content is the worst thing ever. So the better uptime gives you more edge over your competitors.
Click here to start your WordPress blog on WPX hosting (AND GET 50% OFF using BloggersPassion discount coupon)
3. Free Site Migration from Existing Host
One of the strong reasons I haven’t moved my sites from HostGator to any other hosting service is I know how difficult it is and it usually takes a lot of time if you don’t have any technical skills.
But if you are already using an existing service and not at all happy with it and want to move from it to WPX hosting, you are fortunate. They will migrate your sites from your existing hosting service to the WPX hosting servers for free.
All you need do is to connect with their customer staff, give your website hosting details, buy hosting from them and you are done. Everything else will be taken care by their customer support team for free.
4. Websites Hosted on WPX Hosting are FULLY Secured
The #1 reason I moved from HostGator to WPX hosting service is because of the security.
HostGator doesn’t offer any security to the sites hosted on their servers while the sites hosted on WPX are safely secured.
They are also offering unlimited FREE SSL certificates which can be installed and activated in just under 10 minutes on your WordPress sites. To put it simply, SSL certificates add more authenticity and security to your sites.
If you are looking for the most secured hosting service, I highly recommend you to try WPX hosting. They offer the most reliable hosting options to their clients.
5. Amazing Pricing That Beats Their Competitors: Get Two Months of Free Hosting
How can I NOT mention their unbeatable pricing plans in this unbiased WPX hosting review? WPX offers exceptional pricing plans.
Did you know that the pricing offered by WPX beats their competitors like WPEngine, Bluehost, HostGator etc?
Here’s the WPX hosting latest pricing comparison with other hosting sites.
As you can see, WPX hosting is where you can install up to 5 websites even with their basic plan which costs you just $24.99 per month (it’s even cheaper with annual plans) where you get exclusive features like;
- Incapsula DDoS protection
- PayPal payment option
- Unlimited site migrations for free
- Unlimited email addresses and so on
Click here to start your WordPress blog on WPX
WPX hosting offers 3 pricing plans:
Now let’s talk about 3 of them along with the pricing and features.
1. Business: If you are running a small website or blog but want to make it run blazing fast, this plan is for you. Or if you are just starting a new blog and want a better, super fast and reliable WordPress hosting, you should consider this plan.
This plan costs you $24.99 per month and you can host up to 5 websites with a bandwidth of 100 GB. You will also get 10 GB disk space along with the dedicated RAM and SSD servers to boost your website loading times.
You can save $50 (i.e. 2 months of free hosting) by using this link while purchasing WPX business hosting for the next 12 months now. And use BloggersPassion coupon code if you want to buy hosting for one month only (will save 50% money).
2. Professional: If you want a slightly more advanced version of the above hosting plan then Professional plan is for you where you can have more flexibility as you can also host up to 15 sites at a time without any hassle.
This plan costs you $49.99 per month and you can host up to 15 websites with a bandwidth of 200 GB. You will also get 20 GB disk space along with the dedicated RAM and SSD servers to boost your website speed and performance.
Click This Link to save $100 (which means two months of free professional hosting) if you want to purchase WPX professional hosting for one year in advance. You will be paying $499 for one year of professional hosting. Apply BloggersPassion promo code to get 50% OFF on first month purchase.
3. Elite: This is the most advanced plan which is most useful for high traffic websites. If you are getting a lot of search traffic to your sites and looking for a dedicated hosting which is super fast, this plan is just for you.
This plan costs you $99 per month and you can host up to 35 websites with UNLIMITED bandwidth. You will also get 40 GB disk space along with the dedicated RAM and SSD servers to boost your website loading speed.
Click This Link to Save $198 on Elite Hosting if by purchasing it for 12 months in advance. You will be paying $999 for one year of Elite hosting after $198 discount. Again use BloggersPassion discount coupon to get 50% OFF if want to buy Elite plan for one month only.
All the plans include the following incredible features.
- 24 x 7 x 365 live chat (customer support)
- Free site migrations
- Daily backups
- Daily malware scan
- 99.95% uptime guarantee
- 1-click WordPress installation
- Free email setup
- 30 days money back guarantee
So what are your waiting for?
Click here to start your first or next blog with WPX (Apply BloggersPassion coupon to get 50% OFF for first month)
6. Ground Breaking Support Staff
Customer service at HostGator is worst of all. They don’t care about their customers at all. They are least bothered about solving their customers issues and their response time is even 2 hours sometime (even on a live chat)!!
But when I connected to WPX customer staff, they responded to all my queries and issues related to hosting really quickly. I was so amazed with this experience and this is one of the major reasons for me to move from HostGator to WPX hosting without thinking much.
If you are looking for a friendly and super fast customer support staff, you should buy their hosting. You won’t regret your decision, I can guarantee that.
Pro tip: Don’t go for any web hosting service without knowing about their customer support. If their support sucks, you will hate yourself and in the process you waste a lot of time and money. Google about their customer staff and read all the customer reviews. This WPXhosting review is not written to persuade you to buy their hosting but their customer support team is just amazing.
Pros and Cons of WPX Hosting
Most WPX hosting reviews you find online don’t actually cover their pros and cons. So let’s figure out the reasons to pick them along with its drawbacks.
- Free site migration
- Fully compatible with WooCommerce sites too
- Industry leading speed
- Daily backups and fully secured
- Outstanding customer service
- Optimized hosting
- FREE SSL Certificate
- DDOS Attack Protection
- Continuous Malware & Hack Scanning
- Their pricing starts at $24.99 per month. It’s a bit expensive but you get a dedicated hosting along with daily backups!
Apart from the above, I don’t find any other con as of now. I’ll be updating the list if I find any in future.
Is Making Your Site HTTPS from HTTP Increases Your Search Engine Rankings?
Have you observed the new web address of BloggersPassion?
Yes, we are currently using https address instead of http. If you are surfing web for a while, you might already know that https sites are more secure!
Did you know that 34% of current search results are https? Google is giving more importance to the sites that are secured with SSL certificates (also known as https). Https is definitely a good investment for your blog’s future as it will help your blog search results to show up more in Google results.
So let’s talk about how can you make your site go from http to https for free with WPX Hosting.
What is an SSL certificate?
SSL Certificate is a small data file that digitally stores a cryptographic key of your blogs or websites. When you install an SSL certificate on your web hosting server, it activates the padlock and also makes your site url from http to https protocol. This will enable secure connections from a web server to a browser.
The Major Benefits of Making Your Site HTTPS (Secured)
Here are few of the compelling reasons that should motivate you to move from http to https.
- As I said above, 34% search results on Google are https. That means Google is giving more and more importance to the sites that are secured with https. So if you want better search rankings, go for it.
- It’s pretty hard for hackers to hack the sites that are secured with SSL certificates. That means if your site web address is on https, it is much hard to crack or hack.
- Apart from the benefits of security and better search engine rankings, https gives your website visitors a secured feeling to browse or buy your stuff. Go to any online marketing place such as Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, you will notice that all of them are on https. The reason is, it indirectly shows that they are safe to browse.
How to Make Your Site HTTPS (Secured with SSL Certificate?
Luckily, WPX offers free SSL certificates. That means you can easily turn your site from http to https using their hosting. The best part is that you don’t have to do anything from your end. All you need to do is to contact their support team and for a free upgradation of SSL certificate and they will do it free for you.
So what are you waiting for?
Start your blog on WPX hosting and Make Your Site HTTPS for Free
FAQ’s About WPX Hosting In 2019
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about WPX hosting. So make sure to read all of them if you’re still thinking about signing up for WPX hosting.
1. Tell me why should I choose WPX hosting over other hosting options?
The #1 reason is WPX hosting offers dedicated hosting at affordable price tags. Few more reasons to consider WPX hosting over other hosting choices are:
- Security: WPX hosting environment offers “fixed for you” feature just in case if your site gets hacked, they will take care of it for free. That means, when you run into a technical issue affecting the normal operation of your website, WPX support team will fix the issue for you, fast and free. That’s what makes them unique from other hosting companies.
- Super fast customer team: You will get access to live chat to interact with their customer staff (you can try it even before you buy their hosting to see how fast they are). Their average response time is just over 25 seconds which is insanely fast!
- SSD storage: When we migrated Bloggers Passion from HostGator to WPX hosting, our site speed immediately went up. You know why? WPX hosting uses SSD storage which increase your loading times really faster.
2. I’m running my WordPress sites on a pathetic hosting choice and I want to migrate all my sites to WPX hosting. How can WPX hosting help me?
Luckily, WPX hosting offers free site migration which means, you can migrate all of your sites (up to 5 sites for the basic plan) from your existing hosting servers to WPX hosting servers for free.
Just get in touch with WPX customer support team and they will take care of everything. Typically, 1 site migration will take no more than 24 hours. It’s free and you can just sit back and relax!
3. Does WPX hosting offers free backups or should I pay them extra?
You don’t have to pay a penny to backup your website files as WPX hosting offers backups of all websites on a daily basis (they are securely kept in a separate servers for 28 days).
They also give you access to their manual backup tool where you can easily access the system backups WPX hosting creates at any time and restore them whenever you want.
4. Okay I’m interested. Are there any discounts or coupon codes that I can apply for WPX hosting to save some money?
Yes, for a limited time only for Bloggers Passion audience, we’re giving a 50% discount on monthly hosting plans from WPX hosting.
Use this SPECIAL link to get 50% FLAT discount on WPX hosting
Please use our personal promo code BloggersPassion (caps matter). It will give you a 50% INSTANT discount for the first month on all of WPX hosting plans. So go ahead and give a try!
5. What if I’m not happy with WPX hosting?
WPX hosting offers a 30 days money back guarantee. That means, for any reason, if you’re not satisfied with their features or services, you can get a full refund of your money if you claim within 30 days after signing up.
For example, if you sign up for any hosting plan from WPX Hosting on May 1st on a 1-year annual plan, you can ask for a FULL annual payment back in the first 30 days (up to May 31st of the year).
But after that 30-days, you will no longer be eligible for that full refund.
You can cancel your account from your WPX dashboard anytime within the 30 day period to get your full refund back. It’s as simple as that. The same thing applies even for their monthly hosting plans.
So what are you waiting for?
Click here to start your blog on WPX hosting Now
Final Thoughts about WPX WordPress Hosting Review
Although WPX hosting doesn’t have decades of hosting experience but they are growing rapidly. They are currently serving over 40 million page views every single month and the number is only growing.
Their pricing options, unbeatable customer support, blazing fast servers, daily backups make their hosting truly unique and separates them from the rest of the competitors.
If you are searching for a dedicated, affordable and secured web hosting service to host your WordPress sites, you should definitely start using WPX. This is the same hosting I’m using currently on my blog.
Click This Link to Start using WPX Hosting (use BloggersPassion coupon code as such to get 50% discount on hosting plan for first month)
So what do you think about the detailed and unbiased WPX hosting review? Did you like it? Do you have any questions before buying their hosting services? Don’t hesitate to share your views or questions in the comment section below.