Bloggers Passion Traffic & Income Report 2016 | What to Expect in 2017
Did you know that 81% of the bloggers never make any money from their sites? Blogging world is heavily crowded and millions of blogs go live every month.
So if you’re blogging for more than a year, congratulations. You are doing a great job. Even if you’re not making money, if you’re consistently working on your sites, you will definitely succeed.
Bloggers Passion was launched on 2010 and it’s been 7 long years I’m constantly making money from this site. I’ve seen so many ups and downs (including traffic and sales figures) but I’m always consistent. That’s the primary reason why I’m still blogging even after 7 years.
Today, I’m going to share few details about traffic and income reports of Bloggers Passion for the year 2016.
This is the best time to share how we did in 2016 in terms of overall traffic and income wise. 2016 has been really a good year for Bloggers Passion community. And I can proudly say that we have been getting better and better with each passing year.
Let’s dive jump into the details of Bloggers Passion traffic and income report for 2016 without much ado.
Table of Contents
- Bloggers Passion Traffic And Income Report for 2016
- Overall Traffic Report for Bloggers Passion 2016
- Overall Income Report for Bloggers Passion in 2016
- What Initiatives We Took in 2016
- Top 10 Posts of Bloggers Passion In 2016
- What to Expect from Bloggers Passion in 2017
Bloggers Passion Traffic And Income Report for 2016
Overall Traffic Report for Bloggers Passion 2016
Let’s first talk about the traffic report of Bloggers Passion in 2016. If you want to build a profitable blog that makes money, you should know how to get “targeted traffic” to your sites from search engines. Without traffic, your blog won’t make any sales. It’s as simple as that.
In Dec 2016, we achieved 70% more traffic than what we were getting last year i.e 2015 same time. Google organic search is again the biggest traffic driver for Bloggers Passion contributing more than 75% of overall traffic.
From the above screenshot you can clearly see that the traffic report for Bloggers Passion in 2016 is as follows.
Dec 1, 2015 to Dec 31, 2015: 27,837 sessions
Dec 1, 2016 to Dec 31, 2016: 47,676 sessions
Within 1 year, Bloggers Passion traffic went from 27,000 visitors to 47,000 plus visitors a month. That’s almost double than the previous year.
Although we are not getting much traffic from social networks and direct traffic also has very little contribution to it. So I’m concerned about increasing the traffic from social media sites in 2017.
Overall Income Report for Bloggers Passion in 2016
I was able to notice the similar kind of growth at income level as well in 2016. We were consistently hitting $2000 to $3000 each month in 2016. But November was really special for us. Why?
Most of bloggers whose major source of income comes from affiliate product selling wait for this month every year as this is month of huge discounts and offers. Yes this is the month, when Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals hit the market.
During this month, you can expect even 90% OFF on products of your interest. During this Black Friday & Cyber Monday week only, we were able to earn around $3000 from affiliate product selling. As a result of it, we were able to reach to a milestone of $5000 earning in a month for the first time.
You can know more in detail about Black Friday & Cyber Monday case study from here. This is a must read case study if you want to get huge traffic and affiliate sale from this year’s season sale. And here are few sales reports from the black Friday deal which was happened recently.
Here’s the screenshot of Bluehost affiliate sales.
I sent 239 people to click on my Bluehost affiliate link. Out of those people, only 6 people actually signed up for Bluehost, so I made $390 in commission (Bluehost gives $65 for each successful sale so $65 * 6 = $390).
Let’s take look at another income report of Bloggers Passion during black Friday sale.
From the above screenshot, you can understand that in total, I helped these two web hosting companies to make 276,575 INR (i.e $4087) and I got the affiliate commission of 149,628 INR (i.e. $2207).
Just from these 3 web hosting services (Bluehost, A Small Orange and HostGator), I made a combined commission of $390 + $2207 = $2597 (in affiliate commission) within a week.
What Initiatives We Took in 2016
- We started a micro niche site that you can visit from here. This is still in building stage and we are hoping we will be getting good sales from it in the next couple of months. As of now, the primary focus for the niche site is to generate quality content and build quality links from other sites so it starts getting decent traffic from search engines for various keywords.
- Bloggers Passion had a new design. Design is the king. If you’re not using an appealing blog design, this is the right time. I recommend Elegant themes. They are affordable and offer excellent design features.
- We started doing video tutorials. So far we have done 28 videos. You can subscribe to our Youtube Channel from here. Although we didn’t focus too much on video marketing and that would be one of the top priorities for Bloggers Passion in 2017.
- We started the Bloggers Interview Series. We have so far done 14 interviews with top guys from blogging & SEO industry. They gain some great traction both on social media and search engines so we will be doing them in 2017 too.
- Also started doing round up posts. Two round up posts went live in 20016 around BEST SEO Tools & Keyword research tools. They really did well both in terms of social media shares and search traffic. They also helped us get some sales organically.
- We also held our first Giveaway on SEMrush worth $2500 this year successfully here. It went well and we are planning to do more and more giveaways in this year.
- We moved from Hostgator to WPX Hosting. This was one of our biggest decision this year. We were hosted on Hostgator from 2010. Know the actual reason why we ditched Hostgator and moved to WPX Hosting here.
Top 10 Posts of Bloggers Passion In 2016
No doubt we are proud of all contents that are generating at Bloggers Passion in the form of posts. But still there use to be some posts which are very close to us. They have nothing much to do with traffic or sales numbers.
Sharing you the list of top 10 posts from 2016 that are going to be really handy for Blogging & SEO Community:
- Beginners Guide to SEO: our first 6000 words plus long post. Can be handy for those who want to learn the basics of SEO.
- Black Friday Case Study: useful for those who want to improve their affiliate sales especially during Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
- How to Launch a Website: This is handy for those newbies who don’t know how to start their first blog on WordPress.
- Best Link Building Tools: Must read post if you want to take your search traffic to next level in 2017.
- Outrank Competitors Traffic: This was specially written to help you spy on competitors traffic, their positives & negatives.
- On Page SEO Guide: This post will share the tips and tricks you should be doing at On Page level to take your website organic traffic to next level.
- Affiliate Marketing Case Study: Learn how we made more than $16000 selling just one affiliate product.
- Creating High Quality Links: Find some actionable tips to get quality links with ease.
- Affiliate Website SEO: Learn how to do SEO for an affiliate website.
- Starting a Fashion Blog: Step by Step guide you need to start a fashion blog from scratch.
What to Expect from Bloggers Passion in 2017
We have been learning from our mistakes. So we will continue the good work from 2016 in 2017 as well. Here are few content types you can expect from Bloggers Passion team in this year:
- More detailed guides on SEO & blogging related topics: You may ask, why writing detailed guides on Bloggers Passion is on my priority list. The only reason is, writing long form of contents helps YOU understand almost everything about any given topic. They are also useful for generating more search traffic and sales. If you’re struggling to increase your traffic, you should definitely give a try to writing 2000+ word articles.
- We will be doing couple of HUGE giveaways this year: People love giveaways, right? That’s what I learned when I launched a SEMrush giveaway in 2016. People wanted more of them so I’m planning to do them more often in this year.
- More interviews with experts: We will be interviewing few more top guys from blogging and SEO community so that our blog readers can also learn from their experience. Interviews give a chance to people to learn from the experts. By reading expert interviews, you can easily find out what works and what’s not.
- More roundup posts: We will be doing few more round up posts in this year to help our blog readers follow and take action on the basis of secrets we will be getting from top bloggers and SEO experts. Not just any ordinary roundup posts but they will be really comprehensive and you can take away a lot of goodies from them to grow a profitable blog in 2017 and beyond.
- More quality videos: Will be adding more quality videos to our YouTube inventory. YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine after Google. People are watching videos. So it’s a smart idea to take Bloggers Passion content to the next level by frequently doing videos on YouTube.
- Top priority to the email list: We will start focusing more on list building in 2017. We are aiming at having a list of 5000 plus active subscribers by the end of this year. Email list is the #1 way to grow your income, awareness and traffic as a blogger. So if you’re not building one yet, you should consider doing it from now on.
- Increasing our exposure on social media: This year we will be focusing more on increasing our reach on social media which will ultimately help in improving traffic that we are getting from social & direct.
So there you go. Those are the details of Bloggers Passion traffic and income reports for the year 2016. I’ll be planning to do more of such stuff from this year (by mentioning the income and traffic reports of Bloggers Passion) so you can get inspiration to take blogging seriously to make money.
Final thoughts about Bloggers Passion traffic and income report for 2016
The key to building a better blog that makes money is simple: increase your website traffic from search engines like Google. The more targeted visitors that you attract from Google the easier it will be for you to increase your website sales.
I created the Bloggers Passion traffic report and income report for the year 2016 to motivate new bloggers to make money from blogging. Yes, making money from blogging is possible and you can build a profitable blog if you are consistent and putting more hard work.
Please feel free to share if there is any content type or any suggestion for us, which we should be doing in 2017 in the comments section. If you like this post and found some useful insights worth sharing, don’t hesitate to share this post with your friends on Facebook & other channels where you are active.