Product Name: Semrush Affiliate
Want to know how I made over $430K from ONE affiliate program? Let me introduce you to the #1 affiliate program “Semrush”. It allows you to promote the widely popular SEO toolkit Semrush. You can earn $200 on every sale and $10 on every trial ativation and here’s a detailed review of it.
Searching for a HIGH paying affiliate program? Are you looking for the BEST SEO tools to promote? Try the Semrush affiliate program.
Here are the highlights;
- $200 commission on every sale
- $10 for every trial activation
- Last-click and 120 days cookie duration
- Totally free to join
Semrush is the most popular marketing toolkit which is used by more than 10 million people worldwide. Have a look at the following illustration to know about Semrush in figures.
Semrush is widely used because it gives access to over 50 tools ranging from keyword research to competitor analysis, backlink research, site audits, and so on.
It also offers an incredible affiliate program called the “Semrush affiliate program” that helps you promote their SEO tool to your audience.
Quick note: Semrush discontinued their BeRush affiliate program and stopped paying recurring commissions. You’ll now earn $200 on every successful sale and $10 on trials.
We have been using Semrush for more than 6 years now.
In this detailed post, you’ll discover;
- Our earnings so far with Semrush
- How you can apply for free
- Ways to sell Semrush to boost your commissions
- Alternatives to their affiliate program
- Pros, cons and so on
So are you ready to earn a HUGE income with Semrush? Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Semrush Affiliate Program Review 2023: Earn a $200 Commission!
- 5 PROVEN Ways to Promote Semrush SEO Tool to Earn More Sales
- Top 3 Semrush Affiliate Program Alternatives
- FAQs About Semrush Affiliate Program
- Final Thoughts on Semrush Affiliate Program
Semrush Affiliate Program Review 2023: Earn a $200 Commission!
$430,000+ Earnings So Far With Semrush: Our Earning Reports (With Screenshots)
We generated more than $430,000 in affiliate commissions so far.
Here’s the earnings report for the last 1 year.
- Our lifetime earnings are $430,000 + $67,000 from the Semrush affiliate program. In the last 1 year alone we generated over $67,000
We are one of Semrush top affiliate earners. In fact, we’ve also been featured on their homepage.
We started promoting Semrush since 2016 and the first payment was $83.94 (Jan 2016).
Here’s the recent affiliate earning screenshot.
Here’s the yearly breakdown of the total revenue from the Semrush affiliate program.
As you can see above, here’s the yearly breakdown of the affiliate earnings.
- 2016: $9300+
- 2017: $40,000
- 2018: $85,000+
- 2019: $95,000+
- 2020: $107,000+
- 2021: $102,000+
As you can see, we’re consistently generating more and more income every single year despite HUGE competition with others (including authority sites).
So yes, there’s a huge potential to earn thousands of dollars with the Semrush affiliate program if you know how to promote the Semrush SEO tool.
Here are the links to both of their products.
- Join Semrush affiliate program (free to join and instant setup)
- Try Semrush 30 Days for FREE (Worth $119.95)
You definitely need to use Semrush SEO toolkit before you start promoting their affiliate program.
The reason is simple: you should know all the pros, cons and features of their SEO tool before recommending it with your target audience.
The #1 powerful affiliate marketing secret is this: “educate your target audience”.
You should teach your audience about the products you promote. You should create awareness and recommend the products that actually solve their problems.
That’s the reason why we’re suggesting you try their tool first.
Here are a few quick tips.
- Get a feel of how their dashboard looks like
- Start adding a project (by entering your domain) and perform site audits
- Start doing keyword research
- Analyse the competitors in your niche
- Find what’s working well for your competitors (know their top ranking pages along with keywords)
Then, start creating content around Semrush to start earning money from their affiliate program. That’s how you generate more affiliate sales with ANY product.
Side note: If you’re a beginner, we recommend you to check out this post on increasing your affiliate sales (as it’s a great place to begin with).
What is Semrush affiliate? How does it work?
Semrush affiliate is an affiliate program which helps you promote the Semrush SEO tool.
Semrush is the #1 premium SEO toolkit used by more than 10 million users worldwide including the world’s leading companies like Vodafone, Wix, Booking etc.
Semrush offers you a HUGE $200 commission on every successful sale. Once you sign up for Semrush, you can start using your affiliate referral id to make money from their affiliate program.
Whenever someone clicks on your Semrush affiliate reference link and makes a purchase, you get a commission for every Semrush subscription they buy (for a lifetime, until your referral stops paying for their plans). It’s as simple as that.
As an affiliate, you will receive a commission from sales of all the plans from Semrush including Pro, Guru and Business.
How to apply for the Semrush affiliate program?
To become an affiliate for Semrush, you need the following things;
- Have a website or social media page with at least 1000 traffic or followers.
- You should be mostly writing about digital marketing, SEO, content marketing, competitor research, PPC, social media, etc
- Regularly update your blog (1 to 3 times per week).
Here’s the simple step by step tutorial for getting started with the Semrush affiliate program.
Step 1: Click here to register for Semrush. It’s completely free to join.
Here’s what their registration page looks like;
Step 2: As you can see above, you just need to enter basic details like name, email, etc to get started with your Semrush application. Click on the Sign Up button to continue.
Step 3: Once you set up your account, sign in to your account to start promoting Semrush within your blog posts or email newsletters to generate commissions.
3 BIGGEST Benefits of Using Semrush Affiliate
So why should you even bother about promoting Semrush? What are the top benefits? Although there are a ton of reasons to promote their affiliate program but here are top 3 reasons (read benefits) to promote their tool.
1. $200 commission per sale!
SEMrush SEO tool pricing plans start at $120 per month ($119.95) and you earn $200 on every sale.
That’s a good chunk, right?
2. Last-click and 120 days’ cookie life
120 days of cookie life is provided with all your affiliate referral links. They also offer a “Last-click” attribution model. That means all of the credit i.e commission is attributed to the very last channel the customer interacted with before making a purchase.
So if you can create contents that let you introduce Semrush to your audience for the first time, you’ll have plenty of chances and time to turn them into sales.
Not only that, they pre-approve all affiliate applications, so it only takes a few minutes to get started to promote their product.
3. They have an AMAZING product for you to promote
If you have a bad product to promote, you will NEVER make enough sales (even if you’re a smart affiliate marketer). Every successful affiliate marketer knows one thing: to make thousands of dollars in affiliate income they need a great product to promote.
Semrush is absolutely a KILLER product that offers a ton of useful tools and features that include;
- Keyword research (including Keyword Magic tool which helps you easily find low competitive keywords)
- Domain vs Domain comparison (which helps you set side-by-side domains’ comparisons)
- CPC maps (discover average CPC in your niche across different regions)
- Keyword position tracking
- Site audits (to find and fix your website’s technical and SEO related issues)
- Social Media Tracker
- Brand monitoring tool
- Backlink audit tool (helps you find and remove potentially toxic backlinks)
- Backlink analysis tool (to help you find all the backlink sources of any website in the world)
- Competitor analysis tools (to spy on your competitors sites)
- And the list goes on
All in all, Semrush gives you access to over 50 awesome SEO tools that help you grow your sales, traffic and conversions online.
Even if you can cover some of the features offered by Semrush through your content (blog posts or videos), you’ll have higher chances to convert your leads into sales.
5 PROVEN Ways to Promote Semrush SEO Tool to Earn More Sales
So what kind of content to create to generate more sales from Semrush?
See, promoting any affiliate program that makes money is not easy. It’s even harder when you promote premium SEO toolkits like Semrush.
Yes, you can throw some affiliate links here and there on your blog or social media sites but you won’t get any sales that way.
You should be tactical while promoting affiliate products.
You should have a content strategy to promote high-end affiliate products like Semrush.
The best part about promoting Semrush is that you don’t necessarily need a website. Yes, having a website is the #1 way to get more sales but you can also promote their SEO tool on social media, email lists etc.
You can share your affiliate links across multiple channels including;
- Email newsletters
- Video tutorials
- Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter etc
- Website (or blog posts)
So let’s now talk about the above-mentioned 5 best ways to promote Semrush SEO tool to increase your earnings with Semrush affiliate program.
The money is in the list. Almost every successful affiliate marketer knows the power of email marketing.
In fact, email gives you the HIGHEST ROI of $38 on every dollar you spend. Also, 66% of consumers make a purchase directly after getting an email.
So if you want to promote premium affiliate products like Semrush, you should definitely start building an email list.
Here are some ideas to use your email list effectively to promote Semrush.
- Offer checklists to your subscribers (if you already have some tutorials around SEO tools like Semrush, you can offer content upgrades like checklists to collect more emails)
- Create “dedicated email courses” around SEO as it can help you talk about keyword research, site audits, competitor analysis etc where you can promote tools like Semrush.
2. Blog posts
We have written a ton of blog posts, detailed tutorials and case studies around SEO tools. Most of them also covered the Semrush SEO toolkit which helped us generate a lot of affiliate sales.
Blog posts always work like a charm in increasing affiliate sales. Do you know why? Because blog posts help you create awareness about the products. By creating genuine and in-depth product reviews, you will often get more sales.
Here are some solid tips to create blog posts that actually convert into sales.
- Define your target audience. You should know their wants and needs. Come up with a solid topic idea that helps your audience to solve a problem. Then, you can start promoting Semrush to solve a particular problem (such as “link building”, “keyword research”, “site audits” and the list goes on)
- Write product reviews as they work like a charm. Create in-depth reviews around Semrush or its features and talk in detail about each one of those features. Include pros, cons and alternatives so your audience can decide what’s better for them.
SEO takes time. Paid traffic needs investment. Social media can be used to get more traffic really quickly. You can find and join relevant groups on Facebook. Post some useful content, leave insightful comments, build a small tribe.
Add as much value as you can with social media. Participate in Twitter chats that are related to SEO. engage with other people on social media who mostly talk about SEO.
Not only you’ll learn more and find some interesting things around SEO but you can also find plenty of opportunities to promote tools like Semrush.
Here are some ideas to promote Semrush on social media to get more sales.
- Conduct giveaways. You can run contests where people can sign up for free trials of Semrush using your affiliate links. In return, you can offer them some freebies (be it eBooks, checklists, informative products or whatever that’s related to your niche)
- Join relevant groups that allow you to promote your blog posts. Find SEO related groups where you can engage with other bloggers. You can also join our BloggersPassion Facebook group from here.
- Give a try to Facebook ads. Start with a limited budget ($100/week) and experiment with ad copies. Find out what’s working well for you. Create dedicated landing pages around Semrush to grow your sales.
eBooks always produce great results. If you want to build an audience and create awareness about some products, eBooks can work great. The key here is to create an eBook around ONE particular topic. You should solve one particular problem from every eBook you create.
Don’t focus on covering too many topics as it won’t give you great conversions.
To promote Semrush, you can try creating eBooks around;
- Keyword research
- Competitor analysis
- Paid ads
- Brand monitoring
- Talking about all the features of SEMrush
- And the list goes on
Quick note: We published our first PAID eBook around “Keyword Research” which talks about finding profitable keywords. It’s extremely useful for beginners. So make sure to check it out.
5. Video tutorials
Did you know that 44% of consumers prefer learning about a product by watching a video about it? That’s true.
Videos are evergreen. You can use them within your blog posts, social media sites, upload on to your YouTube channel to get more views.
You can talk about all the features of Semrush and make dedicated video tutorials. Make sure to properly optimize your videos for better results. You can check out these incredible YouTube SEO tips to get more views on your videos.
Semrush has a detailed 18-minute long video on how to market their tool to increase your affiliate sales. We highly recommend you to watch it if you’re just getting started with their affiliate program.
Semrush Plans And Commission Structure
SEMrush offers 3 pricing options which include;
- Pro plan
- Guru plan
- Business plan
No matter which plan you sell, you generate $200! Also, if someone grabs a free trial using your link, you get a FLAT $10 commission.
Pros And Cons of Semrush Program
Here are some of the pros and cons of using Semrush affiliate program.
- $200 commission on every successful sale
- Completely free to join and instant account setup
- Offers you “Last-Click” and 120 days cookie life
- Free trials are provided for everyone who’s promoting Semrush (starts with 7-day free trials)
- Their Impact.com affiliate dashboard contains a lot of data where you can see the date of purchase, the number of visits, sign-ups, sales, and so on
- They’ve discontinued the “recurring commission” model
Should You Become An Affiliate With Semrush?
If you’re a blogger, affiliate marketer or an SEO, you should definitely try Semrush.
Semrush offers you a $200 commission on all of its plans. By using the right content marketing strategies, you can definitely improve your overall earnings with Semrush.
If your target audiences are running blogs, websites, apps, YouTube channels etc – you can easily convince them to purchase Semrush SEO toolkit.
Why? Because it offers a wide range of tools that help them with a ton of things including keyword research, link building, competitor analysis and so on.
If you already have a blog, it’s a great way to promote their tool. If not, you can also use your email lists, social media sites, videos etc to promote their product.
Who should AVOID it?
If you’re running adult, gambling and coupon promoting websites, you are simply not allowed to register for their affiliate program. You should be at least 18 years old to join.
You will not receive commissions for self-referrals (that means you can’t use your own affiliate links to purchase their plans).
You are also not allowed to refer to the company you work for and receive commissions for such referrals.
Top 3 Semrush Affiliate Program Alternatives
Semrush affiliate program is definitely one of the best affiliate programs for bloggers.
But are there any other alternatives as well?
Yes, there are a few more Semrush alternatives that you can join as an affiliate to earn more money online. Here are the top 3 alternatives to the Semrush affiliate program.
1. Serpstat Affiliate Program: 30% Recurring Commission
Serpstat pricing starts at $69 per month and they offer 30% recurring commission. So if you’re looking for some affordable SEO tools, you can give it a try.
- 30% recurring commission
- Cookie length is 30 days (that means you will be credited with the referral as long as the visitor signs up through your affiliate link for a paid account within 30 days)
- Payments are made via PayPal once the minimum threshold limit reaches $50
- Here’s the sign up link to join Serpstat affiliate program
Above all, there’s a unique benefit of promoting Serpstat for affiliate marketers as you can pay for your Serpstat subscription. Here’s how it works. The amount earned through the affiliate program will be multiplied by 1.5. That means if you have $50 in your Bonus Account, it will count for $75 when paying for your subscription.
2. SpyFu Affiliate Program: 40% Recurring Commission
SpyFu is a leading competitor research tool (and a great alternative to Semrush) which pays you 40% recurring commission on all of their plans.
- 40% recurring commission
- 1-year cookie life (that means you will be credited with the referral as long as the visitor signs up for a paid account within 365 days)
- Payments are made via PayPal and Wire transfer once the minimum threshold limit reaches $150 and you’ll get paid twice a month
- You can use PPC (Pay Per Click) ads to promote SpyFu and they have an average conversion rate of 2.5%
- Here’s the registration link to join SpyFu affiliate program
3. Mangools SEO affiliate program: 30% Recurring Commission
KWFinder is one of our favorite SEO tools for keyword research. KWFinder is a part of Mangools SEO tools and it gives you access to a couple of tools including SERPChecker, SERPWatcher, LinkMiner etc. They offer 30% recurring commission for all the affiliates.
- 30% recurring commission
- Cookies are valid for 30 days
- The commissions are paid once a month via PayPal (minimum threshold limit is $150)
- High and quick conversions (according to their data, more than 67% of users who subscribed, decided to do so within the first 24 hours after registration, which is really great!)
- Here’s the sign up link to join Mangools tools affiliate program
SEO Tools Worth Trying:
- Semrush 30 Days Free Trial: Try Pro or Guru Account for Free Now
- Serpstat Review: Is it the Best SEO Tool?
- What is Semrush?
- SpyFu Review: Is It the Best Competitor Analysis Tool?
- KWFinder Review: Is It the Only Keyword Research Tool You Need?
- Mangools SEO Tools Review with 40% OFF
FAQs About Semrush Affiliate Program
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Semrush affiliate program.
Yes, it’s absolutely free to sign up. The best part is that they pre-approve all the affiliate sign up requests so you can get started within a few minutes. Here’s the link to register for a free account.
You will earn $200 commission for every single successful sale of Semrush subscription plan (including Pro, Business, Gur) that comes through your referral link. For trials, you get $10.
It depends on your audience, niche and the topics you cover. That said, you should definitely try the following things to boost your Semrush affiliate sales.
→ Training courses
→ Product reviews and comparisons
→ Discounts, offers etc
→ Video tutorials
→ eBooks, checklists
→ In-depth case studies (if Semrush helped you with sales or traffic, you can do a Semrush case study!)
Semrush is a premium tool that charges a minimum of $119.95 per month for their entry-level plan and they have a user base of 10 million marketing professionals worldwide. Now you can imagine how Semrush makes money.
Semrush Keyword Magic Tool, Ahrefs Keyword Explorer, and KWFinder by Mangools are some of the best keyword research tools.
Final Thoughts on Semrush Affiliate Program
If you’re searching for an SEO tool that offers a HUGE commission, Semrush is the perfect affiliate program for you.
Not only does it help you generate a $200 commission on each sale but their affiliate customer support is extremely supportive.
If you’ve the right SEO and content marketing strategy, you can also make thousands of dollars in commission by promoting Semrush. So what are your thoughts? Did you like our detailed review of Semrush affiliate program helpful?