The best side hustles for women are;
- Starting a blog or YouTube channel
- Selling your own services such as writing, web design, SEO, etc
- Selling own products such as printables, handmade products, courses, etc
If you’re looking for legitimate ways for women to make money, this post is for you where you’ll discover;
- Ten best side hustles for females
- Potential earnings of each hustle
- Best tips to make money from those hustles and much more
Are you ready? Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Ways for Women to Make Money (Side Hustles for Women)
- FAQs on side jobs for women
- Final thoughts on women side hustles
Top 10 Ways for Women to Make Money (Side Hustles for Women)
1. Start a Blog
- Potential Earnings: $500 to $5000+ a month (depending on your audience)
- Description: Create and monetize a blog through ads, affiliate marketing, or selling products or services.
Blogging is an excellent side hustle for women. It requires minimal upfront costs and the earning potential is HUGE.
We launched our blog BloggersPassion in 2010. The blog generates over $15,000 monthly, mostly from passive income sources.
If you’re looking for a side hustle that helps you build relationships with other bloggers, grow your personal brand, and make money – blogging is the BEST option.
The best part? You can monetize your blog in many ways, including;
- Affiliate marketing
- Sponsored posts
- Selling your own products
- Display ads, and much more
So, how much does it cost to start your own blog? Going with a popular web host like Hostinger costs just under $3 per month. Yes, that’s true.
Here’s a quick tutorial on starting your own blog with Hostinger;
Click on this special link to visit Hostinger’s website.
As you can see, their premium plan costs just $2.69/mo. You can grab their premium web hosting plan only for $129 for 48 months. Have a look;
Looking for other plans? Hostinger offers the following pricing plans in shared web hosting.
1. Single plan: This plan is perfect for beginners. You can host 1 website and it costs only $1.79/mo. You’ll get 50 GB SSD Storage with free weekly backups.
2. Premium plan: This plan costs only $2.69/mo, where you can install up to 100 websites, along with 100 GB SSD storage and free weekly backups.
3. Business plan: This plan costs only $3.59/mo, where you can install up to 100 websites, get up to 5x Performance along with 200 GB NVMe Storage and free daily backups.
If you need help launching your WordPress blog on Hostinger, mail us at [email protected], and we’ll gladly help.
- Potential Earnings: $20-30 per hour
- Description: Help businesses manage their social media accounts, create content, engage with followers, run social media ads, etc.
Do you have basic writing, networking, web design, and social media analytics skills? Then, you can make money off social media sites.
According to Statista, the ad spending in the “Social Media Advertising” market is projected to reach over $207.10 billion in 2023 and is expected to reach over $247 billion by 2027.
So, there’s a huge demand for social media managers.
As a social media manager, you’ll be mostly responsible for creating and managing content on social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Many full-time bloggers and businesses are looking for talented people who can generate better user engagement on their social media accounts.
Here are some proven tips to make money as a social media manager;
- Before you become a social media manager, learn the basics right. You need to understand and master a few things, like how to create engaging content, use the relevant hashtags, how to track and analyze results, etc.
- You need a portfolio. If you want to attract high-paying clients, you need to showcase your skills. That’s why building a portfolio helps. You can show all the successful social media campaigns you have run or samples of social media content you have created.
- If you’re just starting without a portfolio, offer your social media services for free for a month or two. If you can generate buzz (in terms of more followers, traffic, etc.), you can easily turn your free gigs into paid gigs.
- Find proper clients. There are MANY ways to find social media jobs. You can network with people in your industry, reach out to businesses or website owners directly, or advertise your services online. You can also join Facebook or LinkedIn groups to connect with other freelancers and social media managers.
3. Sell Printables on Etsy
- Potential Earnings: Create and sell digital products, such as printable planners, coloring pages, or stickers, on Etsy.
- Description: $5-20 per item
One of the best side hustles for women that generates passive income is selling printables.
Printables (also known as digital downloads) are items that you can download immediately after buying them online. Examples of printables are;
- Business card templates
- Knitting patterns
- Sewing patterns
- T-Shirt printables
- Flash cards
You can use tools like Canva, Google Slides/Sheets, Creative Market (for fonts) to create printables.
The best part? You can sell your printables on your own website or on platforms like Etsy.
Here are some ideas to sell printables online.
- Choose what type of printables you want to sell. Is it t-shirt printables? Business cards? Or art printables with quotes?
- Pick a platform. Either use your own website or platforms like Etsy or Shopify to market and sell your printables.
- Market your printables. Promotion is the key. Use social media sites or run paid ads on different platforms like Instagram, Pinterest, etc to attract potential buyers.
4. Sell Domains for Profit
- Potential Earnings: It depends on your domains
- Description: Buy and sell domain names that are likely to be valuable to businesses or individuals.
Buying and selling domain names is one of the easy side hustles for females.
Did you know that the Business.com domain was sold for $345 million in 2007, which was bought for $7.5 million in 1999? Investing.com domain was acquired for $2.45 million in 2012.
There are also stories of people who bought domains for a few hundred dollars and sold them years later for millions.
The domain name market is a multi-billion dollar industry, and it is constantly growing. There’s always a huge demand for short, catchy, and memorable domain names.
Want to know how to make money by flipping domains? Here are some proven tips for you.
- Find domains that offer value. For example, Investing.com, Cars.com, SEO.com, etc – ALL have one thing in common: they’re just one word and easy to remember. Similarly, find domains that would be a valuable asset to the buyer.
- Use domain generator tools like Lean Domain Search, Nameboy, etc to find available domain names quickly. Purchase the domain immediately if no one owns it.
- Look for expired domains. An expired domain is a domain that has not been renewed after its contract ends. There are many marketplaces to buy expired domains, including Namecheap, GoDaddy, etc.
- Use tools like Namebio.com to evaluate the domain prices. Find out the similar domain names you own, at what price they actually sold for, and when.
5. Become a YouTuber
- Potential Earnings: It depends on the views you generate
- Description: Create videos on a topic you are passionate about and earn money through advertising, sponsorships, or affiliate marketing.
Did you know that 98% of Americans visit YouTube monthly, and almost two-thirds visit daily? YouTube is the BIGGEST search engine after Google.
If you’re NOT interested in launching a blog, YouTube can be a great side hustle idea.
The key to becoming a successful female YouTuber is to pick a niche and stick to it.
Observe any successful YouTuber, you’ll notice one thing: they create videos on one SPECIFIC topic.
Be it lifestyle, travel, gadgets or entertainment – pick one niche.
Here are a few quick tips to make money as a female YouTuber;
- Be consistent with your video uploads. Try to publish your first 100 videos without focusing on the views, comments or money. You’ll definitely build a following!
- Use relevant keywords in your video titles and descriptions so that people can easily find your videos. Use tools like vidIQ or Semrush to find related keywords around your niche.
- Create engaging thumbnails that will capture people’s attention. Thumbnails and titles are EVERYTHING when it comes to getting more views on your videos.
- If you’re just getting started, run contests and giveaways. It is the fastest way to attract new viewers and build a quick following on YouTube.
6. Sell Your Services
- Potential Earnings: Offer your services as a virtual assistant, web designer, or social media manager.
- Description: $15-50 per hour (depending on your skills and experience)
If you’re looking for a faster way to earn online, offer services such as SEO, content writing, web design, etc.
Here are some of the best ways to make money as a female by offering services.
- Identify your target market. You need to identify your skills. What are you good at? Who are you trying to reach with your services? Once you know who your target market is, you can offer services that attract high-paying clients.
- Build a strong portfolio to showcase your skills and experience. No one likes to buy services from a noob. Use a website or platforms like Upwork to build a portfolio.
- Create a unique selling point (USP). What sets you apart from other freelancers in your field? Maybe you have experience in a specific nich, or maybe you offer a unique set of services. Find it out and highlight it to market your services.
7. Make Money with Canva
- Potential Earnings: Create and sell Canva templates, graphics, or designs.
- Description: $5-20 per item
Did you know you can make hundreds of dollars monthly with Canva?
Canva is a popular graphic design platform that helps you create stunning visuals, including graphics, illustrations, presentations, etc.
One of the most popular ways to make money with Canva is to create and sell Canva templates. You can try various things, such as social media templates, business templates, or wedding templates.
Then, you can use platforms like Etsy, Creative Market, and TemplateMonster to sell those templates.
Here are some tips to make money with Canva.
- Start with logos. Why? Many small businesses need help designing logos. Almost every website needs a captivating logo to attract people’s attention. Canva is an excellent tool for creating professional-looking logos, even without design experience.
- Create eBook covers. Thousands of authors publish and sell eBooks on platforms like Amazon. You can use Canva to design your eBook’s cover, layout, etc and sell for high profits.
- Start an online Canva course. If you’re really good at designing appealing graphics with Canva, you can start an online course to teach others how to use the platform. You can sell your course on platforms like Udemy and Skillshare.
- You can also create and sell marketing videos using Canva, as it offers an easy-to-use video editor. You can create and sell marketing videos and ads for local small businesses that don’t have HUGE budgets to spend!
8. Get Paid to Read
- Potential Earnings: $1 to $5 per hour
- Description: Sign up for a website that will pay you to read books, articles, or surveys.
Did you know that you can get paid to read?
Yes, there are a TON of websites that will pay you to read books, articles, etc.
Your job mainly involves book reviewing, where you offer your thoughts on a book after reading it.
The amount of money you earn will depend on several things, including;
- The website
- The length of the content
- The type of review you are asked to write, etc.
You need to keep just ONE thing in mind: be honest and unbiased while writing your reviews.
Why? The ultimate goal is to provide helpful and informative feedback to potential readers.
You can try this idea if you’re looking for a fun and rewarding way to earn extra money.
Here are some websites you can try to get paid to read and write reviews online.
- Kirkus Reviews (you should write about a 350-word review in two weeks’ time)
- NewPages.com (write reviews with 200 words maximum on the latest literary magazine, book, etc.)
- BooklistOnline.com ($15 for each review)
So, if you’re a voracious reader of books, you should definitely check out the above websites to get paid.
9. Sell Handmade Products
- Potential Earnings: Create and sell your own handmade products, such as jewelry, clothing, or home decor.
- Description: $10-200+ per item
Handmade crafts like paper handicrafts, ceramics, glass handicrafts, jewelry, etc are always in high demand.
Do you know why? These items are made by hand and are typically of higher quality than those products produced by a machine.
Here are some tips to make money by selling handmade products as a side hustle.
Do research: You don’t want to sell any random handmade products. You need to pick something unique.
You can ask yourself questions like;
- What kind of handmade products do you love to make?
- What are you good at making?
- What handmade products are in high demand?
- What products can I easily (and quickly) sell online?
Once you’ve done research, you can start to focus on creating products that people are likely to buy.
Create high-quality products: No matter what you sell, your products should be well-made and visually appealing. You can sell at higher rates if you use high-quality materials and take the time to craft your products.
Also, take great photos of your products, as they’re most important in making a sale. Take clear, well-lit photos that show your products from all angles. You can also research the products in your niche to see how well they’re shown.
Offer customization options: Here’s a quick tip if you sell handmade products: offer customization for your products. Why? People love to be able to customize products to their own liking, including things like choosing different colors, sizes, or patterns.
Above all, promotion is the key to selling more handmade products. Pick a platform like Etsy, Amazon Handmade, or Shopify to sell products. Then, promote as much as you can using platforms like;
- Social media ads
- Paid ads on Google
- Building an email list
- Through your own website, etc.
If you want to attract more customers, run sales and promotions as frequently as possible. Offer discounts or coupon codes for first-time visitors who are interested in purchasing your products.
10. Teach English Online
- Potential Earnings: $10-25 per hour
- Description: Teach English to students or people in other countries.
If you’re a native English speaker or good at English, you can make money by teaching English online as a side hustle.
There’s a HUGE demand for English worldwide, as billions of people want to get better English speaking. You can either use your own website to offer English tutoring classes or use platforms like Cambly, Italki, Qkids, etc to make money online.
Here are some tips to help you make money by teaching English online.
Specialize in a niche: Anyone can teach English, but if you want to charge higher rates, pick a specialized niche and build your expertise in a particular area, such as teaching business English or preparing students for exams.
Offer group classes: If you want to save time and earn more, try group classes. You can teach multiple students offline (or online). But, it’s important to be able to manage a group of students effectively.
Teach during peak hours: Did you know that the demand for online English lessons is HIGHER during peak hours, such as evenings and weekends? You can charge higher rates if you can hustle during weekends and teach during these times.
Get TEFL certified: Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) certificate, although NOT required by all companies or platforms. But it is a good way to let your clients know you can teach English online. There are many different TEFL certification programs available, both online and in-person.
FAQs on side jobs for women
Here are some FAQs on ways for women to make money.
There are many ways to earn money from home including;
– Starting a blog, YouTube channel or podcast
– Selling affiliate products
– Selling printables
There are many ways for a woman to earn a side income. Here are a few ideas:
– Social media manager
– Freelance writing
– Online tutoring
Here are a few things you can sell to make money every day:
– Handmade items
– Digital products such as eBooks, online courses, and printables
– Services like freelance writing, editing, design, and web development
– Subscriptions such as online courses
Your wife can make money from home in many of the same ways as women in general, such as freelancing, becoming a social media influencer, starting a website, etc.
- Benefits of Blogging: 9 Advantages of a Blog in 2023
- 11 Best Website Ideas for Beginners to Start in 2023
- 11 Best Digital Products that You Can Sell Today
- 9 Best Side Hustle Ideas for 2023 to Earn Thousands of Dollars
- Best Side Hustles for Teens to Earn Some Income in 2024
- Top Side Hustles for College Students to Earn More in 2023
Final thoughts on women side hustles
No matter what side hustle you pick as a woman, make sure to consider your skills and interests.
The amount of money you earn from these side hustles will depend on several things, including your skills, the amount of time you put into it, and the demand for your products.
So, what are your thoughts on the side hustles for girls mentioned here? What’s your favorite? If you’ve any questions, let us know in the comments.