Product Name: WPX Hosting
Looking for a faster, better and secure web host to run your WordPress sites? Try WPX Hosting then.
You’ll get excellent features like free site migration, free daily backups, fixed for you guarantee, etc. Use BloggersPassion (coupon code) to get 50% discount for the first month on all WPX plans.
I am going to share my personal experience in this WPX hosting review article.
I have been using WPX Hosting at BloggersPassion since 2016 (over seven years). Earlier, I had been using HostGator, but their pathetic customer service forced me to switch to WPX hosting.
WPX Hosting is a premium web hosting provider known for its high-performance WordPress hosting services. Their focus on speed, reliability, exceptional customer support, and top-notch security has made them a popular choice among bloggers, businesses, and website owners.
In my seven years of experience with WPX Hosting, I have never encountered any significant issues. Their hosting services have consistently provided the reliability and performance I need for my websites.
I have thoroughly tested and experienced every aspect of their hosting, including speed, security, and customer support.
If you’re considering WPX Hosting and seeking genuine reviews, you’re in the right place.
In this detailed review, you’ll find out the details, along with the reason why I moved from HostGator to WPX in the first place.
Table of Contents ☰
- Why I Switched From HostGator to WPX Hosting?
- WPX Hosting Review 2024: Why Use Their Hosting Over Others?
- WPX Hosting Alternatives
- FAQs | WPX Reviews In 2024
- Final Thoughts On WPX WordPress Hosting Review
Why I Switched From HostGator to WPX Hosting?
I had a bad experience with my previous hosting, HostGator, which is the main reason to write this WPX WordPress hosting review. Several years ago, my site, BloggersPassion, got hacked with malicious scripts (to steal some of our backlinks).
I tried a lot to get “professional help” from the HostGator customer support team, but they never bothered about our site’s security and showed zero interest in solving the issue.
That’s when I realized the importance of having a web host that offers you “faster yet professional customer support assistance”.
After conducting extensive research and consulting with a few friends, I reached the conclusion that WPX hosting is the best option. Once I signed up for WPX Hosting, they immediately cleaned up all the mess, and they also migrated our site to their hosting servers within a few minutes for FREE.
My first impression was, “Wow, what else I need.”
Ever since I migrated from HostGator to WPX, I never regretted our decision.
If you’re curious, here are 3 major reasons to switch from HostGator.
- They don’t take security precautions. If you are looking for a secure hosting service, HostGator should be your last choice.
- Their customer support sucks. They don’t solve your hosting-related issues. They literally take hours to respond to your queries on “live chat.”
- They don’t offer daily backups (unlike WPX hosting or WP Engine). If your site ever gets hacked, you are going to spend a lot of money and time to retrieve your website files and data.
These were the reasons I decided to ditch their hosting and move to WPX hosting, a better, safer, reliable, and faster hosting.
In this comprehensive WPX Hosting review, I’ll delve into the detailed reasons behind my decision to move to WPX from HostGator hosting back in May 2016. I’ll also share insights from my seven-year experience with WPX Hosting.
WPX Hosting Review 2024: Why Use Their Hosting Over Others?
Features You Get With WPX Hosting Plans
Here’s a list of a few of the features and benefits you get with WPX hosting plans.
- High speed WPX Cloud CDN (which is newly introduced to make your site performance faster than ever)
- Unlimited Site Migrations (so you can migrate your site from an existing hosting to WPX hosting at free of cost, most site transfers won’t take even a day)
- Unlimited SSLs to make your site go from http to https
- 24/7 customer support with 30 Seconds Average Response Time
- Staging Area
- Access to Email accounts
- Enterprise-Level DDoS Protection to safeguard your site
- 28 Day Automatic Full Backups (so you can restore all your lost data any time)
- Malware Scanning & Removal
- PHP 7.X, PHP 8.0 and HTTPS/2 enabled
- 1-Click WordPress Installations (to easily install WordPress on WPX hosting just with a click)
- USA, UK and Australia Hosting locations, so you can choose any of them which is nearer to you for faster loading times.
If you’re looking for the fastest and most secure hosting environment for WordPress sites, I HIGHLY recommend WPX hosting.
Top Reasons to Consider WPX Hosting for WordPress Sites
Here are a few top reasons and benefits to choose WPX hosting to host your WordPress sites in 2024.
1. WPX Hosting Provides “Fixed for You Guarantee”
One of the major reasons I migrated my site BloggersPassion from HostGator to WPX hosting is security.
I had a lot of security issues with HostGator previously, and they sucked at solving the customers’ security problems, and the HostGator customer support team is one of the worst.
The great thing about WPX hosting is they offer you a “fixed for you guarantee,” which means even if your site gets hacked, they will fix your security issues and give you a fully working site at no additional cost. So you’re in safe hands.
Just have a look at what you’ll get from their “Fixed for You Guarantee.”
As you can see above, their team will fix the problem for free ASAP.
WPX hosting offers you excellent security features like Enterprise-level DDoS Protection, daily Malware scans, application firewalls, spam protection, and even WHOIS Privacy to safeguard your sites. Even then, if your site gets hacked, they will fix it for you for free.
2. Superfast “Managed WordPress Hosting”
Every user gets managed hosting so you can boost your overall website performance and site speed.
Honestly speaking, I give too much importance to my website speed. When I was hosting my site on HostGator, it usually used to take nearly 3 seconds to load.
But once switched to WPX, my blog speed skyrocketed. It’s now loading within a half second (just 0.38 sec loading time). That’s incredible.
Overall, website speed was increased by more than 200%. That’s a great change after shifting to another hosting platform.
It became possible because of the managed hosting servers offered by WPX hosting. So, if you are in search of faster hosting, you should start using WPX hosting.
3. Offers Free Enterprise-Level DDoS Protection
A denial-of-service (DoS) attack is an attempt to make network resources unavailable (which can be your blog or website) to its intended users, such as to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend the services of a host connected to the Internet.
In a DDoS attack, the source is often thousands of unique IP addresses. It is analogous to a group of people crowding the entry door or gate to a website and not letting legitimate visitors enter the website, disrupting normal operations.
Here are a few problems that you can face when your site is attacked by DDoS.
- Dramatic increase in the number of spam emails received
- Unusually slow network performance (which makes your site load extremely slower)
- Unavailability of a website
- Inability to access any website
- And the list goes on
WPX hosting provides free Enterprise-level DDoS protection to all WPX Hosting customers with Incapsula, which is an industry leader in DDoS security.
Quick note: DDoS protection is completely free for all WPX Hosting customers. This DDoS protection alone is expensive and normally costs at least $299 per website per month with Incapsula directly. Fortunately, WPX hosting is actually using a higher Enterprise plan than the $299, so you don’t have to pay even a penny to get that service.
The great thing about using Incapsula for DDoS protection is that Incapsula is guaranteed to mitigate any DDoS attack in under 10 seconds, regardless of its size, and without getting in the way of legitimate traffic. So you’re in safe hands!
Whether you know it or not, security is one of the ranking factors in Google. Sites with HTTPS version are preferred by Google as compared to the sites with HTTP.
According to SangFroid Web, “Data from Google Chrome usage shows that more than 70 percent of Chrome users are visiting HTTPS-enabled websites, which indicates that browsing via HTTPS is becoming the norm. Armed with that data, Google is taking steps to ‘encourage’ the global adoption of SSL/HTTPS.”
So, using WPX hosting can help you easily install SSL certificates (which make your site from HTTP to HTTPS) free of cost.
4. Daily Malware Scanning & Free Malware Removal
WPX Hosting is the ONLY hosting company that offers a “FREE Malware Removal” service if your website gets hacked.
You might come across websites that contain malware notice like this;
If you see websites with the above notice, they are mostly hacked due to malware attacks. If you’re using WPX hosting, you’ll be free from all of such headaches.
The majority of hosting companies provide malware removal for a fee. Whereas WPX hosting offers FREE malware removal if your site is affected by any malware-related issues.
Their Malware Removal service will work alongside their existing daily Malware scanning to help keep any attackers away.
If at any point you need security assistance or believe your site may be infected, you can raise a support ticket with WPX hosting from here.
Security is one more big reason to use WPX Hosting as it offers “bulletproof security features to safeguard your WordPress sites”.
Here’s a list of some security precautions that are taken by WPX Hosting
- Constantly updated WAF (Web Application Firewall)
- Enterprise-level DDOS protection provided by Incapsula
- Daily malware scans are performed across all the sites that are hosted on WPX Hosting servers
- Daily system-wide malware removal at no additional cost to you
- They will also clean up malicious redirects, backdoors, script injections, and so on
Above all, individual site audits are also performed by the WPX Malware Team in special cases (in case your site is infected by any malware).
5. Daily Backups and 99.95% Uptime Guarantee!
WPX offers you a daily backup of your whole site.
In case you lose all your website files (in the worst-case scenario), it is still possible to get all that data back without much effort or paying anything extra.
WPX hosting service doesn’t charge anything for doing daily backups. All of their hosting plans included daily backups as a “feature.”
Another important feature of their hosting is a 99.95% uptime guarantee. That means, almost every single time, your site will get loaded without any glitches.
When your site doesn’t show up anything while visitors browsing your content is the worst thing ever. So better uptime gives you more edge over your competitors.
6. Free Unlimited Site Migration from Existing Host
Migration from one hosting to another takes time and is difficult, too if you don’t have any technical skills.
But if you are not happy with your existing hosting service and want to move from it to WPX hosting, you are fortunate. They will migrate your sites from your existing hosting service to the WPX hosting servers for free.
All you need do is connect with their customer staff, give your website hosting details, buy hosting from them, and you are done. Everything else will be taken care of by their customer support team for free.
8. WPX Hosting vs. Competitor Hostings: Get Two Months of Free Hosting
WPX offers exceptional pricing plans that beat their competitors like WPEngine, Kinsta, and Rocket.net.
Here’s the WPX hosting latest pricing comparison with other hosting sites.
As you can see, WPX hosting is where you can install up to 5 websites even with their basic plan, which costs you just $20.83 per month with an annual plan ($24.99 with a monthly plan) where you get exclusive features like
- Incapsula DDoS protection
- PayPal payment option
- Unlimited site migrations for free
- Unlimited email addresses and so on
9. Ground Breaking 24×7 Support Staff
Customer service at HostGator is the worst of all. They don’t care about their customers at all. They are least bothered about solving their customers’ issues, and their response time is even 2 hours sometimes (even on a live chat)!!
But when I connected to WPX customer staff, they responded to all my queries and issues related to hosting really quickly. I was so amazed at this experience, and this is one of the major reasons for me to move from HostGator to WPX hosting without thinking much.
Pro tip: Don’t go for any web hosting service without knowing about their customer support. If their support sucks, you will hate yourself, and in the process, you waste a lot of time and money. Google about their customer staff and read all the customer reviews. This WPXhosting review is not written to persuade you to buy their hosting, but their customer support team is just amazing.
You never know when your site gets random issues like slow loading times, caching issues, browser issues (or even malware attacks). That’s when you need to act fast.
Here’s where professional customer support who assists you faster with your site issues can be a lifesaver. WPX offers support assistance 24/7/365 via tickets, e-mails, and LiveChat.
Just have a look at the recent support chat I had with the WPX Hosting team.
As you can see above, you can expect faster responses from their team. In fact, their customer support team responds to your queries within 30 to 40 seconds.
WPX Hosting Customer Reviews & Rating
WPX hosting is receiving a lot of positive buzz, especially from customers all over the web.
Here are a few of WPX reviews from real customers on the major review platforms;
4.9 out of 5 score on Trustpilot
On Trustpilot, WPX hosting has 4.9 ratings out of 5 from over 3100 customers.
More than 97% of users give a 5-star rating to WPX
4.7 out of 5 ratings on Facebook
WPX hosting also has positive reviews from real users on Facebook who are already using WPX hosting.
WPX Customer rating on G2
On the G2 platform, WPX got 4.7 out of 5 star ratings, which is great.
All in all, WPX reviews and feedback from real customers are great.
So what are you still waiting for?
Go grab WPX hosting now and make your site loading times super fast.
Custom Built WPX Cloud And Its Importance
Speed and super faster website performance is the #1 thing you look for while choosing a web host for your WordPress sites.
WPX Hosting recently introduced WPX cloud to make your site loading times super fast, which makes it one of the fastest WordPress hosting CDNs across the world.
CDN (content delivery network) refers to a geographically distributed group of servers that work together to provide fast delivery of Internet content. That simply means no matter where your website visitors are (be it London or Delhi), they will experience faster loading sites.
Unlike most CDNs, WPX hosting Cloud is custom-built from the ground specifically to give you faster loading times and provide high-performance WordPress hosting.
If you’re still wondering why you should even bother about WPX cloud, here are a few of the biggest benefits.
1. Faster loading times: If your website’s serving a global audience, you’ll see a big improvement with the WPX Cloud environment as WPX Hosting internal tests show improvements from 50% to 320%, depending on the website configuration and resources.
I’ve personally experienced a HUGE improvement in the website loading times as our site went from loading in 2 seconds to loading within half a second (3 times faster after enabling the WPX cloud feature).
2. It’s FREE: WPX hosting recently introduced WPX cloud to all its customers to increase the website performance on their hosting network. The best part is they are not charging even a penny extra for providing WPX cloud. It’s completely free.
3. Covering over 20 worldwide locations: WPX hosting offers over 20 worldwide locations to give better performance to your website audience as your website’s content will be served to visitors from over 20 worldwide locations, covering 6 continents, which makes it the fastest hosting environment.
Not only that, more worldwide locations mean faster loading times and better website performance if your website gets high traffic (or traffic spikes).
4. Better security: With traditional hosting units, you might face downtime issues or a few technical issues every now on then, but with Cloud-based servers, you’ll rarely face such issues. On top of that, the WPX cloud provides much better security. So if you’re looking for much better security, you should shift to WPX cloud.
5. No external CDN is needed: If you’re using WPX cloud, there’s no need to use another CDN plugin or assistance from sites like Cloudflare or others. The best part is, even without any external CDN support, WPX cloud works like a charm in providing better performance to your site.
6. Extremely easy to set up: If you’re wondering how to start using WPX cloud, there’s good news for you as all the new WPX accounts after 23rd Oct 2019 will have their Cloud CDN configured and activated by default.
Quick note: All the existing WPX Hosting customers will have to switch on the Cloud manually via their Control Panel. The details will be shared below.
How to enable WPX cloud manually?
If you’re wondering about how to start using WPX cloud for better website speeds and performance, here’s a simple tutorial.
Once you logged into your WPX dashboard, pick WPX cloud on the left which looks like this;
Then, pick your site and “Enable” the cloud of your service for an appropriate site.
Quick note: Once you enable the WPX Cloud for your website, it will take approximately 1 hour for your site to start loading through the WPX Cloud with much-improved speed performance and better speeds.
Within a minute, it will show the following service status, showing your site is now enabled with WPX cloud.
Once your site is enabled with WPX Cloud, your website speed increases to a great extent.
WPX Hosting Website Speed Test
I ran the speed test on my site Bloggerspassion.com.
Here’s the screenshot of our blog’s loading times using GTMetrix (after enabling WPX cloud).
You can see from the above screenshot our blog has 100% performance with an A grade, and the LCP (largest content element) is taking only 377 milliseconds. That’s blazing fast speed, right?
WPX Hosting Types and Pricing
WPX recently introduced WPX WooCommerce hosting plans for e-commerce websites. Earlier, WPX only offered WordPress plans.
1. WPX WordPress Hosting Plan
WPX WordPress plans are designed to provide fast and reliable hosting for WordPress websites, with each tier offering increased storage, bandwidth, and the ability to host more websites.
WPX offers the following 3 pricing plans.
1. Business: If you are running a small website or blog but want to make it run blazing fast, this plan is for you. Or if you are just starting a new blog and want better, super fast, and reliable WordPress hosting, you should consider this plan.
This plan costs you $20.83 per month, and you can host up to 5 websites with a bandwidth of 200 GB. You will also get 15 GB of disk space along with dedicated RAM and SSD servers to boost your website loading times.
2. Professional: If you want a slightly more advanced version of the above hosting plan, then the Professional plan is for you. You can have more flexibility as you can also host up to 15 sites at a time without any hassle.
This plan costs you $41.58 per month, and you can host up to 15 websites with a bandwidth of 400 GB. You will also get 30 GB of disk space along with dedicated RAM and SSD servers to boost your website speed and performance.
3. Elite: This is the most advanced plan which is most useful for high-traffic websites. If you are getting a lot of search traffic to your sites and looking for managed WordPress hosting, which is super fast, this plan is just for you.
This plan costs you $83.25 per month, and you can host up to 35 websites with UNLIMITED bandwidth. You will also get 60 GB disk space along with the dedicated RAM and SSD servers to boost your website loading speed.
2. WPX WooCommerce Hosting Plan
WPX WooCommerce hosting plans provide specialized support for WooCommerce websites, ensuring high performance, security, and reliability for your online store. They include the same features as the WordPress hosting plans, along with higher storage, bandwidth, and Redis cache.
WPX offers the following 3 WooCommerce plans.
1. Powerstore: This plan costs you $29.17 per month, and you can host 1 store with a bandwidth of 300 GB. You will also get 20 GB storage along with 4 GB RAM and 2 core CPUs to boost your website loading times.
2. Superstore: This plan costs you $62.50 per month, and you can host up to 3 stores with unlimited. You will also get 50 GB storage along with 6 GB RAM and 3-core CPUs to boost your website loading times.
3. Hyperstore: This plan costs you $125 per month, and you can host up to 5 stores with unlimited. You will also get 100 GB storage along with 8 GB RAM and 4-core CPUs to boost your website loading times.
All the WordPress and WooCommerce plans include the following incredible features.
- 24 x 7 x 365 live chat (customer support)
- Free site migrations
- Daily backups
- Daily malware scan
- 99.95% uptime guarantee
- 1-click WordPress installation
- Free email setup
- 30 days money back guarantee
WPX Hosting Pros And Cons
Let’s talk about WPX Hosting’s pros and cons.
- Free unlimited SSL certificates
- Fixed for you guarantee in case of malware attacks
- Free website migration
- Offers you WPX Cloud for faster speeds
- Industry leading 24/7 customer support assistance (as their average response time is less than 40 seconds)
- Daily backups and fully secured
- 24/7 Malware & Hack Scanning
- Full backup manager
- Staging area
- Free malware removal
- No increase on plan renewal (unlike other web hosts like Bluehost, HostGator etc)
- Monthly hosting plans are also available
- Their pricing starts at $20.83 per month (although bit expensive especially when compared to shared web hosting plans but you get all the premium features)
- It doesn’t offer you a traditional cPanel (as they have their own custom interface which of course is simple and pretty easy to use)
WPX Hosting Alternatives
Here are the top 2 alternatives to WPX hosting
- Wp Engine
1. Kinsta Hosting
If you are looking for a fast hosting platform, you can go with Kinsta. Kinsta has 35 data centers worldwide that ensure fast speed across the world.
Kinsta offers 5 hosting plans.
1. Starter: This is the cheapest plan from Kinsta, which costs $35 per month (if paid monthly) or $350 per year (i.e $30 per month) and offers the following features.
- 1 WordPress install
- 25,000 visits
- 10 GB disk space
- Free SSL, CDN, and Staging
- Free Migrations
2. Pro: you can install 2 websites with the pro plan. This plan costs $70 per month (if paid monthly) or $700 per year (i.e $58 per month), and you’ll get the following things.
- 2 WordPress installs
- 50,000 visits
- 20 GB disk space
- Free SSL, CDN, and Staging
- Free Migrations
3. Business: If you’re running an agency or looking to manage many websites under a single hosting account, go with the Business plan from Kinsta.
You’ll get access to four different pricing options in the Business plan, and the pricing starts at $115 per month and goes up to $450 per month. You’ll get the following list of features.
- Up to 40 WordPress installs
- Up to 600,000 visits
- Up to 60 GB of disk space
- Free SSL, CDN, and Staging
- Free Migrations
4. Enterprise: This plan is perfect for large agencies. It also offers four different pricing packages in the Enterprise plan, and the pricing starts at $675 per month and goes up to $1650 per month.
- Up to 150 WordPress installs
- Up to 2,500,000 visits
- Up to 250 GB disk space
- Free SSL, CDN, and Staging
- Free Migrations
If you’re looking for an affordable hosting choice, you can go with WPEngine, as its pricing starts at just $20 per month, which is at par with WPX hosting. With WPX hosting, you can install 5 websites, whereas, with WPEngine, you can install only 1 website in their starting plans.
WPEngine offers 5 plans to cater to different needs.
1. Startup: This is the cheapest plan from WPEngine, as it costs only $20 per month and offers the following features.
- Install 1 website
- Handles up to 25,000 visits
- Up to 10 GB of local storage
- Up to 50 GB of bandwidth
2. Professional: you can install up to 3 websites, which costs you $40 per month and offers the following features.
- Install up to 3 websites.
- Up to 75,000 visits
- Up to 15 GB of local storage
- Up to 125 GB of bandwidth
3. Growth: This plan is great for professionals who have multiple websites, as it lets you install up to 10 sites. It costs you $77 per month and offers the following features.
- Install up to 10 websites.
- Up to 100,000 visits
- Up to 20 GB of local storage
- Up to 200 GB of bandwidth
4. Scale: This plan is perfect for agencies and teams. It costs you $194 per month and offers the following features.
- Install up to 30 websites.
- Up to 400,000 visits per month
- Up to 50 GB of local storage
- Up to 500 GB of bandwidth
5. Custome Plan: Apart from these plans, WP Engine also offers a “Dedicated Custom” plan. You need to contact their support team to know the exact pricing. You get the following features.
- Install 30+ websites
- Handles 400,000+ visits/mo
- 50+ GB storage
- 500+ GB bandwidth/mo
WP Engine offers a 60-day money-back guarantee.
FAQs | WPX Reviews In 2024
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about WPX hosting. So make sure to read all of them if you’re still thinking about signing up for WPX hosting.
WPX hosting claims to be the world’s fastest WordPress hosting founded by Terry Kyle in 2013 with three main objectives: Speed, Support, and Simplicity.
WPX hosting is fully managed WordPress hosting powered by WPX Cloud CDN that offers 99.9% Uptime, Email Functionality, Staging Area, Platform Optimization, DDOS Protection from Incapsula, Daily Backups, Unlimited Free Site Migrations, Unlimited Free SSL Certificates, unbelievable Technical Support (under 40 seconds), and Fixed for you Guarantee.
Yes, WPX hosting offers a high-speed custom-built ‘WPX Cloud’ CDN (20+ endpoints) for all WPX customers for free.
WPX hosting offers unlimited email accounts, with every plan having no restrictions on the space being utilized.
WPX Hosting ‘Fixed For You’ (FFY) guarantees your peace of mind. Anytime you get stuck in any technical issue that affects your website performance, their support team will fix it for you for free and fast.
Yes, WPX hosting provides UK location option. You can choose the USA, Australia or the UK as a hosting location.
WPX Hosting offers 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee. This means if you don’t get satisfied with their services for some reason, you may get a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
Other Web Hosting Reviews:
Kinsta Review 2024: Is it worth The Money?
ChemiCloud Review 2024: Sharing Our Experience
Hostinger Coupon Codes 2024: A Complete List of Hostinger Promo Codes
Hostinger Review 2024: Should We Host Our Website Here?
Liquid Web Review 2024: Is it the Fastest?
Final Thoughts On WPX WordPress Hosting Review
Although WPX hosting doesn’t have decades of hosting experience, they are growing rapidly. WPX currently has 3 data center locations, including the USA, UK & Australia.
Their pricing options, unbeatable customer support, blazing-fast servers, and daily backups make their hosting truly unique and separate them from the rest of the competitors.
If you are searching for a managed WordPress, affordable, and secured web hosting service to host your WordPress sites, you should definitely start using WPX. This is the same hosting I’m currently using on my blog.
So, what do you think about the detailed and unbiased WPX hosting review? Did you find it useful? Do you have any questions? Let us know in the comment section below.