Answer The Public
Answer The Public is an incredible keyword research tool which helps you find a ton of hidden keywords in any niche. Are you curious to know more details about it? Check out our in-depth review to find all the details.
Creating great content is NOT easy. Creating content that actually generates search traffic is even more difficult.
That’s why you need to use SEO tactics like keyword research to come up with better content ideas to increase your search engine traffic.
When it comes to keyword research, there are countless tools out there. But there are only a handful of tools that offer extremely unique features. One among them is “Answer The Public”.
Table of Contents
- What is Answer The Public?
- Answer The Public Review 2020: Features, Pricing & Alternatives
- How to Effectively Use Answer The Public?
- Top 3 Answer The Public Alternatives
- FAQs About AnswerThePublic Tool
- Final Thoughts on AnswerThePublic Review
What is Answer The Public?
Answer The Public is a freemium tool that helps you with keyword research and content ideas. It displays a visualization of data and uses searches from Google and Bing.
Here’s how it looks like;
As you can see above, it offers a keyword tool that visualizes search questions and provides you plenty of keyword ideas.
It also has a huge database that is able to predict what searchers are going to ask. It offers both free and Pro versions to find better content ideas for your blog, YouTube, or other platforms.
So in this detailed Answer The Public review, let’s talk about the benefits of using this tool and we’ll also discuss how you can use this tool.
Are you ready? Let’s jump into the details.
Answer The Public Review 2020: Features, Pricing & Alternatives
Features of Answer The Public Pro
Here’s the list of some of the biggest features of using this tool;
- You can perform unlimited daily searches
- You can add unlimited users using single account
- It automatically saves the reports so you or your team can refer back to them anytime you want
- You can easily compare keyword data overtime and get new keyword ideas (for instance, you can create a report for “WordPress” today and create another for the same keyword term “WordPress” after a few months and see what new keyword suggestions are being searched for)
- You’ll get access to high resolution images for every search
- You can export your keyword data in CSV format
- Priority customer support
- You’ll also get exclusive access to language & location based results
- You can hide keyword suggestions and visualisations
- You can also hide individual results that aren’t relevant to your research
So do you want to give a try?
How to Effectively Use Answer The Public?
Answer The Public offers exceptional features to easily come up with a wide range of ideas for any topic. No matter what niche you are in, you can use this tool to come up with hundreds of topic ideas quickly.
Here’s how you can use this tool to find better keywords and increase your search traffic.
Step 1: Head over to the tool and enter a topic, brand, keyword, or product of your choice.
It’s recommended that you use just 1 or 2 words for better results.
Let’s take “YouTube” as an example.
As you can see above, you can also choose your database of choice. In this example, we’re simply going with the UK.
Step 2: Once you hit the Search button, it instantly gathers all the data around that keyword in a beautiful visualization form.
Have a look;
You can also click on the “Data” tab to see the keyword suggestions normally. Here’s how it looks like;
As you can see above, you can find around 80 questions. In this section, you can easily discover what questions people are asking using your keyword terms and find data including why, where, will, can, which, who, how, when and what.
Step 3: Dig deeper into the tool. The tool also gives you multiple forms of data including;
We’ve already displayed the “Questions” data above, let’s now talk about the remaining data.
Prepositions: In this section, you will find all the keywords based on the prepositions such as without, for, is, can, near, with and so on.
Here’s how the visualization of keyword data looks like;
As you can see above, there are plenty of great keyword ideas you’ll discover such as;
- YouTube for kids
- YouTube without ads
- YouTube to mp3 converter
- YouTube for business
Comparisons: In this section, you’ll find all the relevant comparison keywords that include and, versus, or, like etc.
Have a look;
As you can see, you’ll be provided with plenty of useful comparison keywords that include;
- YouTube vs Tiktok
- YouTube or Facebook live
- YouTube and Netflix
- YouTube vs Spotify
Alphabetical: This section is where you’ll find a list of all the keywords in alphabetical order.
For our example keyword which is “YouTube”, this tool is showing us over 200 keyword ideas in alphabetical order which looks like this;
Related: This section contains a list of all the keyword ideas that are HIGHLY relevant to your target keyword. Have a look;
In case if you need the data in CSV format, you can do that too as it’s as easy as clicking a button. You can simply click on the “Download CSV” button in the top right corner to save your keyword data.
So there you go! Answer The Public is an excellent tool for keyword research and coming up with dozens of content ideas for your website, business etc.
A Real-World Example On How To Use AnswerThePublic To Increase Your Traffic
Let’s now talk about a real world example on how to use this tool to increase your search traffic.
For example, if you’re running a “Hosting” related blog or website, it makes sense to start your keyword research by entering a search term like “Web Hosting”.
As that keyword term will give you an idea about what questions people are asking and what keywords you can target to grow your search traffic and conversions.
When you enter that keyword into the tool, here’s what you’ll get.
Quick note: We’re using the “data” tab to show more data clearly (while the default setting is a visual layout, you can simply click on the “data” tab to access all the keywords easily).
While you’ll find a lot of unwanted data (including questions, prepositions etc) which are not quite useful. However, you’ll also find a ton of excellent keyword suggestions such as;
- “Which web hosting is best for WordPress”
- “Which web hosting is best for small businesses”
- “Which web hosting to choose”
These questions can give you an idea about what search terms your target audience are typing on Google. So you can use those keywords to increase your overall search traffic.
Similarly, you can also use their “Prepositions” data to find “commercial intent keywords” which can be helpful for PPC ad campaigns or increase your website sales.
Have a look;
As you can see above, you can easily find a ton of promising commercial intent keywords like;
- “Web hosting you can pay monthly”
- “Web hosting for WordPress”
- “Web hosting for developers”
These commercial intent keywords can help you increase your profits and you can also find better keywords to use in your PPC campaigns (if you’re running Google ads).
For example, here are a few ad copies we get for the term “Web hosting you can pay monthly”:
So there you go. That’s how you can use AnswerThePublic to easily find both organic and commercial intent keywords.
Wait, that’s not enough! Here’s what to do next
Answer The public tool is ONLY used for keyword research. It’s NOT enough.
You need more keyword data such as monthly searches, competition, CPC value etc to increase your website traffic. Unfortunately, AnswerThePublic tool doesn’t offer all those keyword metrics.
You can use tools like Ubersuggest, SEMrush, Ahrefs etc to find that keyword data so you can come up with less competitive and high CPC (cost per click) keywords to increase your overall traffic and sales.
So here are a few resources that can help you get started with better keyword research.
- How to Do Keyword Research Like A Pro
- 30 FREE SEO Tools You Can Use to Boost Your Search Traffic
- Keyword Research Made Easy: The #1 Premium eBook to Find Better Keywords
Pricing Plans Explained
So how much does AnswerThePublic cost? Is it free? Let’s talk about its pricing options now.
Answer The Public currently offers two pricing options which are;
- Free and
Let’s discuss both of these options.
Free plan: Free plan offers you limited daily searches. It can be useful for beginners who want to see how their tool works. No credit card needed!
Pro plan: You can perform unlimited searches using their Pro plan and it costs you $99 per month. With their annual plan, you can save 20% upfront as it costs you $79 per month.
Also, you will get access to high-resolution images for the visualization part. With their Pro plan, you’ll get the following features.
- Unlimited searches
- Unlimited users
- Compare data over time
- CSV export
- Hide branches & suggestions
- High res images
- Priority customer support
So are you ready to try their Pro version?
Pros And Cons
This detailed review of Answer the Public will be incomplete if we don’t talk about its pros and cons. So without further ado, let’s talk about its benefits and limitations.
- Excellent tool for keyword research and brainstorming new topic ideas
- It provides you visualization form of data which is unique and easy to use
- You can export your keyword data easily using CSV format
- It offers a free plan (no credit card required). Although it has daily search limits but it’s not bad either for beginners!
- No keyword search volume data (you’ll have to use other tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs etc for the monthly searches)
- There’s no other keyword metrics available (such as competition, CPC, keyword difficulty etc). It can be only used for content ideas so it’s expensive pricing of $99 per month is NOT justified.
Top 3 Answer The Public Alternatives
Answer The Public Pro version costs you $99 per month, so if you have that much budget, here are some of the other good alternatives you can consider.
Let’s briefly talk about these alternatives to Answer the Public along with pricing and features.
Ubersuggest is a fantastic freemium tool developed by the SEO expert Neil Patel. It’s an extremely affordable SEO tool which helps you with everything from keyword research to site audits, competitor analysis and so on. Here are the features of Ubersuggest.
- Domain overview
- Keyword research
- Competitor analysis
- Backlink data
- Rank tracking
- Site audit
How much does Ubersuggest cost?
Ubersuggest offers a free version where you’ll get limited features. If you want to unlock all the features, you should try their pro version.
Ubersuggest currently has 3 pricing plans which are;
- Individual (costs you $29 per month)
- Business (costs you $49 per month)
- Enterprise (costs you $99 per month)
SEMrush is our favorite SEO tool. It’s a premium SEO tool used by more than 5 million people worldwide. If you are someone who is looking for that one SEO tool that helps you do everything from keyword research to competitor analysis, look not beyond SEMrush.
It’s also the only SEO tool that we’ve been using for more than four years now and we’re extremely happy with the results and its features. Here’s a list of some of the awesome features you get with SEMrush.
- Keyword research
- Organic research
- Check difficulty of keywords
- Domain to domain comparison
- Track any keyword positions
- Perform in-depth site audits
- Advertising research
- Backlink analysis
- Estimate traffic of any website
How much does SEMrush cost?
SEMrush currently offers you three pricing plans which are listed below.
- Pro starts at $99.95 monthly
- Guru starts at $199.95 monthly
- Business starts at $399.95 monthly
You can know more about SEMrush pricing plans from here including features, benefits and so on.
KeywordTool is another excellent choice for most people who are looking for keyword suggestions and content ideas. It also offers exclusive tools for YouTube keyword research, Amazon etc.
Here’s a list of some incredible features of this tool.
- Free version of Keyword Tool can help you get over 700 long-tail keyword suggestions for every search term
- You can use this tool absolutely for free (even without creating an account)
- You can also use it for pay per click (PPC) advertising campaigns
- You can generate keywords from different search engines including Google, YouTube, Amazon, Instagram, eBay, Play Store, Twitter etc
- Its pro version provides accurate search volume data for keywords from different countries
How much does KeywordToo.io cost?
It offers a free version where you can only get keyword ideas.
It also offers pro version which has 3 pricing options including;
- Pro basic ($69 per month when billed annually)
- Pro plus ($79 per month when billed annually)
- Pro business ($159 per month when billed annually)
FAQs About AnswerThePublic Tool
Here’s a list of some of the most frequently asked questions around this tool.
What is Answer the Public?
Answer The Public is a freemium keyword tool that generates a ton of keyword and content ideas in visual form and it combines the suggested searches from Google and Bing.
If you are looking to find questions that your audience are asking on search engines like Google, using a keyword tool like Answer The public can help you a lot.
Are there any free keyword tools?
Yes, there are plenty of keyword research tools, some of them include;
- Ubersuggest (freemium tool)
- Keyword Sheeter
- Keyword Surfer
But if you want accurate and in-depth data of keywords, you can give a try to premium tools like SEMrush. Here’s a 30 day free trial of SEMrush if you want to try it for free.
Can I download my keyword data from AnswerThePublic?
Yes, AnswerThePublic helps you easily download all your keywords data in CSV format. In fact, even if you’re using their free version, you can still be able to download your keywords list in a CSV file.
Can I find hidden keywords using AnswerThePublic?
Yes, the #1 benefit of using AnswerThePublic is to find hidden keywords. Whether you know it or not, there are 3 billion Google searches happening every day. So if you’re planning to find “hidden and untapped keywords” in your niche, this tool can be an excellent choice as it gives you instant and raw search insights.
SEO Tools Worth Trying:
- Unbiased SEMrush Review with 30 Days Free Trial
- Serpstat Review: Is it the Best SEO Tool?
- SpyFu Review: Is It the Best Competitor Analysis Tool?
- KWFinder Review: Is It the Only Keyword Research Tool You Need?
Final Thoughts on AnswerThePublic Review
Answer The Public is a handy tool to find interesting content ideas in your niche. If you’re just getting started with keyword research, this tool is fun to use.
Although there are a ton of other keyword research tools but AnswerThePublic has its own unique features such as keyword visualization, the ability to find questions on any topic and so on.
So what are your thoughts about this keyword tool? Do you have any more questions about it? Let us know in the comments.