One of the most important things in SEO is onpage optimization. No matter how good you’re at keyword research or building backlinks, if you’re not taking care of your on site SEO, you won’t get better results.
If you’re looking for the best onpage SEO checker tools, this post is exclusively made for you where we’ll talk about some of the most effective SEO tools you can use for on site optimization.
We’ll also talk about all the benefits of using these tools along with pricing and how to use those tools to properly optimize your on page SEO. Are you ready? Let’s jump into the details.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Free Best OnPage SEO Checker Tools to Use In 2020
- 1. SEMrush On Page SEO Checker
- 2. On Page Grader from Moz
- 3. Onpageseotool.com
- 4. On-Page Optimization Analysis from Internet Marketing Ninjas
- 5. SEORCH: Free OnPage SEO Checker Tool
- 6. Sitechecker.pro
- 7. SEO Analyzer from Neil Patel
- 8. SEOptimer: Free SEO Audit & Reporting Tool
- 9. OnPage Optimization tools from SEO Book
- 10. SEOMator: On-page SEO testing tool
- The most important thing in on site SEO
- Final Thoughts
Top 10 Free Best OnPage SEO Checker Tools to Use In 2020
1. SEMrush On Page SEO Checker
SEMrush is one of the best allrounder SEO tools that you can use to perform everything from finding great keywords to estimating traffic of any site to competitor research.
Most people don’t know that SEMrush offers an on page SEO checker tool to easily help you with your website optimization process. So let’s talk about this tool from SEMrush.
What can you do with this tool from SEMrush?
- Analyse Google ranking factors
- Get practical suggestions to increase your rankings
- Compare your page with top 10 results so you get more insights
How does this tool from SEMrush work?
Here’s how you can start using it.
Step 1: Sign into SEMrush dashboard, go to projects to find “On Page SEO Checker” to setup a project with your website (or your client’s website).
It then shows you a dialogue box where it says “To start collecting ideas, select your target location”, so select your targeted country where your target audience are.
It will immediately start showing you the pages you can optimize along with their target keywords. Here’s how it looks like;
Step 2: Click on “Collect Ideas” to continue (currently you can collect data from 50 pages to optimize pages from your website) and it will give you ideas for you to optimize your content better.
Here’s how it looks like;
Step 3: Start working on the top pages to optimize (which are given by SEMrush) according to strategy ideas, backlinks ideas, technical SEO ideas, content ideas etc to optimize your content well for search engines like Google.
Step 4: Know your priorities for optimizing your pages using SEMrush on page SEO checker tool.
While optimizing your pages for more traffic from search, it’s essential for you to know your priorities. What do you want most? You need better content ideas or ideas to get more backlinks? You can do almost everything using this tool.
For example, let’s say you want to build more backlinks to your website’s content, you can click on “Backlink Ideas” (shown above) to get ideas for the posts that are proven to get you more backlinks.
If you see the above screenshot (from step 2), you can find that SEMrush is showing us 29 backlink ideas and when we click on it, it will start showing us the recommendations and ideas to attract more links. Here’s how it looks like;
As you can see above, SEMrush tool is giving us suggestions on how we can get more backlinks by properly optimizing the pages.
All in all, it’s a great tool if you want to find more content ideas to bring more traffic and backlinks to your site.
How much does SEMrush cost?
SEMrush currently has 3 pricing options which are listed below;
- Pro starts at $99.95 monthly
- Guru starts at $199.95 monthly
- Business starts at $399.95 monthly
If you’re wondering about which plan suits you the best, check out their features so you can easily pick the best plan from SEMrush.
SEMrush Pro offers the following features
- Results per report: 10,000
- Reports per day: 3,000
- Projects: 5
- Keywords to track: 500
- Pages to crawl: 100,000
SEMrush Guru has the following features
- Results per report: 30,000
- Reports per day: 5,000
- Projects: 50
- Keywords to track: 1500
- Pages to crawl: 300,000
SEMrush Business has the following features
- Results per report: 50,000
- Reports per day: 10,000
- Projects: Unlimited
- Keywords to track: 6000
- Pages to crawl: 12,00,000
If you want to get a 14 days free trial from SEMrush Pro account, you can use the following link.
2. On Page Grader from Moz
Do you want to boost your search rankings along with your on site SEO? Then, you will be thrilled to use on page grade from Moz which gives you a checklist of recommendations to improve your on page optimization.
What can you do with on page grade from Moz?
Here are some of the things you can do with this tool;
- Gives you insights to help you target important keywords
- Helps you improve your content
- Helps you rank higher for your targeted keywords no matter what niche you are in
- Also helps you increase your organic traffic (by giving you insights about your on site SEO)
- You can also perform competitor analysis to find relevant topics and rank for those keywords on Google search
How does on page grader work?
Sign up for Moz and go to on page Grader. Then enter a URL along with the keyword that you’re trying to rank for. Here’s how it looks like;
As you can see above, you’ll find all the keywords that your page is currently targeting along with the page factors that are helping and hurting (which also gives you a page score, the higher it is the better optimized your page is).
Just start working on those page factors which are hurting (it also gives you suggestions on how to optimize your content).
How much does Moz pro cost?
Moz Pro is currently offering four various pricing plans which are listed below.
Standard is best for beginners and costs you $99 per month with limited features. But it’s more than enough for most beginners with the access to all of their SEO tools including on page grader.
Medium plan gives you full access to their keyword research tools without any limits and costs you $149 per month.
Large plan is perfect for small businesses where you can uncover most of the best features with more limits and costs you $249 per month.
Premium plan offers all the premium features like massive crawl budget and unlimited user seats per account and costs you $599 per month.
The great thing about using SEO tools from Moz is, you can get access to any of the above mentioned plans for free for 30 days. So go give a try to them.
If you’re looking for a FREE onpage SEO checker, you should definitely give a try to this tool which gives you a detailed website audit report almost instantly after you enter your desired landing page URL along with the targeted keyword.
What can you do with Onpageseotool.com?
Here are few things that you can do with this on page SEO tool.
- It checks your site for its loading speed and give you the details of load time and size so you can work on increasing your website loading times
- Page analysis gives actionable insights on your content
- You can check your title tag and description tags so they are getting used within your content properly
- Perform image analysis to properly optimize your images for specific keywords to get more traffic from Google image search
- Link analysis can also be done to find out broken links or dead links or toxic links so you can build a healthy backlink profile to increase your site rankings
- You can get an in-depth task checklist of all the website improvements you can make to increase your on page SEO score and also your search rankings easily
How does this on page SEO tool work?
Click here to visit their website and enter a URL of a blog post or landing page along with your primary keyword to see how optimize it is.
As you can see above, you’ll find that it also gives you a score along with the keywords that a page is used and also the top 5 keywords mentioned within the page so you can easily figure out how to better optimize your content.
How much does Onpageseotool.com cost?
It is completely a free tool for auditing your web pages for certain keywords and to better optimize your content for better search rankings on Google.
4. On-Page Optimization Analysis from Internet Marketing Ninjas
This is another incredible free on site SEO checker tool which gives you a detailed analysis of a web page. It shows you the word count, internal and external links along with the keyword density so you will know how optimized your content is.
What can you do with on page optimization analysis tool from Internet Marketing Ninjas?
You can use this tool to perform all the things mentioned below;
- This tool is extremely helpful for analyzing your internal links,
- Helpful for your meta description and
- Helpful for easily analysing your page content so you can get better search rankings
In fact, this tool is a combination of the following tools which ultimately helps you get better rankings through proper on page SEO.
- Metadata tool which displays text in title tags and meta elements
- Keyword density tool which reveals onpage SEO keyword statistics for linked and unlinked content
- Keyword optimization tool which analyzes on page optimization by showing the number of words used in the content, including anchor text of internal and external links
- Link Accounting tool that displays the number and types of links used within your web pages
- Header check tool which shows HTTP Status Response codes for links so you can find out if something goes wrong
- Source code tool which provides quick access to on-page HTML source code for better analysis
How does this tool work (by Internet Marketing Ninjas)?
Go to their website and enter your domain or any landing page with the keywords you’re already targeting (you can enter up to 5 keywords) and then click on Ninja Check to continue.
It instantly gives you all the information of your page;
As you can see above, you can find all the information such as title tags, meta desc, total word count of the page and also the keyword density. It also shows you the information about your internal and external links along with the server code so you can easily find out your broken links if there are any.
How much does this tool from Internet Marketing Ninjas cost you?
This is a free tool to use and provides you a ton of information about your on site SEO to get better rankings and improve your content for both readers and search crawlers.
5. SEORCH: Free OnPage SEO Checker Tool
SEORCH is one of the best onpage SEO checker tools that offers a detailed on site audit reports to help you find and fix all the website technical, mobile SEO, off page SEO issues you’ve. It’s also a free tool!
What can you do with SEORCH?
You can do the following this with this tool;
- Monitor your keyword rankings easily
- Daily monitoring
- Find common SEO mistakes
- Get real-time useful suggestions to increase your search rankings on Google
- Just enter a URL and it gives you all the necessary details and shows you issues with your on site SEO
How does SEORCH work?
Go to their website and put in the URL of the website you want to check along with the keyword (optional) and click on check and it will give you all the necessary information related to your on site SEO. Here’s how it looks like;
As you can see above, it gives you a thorough SEO analysis of the web page you enter along with all the important metrics ranging from off page to social to technical to mobile SEO to help you easily find any issues that your web page have related to on site SEO.
How much does SEORCH cost?
This is a free tool where you can access all the essential on site SEO details along with a comprehensive audit report to fix any issues you’ve with your website.
As the name suggests, this is a complete site checker tool which helps you optimize your on site SEO along with the ability to fix all the technical related issues you’ve within your website.
What can you do with site checker pro?
Here are a couple of major things you can do with this tool;
- Instantly check your titles, descriptions, H1-H6 tags, size of the page etc to properly optimize your on site SEO
- Find all the technical related issues that are keeping your website search rankings at stall
- Easily scan and analyse all your internal and external links to quickly find out if there are any issues with your backlink profile
- It also gives you recommendations of SEO site checkup to make your website mobile friendly and bring more traffic from search engines like Google
- It also gives you a Page Score which is their internal rate based on combination of valuation of critical errors, warnings, notices and Google Page Speed results
How does Site Checker Pro work?
Click here to visit their homepage and enter the domain of your choice and hit enter to get a detailed SEO report of the domain.
Here’s how it looks like;
From the above illustration, you can find that it is showing us a page score along with all the critical errors and warnings that you can rectify in order to bring more visibility from search engines like Google.
How much does Site Checker Pro cost you?
It offers a free version where you’ll have limited features but if you want better features with more limits to perform a detailed SEO analysis of your web pages, then it offers the 3 pricing plans.
- Beginner (costs you $8 per month where you’ll have access to 300 URLs to crawl per month and you can include 3 active websites)
- Basic (costs you $19 per month where you’ll have access to 10,000 URLs to crawl per month and you can include 10 active websites)
- Pro (costs you $45 per month where you’ll have access to 100,000 URLs to crawl per month and you can include 100 active websites)
You’ll be getting the following features as common in all the above 3 plans.
- Unlimited landing page analysis
- Check 100+ on-page SEO parameters
- Use how-to fix guides
- Download PDF reports
7. SEO Analyzer from Neil Patel
If you’re blogging for a while, you might have already heard about the SEO expert Neil Patel who launched SEO analyzer tool which can be used as a perfect on site checker tool to improve your website’s visibility in search engines. It’s completely free to use and gives you a detailed SEO report along with suggestions.
What can you do with SEO analyzer?
Here are few amazing things you can do with this tool from the SEO expert himself Neil Patel;
- Gives you a detailed website analysis report where you can find all the issues, errors and warnings that your website is currently struggling with
- Page level SEO score is given to you along with the page speed score with recommendations to improve both of them
- Social media insights are provided to help you hone your content marketing strategies and get better results from it
- Marketing checklist can be provided so you can focus on what’s important and get results from search engines like Google
- Competitor analysis can also be done to know better about yourself where your website stands in front of your competitor websites
How does SEO analyzer work?
Click here to visit Neil’s website and enter your website’s URL to start analyzing it for on site SEO and audit report.
It gives you a page level score along with errors and warnings (if you’ve any) along with the page level speed score to better optimize your site for faster loading times. Not only that you can also find out the keywords along with competitor analysis and you can do so much more.
How much does SEO analyzer cost?
It’s completely free to use and you can compare up to 3 domains at once if you want to perform competitor analysis with SEO analyser tool.
8. SEOptimer: Free SEO Audit & Reporting Tool
If you want to find out how well your website is optimized for search engines like Google, you should definitely start using this amazing free tool called SEOptimer.
What can you do with SEOptimer?
You can use SEOptimer to do the following things effectively;
- Helps you identify problems on your website
- An in-depth website analysis is provided you
- On site recommendations are provided to help you fix your site issues
- You can also use it to generate white label SEO reports so you can land more clients and increase your income
- Gives you access to other great SEO tools so you can bring more search traffic to your sites by also fixing your on site SEO related issues
All in all, SEOptimer gives you a detailed website analysis using 100 website data points and provides you actionable recommendations so you can boost your search rankings along with your on page SEO. In addition, SEOptimer also gives you access to extremely helpful tools like;
- Meta Tag Generator
- Keyword Generator
- Robots.txt Generator
- .htaccess File Generator
- XML Sitemap Generator
How does SEOptimer work?
Click here to visit SEOptimer website and enter your website to analyse how optimized it for SEO and performance. Here’s how it looks like;
As you can see that it gives you grades for each section ranging from SEO to performance to social to security along with the suggestions so you can fix what’s stopping your website from getting more traffic from search engines.
How much does SEOptimer cost?
The tool is free to use but it also offers a premium pricing package which costs you $29 per month and you can get access to the features like;
- Custom Branding, Logo & Company Details (you can use as white label SEO reports) and you can it however you want where you can get reports in 9 Languages
- Show Simple or Detailed Errors
- Unlimited Website Audits and Unlimited PDF Report Downloads
- Audit Website Sub-Pages and so on
9. OnPage Optimization tools from SEO Book
SEO Book offers a wide range of SEO tools you can download for free to improve your on page optimization to get more rankings on Google.
What can you do with this tool?
Here are some of the great things that you can do with this tool;
- Easily find out the keyword density within your content to avoid getting penalized by Google
- Compare your pages with your competitors website pages to see how good your content is optimized
- Rich snippet checker for finding how optimized your content for rich snippets
- Also gives you access to Robots.txt files to manage your sitemap properly
It also gives you access to all the following different SEO tools for free;
- Keyword Density Tool
- Page vs Page Comparison Tool
- Server Header Checker
- Rich snippet
- OnPage.org Robots.txt Primer that you can use to learn all about robots.txt files
- Robots.txt Generator which you can use to create a robots.txt file
- Robots.txt Analyzer to easily analyze your robots.txt file on your website to see if there are any issues with it
How does this tool work?
As we said earlier, it is a set of tools that you can use to track your rankings, find keyword density and so on. Here’s how the rank tracking looks like;
How much does SEO checker tool cost?
It’s completely free to use and you can do everything from rank tracking to finding keyword density and much more.
You just need to download all the tools for free from the below link.
10. SEOMator: On-page SEO testing tool
SEOMator is an allrounder onpage SEO checker tool which helps you not only with your on site SEO but you can also use it for thorough competitor research to find out where you really stand when compared to your competitors websites in search results.
What can you do with SEOMator?
Here are some of the amazing benefits of using SEOMator tool to increase your site rankings and website readability.
- You can monitor your SEO campaigns so that you can continually track any on page changes in your website’s SEO and quickly act on those things that are damaging your website’s SEO and online presence
- Gives you access to while label reports so you can land more SEO clients
- It gives you a comprehensive report based on your website’s SEO, internal links, HTML tags, backlinks, pagespeed, mobile usability, text statistics, social media, organic presence and content quality so you can get better search engine rankings
- Domain comparison tool which helps you quickly compare your website with your competitors’ websites
- You can easily find duplicate page content, too lengthy ALT tags, missing image alt tags, links that point to no images etc quickly
How does SEOMator work?
Just go their site and enter your website’s URL (or any URL that you want to perform on site SEO) and it will ask you to sign up. Either you can use your email or sign up using your social media accounts to start using the tool.
For your preferred domain, it will run through the detailed site analysis and gives you a site audit report which looks something like this;
As you can see above, you’ll get a total score for the domain you enter along with all the issues you can fix such as missing meta description tags, no alt tags, broken links and so on.
How much does SEOMator cost?
It offers four pricing plans which include a free trial. Here’s the pricing plans;
- Pay as you go (where you have to pay $5 per once, you can use it as a pay as you go service where you can create 1 project along with white label SEO reports)
- Small business (which costs you $19 per month and you can create up to 5 projects with comprehensive on-page and off page analysis of your website and white label SEO reports)
- Professional (which costs you $49 per month and you can create up to 15 projects with comprehensive on-page and off page analysis of your website and white label SEO reports)
- Unlimited (which costs you $179 per month and you can create unlimited projects with comprehensive on-page and off page analysis of your website and white label SEO reports)
If for any reason, you are not satisfied with their features or pricing, you can cancel your account and ask for a refund and you would get a full refund for the unused time during two days (48 hours) after the deactivation of your plan.
The most important thing in on site SEO
Did you know the most important thing that makes a huge difference in your on page SEO? It’s checking your content and pages for duplicate content because Google literally penalizes your sites if you’ve duplicate content or pages.
So how do you improve you on site SEO by eliminating duplicate content? For that you need a tool like Copyscape.
Copyscape is a great plagiarism checker tool that allows you to find other sites using your content or where user generated content on your site might be duplicated from other websites so you can easily take necessary actions.
What to do when you find someone copying your content?
There will be a lot of people who just copy your content and paste it on their sites in order to get more traffic to their sites. It happened a lot with us and so many people copied our content and blatantly pasted on their sites.
So what we did when we find someone copying our stuff? We immediately contact them either through email or social media and send a solid email to take that content down. Majority of the people who receive those emails will simply remove copied content and we move on. If not, we simply large a DMCA complaint where you can take out that content.
What to do if you’ve duplicate content within your website?
There are various of ways of creating duplicate content (by knowingly or unknowingly) and they include;
- Unknowingly creating the same headlines or meta description for similar content on your website
- Copying and pasting other’s content on your site (you should never do that and remove all the copied content if you don’t want to get penalized by Google)
- Give credit where it’s due (if you’re using images or 1 or 2 paragraphs from other sites, make sure to link back to their content by saying it’s a reference so no one will be pissed off)
The importance of using TinEye
TinEye is a free tool which allows you to find other sites using your images through reverse image search. Google & Bing also offer search by image features but TinEye is one of the simplest tools to use for finding accurate image recognition with your own images.
So how can you use it for finding sites that are using images without mentioning your website (so you can ask for credits in the form of backlinks or simply ask them to take them down)?
Just go to their site and upload an image or search by URL or you can also simply drag and drop your images to start your search.
TinEye instantly starts looking for the images which are similar to your search term through its huge database (it has an index of over 28 billion images). That’s it, if any of the other sites are using your images without your knowledge, you can simply email them for a link back or ask them to take it down.
The great thing about using TinEye is that it is completely private and safe to use. That means, when you search with TinEye, your image is never saved or indexed and it adds millions of new images from the web every day but your images belong only to you (they neither stored nor indexed).
Here are some of the FAQs you should definitely know about to get a better understanding about onpage SEO checker tools in 2020 and beyond.
1. Why should I use onpage SEO checker tools?
That’s a great question to begin with: onpage SEO checker tools help you with where you can improve on site to get better search rankings on Google. You can easily find and fix all the on site issues such as broken links, text without optimization, lengthy title tags, missing alt tags and so on by using SEO checker tools.
So if you really want to properly optimize your content and bring more organic traffic your site, you should definitely start using these tools for best results.
2. Is on page optimization essential for websites?
One of the most important things in SEO is on page optimization. How optimized your web pages are determine the success of your SEO. Literally your website’s on page SEO can make or break your online success. So yes on page optimization is a must and if you avoid it, you’ll regret it later.
3. If I had to pick just one onpage SEO checker tool from the above list, which one should I pick?
It has to be SEMrush if you had to pick only one onpage SEO checker tool from the list mentioned on this page. Not only it can be used as an onpage SEO checker tool but also useful for doing everything from keyword research to backlink analysis to competitor research. It is worth every single penny you pay. Click here to try it free for 30 days.
4. What is on page analysis?
On page analysis or on site analysis is all about finding ways to optimize a page properly in order to bring more traffic from search engines like Google. It will also help you easily find and fix all the on site issues that your web pages have so you can minimize your chances of getting penalized by Google and increase the odds of getting better search rankings.
5. Are there any free onpage SEO checker tools?
Yes, there are so many onpage SEO checker tools which are completely free and most of them are listed on this page. So go give a try to each one of them and stick to the ones you find useful. We also recommend you to give a try to premium on site checker tools (as most of them give free trials ranging from 7 days to 30 days) so you have nothing to lose and you can find the difference between paid and premium SEO tools.
Browse more SEO Tutorials:
- Best Backlink Checker Tools for 2020
- 40 Plus Experts Sharing Best SEO Tools
- Top SEO Blogs Worth Following in 2020
- Best Keyword Research Tools Covered (Keyword Planner Alternatives)
- Best Sites to Check Keyword Rankings on Google Accurately
No matter how good or bad your website optimized, you can still use the onpage SEO checker tools to improve your website’s presence on Google.
The list of SEO checker tools mentioned here are ranging from free to premium so go check out all of them and use the best one that fits your needs.
What are your thoughts about the tools that are shared here? Share your thoughts in the comments below.