There are a ton of SEO blogs out there to learn search engine optimization.
But if you want to get in-depth knowledge from experts to learn and master SEO, you should read SEO books. There are no other shortcuts.
Mastering SEO helps you understand how search engines work. But finding the RIGHT SEO advice is always hard because there’s too much junk content out there.
That’s why it’s important to learn from experts who practice what they teach.
Here’s a handpicked list of 10 of the best SEO books that are written by experts who have years of experience in search engine optimization.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best SEO Books for All Bloggers, Marketers & SEO Practitioners
- 1. The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization
- 2. Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
- 3. SEO Playbook: How to Get 1,000 Visitors A Day from Google Even If You’re New to SEO
- 4. SEO 2023: Learn Search Engine Optimization With Smart Internet Marketing Strategies
- 5. How to Get to the Top Of Google: The Plain English Guide to SEO
- 6. Product-Led SEO: The Why Behind Building Your Organic Growth Strategy
- 7. SEO For Dummies
- 8. 3 Months to No.1: The “No-Nonsense” SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google
- 9. The SEO Blueprint: How to Get More Organic Traffic Right Now
- 10. SEO Workbook: Search Engine Optimization Success in Seven Steps
- FAQs About Best-Selling SEO Books for 2023
- Final thoughts on the best SEO books
10 Best SEO Books for All Bloggers, Marketers & SEO Practitioners
1. The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization
Written by: Eric Enge
There’s a reason for mentioning the book “The Art of SEO” #1 in the list of top SEO books.
The reason is this: it gives you a comprehensive SEO strategy that helps you get better rankings in search engines like Google.
The Art of SEO book is written by some of the top SEO practitioners out there including Eric Enge, Stephan Spencer, and Jessie C. Stricchiola.
If you’re looking for the most comprehensive guide on SEO, you should definitely grab this book.
What is included in the book “The Art of SEO”?
Here are some of the important things you’ll learn from the Art of SEO book;
- Theory, practicalities, & basics of SEO
- Learn the steps you need to prepare for, execute, and evaluate SEO strategies
- Demystify Google’s Panda & Penguin
- How to create link-worthy content
- Discover SEO tools to track results and measure your website’s success
- Build a high performing SEO team
- Glimpse the future of SEO what lies ahead for the SEO industry and much more
Where to purchase the book “The Art of SEO”?
Our rating: 5 out of 5
2. Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
Written by: Ann Handley
Content is king. If you want to get better search rankings and improve your website’s SEO, you must learn the art of content creation.
SEO copywriting is the key to creating content that generates profits.
“Everybody Writes” is one of the most popular books for bloggers and SEO that mostly talks about how to create epic content.
The author Ann Handley teaches you the process and strategy of creating great content along with actionable advice designed to get the best results.
What is included in the book “Everybody Writes”?
Here are some of the important things you’ll learn from this book;
- How to write better no matter what industry you’re in
- Easy grammar and usage rules to create user-friendly content
- How to tell stories with your content
- Best practices for creating trustworthy content
- Basics of 17 specific kinds of content that most marketers use
- Content creation tools to create better content and many more
Where to purchase the book “Everybody Writes”?
Our rating: 5 out of 5
3. SEO Playbook: How to Get 1,000 Visitors A Day from Google Even If You’re New to SEO
Written by: Anil Agarwal
Getting traffic from Google is extremely hard (especially if you’re a beginner). Without search traffic, you’re not going to make any money. It’s as simple as that.
So if you’re looking to grow your search traffic as a beginner, SEO Playbook eBook is exclusively for you. It teaches you how to get 1000 visitors a day from Google even if you’re new to SEO.
It’s the MOST comprehensive guide on SEO for bloggers, marketers, and SEOs where you can discover “evergreen strategies” to boost your search traffic.
Anil Agarwal (the author of this book) is an SEO expert who has over 15 years of experience in search engine optimization and published hundreds of articles around SEO.
What is included in the “SEO Playbook”?
Here’s what you’ll learn from the SEO playbook;
- The most important fundamentals of search engine optimization
- How to create an SEO friendly design that ranks well
- How to create traffic-generating content
- How to optimize your content for your target keywords
- How to discover what your target audience is searching for
- How to grow 10x to 100x based on your current website traffic
- How to build highly relevant backlinks in any niche and many more
The best part about buying this book is that it also offers 3 more eBooks for FREE which are;
- 7-point SEO checklist for new websites
- How to deal with Google algorithm updates
- 5 lessons I learned from my 15 years of SEO journey
Where to purchase the book “SEO Playbook”?
The best part is that if you don’t like this book, you can ask for a refund within 30 days after the purchase. To initiate your refund, you can send an email to [email protected]
Our rating: 5 out of 5
4. SEO 2023: Learn Search Engine Optimization With Smart Internet Marketing Strategies
Written by: Adam Clarke
One of the best reasons to purchase the SEO 2023 book by Adam Clarke is this: it regularly gets updated.
For instance, Google recently rolled out the “Page Experience Update” which is also covered in this book with new recommendations for all website owners.
Adam Clarke is a Google Ads and Google Analytics certified professional who helped small businesses to international corporations get higher rankings in search results. In this book, he shared all the SEO strategies that help you rank #1 in search engines.
What is included in the book “SEO 2023”?
Here’s what you’ll learn from the SEO 2023;
- SEO basics you need to know (beginner to advanced)
- How Google’s algorithm works and how it calculates the search results
- How to find money-making keywords
- Learn how to use local SEO to improve your local business
- How to get featured in authority sites
- How to get expert SEO advice
- A simple step-by-step checklist and video tutorials and many more
Where to purchase the book “SEO 2023”?
Our rating: 4 out of 5
5. How to Get to the Top Of Google: The Plain English Guide to SEO
Written by: Tim Cameron-Kitchen
If you’re looking for an SEO book that contains full of usable advice that you can follow straight away, this book is exclusively for you.
If you want to learn and understand how Google chooses which websites to rank and how to create an in-depth SEO strategy to get better results from Google, this book is a must-read.
Over 10,000 business owners around the world have used this SEO book to boost their search traffic.
Tim Cameron, the author of this book is a digital marketing expert and CEO of a digital agency called “Exposure Ninja” which helps business owners to generate more traffic and sales.
What is included in the book “How to Get to the Top Of Google”?
Here’s what you’ll learn from it;
- The exact process that took one business from 35 to 3,450 leads a month
- How to get links from social media
- Designing your SEO strategy
- Learn which SEO metrics to track and which to ignore
- Implement three key SEO practices
- The four free ways to get your website on the first page of Google
- How to identify keywords that will drive more traffic
- The key to improving your keyword rankings in just weeks
- Structuring your site in a search-engine-friendly way
- Avoiding the SEO pitfalls and many more
Where to purchase the book “How to Get to the Top Of Google”?
Our rating: 4.5 out of 5
6. Product-Led SEO: The Why Behind Building Your Organic Growth Strategy
Written by: Eli Schwartz
If you’re creating a product, website, or online business, SEO is the most cost-effective way to drive more sales.
But it’s not at all easy to know what will successfully drive traffic, leads, and sales to your website.
If you want to really understand the theory of SEO instead of following step-by-step techniques, the Product-Led SEO book is for you.
The author, Eli Schwartz is an SEO expert who has over a decade of experience working for leading B2B and B2C companies including Shutterstock, Gusto, WordPress, BlueNile, Quora, Getaround, and more.
What is included in the book “Product-Led SEO”?
Here’s what you’ll learn from the book Product-Led SEO;
- The basics of SEO and how search works
- Strategic SEO
- All about SEO and digital marketing
- Broad SEO categories
- Tactical SEO
- Implementing product-led SEO and many more
Where to purchase the book “Product-Led SEO”?
Our rating: 4 out of 5
7. SEO For Dummies
Written by: Peter Kent
If you’re new to search engine optimization and looking for beginner-friendly SEO books, the “SEO for Dummies” book is just for you.
This book teaches you exactly what you need to do to give your site the best possible chance to rank higher in search engines like Google.
It tells you what SEO techniques to avoid that search engines hate and things that can get your website penalized in search results.
Peter Kent (the author) is a best-selling author of over 60 books who mostly creates books on complicated subjects and breaks them down into bite-sized pieces.
What is included in the book “SEO For Dummies”?
Here’s what you’ll learn from the book SEO For Dummies;
- Search engine basics (what are they, which ones are important, how to get started, etc
- Create an SEO strategy and use new SERP features
- How to get maximum traffic from search engines
- Pick powerful keywords
- Design your website for speed and mobile
- How to get other sites to link to yours
- Analyze SEO results with analytics tools
- Optimize your website for voice search and many more
Where to purchase the book “SEO For Dummies”?
Our rating: 4.5 out of 5
8. 3 Months to No.1: The “No-Nonsense” SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google
Written by: Will Coombe
If you’re looking for a comprehensive SEO book to learn and master SEO within a few months, this book is a great choice for you.
This book provides you with a step-by-step, week-by-week SEO blueprint that you can follow to get first-page rankings in Google.
This book covers almost every important aspect of search engine optimization including keyword research, on-page optimization, off-page optimization, content marketing, eCommerce SEO, local SEO, and more.
The author, Will Coombe is one of the UK’s leading SEO consultants before co-founding the SEO Agency “Sharpe Digital”. He has over 10 years of experience in SEO. In this book, he revealed all his “secrets” to get #1 rankings on Google.
What is included in the book “3 Months to No.1”?
Here’s what you’ll learn from the book 3 Months to No.1;
- Online marketing 101
- Advice for your business
- How to discover money-making keywords for your website
- How to configure your WordPress site for SEO success
- How to master the technical elements of SEO
- How to attract more backlinks
- Content marketing 101
- How to harness the power of social media
- How to do SEO if you’re a local business
- eCommerce SEO including Shopify, Magento, & WooCommerce
- Google penalty diagnosis & how to avoid such penalties and many more
Where to purchase the book “3 Months to No.1”?
Our rating: 4.5 out of 5
9. The SEO Blueprint: How to Get More Organic Traffic Right Now
Written by: Ryan Stewart
We all need #1 rankings on Google because that’s where the profits are. But it’s NOT at all easy to understand what it takes to get higher rankings in Google and beat your competitors.
What if you knew what you needed to do to outrank your competitors? “The SEO Blueprint” book teaches you exactly that.
What is included in the book “The SEO Blueprint”?
Here’s what you’ll learn inside The SEO Blueprint:
- What kind of keywords you should try to rank first
- How to use your competitors to rank for more keywords
- How to know exactly what type of content to create
- How to audit your site to find and fix your site issues
- Why Google may never rank your content
- 15 errors that are preventing your site to get #1 rankings and how to fix them
- How to know if a keyword is worth going after
- How to structure your website properly and many more
Where to purchase the book “The SEO Blueprint”?
Our rating: 4 out of 5
10. SEO Workbook: Search Engine Optimization Success in Seven Steps
Written by: Jason McDonald
If you’re looking for easy-to-follow SEO techniques to improve your website’s search traffic, SEO Workbook is for you.
It teaches you how to get more traffic from Google and master SEO in seven steps which include finding great keywords to creating great content to master Google Analytics.
What is included in the book “SEO Workbook”?
Here’s what you’ll learn inside SEO Workbook:
- Learn on-page SEO tactics
- Learn link-building tactics to build links
- Step-by-step videos that help you how to do SEO
- Use the worksheets that help you understand SEO
- Measure your metrics using Google Analytics and much more
Where to purchase the book “SEO Workbook”?
Our rating: 4 out of 5
- Semrush 30 Days Free Trial: Try Pro or Guru Account for Free Now
- 5 Conservative Search Engine Alternatives to Google
- Yoast SEO Premium vs Free Plugin: An In-Depth Review
- Best Alternative to KWFinder for Keyword Research
- Ubersuggest vs Semrush: Which SEO Tool Is Worth Trying?
- Best Answer the Public Alternatives for Topic Research
- Most Effective Google Search Tips And Tricks for 2023
- YouTube SEO Tips: 11 Ways to Get Your Videos Noticed
FAQs About Best-Selling SEO Books for 2023
Here are some of the frequently asked questions around SEO books and search engine optimization in general.
SEO is the process of improving your website’s search rankings for FREE in search engines like Google, Bing, etc.
The best way to learn SEO from books is to practice. Start a blog, read all the SEO books you need, and then put that into practice. Implementation is the key to SEO success.
Yes, you can learn SEO on your own in the following ways;
– Reading SEO books
– Read SEO blogs
– Watching SEO-related videos from YouTube channels like Backlinko
– By starting a blog and implementing all the SEO strategies you learn
Here are a few SEO books that can help you learn and master search engine optimization.
– The Art of SEO by Eric Enge
– How to Get to the Top Of Google by Tim Cameron-Kitchen
– SEO 2023 by Adam Clarke
SEO is not dead, it’s just evolving. Yes, Google is rolling out a ton of new algorithms to punish websites. But if you put users first (over search engines) and give the best user experience, you’ll ALWAYS get better results from SEO.
Few Related SEO Articles:
- Step By Step SEO Tutorial For Beginners (Including Our 10 Yrs Traffic Stats)
- Silo Structure: The Best Way to Outrank Even Authority Sites
Final thoughts on the best SEO books
SEO is constantly evolving but the fundamentals NEVER change.
To master SEO, you need to learn and understand the basics first. That’s where the SEO books come in handy.
So what are your thoughts on the best SEO books mentioned on this page? Did we miss any of your favorite SEO books? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Reader Comments (11)
Really it’s a good collection. it is useful to everyone who is searching for the latest SEO books. You have included all the good books that can be available, Moreover the evolution of SEO over the past decade has been a good one, new strategies, google algorithms, tactics for traffic all this has evolved over the years. it’s really useful for beginners…Great job..!!!!!
Thanks for sharing your information about these books. These books are very helpful for the beginner who learn SEO.
Thanks for this list of awesome SEO books, I’ve read the SEO playbook it’s superb. I will also check out other book
Thanks for sharing such an amazing list of SEO books. I am new to blogging and this post is something perfect for me. I was for some guide for so long and finally I got it. All the book listed by you is superb but I will select the best two out of these and try to understand the nitty-gritty of what’s written in it. What an insightful guide. I will surely share this with my friends, family and those who are a new beginners in this field.
Great information ! Keep sharing !!!
Thanks Anil 🙂
Also, for those who enjoy learning more through audiobooks, Audible has a ton of SEO books and business ones in general. I had a hard time reading, considering im more of an audio/visual learner.
Anyway, thanks a ton for putting this article together, Anil.
Yep, I was searching Google about SEO books. I suddenly found your post. As I love to read books truly I admire the post. And the best part , I must say SEO playbook written by you is a direct path to success and It’s full of proven techniques. Thanks for sharing the Knowledge.
Thanks for sharing this very useful information sir. I will help me learn seo. I am new to blogging and following you for quite sometime. I will grab the best four out of these, three you suggested in the FAQ section and one which you have published. Thanks sir
Thanks for sharing all this SEO books information. It’s really very helpful.
Thanks for this list of awesome SEO books, I’ve read the SEO playbook it’s superb. I will also check out other books
Anil, I read four books out of this list. I am glad to see you wrote a book on SEO. I just tried to purchase. However, it went to AppSumo instead of Amazon Kindle. In the AppSumo, it says “Code-based: Use the code provided by AppSumo on the partner’s website to redeem your purchase”. I am a little confused. As a well-wisher, I would suggest you list the book on Amazon too. I would have found your book a long ago if it was on Amazon Kindly US. I would love to read your book and leave a good review.
For now, you can buy the eBook from AppSumo.com. I will give a thought to listing it on Amazon Kindle soon.