Quick note: We’ve gathered the data from several credible sources including Hubspot, Hootsuite, Coschedule, Buffer and a few more sites and tried to analyse and provide you the best times to post on social media sites in 2020.
Do you want to get more social shares including tweets, Facebook shares, Pinterest pins and so on? Are you looking for the best times to post on social media sites? You’re in the right place.
The #1 proven way to increase your social media exposure is to find the perfect timing to share or schedule your posts.
If you post your links on social media sites at random times, you’ll get zero to less response because no one will see your stuff. Posting at the right times on social media sites is crucial.
But finding the best time to post on social media isn’t easy unless you’ve a lot of researched data. That’s why we’ve written this research based post to provide you the best time to post on social media for 2020 and beyond.
So in this article, we’ll cover
- Best time to post on Facebook
- Best time to post on Twitter
- Best time to post on Instagram
- Best time to post on Pinterest
- Best time to post on LinkedIn
Let’s dive into the details without further ado.
Table of Contents
The Best Times to Post On Social Media Sites (Based On Research)
Once you know when is the best time to post across different social media sites, you can reach more people, get more links, shares and traffic. So instead of posting at random times, why not find out the optimum time for social media and post at the right times?
Best time to post on Facebook
- The highest average click-through rate (CTR) on Facebook occurs between 1 pm to 4 pm, peaking on Wednesdays at 3 pm. A CTR simply means, the number of people who will click on the links on your posts or ads on Facebook.
- The worst time for posting on Facebook appears to be weekends (before 8 am and after 8 pm)
- By adding photos or images can significantly improve your engagement on Facebook (as adding images can get you 50% more ‘Likes’ and double the number of comments)
- Videos and Facebook Live are getting more reach than regular posts (so why not give a try to them?)
- According to Buffer, the best time to post to Facebook is between 1pm to 3pm on during the week and Saturdays.
According to Sprout Social, the best day to post on Facebook is on Wednesdays and the best time to post is between 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM on weekdays.
Few interesting stats around Facebook
Let’s have a look at some interesting Facebook stats for 2020.
- 66% of monthly Facebook users use it daily and each visit to Facebook lasts 10 or 12 minutes (that’s massive, right?)
- 88% of Facebook users are accessing from their smartphones. 95% of Facebook visits are made on smartphones and tablets whereas only 31.8% of visits are made on desktops or laptops.
What can we learn from it?
If you are looking to increase your engagement on Facebook (be it on Facebook pages or ads or regular posts), try to include videos as people are spending more time watching videos or live streaming videos on Facebook. Don’t miss out on Wednesdays as you usually get more attention on Facebook during Wednesdays.
Hot tip: Make sure to always keep an eye on your Facebook Insights, which gives you an overview of the user behaviour and find out when they are active and what type of posts are getting the most amount of engagement.
Best time to post on Twitter
- The highest average click-through rates (CTR) on Twitter occurs between Mondays and Thursdays between 1 pm to 3 pm
- The worst time for posting on Twitter happens to be weekend evenings (after 8 pm), and Fridays after 3 pm. Try to avoid tweeting during these times as they see lower engagement, clicks, retweets and so on
- According to Hootsuite, the best time to post on Twitter is at 3:00 PM on Monday to Friday. For B2B companies, between 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM on weekdays works best.
- Tweets with images are most effective on Twitter (just like Facebook). So if you’re looking to boost your engagement on Twitter, make sure to add images.
Sprout Social says that the best times to post on Twitter are Wednesday at 9 a.m. and Friday at 9 a.m.
Few interesting stats around Twitter
Let’s have a look at some interesting Twitter stats for 2020.
- 93% of Twitter videos are viewed on mobile and tweets with video attract 10 times as much engagement (so try including videos if you want to reach out to more people on Twitter)
- Twitter has 330 million active users and there are 500 million Tweets sent each and every single day (that’s around 6,000 tweets every second)
What can we learn from it?
From Mondays to Thursdays between 1 to 3 pm is the ideal time to post on Twitter if you want more people to click on your links.
Make sure to tweet often (at least once or twice a day) and use hashtags while tweeting. You can also increase your engagement on Twitter by tweeting around trending relevant hashtags.
You can also try scheduling tweets in advance instead of manually tweeting everything as it not only saves your time but you can better manage your tweets. You can start using a social media management tool like Buffer App, Hootsuite etc to automatically schedule your tweets.
Best time to post on Instagram
- Posting on Instagram at 5:00 AM from Tuesday to Friday generates the highest amount of engagement (as most people check their phones right when they wake up)
- Posting on Instagram from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM during the weekdays also generates a lot of engagement (as most people check their phones during lunch)
- Posting on Saturday around 11:00 AM can also generate more engagement on Instagram
- Later analyzed 12 million Instagram posts and discovered that the best time to post on Instagram is between 9 AM to 11 AM (EST).
According to Sprout Social, the best time to post on Instagram is on Wednesday at 11:00 AM and Friday from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM for better results.
Few interesting stats around Instagram
Let’s have a look at some interesting Instagram stats for 2020.
- 1 billion people use Instagram every month and 500 million people use Instagram stories every single day. If you want to spread your brand’s visibility on Instagram, make sure to add stories that are appealing.
- Instagram users will spend an average of 28 minutes per day on the platform in 2020 whereas 200 million Instagram users visit at least one business profile every single day
- 130 million Instagram users tap on shopping posts every month (so yes, you’ll have great conversions if you start using Instagram effectively including their ads)
What can we learn from it?
According to HubSpot, between 2 PM and 3 PM and posting on Thursday can generate you the most amount of user engagement on Instagram whereas Sprout Social found that posting on Wednesday at 11 AM and Friday at 10 AM to 11 AM can generate the best results.
Always try to give your Instagram posts a unique yet appealing look as Instagram is the #1 visual platform (so take advantage of it). Whenever you post something on Instagram, be sure to spend at least 15 minutes to interact with others (be it replying to comments, resharing, adding stories or promoting your own posts).
Best time to post on Pinterest
- According to SocialFresh research, the best times to post on Pinterest are from 2 PM to 4PM EST and 8 PM to 1 AM EST
- According to research done by HubSpot, Saturday morning is the best time to post on Pinterest for better user engagement
According to Coschedule’s study, 8 to 11 pm (9 pm being peak) is the best time to post on Pinterest for maximum engagement.
Few interesting stats around Pinterest
Let’s have a look at some interesting Pinterest stats for 2020.
- 250 million people use Pinterest every month and 80% of them use mobile to browse through Pinterest
- Pinterest pins are 100 times more spreadable than a tweet, with the retweet average hitting only 1.4% whereas for Facebook, the half-life of a pin is 16,000x longer than a Facebook post (so yes, Pins perform well when compared to tweets and Facebook posts)
- Pinterest drives 33% more traffic than Facebook (that’s an interesting stat for bloggers who want to get more traffic to their site or landing pages)
- The average time spent on Pinterest is 14.2 minutes and omen ages between 25 to 54 make 80% of the buying decisions in U.S. households.
What can we learn from it?
Did you know that 70% of Pinterest users are actually females? 40% of all new signups on Pinterest are Men and 60% of new signups are women. So if you’re looking to target women, Pinterest can be a great social media platform for you.
If you want to get more click through rates, you need to start using appealing images to increase your clicks on social media sites.
Having an image in each post you write is essential to grab your audience’s attention. They not only add value to your blog post but also enhance your blog’s credibility.
Choosing a perfect, funny, attractive image is an art. Don’t use Google images, try to use the images from the free image sites like:
- Stock Snap
Best time to post on LinkedIn
- If you want to get more clicks and shares on your LinkedIn posts, try posting on Tuesdays between 11 am to 12 pm
- The worst time to post on LinkedIn is during the sleeping hours between 10 PM to 6 AM (and immediately before Monday and after Friday night)
- The best time to post on LinkedIn for maximum impact is between 7 am to 8 and 5 pm to 6 pm
- The peak time of LinkedIn use during an average day is 12 PM and between 5 to 6 PM
- According to Sprout Social, Wednesday between 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM is the best time to post on LinkedIn (especially for B2B companies)
CoSchedule’s data reveals that the best time to post on LinkedIn is during afternoons between 12 PM to 2 PM.
Few interesting stats around LinkedIn
Let’s have a look at some interesting LinkedIn stats for 2020.
- LinkedIn currently has over 590 million users, with more than 260 million monthly active users and 57% of LinkedIn users use mobiles to browse through information and posts.
- 2 million posts, articles and videos are published on LinkedIn every day (that’s a huge number, right?)
- Posts with images get twice as many comments and video posts are 5 times more likely to get comments (try to include images or videos for better engagement on LinkedIn)
What can we learn from it?
If you’re looking to connect with professionals, startup owners, digital media agencies, small business owners etc LinkedIn is a great platform for you. Make sure to spend quality time to craft high quality articles (by including images or videos) to get more engagement.
The recipe for maximum social media engagement
The concept is using social media is to be really social. Unfortunately most bloggers consider it as a way to spam their links. What’s the point in sharing only your contents on social media? No one will be interested in promoting it.
So if you want to get more out of social media, make a note that, you’ve to promote others as well! Do you know one of the simplest ways to grow your blog traffic and boost your online exposure? The answer is simple, find new bloggers related to your blog’s topic to improve your blog growth.
New bloggers are like oxygen to your blog.
- They’ll become lifetime fans
- They’ll spread your message more than anyone else
- They’ll trust you to buy the products
- They’ll never ignore your stuff
- They’ll link to you every time when they find something relevant and useful
How to find new bloggers and readers for your blog then?
Finding new bloggers is very easy. Most of the times, they’ll say themselves that they’re newbies. If not, you can find them easily by actively participating on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter etc.
After finding them, all you’ve to do is to capture their attention and pulling them towards your blog. How to capture their attention?
- Go and leave insightful comments on their blog posts
- Tell them where they have to improve more
- What design mistakes are they making and so on
Pro tip: Once you create a proper time to post at social media sites, schedule your posts in advance using tools like Buffer, HootSuite etc.
Browse more Blogging Resources:
- Unbiased SEMrush Review with 14 Days Free Trial
- Best Lifestyle Blogs to Follow in 2020
- Must Read Blogs from Indian Bloggers in 2020
- Learn How to Find Traffic of Any Website for Free
- Most Popular Blogs For Women to Follow in 2020
- Best Fiverr Alternatives for Freelancers to Make More Money
If you know the best times to post on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter etc it will be really helpful for you to schedule your posts in advance.
We’ve provided you the best possible data so you can schedule or post your social media updates at the right times to increase your reach online.
If you’ve any questions, do let us know in the comments. Please share it with others if you find it useful.