If you’re looking for best premium WordPress plugins to improve your sites, you’re in the right place.
WordPress is used by almost 18% of the Internet users, it is the ONLY content management platform that offers exceptional features to its users. One of the great things about using WordPress is that you will have access to thousands of plugins (ranging from premium to free). As of now, they have over 33,000 free plugins available on their plugin directory excluding the premium plugins.
Why Use Premium WordPress Plugins?
So when you have access to so many free plugins, why should you consider using premium WordPress plugins? That’s a great question.
3 reasons to use premium WordPress plugins
- Features: Premium WP plugins offer top notch performance and include great features (that most free plugins can’t offer)
- Updates: They regularly get updated
- Support: They come up with support forums and customer satisfaction
If you are really serious about making money online, you must invest money on your WordPress sites. One of the best ways to invest your money on your sites is to buy WordPress plugins that add exceptional value. Here are few premium WordPress plugins that are worth paying every penny.
Top 20 Premium WordPress Plugins List [2019 Edition]
Table of Contents
- Why Use Premium WordPress Plugins?
- Top 20 Premium WordPress Plugins List [2019 Edition]
- 1. WP Rocket: Caching Plugin
- 2. VaultPress Plugin: Backups and Security
- 3. Yoast SEO Premium: OnPage SEO plugin
- 4. Social Warfare Pro: for Social Shares
- 5. Sumo: Automate Your Site Growth
- 6. Thrive Leads: List Building Plugin
- 7. OptinMonster: Convert visitors into subscribers
- 8. Author hReview Premium: Star Ratings plugin
- 9. Visual Composer Premium: Website Builder
- 10. MemberPress: Create Membership Sites
- 11. BackupBuddy: WordPress Backup Premium Plugin
- 12. Gravity Forms: Create Advanced Forms
- 13. SecuPress: Premium Security Plugin
- 14. EasyAzon Plugin: For Amazon Affiliates
- 15. Envira Gallery: Premium WordPress Gallery Plugin
- 16. Soliloquy WP: Responsive WordPress Slider Plugin
- 17. iThemes Security Pro: WordPress Security Plugin
- 18. OIO Publisher: Manage Your Website Ad Space Easily
- 19. WP Reviews: For creating Review Website
- 20. Comments Plus: Manage WordPress Comments
- Final thoughts about top 20 premium WordPress plugins for 2019
Most of the functionalities I imagined about adding to my blog, they all can be easily done through installation of Premium or free WordPress plugins. So here is the collection of my top 20 Premium WordPress Plugins that are worth each and every penny.
WP Rocket is considered as one of the fastest cache premium WordPress plugins by SEO experts. Their amazing features like page caching, automatic GZIP compression, Google fonts optimization etc will make your site blazing fast.
Price: $39 per 1 site
WP Rocket Features:
Here are some of the great benefits of this premium WordPress plugin that you won’t see on other cache plugins like W3 total cache, WP Super cache etc.
- Cache Preloading
- Sitemap Preloading
- GZIP Compression
- Browser Caching
- Database Optimization
- Google Fonts Optimization
- Page Caching
- Remove Query Strings from Static Resources
- Lazyload Minification / Concatenation
Bottom line: If you’re running a WordPress site and want to accelerate your website loading time with the use of incredible cache plugin, WP Rocket is definitely for you!
- WP Rocket Plugin Reviewed with reasons for buying it
- WP Rocket vs W3 Total Cache: Which is best caching plugin?
There are a ton of security threats that millions of WordPress users face every single day, the most common threats are;
- Host failure
- Hacking etc
No matter what the security threat is, you need to be ready to secure your site. Otherwise, even you’ll suffer like I did (someone injected malicious files to steal backlinks from Bloggers Passion an year ago). Since then, I realised the importance of having a bulletproof WordPress security plugin like VaultPress and started using it.
Price: It costs you just $39 per year and worth every single penny you pay!
Here are some of the features that you get with this awesome premium WordPress plugin.
- Automated backups
- Site migration
- Fix detected viruses, malware, and other dangerous threats with a single click
- If anything bad happens to your site, you can restore all your files effortlessly
- File scanning to protect your site from malware, viruses etc
- Stunning spam defence
Here’s how it looks like when you’re restoring your file to VaultPress servers.
Bottom line: The VaultPress plugin connects your site to the VaultPress servers and WordPress optimized backups and security scans will run automatically to protect your site from all vulnerabilities.
Yoast SEO is the most downloaded SEO plugin in the WordPress history with over 40 million downloads. Yes, you heard it right. Over 40 million sites are using Yoast SEO plugin to optimize their content.
It’s a simple to use optimization plugin that allows you to optimize your content for your targeted keywords effortlessly.
Price: Just $89 per 1 site
Yoast SEO Premium Features:
Here are some of the features of this great premium WordPress plugin. Note that, the following features are only available for Yoast SEO premium users and not for free version.
- You can pick up to 5 focus keywords
- Automatic interlinking suggestions
- Preview of your page in Google and social media
- Content insights which lists the 5 words or word combinations that appear most often on your page
- Redirect manager
- 24/7 support for 1 year
With Yoast SEO premium, you can target multiple focus keywords, here’s how it looks like from dashboard.
Bottom line: If you want to get more visitors from search engines like Google, Bing etc you need to have access to a proper optimization tool like Yoast. Yoast SEO premium gives you access to great features to boost your overall SEO. Click this link to know why you need to pick Yoast Premium version over its free version.
Social Warfare Pro is considered as one of the ultimate premium WordPress plugins. This is a great plugin if you want to increase your social shares and traffic.
It allows you to add beautifully designed social media buttons within your posts (anywhere you want, top or bottom of the post, left or right side of your content). The great thing about using this plugin is that it was developed by keeping performance in mind. That means, it doesn’t slow down your site at all (unlike other social sharing plugins).
Price: $29 per 1 site
Social Warfare Pro Features:
Here are the features of using Social Warfare Pro premium WordPress plugin. Note that, you don’t get any of the following features with its free version.
- Customizable social buttons to match your brand
- Access to pinterest specific image
- You can add custom tweets
- Create shareable quotes
- Display social proof
- Includes content protection
- Track how your social shares are performing via Analytics
- Also allows you to recover all the social share counts when switching permalink structures or going from HTTP to HTTPS protocol.
Bottom line: If you want to boost your social shares with a beautifully designed and lightening fast social sharing plugin, Social Warfare Pro is for you.
Sumo are one of the widely used tools created by WordPress experts for WordPress users. Their tools are used by over 600,000 websites worldwide. Although their free tools are enough for most side projects or new sites but their premium version gives you access to a ton more incredible features that are worth paying for.
Price: $29 per month
- Unlimited Subscribers
- Pro Visitor Targeting
- Pre-Built Templates
- Install on 1 Site (starter package)
- Basic Email Integrations
- Email Your Subscribers
- Autoresponder Email
- A/B Tests
- Click Triggers
- Push Notifications
Bottom line: Sumo tools are must if you’re running a WordPress site. They give you access to everything from email marketing to social sharing to heatmaps to growing your traffic.
Thrive Leads is a premium WordPress plugin created to boost your email subscribers by giving you access to a variety of features including 2-step optin form, exit intent popups, A/B testing etc.
Price: A one-time fee of $67, which includes lifetime updates.
Thrive Leads Features:
- SmartLinks (you can show custom calls to actions)
- Customizable Forms
- Conversion Focused Design
- Advanced A/B Testing
- Best-in-Business Reporting Suite
- Exit Intent & Smart Exit
- Advanced Trigger Options
- Precise Targeting Animations (you can use inclusion and exclusion rules to decide exactly where opt-in forms should be seen)
- Built in reporting (you can easily monitor your opt-in forms performance)
- Daily overview (check your progress on a daily basis)
- Various triggers for opt-in forms
- Supports exit intent for popovers (you can display popovers just as a website visitor is about to leave to boost your conversions)
Bottom line: If you want to quadruple your email list really quickly, you need a premium WordPress list building plugin like Thrive Leads.
Do you want to convert abandoning visitors into email subscribers? Then, give a try to OptinMonster developed by WP Beginner (#1 WordPress tutorial based blog) which gives you access to superior exit intent technology to grow your email list.
Price: $9 per month (billed yearly)
- Lightbox Popup
- Exit-Intent Technology
- Fullscreen Welcome Mat
- Floating Bar
- Slide-in Scroll Box
- Inline Forms
- A/B Testing
- Conversion Analytics
- Unlimited Split Tests
- List Segmentation and Page Level Targeting
Bottom line: This incredible email list building premium WordPress plugin is used by over 600,0000 users worldwide and perfect for those who want to turn their abandon visitors into subscribers.
Getting star ratings in Google rich snippets has been never easier with this plugin. It’s premium version is what I use here at Bloggers Passion and works like a charm to get star ratings for the affiliate products you promote through your blogs in search results.
Price: $69 per site (lifetime access)
Author hReview Premium Features:
- Review box
- Easy customization to get star ratings in Google rich snippets
- Modify rich snippets however you want
- One Year of Support
- One Year of Updates
- Access to (All) plugins
- Use only on one site (basic starting plan)
Bottom line: A must have plugin for every blogger who promotes affiliate products which helps you with star ratings for the products in Google search rich snippets.
It is a website builder that allows you to build stunning website design by giving you access to drag and drop editor. Even if you’re not a tech savvy, you can turn your ideas into great WordPress design with their interface.
Price: $59 for 1 site
Visual Composer Premium Features:
Here are some of the features of this amazing premium WordPress plugin.
- Activate on 1 website
- Regular updates
- Premium support
- Unlimited access to Hub
- Drag and drop builder
- Advanced design options
- Instant content update
- Custom CSS
- Premium elements
- Premium templates
- Woocommerce support
Bottom line: This is an awesome paid WordPress tool that easily converts your most advanced technical and visual requirements into a working website. That means, even if you don’t have any technical skills, you can turn your site however you want.
If you’re looking for a robust and easy to use premium WordPress plugin to create membership sites easily, MemberPress is for you.
Price: $119 per year
Here are the benefits of using this plugin.
- Unlimited Members, Unlimited Memberships and Unlimited Restricted Content
- Self-Serve Member Dashboard
- Customizable Registration Form
- Multiple Memberships Per Member
- Full Transaction Management
- Discount Coupons and Custom Trial Coupons
- Unlimited Access Rules
- Content Access Dripping and Content Access Expiration
- Simple Payment Setup
- Complete Tax Handling and Automatic VAT Tax Handling
- Supports all the major payment options like Stripe, PayPal Standard and PayPal Express Checkout
Bottom line: This premium WordPress plugin will help you to instantly start charging your users for access to your content and it is used by thousands of online course creators worldwide.
BackupBuddy developed by iThemes is the most used backup premium WordPress plugins which is currently used by over half a million users worldwide.
Price: $80 per year
Here are the features of the basic plan from BackupBuddy.
- Back up 1 site
- 1 year of plugin updates
- 1 year of ticketed support
- Scheduled Backups: you can schedule backups to run automatically.
- Off-site Backups: you can automatically send your backups off-site to BackupBuddy Stash, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud, an FTP server, or your email.
- Back Up Non-WordPress Tables
- Directory and Database Table Exclusion
- Backup Number and Size Limits
- Email Notifications: you can also receive email notifications for the start and completion of backups, errors and if no backups complete in “x” days
- 1GB of BackupBuddy Stash storage space
- 1 year of access to Stash Live
- 10 iThemes Sync sites
Bottom line: If you want to backup your entire WordPress site (along with files, databases, images etc), BackupBuddy is the best premium WordPress plugin available on the web right now.
If you want to build powerful contact forms anywhere on your website with a ton of amazing features like conditional logic, multi-page forms, unlimited entries etc Gravity Forms can be right choice for your WordPress site needs.
It’s not only used by WordPress experts but also highly recommended premium WordPress plugins to create stunning contact forms.
Price: $59 per year
Gravity Forms Features:
Gravity Forms provides you the following benefits.
- 30+ custom designed contact forms to choose
- Conditional Logic: This feature allows you to configure your form to show or hide fields, sections, pages or even the submit button based on user selections
- Email notifications whenever someone joins as a lead
- The ability to upload files in your contact form
- Google reCaptcha, Really Simple Captcha and Akismet options to fight against spam in your contact form pages
- Integrations with MailChimp, PayPal, Stripe, Freshbooks, Dropbox, Zapier and many more
- Unlimited Forms
- Unlimited Entries
- Conditional Logic
- Multi-Page Forms
- Automatic Updates
- Access to customer support
Bottom line: Creating a contact form has never been easier with Gravity Forms. Although it’s a premium WordPress plugin to create contact forms but gives you access to customize your contact form however you want by fighting against spam in a better way.
This is a solid premium security WordPress plugin to fight against vulnerable threats that can harm your site. If you want to safeguard your WordPress site against all the security threats, you can consider using this incredible plugin.
Price: $59 per 1 site
- Protection of Security Keys
- Blocked IPs
- Change Database Prefix
- Anti Brute Force login
- Scan Security Points
- Backup for DB and Files
- Two Factor Authentication
- Vulnerable Plugins and Themes detection
Bottom line: This is a great security plugin for WordPress sites that allows you to limit the login attempts, backups, hiding login pages and many more.
Are you running a website that’s promoting Amazon affiliate products? If yes, this plugin is timesaver for you. This amazing plugin makes adding and managing affiliate links so much faster and easier.
- You can easily control your affiliate links through website defaults or on an individual link by link basis.
- You can easily set links to open in a new window when clicked, apply a nofollow attribute and customize your affiliate links from Amazon according to your SEO needs.
- You can enable or disable “Add To Cart” in EasyAzon 4 plugin for individual links
Bottom line: If you’re promoting Amazon affiliate products and finding it really hard to cloak your links and boost your Amazon sales, this plugin is a must.
If you’re running photography or videography related website or if you want to showcase photo and video galleries on your site, this ultimate premium WordPress plugin is for you.
Envira Gallery Features:
Here are the features of this premium WordPress plugin.
- Drag and drop builder
- Standalone galleries
- Responsive galleries
- Social sharing addon
- Slideshow addon
- Photo Albums and Video Gallery
- Full screen Display
- Pagination addon
- Password protection addon
- Proofread addon
- Featured addon and breadcrumb addon
Bottom line: This is one of the best premium WordPress gallery plugins to display your photo and video galleries without any hassle. You can password protect, add slideshows, use drag and drop builder to display your galleries however you want.
Do you want to create beautifully design sliders to showcase your email optin forms, blog posts or important information on your sites easily? Then, give a try to this premium WordPress plugin to create great sliders within seconds.
Price: $19 per 1 site
Here are the features of this plugin.
- Featured Content Slider
- WooCommerce Slider
- Carousel Slider
- Lightbox Slider
- Thumbnails Slider
- Dynamic Slider
- PDF Slider Addon
- Slider Themes
- Instagram Slider
Bottom line: This plugin is for suitable for photographers, designers, bloggers, and small businesses to display sliders within seconds. No coding required.
To secure your WordPress site, you don’t need a WordPress security expert who literally charges thousands of dollars per project. With the help of iThemes security pro WordPress plugin, you can easily protect your site from hacking, viruses and all the other serious vulnerabilities.
This premium WordPress plugin is made by iThemes team and it is considered as one of the widely preferred security plugins for WordPress sites.
Price: $80 per year (for 2 sites)
Here are the awesome features that you get with this premium WordPress security plugin.
- WordPress malware scanning
- Sucuri SiteCheck uses a 10-point site check to scan your site for known malware, blacklist status, website errors to protect your WordPress sites
- User-level security
- This plugin also works with common two-factor authentication mobile apps such as Google Authenticator, Authy, FreeOTP and Toopher
- Easily admin login
- Offers brute force protection
Bottom line: This is an essential premium security WordPress plugin to secure your site from all the hacking related threats. Even if you’re not a tech savvy, just install the plugin and it will take care of everything else.
OIO publisher Plugin is an ad manager plugin for WordPress sites. If your blog or website is using ads to generate money, this plugin is a gift for you. It’s the most flexible plugin to sell all forms of text ads, banner ads, and paid reviews on your WordPress sites.
OIO Publisher Plugin Features:
- Complete control over all advertising options on your blog
- You can save valuable time while earning money selling ads though this plugin You will be keeping the 100% revenue in your pocket. When you sell ads via other popular ad buying and selling marketplaces like BuySellAds.com or AdvertiseSpace.com you will only get 75% or 80% of your total earnings
- Your blog will be listed in OIO Publisher marketplace directory for free
- You can easily sell banner ads, text ads, paid reviews, digital products or affiliate products
- A single license is enough to cover all your websites
Bottom line: If you own a WordPress blog and don’t know how to manage different advertising spaces on your blog, OIO Publisher Plugin can help you with the same. After installing OIO Publisher plugin into your WordPress blog, you will have full control over different advertising options you selling to advertisers.
Searching for easy ways to create and manage a review site? Use WP reviews plugin and it saves your time and money. You can use WP Reviews plugin to create full-fledged review websites on restaurants, hotels, web hosts, real estate, computer software or any topic you can think of.
WP Reviews Features:
- Star ratings
- Auto-generated site thumbnails
- Google Maps integration
- Easy addition of affiliate links
- Add comparison tables
Bottom line: This Premium plugin is compatible with all WordPress Themes; no technical skills required from your end. This plugin can be used to convert any existing WordPress blog into review website around any product or service where we used to earn commissions while working as an affiliate for different vendors.
Comments Plus Plugin allows you blog readers to make comments through their Facebook, Twitter and WordPress IDs. Comments Plus plugin is compatible with all the latest versions of WordPress, it’s cross browser tested and search engine optimized so you don’t have worry about anything else.
Comments Plus Plugin Features:
- If user comments post is shared to their Facebook
- Allow users to comment using social login
- Comment using WordPress.com login
- Subscribe commenters to MailChimp
- Auto tweets post for commenter
- Toggle allowed social services
Bottom line: If you’re looking for ways to increase your blog comments, Comments+ can be a great choice for WordPress users as it allows your commenters to leave comments on your blog in multiple ways.
Browse more WordPress Plugins:
- Yoast SEO Premium vs Free: Detailed Review
- W3 Total Cache vs WP Super Cache: Which is better caching plugin?
- EasyAzon Plugin Review: is it the best Amazon Affiliate plugin?
- WP Rocket vs W3 Total Cache: Which is the best caching plugin?
- Unbiased WP Rocket Plugin Review
Final thoughts about top 20 premium WordPress plugins for 2019
Before buying any one of the premium WordPress plugins from the above list, know your blogging needs. Only then decide about the plugins you want to use, also find out if there are alternatives available. After all, we all want to save money to build a successful website online. The tools and plugins mentioned in this article has few affiliate links, that means I earn a small commission when you purchase using them.
In case you feel I’ve missed few premium WordPress Plugins that should have been in this list, share in the comments section below.