Are you looking for the latest blogging statistics for 2022? We’ve got you covered.
Blogging is evolving despite the rise of social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Millions of people are using blogs to generate income, drive traffic to their sites, and grow their brand online. A ton of people are reading blogs and websites to find specific information about products, movies, startups, etc.
So in this post, you’ll find a list of 35 mind-boggling statistics on blogging.
Let’s jump into the details without much ado.
Table of Contents
35 Eye-Opening Blogging Statistics for 2022
Blogging Growth Statistics
Here are some of the amazing stats related to blogging growth.
How many blogs are there in the world?
1. There are over 600 million blogs in the world today, out of over 1.9 billion websites.
How many blog posts are published every day?
2. According to Internet Live Stats, on average, over 3 million blog posts are published per day. On the WordPress platform, over 70 million blog posts are published each month.
How many comments do users leave on other websites?
3. On WordPress, users produce about 77 million new comments each month.
How many people are reading WordPress.com sites?
4. Over 409 million people read more than 20 billion pages each month.
How many eCommerce stores are in the world?
5. There are an estimated 24 million to 26 million eCommerce websites in the world.
Blogging Traffic Statistics
Here are some of the stats related to blogging content and traffic.
What’s the most popular blog content type?
1. According to Statista, 77% of bloggers worldwide chose “How-to” articles as the most popular blog content format. “News and trends” articles were ranked second, with 49% of bloggers stating that they’ve published that content format.
What’s the average word count for traffic-generating blog posts?
2. According to HubSpot, articles with a word count between 2250 and 2500 earn the most organic traffic.
What’s the #1 traffic source for full-time bloggers?
3. According to Growth Badger, bloggers who earn over $50,000 per year give a lot of importance to SEO. Their #1 traffic source is Google search and they almost always perform keyword research.
Are blogs still effective?
4. According to Optin Monster, websites that also have a blog are shown to have 434% more indexed pages. Companies who blog get 97% more links to their websites. Obviously, blogs are still effective if you want to generate more traffic.
How hard is it to get traffic to a blog?
5. Over 50% of bloggers report that it has gotten harder to get traffic from Facebook over the past two years, and nearly one-fifth say it has gotten harder to get traffic from Google (Optin Monster).
How much time does it take to write a blog post?
6. According to Orbit Media, 38% of bloggers who spend at least 6 hours writing a post report have amazing results.
How often do bloggers publish new content?
7. According to First Site Guide, 22% of bloggers said that they post 2 to 3 blog posts weekly. Their posting frequency depends on the target audience and the type of blog.
According to Orbit Media, 67% of bloggers that post once per day report excellent results.
Can social media drive traffic to blogs?
8. According to Social Media Examiner, 97% of bloggers report that social media helps them increase traffic. According to Optin Monster, around 95.9% of bloggers promote their blog posts via social media.
Does adding images help blog posts?
9. Yes, they do! According to Optin Monster, articles with images get 94% more views as opposed to those blog posts with no visuals. Also, 71% of bloggers report using visuals as part of their marketing strategy.
Is website design important for traffic and conversions?
10. Absolutely yes. According to Webfx, 38% of users will stop using a website if they find the design or website layout unattractive.
Can writing more blog posts help with search traffic?
11. One in ten blog posts are compounding, meaning organic search increases their traffic over time (Source: HubSpot). So yes, if you’re publishing more QUALITY posts, you’ll definitely see a traffic spike.
Blogging Income Statistics
Here are some of the interesting stats about blogging income.
What’s the #1 income source for most bloggers?
1. Google AdSense is the most popular monetization method bloggers use, followed by affiliate marketing. But for higher-income bloggers, AdSense ranks third: they are 2.5 times as likely to sell their own product or service as they are to use AdSense. (Source: Growth Badger)
How much do bloggers earn per year?
2. In the US, bloggers can earn up to $51,906 a year (Source: Glassdoor).
How much is the percent of affiliate income for high-earning bloggers?
3. According to Semrush, bloggers who make between $7,500 and $25,000 per month get 42.2% of their revenue through affiliate programs.
What percent of bloggers make money from writing?
4. Over 65% of bloggers make money from freelance writing, according to Semrush.
What niches are most profitable?
5. Food and personal finance bloggers make the most income. The food bloggers make a median monthly income of $9,169, while personal finance bloggers make $9,100 (source: Semrush).
Business Blogging Statistics
Are you considering starting a blog to boost your business growth? Here are some of the fascinating business blogging statistics you must know.
Do people trust the information on a website?
1. Yes, according to Bright Local, 73% of consumers trust the information on a business’s website over other sources.
Is content marketing worth your money?
2. Absolutely yes, content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates more than three times as many leads. (According to Demand Metric)
Is SEO important to grow a blog or website?
3. Yes. 61% of marketers say growing SEO and organic presence on their websites is their top inbound marketing priority. (According to HubSpot)
Should you make your website mobile-friendly?
4. Yes, 52.2% of all website traffic worldwide comes from mobile phones. (According to Statista)
According to Think With Google, there are more searches on mobile than on desktop.
Is local SEO important for a business?
5. Yes, 30% of all mobile searches are related to location. 76% of people who search on their smartphones for something nearby visit a business within a day. 28% of those searches for something nearby result in a purchase. (Think With Google)
How many searches are performed on Google in a day?
6. Google now processes over 40,000 search queries every second on average), which translates to over 3.5 billion searches per day and 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide.
How many blogs are written in English?
7. According to WordPress, 71% of WordPress blogs are written in English.
What is the age group of most bloggers?
8. According to ConvertKit, 69% of bloggers are in the 25-44 age range and 23% were 45 or older.
Should you spend money on content?
9. Yes, definitely. According to the Semrush survey, 78% of bloggers believe their content marketing was very successful, and 46% of companies increased their paid content promotional budget.
Is blogging still popular?
10. Yes, according to HubSpot, after online videos and eBooks, blogging is the third most common content marketing strategy.
Blogging Platform Statistics
Here are some of the powerful stats around various blogging platforms.
How many websites use the WordPress platform?
1. According to WordPress.com, 43% of the websites are built on WordPress.
What is the total number of blogs on Tumblr?
2. According to Tumblr’s official website, there are over 548.4 million blogs on Tumblr.
How many users use Wix.com as their blogging platform?
3. Wix currently has over 200 million users from over 190 countries. Wix website builder supports 17 languages. Over 350 million active domain names have a Wix website.
How many websites use Weebly?
4. According to Weebly’s official website, over 50 million sites around the world use Weebly as their blogging platform.
Is blogging still profitable in 2022?
Most people ask us this question “Is blogging still profitable? Can I make money from blogging?”.
Yes, blogging is still profitable.
To be honest, for some people, blogging can be an excellent way to generate full-time income. But for others, it may not be worth the time as it takes A LOT of effort to maintain a successful blog.
It’s important to note that blogging takes time and effort to generate income.
In fact, it took us several years to start generating thousands of dollars from blogging. If you’re curious, here’s the yearly breakdown of our blog’s earnings. You can read our blog income reports to find more details.
- Our blog generated $21,789 in 2016 (average monthly earnings: $1815)
- Our blog generated $67,294 in 2017 (average monthly earnings: $5607)
- Our blog generated $106,116 in 2018 (average monthly earnings: $8843)
- Our blog generated $128,014 in 2019 (average monthly earnings: $10,667)
- In 2020, we made $140,298 (average monthly earnings: $11,691)
- In the last year i.e. 2021, we made $160,836 in 2021 (average monthly earnings: $13,403)
What can you learn from our blog’s success? It takes time to grow your income.
And… yes, blogging is very profitable if you’re consistent with your efforts.
The bottom line is if you’re in a hurry and looking for quick shortcuts, blogging is NOT for you. But if you can spend at least 2 hours for a year or two, you can build a blog that makes money.
In case you want to create your own professional blog, you can go through an easy-to-read and detailed guide on how to start a blog. Not only this guide teaches you about launching a blog but you’ll also discover how to make $10,000 a month from blogging.
FAQs | Blogging Statistics 2022
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about blogging and blogging platforms.
Over 3 million blog posts are published every single day according to Internet Live Stats whereas, on the WordPress platform, over 2.3 million blog posts are published each day.
At an overage, casual bloggers earn between $300 and $500 per month whereas full-time bloggers earn between $3000 to $20,000 and more.
There are more than 600 million blogs that exist in the world out of 1.9 billion websites.
42.9% of all websites are built with WordPress (According to W3Techs).
Tumblr was founded in 2007 by David Karp. Matt Mullenweg is the current CEO of Tumblr, who’s also the Automattic CEO and WordPress founder.
The common monetization methods most bloggers use include affiliate marketing, display ads such as Google AdSense, selling their own products, and offering services such as freelance writing.
- The Future of Blogging: Are Blogs Still Relevant in 2022
- 25 Best Blogging Tips Based On 15+ Years of Blogging Experience
- How to Make Money Blogging As a Beginner
- How to Create An Event Blog & Make Money
Final thoughts on statistics about blogging
Blogging isn’t dead. In fact, blogging has become extremely popular in recent years.
There are over 600 million blogs are in the existence in the world, with thousands of more blogs being created every day.
So if you’ve NOT started a blog yet, this is the right time to start a blog.
So what do you think about the blogging statistics shared here? Did you find the stats useful? If you like the post, please share it with others and let us know your thoughts in the comments.