Are you looking for the latest blogging statistics for 2023? We’ve got you covered.
Blogging is evolving despite the rise of social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Millions of people use blogs to generate income, drive traffic to their sites, and grow their brands online. Many people read blogs and websites to find specific information about products, movies, startups, etc.
So in this post, you’ll find a list of 35 mind-boggling statistics on blogging.
Let’s jump into the details without much ado.
Table of Contents
35 Eye-Opening Blogging Statistics for 2023
Blogging Growth Statistics
Here are some of the fantastic stats related to blogging growth.
How many blogs are there in the world?
1. There are over 600 million blogs today out of over 1.9 billion websites.
How many blog posts are published every day?
2. According to Internet Live Stats, over 3 million blog posts are published daily on average. On the WordPress platform, over 70 million blog posts are published monthly.
How many comments do users leave on other websites?
3. On WordPress, users produce about 77 million new comments each month.
How many people are reading WordPress.com sites?
4. Over 409 million people read more than 20 billion pages each month.
How many eCommerce stores are in the world?
5. There are an estimated 24 million to 26 million eCommerce websites worldwide.
Blogging Traffic Statistics
Here are some of the stats related to blogging content and traffic.
What’s the most popular blog content type?
1. According to Statista, 77% of bloggers chose “How-to” articles as the most popular blog content format. “News and trends” articles were ranked second, with 49% of bloggers stating that they’ve published that content format.
What’s the average word count for traffic-generating blog posts?
2. According to HubSpot, articles with a word count between 2250 and 2500 earn the most organic traffic.
What’s the #1 traffic source for full-time bloggers?
3. According to Growth Badger, bloggers who earn over $50,000 per year give a lot of importance to SEO. Their #1 traffic source is Google search and they almost always perform keyword research.
Are blogs still effective?
4. According to Optin Monster, websites that also have a blog are shown to have 434% more indexed pages. Companies who blog get 97% more links to their websites. Obviously, blogs are still effective if you want to generate more traffic.
How hard is it to get traffic to a blog?
5. Over 50% of bloggers report that it has gotten harder to get traffic from Facebook over the past two years, and nearly one-fifth say it has gotten harder to get traffic from Google (Optin Monster).
How much time does it take to write a blog post?
6. According to Orbit Media, 38% of bloggers who spend at least 6 hours writing a post report to have excellent results.
How often do bloggers publish new content?
7. According to First Site Guide, 22% of bloggers post 2 to 3 blog posts weekly. Their posting frequency depends on the target audience and the type of blog.
According to Orbit Media, 67% of bloggers posting once daily report excellent results.
Can social media drive traffic to blogs?
8. According to Social Media Examiner, 97% of bloggers report that social media helps them increase traffic. According to Optin Monster, around 95.9% of bloggers promote their blog posts via social media.
Does adding images help blog posts?
9. Yes, they do! According to Optin Monster, articles with images get 94% more views as opposed to those blog posts with no visuals. Also, 71% of bloggers report using visuals as part of their marketing strategy.
Is website design important for traffic and conversions?
10. Absolutely yes. According to Webfx, 38% of users will stop using a website if they find the design or website layout unattractive.
Can writing more blog posts help with search traffic?
11. One in ten blog posts are compounding, meaning organic search increases their traffic over time (Source: HubSpot). So yes, if you’re publishing more QUALITY posts, you’ll definitely see a traffic spike.
Blogging Income Statistics
Here are some of the interesting stats about blogging income.
What’s the #1 income source for most bloggers?
1. Google AdSense is the most popular monetization method bloggers use, followed by affiliate marketing. But for higher-income bloggers, AdSense ranks third: they are 2.5 times as likely to sell their own product or service as they are to use AdSense. (Source: Growth Badger)
How much do bloggers earn per year?
2. In the US, bloggers can earn up to $84,000 a year (Source: Glassdoor).
How much is the percent of affiliate income for high-earning bloggers?
3. According to Semrush, bloggers who make between $7,500 and $25,000 per month get 42.2% of their revenue through affiliate programs.
What percent of bloggers make money from writing?
4. Over 65% of bloggers make money from freelance writing, according to Semrush.
What niches are most profitable?
5. Food and personal finance bloggers make the most income. Food bloggers make a median monthly income of $9,169, while personal finance bloggers make $9,100 (source: Semrush).
Business Blogging Statistics
Are you considering starting a blog to boost your business growth? Here are some of the fascinating business blogging statistics you must know.
Do people trust the information on a website?
1. Yes, according to Bright Local, 73% of consumers trust the information on a business’s website over other sources. 61% of online users in the US have bought something after reading a blog.
Is content marketing worth your money?
2. Absolutely yes, content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates more than three times as many leads. (According to Demand Metric)
Is SEO important to grow a blog or website?
3. Yes. 61% of marketers say growing SEO and organic presence on their websites is their top inbound marketing priority. (According to HubSpot)
Read: Important SEO Statistics You Need to Know in 2023
Should you make your website mobile-friendly?
4. Yes, 52.2% of all website traffic worldwide comes from mobile phones. (According to Statista)
According to Think With Google, there are more mobile searches than desktop searches.
Is local SEO important for a business?
5. Yes, 30% of all mobile searches are related to location. 76% of people who search on their smartphones for something nearby visit a business within a day. 28% of those searches for something nearby result in a purchase. (Think With Google)
How many searches are performed on Google in a day?
6. Google now processes over 40,000 search queries every second on average), which translates to over 3.5 billion daily searches and 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide.
How many blogs are written in English?
7. WordPress says 71% of WordPress blogs are written in English.
What is the age group of most bloggers?
8. According to ConvertKit, 69% of bloggers are in the 25-44 age range and 23% were 45 or older.
Should you spend money on content?
9. Yes, definitely. According to the Semrush survey, 78% of bloggers believe their content marketing was very successful, and 46% of companies increased their paid content promotional budget.
Is blogging still popular?
10. According to HubSpot, blogging is the third most common content marketing strategy after online videos and eBooks.
Blogging Platform Statistics
Here are some of the powerful stats around various blogging platforms.
How many websites use the WordPress platform?
1. According to W3Techs, 43.1% of websites are built on WordPress (over 810 million sites), of which 63.5% of all WordPress sites use version 6.
What is the total number of blogs on Tumblr?
2. According to Tumblr’s official website, there are over 568 million blogs on Tumblr. Tumblr is available in 18 languages.
How many users use Wix.com as their blogging platform?
3. Wix currently has over 200 million users from over 190 countries. Wix website builder supports 17 languages. Over 350 million active domain names have a Wix website.
How many websites use Weebly?
4. According to Weebly’s official website, over 50 million sites use Weebly as their blogging platform.
Is blogging still profitable in 2023?
Most people ask us, “Is blogging still profitable? Can I make money from blogging?”.
Yes, blogging is still profitable.
To be honest, for some people, blogging can be an excellent way to generate full-time income. But for others, it may not be worth the time, as maintaining a successful blog takes A LOT of effort.
It’s important to note that blogging takes time and effort to generate income.
In fact, it took us several years to start generating thousands of dollars from blogging. If you’re curious, here’s the yearly breakdown of our blog’s earnings. You can read our blog income reports to find more details.
- Our blog generated $21,789 in 2016 (average monthly earnings: $1815)
- Our blog generated $67,294 in 2017 (average monthly earnings: $5607)
- Our blog generated $106,116 in 2018 (average monthly earnings: $8843)
- Our blog generated $128,014 in 2019 (average monthly earnings: $10,667)
- In 2020, we made $140,298 (average monthly earnings: $11,691)
- In 2021, we made $160,836 in 2021 (average monthly earnings: $13,403)
- In 2022, we made $226,000+ (average monthly earnings: $18,800+)
What can you learn from our blog’s success? It takes time to grow your income.
And… yes, blogging is very profitable if you’re consistent with your efforts.
The bottom line is if you’re in a hurry and looking for quick shortcuts, blogging is NOT for you. But if you can spend at least 2 hours for a year or two, you can build a blog that makes money.
In case you want to create your own professional blog, you can go through an easy-to-read and detailed guide on how to start a blog. Not only this guide teaches you about launching a blog but you’ll also discover how to make $10,000 a month from blogging.
- How to Make Money from Pet Blogging in 2023?
- 15 Free Blogging Sites for Creating Blogs in 2023
- 20 Best Blogging Courses for Beginners
- How to Create a Micro Niche Blog and Make Profit from it?
- 10 Blogging Skills You Need to Become a Successful Blogger
- How to Start a Weight Loss Blog and Make Money from It?
FAQs | Blogging Statistics 2023
Here are some frequently asked questions about blogging statistics and platforms.
Over 3 million blog posts are published every single day, according to Internet Live Stats, whereas, on the WordPress platform, over 2.3 million blog posts are published each day.
At an overage, casual bloggers earn between $300 and $500 per month, whereas full-time bloggers earn between $3000 to $20,000 and more.
More than 600 million blogs exist out of 1.9 billion websites.
43.1% of all websites (around 810 million) are built with WordPress (According to W3Techs).
Tumblr was founded in 2007 by David Karp. Matt Mullenweg is the current CEO of Tumblr, the Automattic CEO, and the WordPress founder.
The standard monetization methods most bloggers use include affiliate marketing, display ads such as Google AdSense, selling their own products, and offering services such as freelance writing.
- The Future of Blogging: Are Blogs Still Relevant in 2023
- 25 Best Blogging Tips Based On 15+ Years of Blogging Experience
- How to Make Money Blogging As a Beginner
- How to Create An Event Blog & Make Money
- How Much Does a Website Cost in 2023?
- Artificial Intelligence Statistics For 2023 [Updated List]
Final Thoughts on Blogging Statistics 2023
Blogging isn’t dead. In fact, blogging has become extremely popular in recent years.
There are over 600 million blogs in existence worldwide, with thousands more blogs being created daily.
So if you’ve NOT started a blog yet, this is the right time to start a blog.
So what do you think about the blogging statistics shared here? Did you find the stats helpful? If you like the post, please share it with others and share your thoughts in the comments.
Reader Comments (5)
I want to start my blogging career. Thanks for a very detailed and helpful post you have here. You have given me knowledge about data blogging. I hope your tips will help me a lot and other people who wants to start their blogging career.
Interesting piece. Blogging have proven to be among the best online businesses. Thanks for this wonderful insights.
A very detailed and helpful post you have here.Thanks for sharing this article. You have given me knowledge about data blogging. I hope your tips will help me a lot and other people who wants to start their blogging career.
Thanks for sharing these exclusive important data about blogging. Indeed blogging is getting more competition. But also, whenever competition, there’s huge profit opportunities.
Wow! Amazing stats .. thanks for that
It’s amazing How we Bloggers make money with SEO and Good Keyword Search .