So how to get your blog noticed in 2019? Did you know that there are literally millions of blogs are going live each week?
Getting your blog noticed in the crowded niche is the primary key to success. If you are not focusing on creating a unique brand for your own blog, it will go nowhere.
“If you build it, they will come” is the worst advice given by many people. If you are blindly following it without considering your audience, your blog will eventually die without capturing even a single sale.
You should compile the phrase into “if you build it, they won’t come – you have to work very hard to build audience”.
Here are the 3 goals to consider before making your site a success.
- Standing out from the crowd
- Getting more exposure back to your websites
- Making money by helping people
Most beginners think that they can make money once they get good amount of traffic. To get more traffic, they write posts day in and day out. And they hope for their traffic stats to blow but it will never happen. That’s the reason why most blogs fail to make money online.
If you want to avoid that trap, think about different ways to get your blog noticed in 2019. This detailed guide is exclusively for you to help you do that. Let’s get into the details.
How to get your blog noticed in 2019
Table of Contents
- How to get your blog noticed in 2019
- Keep it simple as less is always more
- How to make your website stand out on Google?
- Start using SEMrush
- Your writing style is what makes you unique
- Leverage others traffic
- Is your blog worth reading?
- Making money is not a rocket science
- Checklist On How to Get Your Blog Noticed in 2019
- FAQs About How to Get Your Blog Noticed In 2019
- Final thoughts on how to get your blog noticed in 2019 and beyond
Keep it simple as less is always more
Most people think that they need to make a lot of changes and use fancy elements in order to make their blog noticed. That’s a wrong approach to building a site that actually stands out from the crowd.
If you keep it simple, you can attract more because less is always more when it comes to online. Here are few ways to keep your website design and other important things simple.
Keep your sidebar simple: We often notice that a lot of bloggers use their sidebars completely wrong. Either they stuff with too many widgets or use none. Less is more when it comes to keeping your sidebar effectively. Use less widgets, show popular posts and use email sign up forms to generate leads.
Use less social sharing buttons: There’s no point of showing 5 to 10 social sharing icons at the end of your posts, left side, right side or above the fold. No one shares if you use too many social sharing icons unless you’ve a high traffic website. Use 2 to 3 social media buttons where your target audience mostly spend time on.
If you look at our blog, we only use 3 sharing buttons shown in below image.
Don’t ask for too many details in an optin form: Email list can be your money making machine so if you’re serious about making money from blogging and to get your blog noticed, make sure to build an email list. But keep it simple by asking just name or email address. Sometimes, asking just their email will be enough as less is really more.
Keep your website’s logo simple: Either hire someone on Fiverr or use free logo maker tools online to create a logo for your website. Just make sure to keep it simple instead of using fancy letters or color combinations. If possible, try to add a tag line about your website.
Don’t show too many posts on the home page: There’s no point of showing 20 to 30 posts on your home page unless you’re running a news aggregator site. Show just 5 to 10 blog posts with enticing headlines and you’ll notice better results.
How to make your website stand out on Google?
The best way to get your blog noticed is to make the most out of Google search. Here are few practical ways to make your website stand out in Google search results in 2019 and beyond.
Get featured snippets
Here’s how a featured snippet looks like on Google search.
If you look at the above illustration, you’ll notice that we’re getting a featured snippet for the keyword “top indian blogs”. Although it’s not ranking #1 for that keyword, still we’re generating a lot of traffic since it got a featured snippet.
So what’s a featured snippet anyway?
Google programmatically determines that a web page contains a likely relevant answer to the user’s question and shows the result and that’s known as a featured snippet. These are shown as experts to the users so the people don’t have to visit the site to read the whole content, as they’ll get a gist of the content in bullet points).
To get featured snippets for your content, here are few things you should do;
- Use sub headings with h2 and h3 tags
- Make sure to answer your readers questions by adding a FAQ section within your blog posts (it works like a charm)
- Use descriptive sub headings instead of using two or 3 words so they’ll get picked up in Google featured snippets easily
- Make sure to provide the BEST answer to your user queries. This is the most effective way to get snippets for almost any keyword query your target audience are looking for on Google search
- Make sure to know the questions that your target audience asking. You can use sites like Quora to find what questions they are asking in your industry and we often use sites like Quora to provide the best answers to users queries.
- Write detailed content. We often notice a common pattern when it comes to featured snippets as most of them have very detailed content. Google is definitely biased towards in-depth content so make sure to work around it to get better results
Use a review plugin
Getting star ratings in Google rich snippets is one of the best ways to get more click through rates for you blog posts, reviews and so on. Here at Bloggers Passion we use an incredible tool called Author hReview which is an essential plugin every WordPress user should use.
Whether you know it or not, Google shows rich snippets which actually extract and show more useful information from web pages than the preview text that you are used to seeing. So this plugin helps you get rich snippets with ease. Here’s the list of benefits you get with this plugin;
- Review box
- Easy customization to get star ratings in Google rich snippets
- Modify rich snippets however you want
- One Year of Support And One Year of Updates
Here’s how it looks in action;
Start using SEMrush
If there’s only one tool you should get access to, it’s SEMrush. Hands down, SEMrush is the widely used SEO tool (used by over 2.5 million people worldwide) for doing everything from keyword research to competitor analysis to site audits to domain comparison.
Here are some of the biggest benefits of using SEMrush to get your blog noticed even in a crowded niche.
- Domain Analytics which helps you analyzing traffic and also gives you keyword statistics of domains and URLs so you can better judge a site
- Keyword Analytics feature for conducting SEO along with PPC keyword research to analyze metrics of popular search phrases and ad copies of your competitor sites
- The ability to create and manage your website projects which help you audit, track, and monitor the visibility and health of your website (in order to rank well in search engines like Google)
SEMrush offers 3 pricing options
- Pro starts at $99.95 monthly
- Guru starts at $199.95 monthly
- Business starts at $399.95 monthly
Quick note: Only for Bloggers Passion audience, you’ll get a 14 days free trial to SEMrush pro account by using this exclusive link (it’s worth $47), so go give it a try for free.
That being said, if you want to know more about SEMrush along with its features, go read this unbiased SEMrush review.
Your writing style is what makes you unique
Few people get quickly noticed online because of their writing tone. They don’t write posts in a generic tone. They differentiate themselves from the crowd by writing in a friendly or witty tone.
So if you want to get your blog easily noticed in 2019, write in a unique style. Figure out your own writing voice and capture readers’ attention. Here are few tips that will help you hone your writing skills.
Learn to write every day: It doesn’t matter if you are too busy or already writing well, you have to make it a habit of writing daily. Then and only then you will be able to create content that gets read.
Keep your paragraphs short: Online reading is different when compared to offline. If you use long paragraphs in your posts, online people will find it hard to digest your stuff. So make sure to break them down to 3 to 5 lines.
Read other bloggers posts: One of the easiest ways to improve your writing is to read other bloggers posts. Read other writers posts, read popular people’s blog posts and analyze how they are writing and grabbing their audience attention.
Focus on your readers first. Without readers, there’s no way you can build a popular blog.
If you just focus on getting more page views or traffic, you can’t build a highly popular blog or website. Sure, you may get more income if you have multiple authors updating your blogs and websites each and every day but it doesn’t mean you will become an authority in your industry.
People pay you, not traffic. People buy from you, they share your posts not search engine crawlers. So when you are new to blogging, instead of focusing on SEO related stuff, focus on user interaction.
Try to figure out what all problems they have, ask them, create surveys, use your email lists etc. to know their frustrations.
Make sure to stand out with your content
Focus on solving your readers problems one at a time. You simply can’t give solutions all at once. You have to brainstorm the ideas, come up with great solutions and write them on your blog posts.
Only then you will be able to grab more people attention over time. Remember it’s the consistency that keeps you going in the long run, you need to be patient when building a popular blog.
The major difference between a successful and failure blog is the CONTENT. You see, whenever you read a popular blog in your niche, you will always find solutions to your problems. So whenever they launch something on their blogs be it paid or free stuff, you will definitely consider using it, right?
That’s why it is very important to focus on giving better user experience through your content.
Leverage others traffic
Blogging is NOT a solo thing. You can’t succeed in online if you don’t get the help from others. You have to think win/win approach, help others first then seek help.
If you want to increase your traffic and get your blog noticed in 2019, leverage others bloggers traffic. How can you do that? Here are 3 simple yet evergreen ways to do that.
Guest posting: Guest blogging is not dead really. But you have to treat guest posting as a way of building relationships, not backlinks. Then you will get all you want, traffic, subscribers, money and even links. So focus on writing great posts for others, gain confidence, build relationships and drive traffic from their blogs.
Link dropping: Link dropping is nothing but linking out to other bloggers from your posts. It is like linking to the relevant posts of others to give a better experience to your blog readers. This strategy will also help you build great connections with the people who you always link. Sooner or later they will also start linking to your posts, so start linking to others posts.
Commenting: Whenever you publish a post, browse other blogs in your niche and start commenting. Commenting on other blogs is the surefire way to get your blog and website noticed in 2019 and beyond. It will not only give you traffic, but you can enhance your network and online reach.
Now, You are writing a regular quality content. But wait, you need to know one more thing, the Keyword Research.
You will need a lot of research to find keywords which suits your niche and then, you can target each of those keywords in your Unique Articles. Suppose you are writing content on SEO, then you will need to find popular keywords related to SEO and then target them in your post so you can drive huge traffic from search Engines. You can use the Google Keyword Planner for this purpose as it the best tool I have ever seen in my blogging career.
Make sure to find and use both commercial and informative keywords.
That Tool will give a lot of information about keywords so you can select according to competition and drive targeted traffic. Now, What the Hell targeted Traffic is? Read it in the next para.
Now, What about Traffic? You need to drive lots of traffic to your blog? How?
I think, I already told you the way to drive traffic, It’s by doing some keyword Research and writing high quality content. But there is two types of traffic, one is targeted and the second is Non-targeted. You need to drive targeted traffic to your blog.
For Example, you have a Blog on SEO, so you will need readers looking for SEO content, if you are driving readers looking for cricket news, then you are not going anywhere, your blog will die sooner or later. Also, Target traffic will have more conversion rate, So always drive targeted visitors to your blog by targeting specific keywords.
Many bloggers will take these two words in a wrong way, they think building lots of backlinks can help them rank high and drive huge traffic but it’s not correct. These days Google is very strict against any kind of manual link building, they want only natural High quality links.
Now, you would be thinking, How you can get natural High quality backlinks? Well, you can use any of the manual methods to get backlinks but only from High authority blogs, Google will always treat it as natural link.
But be carefully because One low quality backlinks can ruin your blog’s SEO and spoil all your efforts. So, be very careful while building backlinks, Even one authority link is better than 1000 low quality links. Go for quality, Rather than Quantity.
Find your threshold
Most people say daily posting sucks. Some people say, you should post daily to grow larger audience. What do you think is the real secret behind building a massive readership?
It’s finding your threshold. Few people may create 1 amazing post each and every day while others can create just 2 posts every week. There’s nothing wrong in choosing the perfect blog post frequency for your blog to make it a success. Sometimes, it takes time to understand your own threshold. So figure out, test and analyze how it works to build your readership.
Engage with the social media influencers
But you need to remember that, you should not build relationships just for the sake of getting huge benefits from them. Instead focus on offering massive value to them, help them to grow their audience, then overtime they will also help you.
Here are few ways to help the influencers before getting help from them.
- Find broken links on their websites and let them know
- Share their blog posts on social media sites
- Comment on their blog posts and
- Often send friendly emails to get in touch
- Ask if there is any chance to guest post on their blogs
Create a hook and build your email list
Want to know the surefire way to leverage your blog traffic for success?
Turn first time visitors into repeating visitors.
How can you do that? Build an email list that is responsive. Without building a list of email subscribers, you really can’t make your blog popular. After all, you have to make few people to listen to what you have to say.
Then and only then they will be able to care about your stuff and buy your products. Only using email list, you can build strong relationships with your subscribers. If you have great connections with them, it becomes easy for you to make more sales either from affiliate marketing or your own products.
Always remember that people don’t buy from strangers especially in online business. So you have to gain trust and build rapport to make them buy. Building email list is the best option to do that.
Is your blog worth reading?
The one question that makes you stand out and get your blog noticed is this, why should I read your site?
If you have the right answers on why should someone spend their time on reading your blog or content, then you are in the right direction. If not, go figure it out.
Design is what makes your blog unique.
If you are seriously thinking about making money from your websites, invest in your blog design. Most online readers won’t like to read stuff on a site that is cluttered heavily. So make your blog simple yet attractive to grab visitors’ attention.
Try to get more blog comments on your posts. This is the surefire way to get your blog noticed in a heavy crowd. If no one comments on your posts, your visitors think that you have no unique stuff so they immediately leave your blog leaving your high bounce rates.
Here are 3 easy steps to get more blog comments.
- Reward your commenters. Whenever someone leaves comments on your posts either reply them or visit their blogs to leave comments.
- Use CommentLuv plugin (it’s available in free and paid versions). This plugin attracts more comments as it shows your commenters previous posts. So most people like to leave comments on CommentLuv enabled blogs.
- Start commenting on other blogs. Why would anyone comment on a new blog if you don’t comment on other blogs? Simple logic, so start commenting on other blog posts and you will start noticing the results.
Making money is not a rocket science
Do you know why most successful bloggers are so profitable and making a living from their websites?
The reason is they are selling something from their websites and helping them to make passive income. That means they are making money even when they are sleeping!
There are basically two ways to make money by selling stuff.
- Making money by selling others products (affiliate marketing)
- Making money by selling your own products (eBooks, videos, podcasts etc.)
Making money from affiliate marketing is not a rocket science, you need to learn how to sell. If you are a beginner and finding it hard to make money from affiliate marketing, don’t lose hopes.
Just focus on how can you help your readers by selling relevant products, write genuine reviews and offer them something for free when they buy from your links. You will definitely notice the best results then.
You can also make money by selling your own products like eBooks (ex: Problogger.net), videos (ex: bodybuilding sites), plugins (ex: WP beginner) etc.
Checklist On How to Get Your Blog Noticed in 2019
Here’s a useful checklist on how to make your website stand out from the crowd in 2019 and beyond.
- Get a faster web hosting service. Hosting not only plays a key role in increasing your website loading times but it also affects your ranking factors because website speed matters a lot both for search engines and users. We recommend you to check out WPX hosting (it’s also the same hosting we’re using for a long time).
- Check that whether your website is mobile friendly or not, you can use tools like MobileTest.me (free tool online) to check the mobile responsive of your site. If it’s mobile friendly, you can use WPTouch (free plugin) to instantly turn your site into a responsive design for your audience.
- Check that all pages have unique page titles with a recommended length of less than 70 characters. You can use use site audit feature from SEMrush to find and fix all your website technical and SEO related issues with ease.
- Always network with other bloggers as building relationships is the key factor that can make or break your blogging success.
- Always be consistent with your blog posting schedule. If you really want to get your blog noticed, you need to stick to a posting frequency, create an editorial calendar and start posting consistently to build audience.
FAQs About How to Get Your Blog Noticed In 2019
Here are few important questions you should know if you want to know how to get your blog noticed in 2019 and beyond.
1. How do I make my WordPress blog popular in 2019?
The best way to make your WordPress blog popular is to do competitor analysis. Make sure to create a list of top 10 blogs in your industry and analyse their traffic sources, backlink sources, monetization strategies, type of content they create and so on so you’ll easily get an idea about what it actually takes to build a profitable blog in your niche.
For doing competitor analysis, you can use tools like SEMrush which gives you easy access to estimate traffic of any site, find out the backlink sources, know the best performing keywords of your competitors and so on.
2. How do I come up with most popular blog topics in my industry?
Join Quora and follow all the topics that are relevant to your industry. You’ll find a ton of answers almost in any industry. These are the questions that most of your target audience are actually asking on a platform like Quora. Here’s how the Quora topics look like;
You can create a list of 10 to 20 topics depending on those questions, do some keyword research around those topics and filter the best topic ideas you can write about. Once you’re done with publishing those topics on your blog, you can go back to Quora and answer briefly, then put a link back to your original answer to help them find more information on your blog.
That way, not only Quora can be used as a blog topic finder but it also helps you bring more traffic to your sites easily.
Recommended: The Complete Guide to Quora Marketing in 2019
3. How can I start a blog on WordPress and what will be the approximate cost?
Congrats for deciding to start a WordPress blog. We highly recommend you to check out Bluehost as we’re using it some of our sites and it’s also one of the very few hosting recommendations by WordPress itself which is used by over 2 million sites worldwide.
It also offers you a free domain for 1 year and you can get their basic plan starting at just around $3 per month. You can click on this link to start your blog on Bluehost.
4. What’s more important to get your blog noticed: SEO or content?
Definitely content rules the blogging world. No one blog is ever famous with crappy content and when you look at almost any popular blog in the world (in any industry), it creates amazing content regularly.
Surprisingly, if your content is good, you’ll also get SEO benefits so you don’t have to specially focus on SEO especially when you’re starting out.
5. How long does it take to get your blog noticed by others?
It really depends on how good your content and promotion strategy is. If your content is good and promoting it across the right channels such as social media sites, influencer outreach and so on, you’ll be able to get your blog noticed within a few months. If not, it might take even a year or two.
Browse more Blogging Resources:
- How to Start a Blog in 2019 [Step by Step Process]
- A Powerful Blog Setup Checklist
- How to Promote Your Blog for Free in 2019
- What is Personal Branding with Personal Brand Examples in 2019
- Top Ways to Interlink Your Blog Posts Like a PRO
Final thoughts on how to get your blog noticed in 2019 and beyond
Make sure you are providing huge value to your audience, and build a great network that helps you make money from your products. If people don’t find any real value in your products, it will eventually turn down your online reputation as well as money.
So what are your thoughts about getting your blog noticed in 2019 or beyond? Do you have more tips on getting more online visibility for blogs? Please share your comments below.