HostGator vs Bluehost
Product Name: HostGator or Bluehost
If you’re struggling to find the proper hosting choice among HostGator and Bluehost, this honest review comparison will help you with that. You’ll find which one is better along with pros, cons, features and pricing.
Looking for an expert review of HostGator vs Bluehost? Are you confused choosing hosting among Bluehost and HostGator? Well, you are in the right place.
In this HostGator vs Bluehost review post, we’ll talk about all their features and pricing options and we’ll let you decide which hosting is the best among them.
It’s really hard to find the honest web hosting review between HostGator and Bluehost because everyone wants to sell and make commissions.
This often leads to more confusion because every other review recommends a different hosting. So I thought of creating a detailed yet most unbiased review of the two hosting service providers.
Let’s get started without much ado.
Table of Contents
- HostGator and Bluehost Comparison: Which One Is Better And Why in 2019?
- Everything You Need to Know About Bluehost
- Everything You Should Know About HostGator
- Things That Make Bluehost Better
HostGator and Bluehost Comparison: Which One Is Better And Why in 2019?
|Pricing||$2.95/mo (after discount)||$2.78/mo|
|Money back guarantee||30 days||45 days|
|Sign Up Link|
Everything You Need to Know About Bluehost
Established in 1996 Bluehost is one of the oldest and most experienced web hosting company around which has been providing quality hosting solutions to individuals, small businesses and enterprise class hosting. The great factor to go with BlueHost is that they offer you an very low entry barrier – the price for their web hosting is pretty affordable for the class of hosting they provide.
Bluehost is used by many top bloggers like Pat Flynn, Harsh Agrawal etc. to run their websites. If you are searching for a better web hosting service at an affordable price of $2.95 per month, Bluehost is the right choice for you without a doubt. I am using the same hosting service provider on all of my websites from a long time now and I am fully satisfied with their services. So let’s start this comparison post with Bluehost pros and cons.
- It offers reliable hosting service.
- Bluehost offers free SSL certificate to every new and existing users.
- Bluehost also offers a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you are not happy with their hosting, you can cancel your account within the first 30 days and get a full refund!
- It offers free, unlimited email accounts for the top-end plan.
- It provides 24×7 on site support through toll-free phone, email and live chat. It offers fast, helpful, friendly customer service
- BlueHost’s hosting plans are quite cheap when compared to most of their competitors.
- You get a free domain name for a year included with your purchase
- Even though there are many useful add-ons available, you need to install many of them to get the full functionality you need.
- Bluehost shared hosting comes in three different packages. If you want to create only one website, then you can take up the basic package. If you plan to host multiple sites, then go with the “plus” package. If your needs who.is guard & site backup pro, then you should go for the Choice Plus package.
- It offers unlimited hosting resources. This means that you can host unlimited files and use unlimited bandwidth.
- Bluehost uses cPanel which makes managing your hosting account easier. It features an icon-based interface, themed layout and rich features.
- It performs automatic daily backups for all your website data and stored files.
If you can afford it, then the WordPress hosting on Bluehost is considered to be top-notch. If you are looking for a reliable web host with a strong reputation then BlueHost is for you. No doubt, BlueHost is the better choice for hosting personal websites and small businesses.
Although I’ve written a lot of reviews and discount codes on Bluehost, I still think you should choose it only after knowing its features.
Other features that help Bluehost stand apart from the crowd are:
- Highest level of support with their friendly and patient support staff.
- Veteran hosting team which is one of the best in its class and has all the ingredients and expertise to help your site succeed.
- Hold times that average less than 30 seconds and 100% in house on site staff in our Utah offices
- Bluehost has its own data center, they have build their own servers, and their own nationwide fiber network, above all they have build their own custom linux kernel so that all your hosting related issues are solved at one place and you are not left running around to 5 different locations to get your problems solved.
- Bluehost facilities include our 50,000 square foot headquarters with two secondary data centers locations totalling over 20,000 square feet of data center space.
- It has UPS power, diesel generators, and multiple 10 gigabit fiber connections to locations all over the world.
Here’s a video that tells you how to easily install WordPress on Bluehost.
Everything You Should Know About HostGator
One of the leading hosting companies in the world Hostgator was founded in 2002. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas but it provides services to clients from over 200 national and international locations. The company boasts of an employee strength of more than 750 placed in various countries across the globe.
Hostgator offers a vast array of hosting web options to suit different sections of its clients – shared web hosting, reseller hosting, vps hosting and dedicated web hosting. Recently it has also added cloud hosting to its service offerings.
Anyone can actually start their first month hosting on Hostgator by just paying $0.01. Click here to start your hosting on HostGator. Most bloggers find it easy to pay monthly installments over paying for one year (like Bluehost) at a time. This is the reason why few people choose Hostgator over Bluehost.
If you are looking for a cloud hosting provider then Hostgator is best because their plans are very affordable and features are great. It hosts over 8 million domains and is one of the most popular web hosts in the industry.
It is a world-famous web hosting provider with services ranging from shared hosting to cloud. All your websites are guaranteed to be eco-friendly as HostGator has been devoted to environment protection by investing in Wind Energy and purchasing certificated Renewable Energy Credits. In this BluehostVs HostGator comparison, let’s talk about its pros and cons.
- HostGator provides a control panel which is designed for ease-of-use and which is ideal even for beginners.
- It provides a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Just for signing up, you will get $200 in free advertising credits.
- HostGator backs all of its plans with a 45-day money back guarantee.
- If you are a beginner looking for ease-of-use, then HostGator provides many simplified tools for website design and scripting.
- It offers free migration service with all new accounts. Their expert team will transfer your website from your previous host at no extra cost during the first 30 days of signing up.
- It offers 24×7 responsive technical support through toll-free telephone, live chat and email.
- Some of the HostGator’s plans are more expensive than plans offered by competitors.
- Unlike many other hosting companies, HostGator does not offer a free domain registration upon signing up.
- Installation is very easy with just a few clicks as it provides 1-click WordPress installation. You can choose from more than 75 applications.
- If you go with the WordPress Starter Plan, you will get a ton of amazing features including a simplified control panel, apps and plugins for WordPress, speed boosting, enhanced security features.
- HostGator offers a variety of hosting plans. You can choose from shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, cloud hosting and WordPress hosting plans.
- If you want to host an online store, then choose the Business plan as it gives you a free dedicated IP address as well as a free dedicated SSL certificate. It is compatible with a number of different shopping carts and allows you to accept payments through various online gateways.
- It protects your site against DDoS attacks.
HostGator is an excellent choice if you want to host a blog on WordPress. HostGator offers such a wide range of plans and types of hosting that no matter whatever the needs or budget you have, you will find something to suit you.
If you are wondering what features you will get when you sign up for Hostgator, have a look.
The other factors that add to the status of Hostgator are:
- It is a leading and industry recognized hosting provider with more than 12,000 servers under management.
- HostGator has more than 400,000 customers and provides them with innovative products and services designed to complement their existing businesses.
- HostGator serves customers ranging from individual freelancers to Fortune 500 companies in more than 200 countries.
- In a customer satisfaction survey, approximately 90% of HostGator customers reported being satisfied with HostGator and the services it provides.
- HostGator’s management team consists of web hosting and technology veterans working together to ensure HostGator continues to provide the quality web hosting services it has become known for.
Click here to sign up for Hostgator and get 60% OFF
Here’s a simple tutorial on how to install WordPress on HostGator
Recommended Reading: Bluehost vs GoDaddy: Which Is Best In 2019
Things That Make Bluehost Better
Free domain name
HostGator doesn’t offer you any free domain name. Whereas Bluehost gives you a domain name FREE for 1 year. That means you can easily save over $10 with this feature alone.
While buying Bluehost hosting, it will first ask you to enter any domain name (just enter any available domain name) and it will NOT charge you extra for the domain name for 1 entire year.
Are you liking this comparison of Bluehost and Hostgator? Then, why not start your blog today?
Click here to start your blog on Bluehost TODAY!
Bluehost is much cheaper
Everyone loves getting a hosting option at a cheaper rate, right?
Although HostGator has flexible pricing options like monthly, quarterly, yearly etc but it won’t come any closer to the pricing options given by Bluehost.
Bluehost is really cheaper when compared to HostGator.
Bluehost costs you just $2.95 per month where as HostGator costs you $3.95 per month.
On top of that, you have to pay extra money to getting a domain name for your blog or website. So which hosting wins in this Bluehost vs HostGator review? Pricing wise, Bluehost clearly wins over HostGator.
A user-friendly customer support relieves you from a lot of pains
As a blogger you would always want to concentrate on your business rather than struggle long in the automated mechanical response machines or type long SMS and mails frantically looking for a resolution. Providing web hosting service, this means a lot if you got an excellent customer support!
Bluehost has more likes compared to HostGator or other similar products, with an amazing customer service which has been already rated number one in almost all reviews and blog forums. Their 24 x 7 support comprising a well-trained fleet of executives assures quickest resolution to your problems. Bluehost as well leads in adopting the latest features like Live Chat, video tutorials and knowledge base and FAQ results in making it state-of-the-art.
Bluehost any time money back guarantee vs HostGator 45 days money back guarantee
Did you know that you can get your money back any time you want if you cancel your account with Bluehost?
If you are somehow not satisfied with Bluehost features or services and want your refund back, you can simply contact their support staff and get your money back! If you are not happy with them, you will get your money back. It’s as simple as that.
Bluehost offers prorated money back guarantee.
For instance, if you get a 3 year hosting with Bluehost and after 1 year if you decide to cancel their hosting, you can get the remaining 2 years money back!
Whereas HostGator offers only 45 days money back guarantee, that means even if you buy a 3 years hosting with them, you won’t get any refund if you cancel your HostGator account after 45 days.
Allied benefits make Bluehost a lucrative hosting option
If so-called attractive offers by web hosting providers give you a feel of marketing gimmicks, you are not completely wrong. However, here is something that will change your lookout, more than just being the carrots of allied benefits dangling in front! Bluehost appears to be an exception on this front as well.
It’s amazing offers like unlimited disk space and bandwidth, and then there are thousands of free website templates make it the first preference for many bloggers.
You know it, how big a pain it is to change website host, but Bluehost provides you complete support in migrating your website. And mind it, it is absolutely free! Get your domain, files, scripts and database transferred without any cost that is surely a great offer. What a sigh of relief!
With a wholesome view, my analysis about BlueHost vs HostGator web hosting services comes after looking at every possible feature. Based upon this, it gets easier for you to draw a conclusion about which web hosting provider proves better in the longer run and in terms of a better value for your bucks.
The impressive statistics of Bluehost with over 2 millions of domains make the picture even clearer. Isn’t associating with a provider that is one of the top ten web hosting companies in the world, a great feeling in itself?
Recommended: Bluehost vs GoDaddy: Which Is Best In 2019
Here are few FAQs you should know about these hosting services.
1. Why should I choose HostGator?
HostGator is great if you want to start a WordPress site using monthly plans as HostGator offers you various monthly hosting plans where you don’t find any such monthly plans on Bluehost.
2. Why should I prefer Bluehost?
If you prefer speed and better performance, Bluehost can be a great hosting choice. Bluehost offers better customer support when compared to HostGator along with pricing.
3. Which one is the best hosting service among HostGator and Bluehost?
Bluehost can be a great choice if you want affordable hosting plans with better website performance and customer support whereas HostGator is great if you prefer monthly plans over yearly hosting plans.
4. What if you’re not happy with HostGator?
HostGator offers you a 45 days money back guarantee which means you can get your money back if you’re not happy with the hosting they offer.
5. What if you’re not happy with Bluehost?
If you’re not happy with Bluehost hosting services, you can simply contact Bluehost customer care through their email or ticketing system to cancel your hosting plan with them. They will refund your money if you cancel it within 30 days.
Recommended Web Hosting Resources:
- Which Bluehost hosting plan is best for you in 2019?
- Bluehost coupon code: 66% Off on Hosting and a Free domain
- How to start a blog on Bluehost in 2019?
- Why should you use Bluehost for hosting your business website?
- WPengine vs Bluehost: which host to pick in 2019?
- Hostgator baby plan review: reasons to pick it with 60% coupon code
This comparison post is made to clearly mention which one is the best among Hostgator and Bluehost.
I’ve listed all the benefits of both these services, so it’s your choice to get what you want. I should make a point that, both Bluehost and HostGator are top notch web hosting providers and millions of domains are being hosted on both of them.
With Bluehost, you will get a cheaper pricing, anytime money back guarantee in addition to a free domain name.
With HostGator, you will get flexible pricing packages where you can pay monthly, quarterly, half yearly, yearly etc.
Click This Link to buy BlueHost Web Hosting to host Standard website or blog for as low as $2.95
Click This Link to Sign up for any Hosting Plan from Hostgator and save 43% money on your first billing cycle.