If you are searching for the best SEO plugins for WordPress sites, your search ends here. I have been using many top-class SEO plugins on my WordPress sites to increase my search engine rankings. In this detailed guide, I’m going to share you the top plugins for improving your search engine traffic.
Search engine optimization is the ONLY way to boost your organic traffic results and also your ranking factors. Without SEO, you can’t build a profitable online business in 2023 and beyond.
But most bloggers find it very difficult to get good results from the search engines mainly because they are not at all aware of how to optimize their posts and pages. Luckily, if you are a WordPress user, there are tons of great SEO plugins out there, the majority of them are free and I’m going to share all of them in this detailed SEO guide.
Table of Contents
- 14 Best SEO plugins for WordPress in 2023 for better rankings
- 1. Rank Math SEO
- 2. WordPress SEO by Yoast
- 3. All in one SEO pack
- 4. SEO Squirrly
- 5. The SEO framework
- 6. WP SEOPress
- 7. W3 Total Cache
- 8. Broken link checker
- 9. All In One Schema Rich Snippets
- 10. Google Analytics by MonsterInsights
- 11. Smush Image Compression
- 12. Redirection
- 13. LiteSpeed Cache
- 14. EWWW Image Optimizer
14 Best SEO plugins for WordPress in 2023 for better rankings
Without much ado, let’s jump discuss the SEO plugins for WordPress blogs to use in 2023.
1. Rank Math SEO
The reason to list Rank Math SEO plugin #1 in the list is not only because it’s free but it offers some AMAZING features. In fact, what Yoast SEO plugin offers its features in the premium version is what you can get for free in the Rank Math plugin.
The plugin offers you incredible features including;
- You can optimize your content for up to 5 keywords
- You can get Google, Facebook, and Twitter previews
- You will get LSI keyword suggestions for each post
- You can easily redirect using their Redirect Manager module
- You’ll get automatic interlinking suggestions for links to other pages on your website, as you write.
- You can easily monitor your 404 page so you don’t lose visitors because they get stuck on a 404 Not Found pages
Above all, you can easily track your keyword positions on Google (you just need to connect your Google search console account).
So yes, when a plugin offers you a plethora of benefits, you should definitely give it a try to it. You can also read our Rank Math SEO Plugin review to know more about the plugin and its benefits.
2. WordPress SEO by Yoast
We can’t ignore the Yoast SEO plugin, can we?
This is a popular SEO plugin that is used by millions of bloggers to grow their search engine traffic. This plugin was developed by Joost de Valk who is a great plugin developer whose services are being even used by top blogs like Mashable.
This plugin is downloaded over by 10 million bloggers and webmasters, it says all about the importance of using this plugin to boost search engine traffic.
This plugin gives you a snippet preview on how your content, headline, etc. gets viewed in the search results so that you can optimize your headlines and meta description accordingly.
3. All in one SEO pack
In my opinion, All in one SEO pack gives you easy access to improving your organic traffic even if you are a newbie to search engine optimization.
This plugin automatically optimizes your WordPress blogs and websites for search engines so you don’t have to do anything extra work to optimize your posts. This plugin will automatically generate meta tags and optimizes your titles to give you better search engine traffic and rankings.
If you are a beginner, just install this plugin, sit back and relax. You just have to create content, this plugin takes care of everything.
4. SEO Squirrly
SEO Squirrly works like an SEO consultant for non-SEO people. To put it simply, even if you don’t have a clue about SEO, you can use this plugin to optimize your content both for readers and search engines like a pro.
Once the plugin is installed on your WordPress site, you simply pick a topic before writing and the interface will light up green if you’re doing everything right. When all the lights are green, you can publish your page because your text has great SEO and it’s 100% optimized so you can better rankings from search engines like Google. Here’s what it looks like;
The great thing about using this incredible WordPress SEO plugin is that it works well in WordPress sites that already have Yoast and All In One SEO so you don’t need to worry if you’re already using any one of them.
Here are some of the features of this plugin:
- Works like an in-house SEO expert by suggesting to you how to improve your on-page SEO.
- Gives access to copyright-free images to use within your content.
- Squirrly Snippet you can control the information and how it looks when someone finds your site.
- Also generates XML sitemaps for your site (so you don’t need an additional XML sitemap plugin to install).
- Also offers you related internal links while writing your content so you can better interlink to your old posts for excellent SEO rankings.
So what are you waiting for?
5. The SEO framework
This is the ultimate WordPress SEO plugin that gives you an automated, easily accessible, and extremely fast SEO solution for any WordPress site to quickly skyrocket your website rankings.
This plugin gives you access to an SEO bar from your dashboard by showing various colors (green means, your SEO is good) so you can quickly optimize your posts. Here’s what it looks like;
Here are some of the uses of installing this awesome SEO WordPress plugin:
- Allows you to optimize every public page, post, taxonomy, and term.
- This plugin shows you how to improve SEO with a beautiful SEO bar.
- Also helps your pages get shared through Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
6. WP SEOPress
This is a great SEO plugin for content analysis and helps you easily optimize your content and provides you easy access to boost your social shares. Here’s what it looks like;
Here are some of the features of this awesome WordPress SEO plugin:
- Easy access to titles, and meta descriptions to change data however you want
- Gives you access to Google Analytics with download tracking, custom dimensions, ip anonymization, remarketing, demographics and interest reporting, cross-domain tracking
- Supports canonical URL
- Meta robots (noindex, nofollow, noodp, noimageindex, noarchive, nosnippet)
- Helps you build your custom XML Sitemap to improve search indexing
- Image XML Sitemaps to improve search indexing for Google Images.
- You can do redirections in posts, pages, and custom post types
- You can easily import posts and terms metadata from Yoast SEO
7. W3 Total Cache
One of the reasons most websites get abandoned is because of their loading times. If your site loads very slow, your visitors won’t be interested in reading the contents of your sites, they will immediately leave your site and reach out to other blogs.
Website loading time is one of the key factors in getting more search engine traffic. Google gives less priority to the websites that load slowly. So if you are focusing on improving your organic traffic, you must focus on making the loading time of your website faster.
Here’s where the W3 total cache plugin comes into play. It nullifies all the caches on your site and gives you minimal loading time for a better user experience. This plugin is used by almost every blog in the WordPress community.
This plugin is recommended by top web hosts like Page.ly, Synthesis, Dream Host, Media Temple, GoDaddy, Hostgator, and countless more. This plugin increases your website server performance and reduces the download times by providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration.
Recommended Reading: Know why W3 Total Cache is Better Than WP Super Cache
Broken links or dead links are dangerous as they can kill your SERP rankings (Google penalizes sites that have dead links or broken links). So make sure to fix all the dead and broken links on your sites if you are concerned about getting more search engine traffic.
One of the easiest ways to find and fix broken links is to use the top SEO plugin in the WordPress directory, “broken link checker”.
This plugin thoroughly monitors your site and it will check your posts, comments, and other content for broken links and missing images, and notify you if any dead links are found.
Here are some of the benefits of using this plugin:
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, and custom fields.
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images, and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text, and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable as per your SEO needs.
9. All In One Schema Rich Snippets
Are you looking to get more click-through rates from search engines? Then use the All in one schema rich snippets plugin made to boost your clicks from Google results by giving you access to show rich snippets.
This is one of the best plugins if you want to get better rich snippets for your targeted keywords. A rich snippet is basically a short summary of your page in the search results of Google which usually includes star ratings, author photo, image, etc.
This plugin helps in getting better click-through rates which further increase your search traffic so make sure to grab it from the below link.
10. Google Analytics by MonsterInsights
We all know how important it is to install Google analytics for our websites. But it’s always a pain to go to Google Analytics to check your traffic metrics. This problem gets solved by MonsterInsights plugin which gives you instant access to your Google analytics without from your WordPress dashboard itself.
Simply install the plugin, connect it to your Google Analytics account, and boom you can start tracking and checking your website traffic metrics whenever you want instantly from your dashboard.
With this incredible WordPress SEO plugin, you don’t need to wait till the next day to find out about traffic spikes or potential problems. You can get real-time stats along with the demographics.
11. Smush Image Compression
Compressing the images that you use within your content can be so much helpful for you in getting better rankings and more importantly images with fewer sizes so your pages load really faster. This plugin is helpful in compressing your images without losing most of their quality.
Here are some of the benefits of using this plugin:
- Easily optimize your images using advanced lossless compression techniques.
- You can set maximum width and height and large images will automatically scale before being added to your media library Process JPEG, GIF, and PNG image files (this is an awesome feature so you can automatically scale your images without wasting your time).
- You can optimize any image in any directory from your sites (you can even access all of your pre-used images to compress all of them at once).
- Asynchronously auto-smush your attachments for super fast compression on upload.
- Manually smush your attachments individually in the media library, or in bulk 50 attachments at a time.
- You can easily smush all standard images which are 1MB or smaller in size.
If you’re running a website for some time, you already know the pain of 404 error pages, deal links or broken pages etc. They are not only bad for your audience but also hurt your website rankings because Google won’t tolerate the sites with huge 404 error pages or broken pages.
You need to find and fix those broken pages as soon as possible. With this plugin, you can easily manage 301 redirects, keep track of 404 errors and manage all your broken pages at once.
You can simply redirect your broken pages to some other high-performing pages for better rankings and you can easily keep track of all your 301 redirects in one place.
13. LiteSpeed Cache
This is a PHP-based plugin that was developed to increase the website performance by using its built-in cache system. Works like a charm to remove your overall PageSpeed score developed by Google.
Here are some of the benefits of using the ultimate SEO plugin for WordPress:
- Image optimization
- WebP image format support
- PageSpeed score optimization
- Load CSS/JS Asynchronously
- Lazyload images/iframes
- Content Delivery Network support
- HTTP/2 Push for CSS and JS
- Database Cleaner and Optimizer
- Browser Cache
14. EWWW Image Optimizer
We all know the importance of using images within our articles, pages, landing pages, etc. But one common mistake I notice that other bloggers often make is they don’t optimize their images at all.
If you use large size image files within your content, it will create a burden on your hosting databases and take too much time to load your web pages which results in slow loading times.
You must take care of your website loading times because Google gives top priority to those pages that load faster. Here’s where the EWWW image optimizer plugin comes into play. Here’s what it looks like;
This plugin will save you storage space and bandwidth.
This plugin will automatically optimize new images that you upload, it can also optimize all the images that you have already uploaded, and optionally convert your images to the best file format.
Browse more WordPress Plugins:
- All in one SEO Plugin Review for 2023
- Best WordPress Plugins for massive traffic building on your blog
All the above-mentioned SEO plugins are best and suitable for all the bloggers ranging from new to pros who are thinking to grow their organic traffic. Make sure not to use too many SEO plugins as they can only hurt your rankings and slows down your website page loading times. So give it a try one after the other and stick to any of the plugins that fit your needs.
My only suggestion before using any top SEO WordPress plugin is that, know it well in advance. How the plugin functions, and who developed it as there are lots of plugin developers out there who are using bad practices to develop plugins and insert malicious codes. So beware of this fact before using any SEO plugin for WordPress sites.
How many of you are using the above-mentioned WordPress plugins? Do you have any more recommendations on new SEO plugins? Please share your thoughts in the comments.