Ramit Sethi’s net worth is over $25 million.
The majority of his wealth is created from his online businesses including I Will Teach You To Be Rich, Growth Lab, his premium online courses, etc.
Ramit started his blog IWT (I Will Teach You To Be Rich) in 2004 while he was studying technology and psychology at Stanford.
He started his online journey selling a $4.95 eBook. Now, Ramit makes millions of dollars every year from his online businesses. So how did he go from zero to building a million-dollar business?
In this post, let us talk about Ramit Sethi’s net worth and what we can all learn from his online success.
Table of Contents
- Who is Ramit Sethi?
- 10 Inspiring Lessons from Ramit Sethi, IWT Founder
- Lesson 1. Develop “systems”, not goals
- Lesson 2. Start small, grow BIG
- Lesson 3: Earn money on the side
- Lesson 4: Focus on ACTION, not consumption
- Lesson 5: Create premium courses that offer HUGE value
- Lesson 6. Understand the psychology of money
- Lesson 7: Network with influencers
- Lesson 8: Never fast forward your way to success
- Lesson 9: Be active on social media
- Lesson 10: Build a great team
- Top 10 Inspiring Quotes by Ramit Sethi
- FAQs About Ramit Sethi
- Final Thoughts on Ramit Sethi Net Worth
Who is Ramit Sethi?
Ramit Sethi is an entrepreneur and owner of two popular websites, GrowthLab and I Will Teach You To Be Rich. He’s also the author of the 2009 New York Times Best Seller, “I Will Teach You to Be Rich”.
Ramit Sethi Biography:
- Ramit Sethi’s Age: 39 years old
- Birth Date: 30 June 1982
- Birth Place: California, United States
- Nationality: American
- Status: Married
Ramit Sethi in Numbers:
- Over 1,000,000 people read his blog every month
- Ramit’s YouTube channel “I Will Teach You To Be Rich” currently has nearly 195,000 subscribers
- Ramit currently has over 255,000 followers on Instagram
- Ramit’s New York Times bestselling book on personal finance has over 7,000+ reviews on Amazon
- Nearly 200,000 people follow Ramit on Twitter
Ramit Sethi Books:
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich: No Guilt. No Excuses. No Bs. Just a 6-Week Program That Works
- Your Move: The Underdog’s Guide to Building Your Business
- Recruit or Die: How Any Business Can Beat the Big Guys in the War for YoungTalent
So are you curious to find out what contributed to Ramit Sethi’s online success? Want to know how Ramit Sethi net worth went from $0 to over $25 million? Read on.
10 Inspiring Lessons from Ramit Sethi, IWT Founder
Lesson 1. Develop “systems”, not goals
Ramit is known for creating and developing systems to automate most of his tasks.
According to Ramit, systems are hard to build, but they pay off for 20+ years.
If you’re curious, here are some of the systems Ramit developed over the years.
- Finances for automatic saving & investing
- Working with his assistant to save 20+ hours/week
- The scholarship system Ramit used to apply to 65+ college scholarships
- Daily productivity
These systems are the PRIMARY reason Ramit Sethi net worth is over 25 million dollars.
To build a system, you need to decide what you want to achieve.
You need to pick ONE THING that will take you toward what you want, and regularly improve your system so you can get AMAZING results with it.
If you’re still wondering about the difference between systems and goals, here’s a simple example.
If you’re an entrepreneur, your goal might be to build a million-dollar business.
Your system is how you test product ideas, hire the right team and attract high-paying clients.
Similarly, if you’re a blogger, your goal might be earning $10K per month from blogging. Your system is building an audience, creating a content strategy, generating more traffic, and turning that traffic into profits.
Are you getting it? Systems work like a charm.
Key takeaway: Forget about setting goals. Instead, focus on creating systems that help you achieve your goals in an efficient way. Systems are more effective because you can control them.
Lesson 2. Start small, grow BIG
Someone once asked Ramit on Twitter, “What if I want an 8 figure business?”
The harsh truth is that most people would rather dream about running a million-dollar business than actually running a $10,000 business.
And.. then, they stop taking action altogether because their goals seem almost impossible to achieve. That’s why you need to start small!
Every professional was once an amateur. Every EXPERT was once a BEGINNER.
Ramit is no exception. He started his online journey selling a $4.95 ebook. He’s now running a multimillion-dollar business. So dream BIG and start NOW!
In one of his blog posts, Ramit shows how he went from selling a $4.95 book to making $11,000 in a single day.
On the left, you can see the $4.95 sale (2006). On right: $11,000 in a day (2015).
You’re not going to make $10,000 in a day right now. You don’t know how yet!
Even if Ramit gives you the secret mantra to his business, you’d have no idea what to do!
But… you can start TODAY and with consistency, you can start earning more and achieve things you ever thought possible.
Key takeaway: Everyone starts at zero. Nobody is born a genius. Everyone has the potential to excel in their fields, but only those who put in a TON of practice and dedication can achieve results that only a genius could achieve.
Lesson 3: Earn money on the side
If you’re working on a 9 to 5 job, find out ways to earn money on the side. You should start a side hustle.
A side hustle is a way to make money outside of your 9 to 5 job. It helps you earn more money that’ll give you the freedom to pursue your dreams.
Even I started blogging as a side hustle in 2005 while working on a full-time job. In 2018, I was able to quit my job as I was earning over $10K from the blog you’re currently reading.
In case you’re curious, you can read my blogging journey to find out how I went from zero to earning $10K/mo.
Side hustles always pay. You just have to grind harder for the initial years.
Key takeaway: Find ways to make money even while you sleep. Focus on creating a side hustle that generates passive income for you.
Lesson 4: Focus on ACTION, not consumption
You can read all the blogs and email newsletters you want. But until you take action, nothing will ever change in your life.
Most people wait for things to happen instead of making them happen. That’s why most people live ordinary lives.
Ramit is an action taker. Once he gets an idea, he immediately puts that thing into action. One of the key secrets of his massive success is quickly turning ideas into execution.
Key takeaway: Don’t wait for someone to give you permission – take action. Don’t try to be a perfectionist. Take action even when you don’t feel ready.
Lesson 5: Create premium courses that offer HUGE value
98% of the content you find on Ramit’s blog is FREE. The other 2% is what you can find on his premium online courses.
Ramit Sethi created more than 20 successful online products so far.
Their prices range from $100 to $25,000. Ramit and his team invest a lot of time and money in creating their products. It’s A LOT of hard work.
But… their hard work pays off as their courses sell like hot cakes immediately after the launch.
You could offer something for free, but if your audience or customers don’t care, they don’t care.
So pay attention to what your target audience wants. Find out their problems and wants. Find a solution and deliver it as a product or service. That’s how you make it big.
Key takeaway: Offer exceptional value with your FREE content. That’s what helps you build a loyal following. But make sure to offer something extra in your premium content so you can actually make solid profits.
Lesson 6. Understand the psychology of money
Ramit always says “Don’t ask the $3 questions. Ask the $30,000 questions”.
We’re obsessed with cutting back and feeling guilty about spending $5 on coffee, but we never stop to ask ourselves, “How much are we paying in investment fees?”.
For many people, that’s tens of thousands of dollars. Have you ever thought about negotiating your salary, which over the course of your life can be worth well over $100,000?
Ramit wants us to learn ONE thing: “There’s a limit to how much you can cut down on your savings, but there’s NO LIMIT on how much you can earn.”
Here are some of the areas that ACTUALLY matter:
- Investing early
- Investing consistently & automatically
- Learning to negotiate salary
- Creating a debt-payoff plan
- Understanding the investor psychology
But instead, many people complain about their taxes going up, Netflix monthly subscription fees going up, etc. But they spend less time on things that actually matter.
That’s why you need to understand the psychology of money. Find ways to earn more money. Spend extravagantly on the things you love and cut costs mercilessly on the things you don’t. That’s how it works (according to Ramit).
If you want to learn and understand Ramit’s psychology of money and looking to learn the automatic money system he uses, you should definitely check out his book.
If you’re curious to manage money well, here’s Ramit’s advice on how to spend less than one hour per month on your finances.
- Automate bill pay, savings, and investments
- Create a Conscious Spending Plan. Focus on 1-2 variable costs (the rest are usually pretty stable)
- Set 30 minutes to review each month
Key takeaway: For starters, spending less can have an immediate impact on your finances but for most other business owners, focusing on earning more helps A LOT in the long run. Find one thing you love most and spend how much ever you want on it. Your primary focus should be on earning more.
Lesson 7: Network with influencers
One main reason for Ramit’s MASSIVE success is this: he has connections with influencers like Tim Ferriss. That’s the reason Ramit Sethi net worth is growing rapidly.
He does interviews with almost every influencer in the marketing field.
What happens when you’ve solid connections with the KEY people in your industry? You’ll achieve results FASTER. That’s why networking is so important.
Key takeaway: Many successful people got to where they are now because of the help they got from others along the way. If you want to succeed in business, network with others. Find influencers in your industry and build strong relationships.
Lesson 8: Never fast forward your way to success
NOTHING comes easy. Everything worth having in life takes time.
Most people fail to make money online is they often look for shortcuts. They look for get-rich-quick schemes and often fall for cheap scams. Avoid them at all costs.
Have a clear vision. Figure out what you want in life and business. Set a deadline (in years). Then, break down your vision (or goal) into small and actionable tasks that you can achieve in months. That’s how you succeed!
Key takeaway: It takes time to build an empire. It’s not going to happen overnight. Work hard every single day. Try to automate your work.
Ramit spends a lot of time on social media sites including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Do you know why he does it?
He spends on social media to engage with his “target audience”.
He uses social media sites for many reasons including;
- To come up with new ideas
- Network with others
- Share his wisdom
- Promote his books and many more
So if you want to become an influencer or guru in your niche, try to find a platform or social media to engage constantly with your followers.
Key takeaway: Social media is important because it allows you to reach to a wider audience, nurture, and engage with your target audience. So if you want to increase your net worth like Ramit, make sure to learn how to use social media like a pro.
Lesson 10: Build a great team
One of the primary reasons for Ramit’s success is his TEAM.
Ramit runs two successful online businesses including IWT (I Will Teach You To Be Rich) and GrowthLab.
If you’re curious;
- IWT is focused on personal finance and freelancing
- GrowthLab is focused on online business
And… he creates LOTS of content on both these platforms. Besides, he also creates videos and podcasts.
So how does he do all that?
He has an amazing team that helps him with almost everything including;
- Coming up with topic ideas
- Replying to his emails
- Creating content
- Taking care of SEO and social media engagement
- Product creation and marketing
- And the list goes on
The best part? Ramit hires the BEST people. Most of his team members have worked at venture-backed tech startups, major marketing companies, and Fortune 100 companies.
Also, if you’re interested to join his team to work for Ramit, you can check out the careers page on his blog.
Here are some of the amazing benefits of joining his team.
- Work from anywhere
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance plans for US employees
- 401k plan for US employees
- Generous paid time off
Key takeaway: If you want to get better results, don’t work solo. Find a team, train them, take advice from them. That’s how you build a successful business (be it offline or online). Yes, finding the right team is HARD but you’ll need to pick the right people to grow together.
Top 10 Inspiring Quotes by Ramit Sethi
Are you looking for inspiring quotes by Ramit Sethi? Here are the top 10 Ramit Sethi quotes about entrepreneurship, finance, and life.
1. “There is a limit to how much you can cut but there is no limit to how much you can earn.”
2. “The single most important factor to getting rich is getting started, not being the smartest person in the room.”
3. “The 85 Percent Solution: Getting started is more important than becoming an expert.”
4. “Most people never realize that 80% of the work is done before you step in a room. That’s why they spend their entire lives grasping for magical tactics instead of changing their entire mindset.”
5. “In the end, managing your finances well is a lot like developing a strong personal productivity system: You keep track of everything without making it your full-time job; you set goals; you break them down into small bite-size tasks; you save yourself time by automating manual work, and you spend your time and brainpower focusing on the big picture. That’s what I try to do with my time and money.”
6. “But ultimately, expertise is about results. You can have the fanciest degrees from the fanciest schools, but if you can’t perform what you were hired to do, your expertise is meaningless.”
7. “Focus more on being decisive and less on trying to make the “right” decision. You’ll never know until you try, and if you’re wrong, you can always try again.”
8. “It’s more important to get started than to spend an exhaustive amount of time researching.”
9. “If something isn’t working, don’t try harder or do more. Do something DIFFERENT.”
10. “Make the right decisions in life and you’ll never have to worry about saving $3 a day on lattes.”
FAQs About Ramit Sethi
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions around Ramit Sethi.
Ramit Sethi is the founder and chief executive of IWT (I Will Teach You To Be Rich). Ramit is also the author of the NYT’s best-selling book “I Will Teach You to Be Rich,” a book on personal finance.
Ramit Sethi net worth is estimated at over $25 million dollars as of 2021. Most of his income comes from his online courses and finance blog IWillTeachYouToBeRich.
Cassandra Sethi is the wife of Ramit Sethi. They both were married in 2018. Cassandra is the founder of Next Level Wardrobe, a men’s styling company based in New York.
Ramit Sethi published the following books.
– I Will Teach You To Be Rich: No Guilt, No Excuses – Just a 6-Week Program that Works
– Your Move: The Underdog’s Guide to Building Your Business
– Recruit or Die: How Any Business Can Beat the Big Guys in the War for Young Talent
Here are some of the ways Ramit Sethi makes money;
– Selling high-ticket premium online courses
– Selling his own books such as IWT
– Partnerships, brand collaborations, and more
You can email Ramit at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Few More Interesting Reads for You:
- 10 INCREDIBLE Lessons from Pat Flynn on Building A Successful Online Business
- Neil Patel Net Worth: Top 10 Lessons from Neil’s Online Success
- Russell Brunson Net Worth: 10 POWERFUL Lessons to Learn
- Jack Ma Net Worth: 10 Life-Changing Lessons From Alibaba’s Founder
- 10 Inspiring Lessons to Learn from Gary Vee
Final Thoughts on Ramit Sethi Net Worth
Ramit doesn’t believe in saving $5 on lattes as he thinks a $5 coffee or latte is not going to change your financial life. Instead, he believes one can change their life by learning how to invest, how to negotiate a $5,000 raise, and so on.
If you want to follow a different approach to finance, and looking to learn money or grow a successful business, you should follow Ramit.
So what do you think about Ramit Sethi’s net worth and financial advice? How did Ramit Sethi inspire you? Share your thoughts in the comments below.