Online marketing and businesses are at the rise in the contemporary world. Everyone wants to make hay while this sun shines and many people are taking steps to learn and utilize this extremely lucrative tool. The online marketing enables you to promote and sell your product and services without investing big bucks and also allows you to do so for free. This is where the charm of free classifieds plays its role. They are next to indispensable for startups; small businesses, individuals and companies which are bidding for client requirements.
Just as a normal shop or business can fail unless it attracts a good number of buyers; online marketing too can fall flat on its face if it fails to generate online traffic. So, no matter how good the product or service and how much money you are spending on creating and placing the ad; unless it piques user’s interest and brings in more and more of them; you may end up failing at your online venture. Anyone can set up a website but what matters is bringing or attracting traffic to it. This is where SEO comes in. Search Engine Optimization is used to get free traffic to your website. There is software that helps in getting a top listing with the use of keywords but search engines like Google change their algorithms on daily basis and one cannot rely solely on SEO for main traffic provider.
Every website owner is aware of the need for an SEO. It is the cornerstone of every successful online marketing drive. Without SEO a website has hardly any chance of getting seen and noticed, let alone be productive.
All webmasters use Classified ads for traffic optimization. Yet, you must remember that using free classifieds for SEO has to be done carefully. It is a revolving door when it comes to website traffic. You must promote yourself aggressively if you wish to see any sales and subsequent profits. Paid classifieds do bring traffic but what if your funds have dried up and you cannot pay for your advertising? Free classified ads are a very important tool in the online marketing business. They do not cost anything and can start providing results from the very moment that they get posted online.
A classified ad has three parts:
- Contact details
The art of crafting an effective free classified ad involves the creation of a cleverly crafted; effective Headline. An attractive headline makes expert use of keywords that generate interest and bring in the much desired readers and buyers. It then goes on to provide details of the product or services and tries to meet the customer’s needs as honestly as it can. Most free classifieds use attractive offers to rope in the customer – e.g. ‘Limited Offer’; ‘Special Discount for the first five’ or ‘Limited Stock’ etc. The finishing touch is given by the closing which must lead the buyer to the ‘Contact now’ or ‘Buy now’ button.
How Classified ads help with SEO
Classified ads are generally viewed as a marketing tool for promotion of services and events. Classified ads are used to generate leads. They are an excellent method of getting relevant back links to your blog or website. Some websites allow you to post the content with back links and such classified ads can immediately generate sales inquiry within hours of being posted. This is why using free classified ads to promote and market your online business is one of the most popular and effective SEO strategies, employed by most online marketers. Marketing your product and services through free online business ads is a very proficient way of reaching out to your select set of potential customers. The thing to keep in mind is to write relevant content that enables the search engines to understand clearly what your website is all about, because, that will allow them to rank you properly. This in turn can give you better chances of being listed in the top few, when it comes to Search Engines.
Classified ads are filled with SEO potential as they use very specific strategies. If you are using paid or free classified ads on your website then your ad and content get automatically indexed on search engines.
What to keep in mind
- Do not fill your web site with classified ads that do not carry good content as it will do next to nothing for your business or SEO. All it will provide you with is a high ‘bounce’ score, which will not be good for you or your business.
- A ‘bounce’ means that people are coming to your web site but are leaving without opening another page or clicking on the back links that allow the web site to capture the search engine’s interest. It shows that the content was not good enough to lead the customer to carry on with his query and lost his/her interest.
- Make sure to use the sites that allow you to use back links and direct marking.
- Do not post free classified ads every single day. It is best to use them sparingly if your goal is to gain maximum impact. This will also save your website from getting the dubious title of ‘classified ad site only’.
- Always remember to post the information that you would like to publicize specifically. Like: expos, meetings, gatherings, exhibitions and all kinds of public events as they tend to capture public interest, rather easily.
- The classified ads should be used wisely and should describe your company and its services in right detail. It should only contain the important and relevant information. There is no room for errors here; so it is best to check, double and triple check the ad before posting it on your website.
Just like any other strategy of boosting SEO rating; classified ads too work only when used in the correct manner. Take good care and select ads with back links that will be easily picked up by search engines and will be more readily available to the public.
This is a guest post by Priyanka Arora a part time blogger working with wohho.com – free classified site where you can search and post free classified ads for promoting your business online.